Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • ragnoroker: Brand new server! Less than 1 week old! Nightmare/Raids 1/2/Hydra/Pk Modes/Exp modes/ Unique  Join today - [link]
      July 04, 2020, 06:42:38 PM
    • ragnoroker: Brand new server! Less than 1 week old! Nightmare/Raids 1/2/Hydra/Pk Modes/Exp modes/ Unique  Join today - [link]
      July 04, 2020, 06:42:32 PM
    • iddsyou: PkOwnage 2 worlds, modern OSRS & 2014 server! [link]  Join us on Discord! [link]
      July 04, 2020, 11:07:29 AM
    • slayerpure: kingdom full blown custom server with over 50 custom bosses released last week. play now here     [link]
      July 02, 2020, 08:44:32 PM
    • jgoet: dodian !!
      July 02, 2020, 07:15:44 PM
    • jgoet: join [link]  its back online !!!!
      July 02, 2020, 07:15:37 PM
    • Protojae: RIP moparscape
      July 02, 2020, 03:01:32 PM
    • Protojae: obviously thiswebsite is dead as fudge
      July 02, 2020, 03:01:14 PM
    • ragnoroker: RuneGuild has just been released! 1 Hour old, Come join the fun - [link]
      June 26, 2020, 02:14:21 PM
    • ragnoroker: RuneGuild has just been released! 1 Hour old, Come join the fun - [link]
      June 26, 2020, 02:14:08 PM
      June 26, 2020, 02:14:00 PM
    • Fox2007: rune-nexus.com - FREE advertising, SEO optimized - no registration required
      June 26, 2020, 06:21:47 AM
    • Decimate Returns: trailer video posted for Project Decimate, Official Launch is in a few weeks! watch here: [youtube]LBorsdI-k1Y[/youtube]
      June 24, 2020, 07:18:03 PM
    • slayerpure: 1 week old rsps we need players and potential staff, customs and goku/vegeta sets play here!    [link] join our discord [link]
      June 24, 2020, 05:23:46 PM
    • Decimate Returns: Project Decimate is still in BETA: join our discord to keep up with the new content added: [link]
      June 24, 2020, 01:09:23 PM
    • Decimate Returns: Project Decimate is still in BETA: join our discord to keep up with the new content added: [link]
      June 24, 2020, 01:09:03 PM
    • dan v jad: PkOwnage OSRS Great server great community!  Join us on Discord! [link]  Download: [link]
      June 21, 2020, 09:23:28 AM
    • Lens: Sick Custom RSPS - CrystalPS. Join us on Discord. [link]
      June 20, 2020, 04:35:44 PM
    • Shady Aftermath: check out skyfire317.com gott 3 custom skills, afk zones
      June 19, 2020, 10:22:22 PM
    • Shady Aftermath: check out skyfire317.com gott 3 custom skills, afk zones
      June 19, 2020, 10:22:14 PM

Author Topic: Broken Server  (Read 13754 times)

OfflineMoparisthebest

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    Broken Server
    « on: July 22, 2016, 01:50:07 PM »
    It's been a LONG time now since Dr House started hosting the forums, and though he said he'd have these easy-to-fix issues sorted shortly, nothing has been done yet, why not?  And when can they be done?

• No email, this means no new users can register, and existing users that forget their passwords can no longer log in.  This is a major issue that will kill the community, and SHOULD have been set up before even transferring the forum.
    • No search on forum, this also kills a forum because no one can find interesting topics, you need to set up the sphinx search daemon or another alternative
    • No search on server status page, same issue as above
    • Broken links, the 'CHAT' link up top goes nowhere, set it to https://www.moparisthebest.com/irc/ instead, or host your own
    • Slow, probably due to windows, there are threads complaining about it
    • No details/communication, do you have automatic backups set up yet, or will everything done on here disappear one day with a hard drive failure?

Get to work please!!!! I sold you the forum with the promise of revitalization, not a quick death because you don't want to spend a few hours setting even the basics like email up properly....

edit:
    New owners appear to have abandoned the forum, so goodbye to moparscape.org and hello https://forum.moparisthebest.com/
    « Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 01:14:14 PM by Anonymous »
    forum.moparisthebest.com
    You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.
    Linux users, we do it in the open.
    Runescape Gambling

Offlinejustaguy

• View Profile
    Re: Broken Server
    « Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 01:54:47 PM »
    Doesn't help the web developer hasn't logged in since July 4th, as from what I've heard (take this with a grain of salt), he's been tending to other RSPS communities he works on.

This is indeed how to get the current community skeptical and pessimistic of new ownership (I'm looking at you, Dr. House).
    RIP

OfflineOllie123

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 02:02:07 PM »
    What's the point in pretending you give a shit?

Offlinesini

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 02:05:20 PM »
    I don't think you realize the people who bought the forums never had any real intentions of revitalizing them.

OfflineMoparisthebest

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 03:04:01 PM »
    I don't think you realize the people who bought the forums never had any real intentions of revitalizing them.

If that's the case, why purchase them?  And if it was *really* to just get the moparscape.org domain and to hell with the forums (which he specifically said this was not the case), then I'll just go back to hosting the forums on moparisthebest.com.
    forum.moparisthebest.com
    You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.
    Linux users, we do it in the open.

OfflineVain_

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 03:15:04 PM »

If that's the case, why purchase them?  And if it was *really* to just get the moparscape.org domain and to hell with the forums (which he specifically said this was not the case), then I'll just go back to hosting the forums on moparisthebest.com.
    I'd vote for this to be set up already so that those who choose to go back under your wing can do so-but if you do: please make it so that anyone who visits the site has to automatically change their password even if they're already logged in.

I'd rather talk to 1-2 people on mitb than wait 35 seconds for a page to load over here

Offlinesini

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 03:25:30 PM »

From my understanding it was to further a server they owned.

OfflineLothy

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 04:16:09 PM »
    I didn't realise so many things were broken. Looks like Dr House dun goofed.
    <&Speljohan_> i wouldnt want to live in a society where Mopman isnt monitored 24/7

OfflineVain_

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 04:26:33 PM »
    I'll just go back to hosting the forums on moparisthebest.com.
    Do it now. Think of it as selling the moparscape domain and giving away a copy of the forum. You'll still have the community and can continue making money from adsense.
    The new owner probably hasn't even changed the adsense stuff to his own anyway (hopefully) so you'll keep profiting.
    the community still backs you moparisthebest. rs is dying, so let mopar'scape' go. let's move back to the motherland and still have a board for rsps but lets also introduce more boards and redesign the community a bit to allow it to withstand another 10 years.

you just got a hefty amount of money in a deal which entitled dr house to the domain and all website content - which he has. so now set mitb back up, let dr house have the moparscape name, and use that 28k to get your 4 year old some fancy toys. :D

Offlinelare69

• View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 04:37:58 PM »
    yeah im all for bringing back MITB, things over here are just a mess at this point
    hi. check out luna:)

Offlinelurtz1230

• View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: July 22, 2016, 05:19:41 PM »
    All aboard the MITB train.

OfflineTravas

• View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: July 22, 2016, 06:27:25 PM »
    r1p
    Davidi2
    Cpu's are like pussy you'd rather have two but one will work

Offlineasshole_rule

• View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: July 22, 2016, 06:51:02 PM »
    new guys suck

i'm all on board with whatever u do mitb

edit:

wait what... 28k??????
    « Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 06:59:52 PM by asshole_rule »
    the strongest super saiyan on moparscape

I'd also like to say that rep abuse is an offense, and one member of this topic has had their rep locked due to it.

Offlinecleako

• View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: July 22, 2016, 06:54:37 PM »
    Yep. Shouldn't let it die because of their failures.

OfflineSoulcist

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: July 22, 2016, 07:03:04 PM »
    Yes, agreed with all of the above. I would come back under your wing as well. This is an absolute failure so far, and many years of content and what not will be laid to waste.

OfflineTabbyKiller

• View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: July 23, 2016, 01:37:05 AM »
    I'm a sentimental type of guy, and I liked how things were before when MITB was in charge. Even if he hadn't been involved with the community since MoparCraft. Seeing the forums go back up on moparisthebest.com would be great.

OfflineScully

• View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: July 23, 2016, 03:28:44 AM »
    I'd hate to see Mopar die because of the new owners not caring. I've been on this forum and preferred it over my other options for years, even after the decline in user base post 2012. You should do whatever you think is best for the community.

OfflineTom

• hi
    • Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: July 23, 2016, 05:53:12 AM »
    I've dealt with 10 or so requests to sort emails out for users, if you're having any account troubles then just contact me on the IRC. If I'm not there leave a message with someone. I quietly switched registrations to admin approval a little while back and I've been keeping everything running smoothly since, but this is something that needs fixing. I've spoken to Apache regarding inactivity, as far as I've been told Dr House took a vacation but I do believe he should be back now (?).

The rest of the problems they've been aware about for quite a period of time, but I'm unable to get any updates.

Offlinesini

• View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: July 23, 2016, 05:58:40 AM »
    I'm laughing a little cause I really wish MITB just left Tom to run everything, or Taharok. Taharok actually talked to me about putting in a counter offer. These guys haven't proven since they started that they're capable of running a lemonade stand let alone this community.
    « Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 06:05:32 AM by sini »

OfflinePure_

• View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: July 23, 2016, 06:18:47 AM »
    tom needs root access because all mitb does is post one of these stupid threads once a year
    i won the forum

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.