Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • Will Tait: Check out this 2012 runescape video i did [link]
      July 18, 2019, 10:21:33 PM
    • Will Tait: Sorry to spam but
      July 18, 2019, 10:21:31 PM
    • hodford: generic-x . c0m is the best
      July 18, 2019, 02:32:34 AM
    • Cole1497: this shout box is diarrhetic
      July 15, 2019, 04:53:27 PM
    • PavSwag: autoscape,0rg free ultra M box today (twisted bow??)
      July 13, 2019, 04:54:43 PM
      July 13, 2019, 04:34:05 PM
    • rune-list:[link] RuneScape Private Servers List & Community.
      July 12, 2019, 12:25:23 AM
    • ragnoroker: Join PoonScape today! amazing new server - growing fast! [link]
      July 11, 2019, 10:31:15 AM
    • ragnoroker: Join PoonScape today! amazing new server - growing fast! [link]
      July 11, 2019, 10:31:11 AM
      July 10, 2019, 05:27:05 AM
      July 10, 2019, 05:10:40 AM
      July 10, 2019, 04:43:07 AM
    • ArtexAdv: Artex-rsps,com [link] (BRAND NEW SERVER)
      July 08, 2019, 07:59:48 PM
    • ArtexAdv:[link] (BRAND NEW SERVER)
      July 08, 2019, 07:59:31 PM
      July 08, 2019, 07:03:33 PM
      July 08, 2019, 07:03:16 PM
      July 08, 2019, 06:59:50 PM
    • dan v jad: guys join PkOwnage today!! Great new server, raids, eco, PK! Discord [link] homepage [link]
      July 07, 2019, 10:59:48 AM
    • ragnoroker: Join PoonScape today! amazing new server - growing fast! - [link]
      July 07, 2019, 08:19:24 AM
    • ragnoroker: Join PoonScape today! amazing new server - growing fast! - [link]
      July 07, 2019, 08:19:04 AM

Author Topic: The continual decline of activity felt throughout the forum, what do you do?  (Read 24962 times)

OfflineDavidi2

• View Profile
    Yeah a league private server makes no sense honestly, one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game is the diversity experienced throughout a full match. I don't see why you'd want to change the strategy or gameplay at all

S a n d b o x

SO many teams would use that shit if there was an official sandbox.
    Considering they are paid by riot and riot would probably not allow the use of it, I dont think they would take the risk
    Runescape Gambling

OfflinePure_

• View Profile
    I like the IRC chatbox idea as long as it directs them to #moparscape
    I agree

Yeah a league private server makes no sense honestly, one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game is the diversity experienced throughout a full match. I don't see why you'd want to change the strategy or gameplay at all

S a n d b o x

perhaps a valid point, but cheating would surely be easier than implementing 100s of skills and champions
    i won the forum
    Runescape Gambling

OfflineRuby

• View Profile
    I don't really care but tree's thing about exclusivity intrigues me
    Shreddology.

Toms guilty pleasure: http://i.imgur.com/bmWqw7v.png
    Runescape Gambling

OfflinetL

• I like turtles
      • View Profile
    lets make #mopar invite only
    [06:25:46]  _^_:   tL what i object to
    [06:25:59]  _^_:   is the great skill with which you transform any discussion in which you are present
    [06:26:07]  _^_:   into a debate over implications of sodomy

OfflineEyeownyew

• View Profile

S a n d b o x

First, stop spelling shit out, it's really annoying
    Second, so you'd make a sandbox just for professionals? Dedicate thousands if not tens of thousands of work toward letting a few people play in a testing environment? Hell no, it's not worth the time. Not even close

OfflineDavidi2

• View Profile

S a n d b o x

Second, so you'd make a sandbox just for professionals? Dedicate thousands if not tens of thousands of work toward letting a few people play in a testing environment? Hell no, it's not worth the time. Not even close
    s a l t y

and no, he didn't say "just for professionals" at all...

Offlinesini

• View Profile

S a n d b o x

Shut up kid. I don't understand what your dysfunction is lately but you should fix it. Your attitude needs adjustment. It's just a suggestion.

OfflineEyeownyew

• View Profile
    Regardless of your irritation, the point still stands. It makes no sense to dedicate so much time for such limited possibilities in userbase. If you attempted to monetize whatsoever, or even possibly when just doing it for entertainment, riot would shut it down in a heartbeat. It would also be far too much work for such a small (or nonexistent) reward.

OfflinePure_

• View Profile
    Regardless of your irritation, the point still stands. It makes no sense to dedicate so much time for such limited possibilities in userbase. If you attempted to monetize whatsoever, or even possibly when just doing it for entertainment, riot would shut it down in a heartbeat. It would also be far too much work for such a small (or nonexistent) reward.
    our reward is traffic not a playerbase
    i won the forum

Offlinet4

• View Profile
    lets make #mopar invite only
    we're planning on ssl only at the very least

OfflineEyeownyew

• View Profile
    No I mean there isn't a playerbase for a private server/sandbox mode == there isn't any traffic to be gained from such an undertaking

OfflinePure_

• View Profile
    No I mean there isn't a playerbase for a private server/sandbox mode == there isn't any traffic to be gained from such an undertaking
    banned users
    people who dont want to grind to lv30
    people who dont want to spend rp
    tighter less toxic personal communities
    etc
    i won the forum

OfflineEyeownyew

• View Profile
    banned users
    people who dont want to grind to lv30
    people who dont want to spend rp
    tighter less toxic personal communities
    etc
    I just feel like there'd be far too high of a risk and investment in time for the arguably small reward. I don't think much traffic would be generated whatsoever, personally. If it were a complete replication of league, you'd be spending absurd amounts of time even in comparison to the best private servers. I'd estimate hundreds of times more time invested in a league of legends server, it would not be easy at all to create. I also don't think it could go unchallenged by riot for long at all. They'd catch wind of it very quickly, and it would not be possible to claim lack of involvement if it were a community project. Arguably, a recreation of the server would also be their intellectual property, so even if no client was hosted on-site they could still press charges.

OfflineRodgerwilco

• View Profile
    How about just letting it be. Cleanup spam and remove the shit. Remove every account that has never posted before or that have only 1 post. Clean up the boards and let it flow. Moparscape will stick around, you just have to stick it out.
    RSC Update: JMods still lack interest. Lots and lots of debating.
    Another Update: Jagex still doesn't a fk. GG Community

Offlinearham 4

• View Profile
    Remove every account that has never posted before or that have only 1 post.
    uh
    lolol remember when mopar was a thing

OfflinePure_

• View Profile
    Remove every account that has never posted before or that have only 1 post.
    uh
    i doubt any of them even remember their passwords/signup email/signup emails password/this place exists/actually log in/etc etc etc
    no reason not to and frees up a lot of accounts
    on the contrary makes the forum look more empty than before
    i won the forum

Offlinet4

• View Profile
    How about just letting it be. Cleanup spam and remove the shit. Remove every account that has never posted before or that have only 1 post. Clean up the boards and let it flow. Moparscape will stick around, you just have to stick it out.
    what if i want to stick it in? you got a problem with that?

OfflineRash

• View Profile
    This is directed at everyone who is saying how R-S is subpar quality because of who uses the forum let's be honest:

It's A lot more active than here.

When I first joined the rsps scene I came straight to Mopar and didn't even consider leaving. I was banned (over a misunderstanding) and it took me almost 2 years to get unbanned. During that period I joined R-S and haven't really ever considered pushing myself to become an active user of this forum again for the simple reason:

There are too many fudgeing elitists here

Granted, this is sort of the birthplace of our entire community, and a lot of members here have contributed to the development of the scene in major ways but just look back at the last five years of development within the community as a whole. Almost none of it has come from Mopar. As Sin said in one of the first pages R-S is a lot more user friendly (granted, it has the elitists but not to the level that they have here). There is a lot more forum and user interaction over there.

I feel that this forum has become a site for old members to sand over the new ones and tell them what they did, and who they are when the new members honestly just want to try and make a game/be a part of our community.

It's sad because I remember this site being so welcoming when I first joined and I just feel that we have veered of course.

In regards to what can be done to push forum activity up there have been numerous ideas that would work great. Mincraft, an Official server (yeah lol.).

We need something to bring us together as a community, to erase the division that is currently driving us into the darkness of a dead forum
    Respect: Clawz FurySaphire'I Vain IUncalledOrcasharkLoveandPower

R-S Moderator & Designer

Offlinetyb97

• View Profile
    Tell us something we don't know.
    what if i want to stick it in? you got a problem with that?

OfflineJustin Bieber

• View Profile
    In regards to what can be done to push forum activity up there have been numerous ideas that would work great. Mincraft, an Official server (yeah lol.).
    The main problem with minecraft (at least the ones I played) was that hardly any of the staff even played it, and when they did get involved they made stupid decisions that they were in no position to make.

oh someone has destroyed your entire village and is hacking and spawn killing you? better get uploading about 400 screenshots of bb logs kid.. and then maybe we'll come online in a few days and then ban them for a week.

a bit of friendly rivalry between two groups of people? BETTER START HANDING OUT PERM BANS

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.