Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • Striker Fox2: Much more on General Board
      Today at 04:30:25 AM
    • Striker Fox2: New price guide link [link]
      Today at 04:30:18 AM
    • Striker Fox2: New discord link [link]
      Today at 04:30:03 AM
    • Saltyspade10: If you are new and reading this, stick around becaus it's a great server and community! Hope to see you in-game :)
      Today at 02:44:16 AM
    • damian6: hello i wanne buy this server can u add me
      October 20, 2017, 03:54:38 PM
    • Wilkooo: lol jks
      October 20, 2017, 02:39:53 PM
    • Wilkooo: ilyall
      October 20, 2017, 02:39:48 PM
    • tm4dz: why cant i see any download links??
      October 20, 2017, 10:46:55 AM
    • stCky: u dont need to its fudgeing sick
      October 19, 2017, 08:13:13 PM
    • odin stormborn: how do i change my username
      October 19, 2017, 12:16:51 PM
    • qazplm102938: everyone play manicps its best server out there loads to do its badboyyyy - manicps manicps shout out kiteshield
      October 19, 2017, 10:28:21 AM
    • qazplm102938: everyone play manicps its best server out there loads to do its badboyyyy - manicps manicps
      October 19, 2017, 10:11:08 AM
    • Travas: wtf
      October 19, 2017, 07:37:52 AM
    • stCky: Adaro, you are a threat to the communities image, yes
      October 18, 2017, 02:53:43 PM
    • Krackkid: Hello everyone it is I, Krackkid.
      October 18, 2017, 07:21:56 AM
    • soma_: Does anyone have an updated link to a blank Source / Client? 317/508
      October 18, 2017, 04:57:44 AM
    • michaeltrailer: olm t pst
      October 18, 2017, 04:52:48 AM
    • Adaro: Strange that staff think I'm a threat when I'm not threatening anyone
      October 18, 2017, 03:07:16 AM
    • Adaro: My Skype is: Mod Adaro
      October 18, 2017, 02:47:02 AM
    • Adaro: Make sure to PM me if you need help on Moparscape. I can answer any questions.
      October 18, 2017, 02:46:48 AM

Author Topic: The continual decline of activity felt throughout the forum, what do you do?  (Read 16492 times)

OfflineJustin Bieber

• View Profile
    Just kill it already.
    r u the guy who sells k on the streets of manchester?

OfflineD3i7y

• View Profile
    Sadly runescape is slowly dying so new faces are coming less often to rsps. Before they came to rsps mainly because of free members items and leveling was much easier. This is why i started originally in early 2008 after a long struggle from 2 years at runescape so we need new ways to attract new faces simply allowing members items, easy leveling and custom items. we are still replicating the originally runescape why not make something unique as someone else said their was a runescape FPS awhile ago we also had zombie scape these ideas where great ways to create new ways to play runescape. We went from many good things but still came back to 317 ish servers.

czar / sliabsoft / delta / rs2e / rs2d / emulous craze. then project insanity came around  then we had graham that was working with others on Shard Rev, hyperion

We went threw Hellz end was one of my first private servers i ever played long ago it was something different drug scape was interesting as well the pot smoking was funny i believe it was at pest control if i remember right. All of these have little innovation even if they where fun it made new faces show up. we need something that even amatuar programmers could help work on feeling like you are doing something to help the community and help create something that will be remembered for years. aka delta people still talk about it not in a good way but a memory is a memory.

does anyone remember kyle bot msn messenger bot? i think from r-s? not sure anyways

I'm not sure how much sense i have went and got a bit emotional my piss poor childhood was based around runescape & rsps. It's very sad but it's better than doing drugs i guess. anyways... these are my thoughts.
    « Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 10:55:34 AM by D3i7y »
    once very lonely and broken two souls pulled together to fix our broken hearts. Erica&Allen :)

Offlinelare69

• View Profile
    im so tired of hearing the "well RS is dying so rsps is too" excuse because that simply isn't true

sites like rune-server are doing just fine. stop beating around the bush. do you know why sites like rune-server have more active people? i hate to say this but its a lot more modern (just in the way its designed and the way it looks) and things actually get done over there

i mean shit, look how long we've been asking for a "thanks" system? i understand that it's because MITB and other people who watch over the site don't have the time, but if it's that bad why not offer pay for people to work on the site?

i love this place, its filled with memories of my progression and growing up. but it hasn't changed at all. and that's the problem. it seems like a lot of the (mainly older) members here don't want anything to change. the less change, the less interesting its going to seem for new members, the less activity we have
    hi. check out luna:)

OfflineFrell

• View Profile

sites like rune-server are doing just fine.

define fine

progress or activity

Offlinesini

• View Profile
    im so tired of hearing the "well RS is dying so rsps is too" excuse because that simply isn't true

sites like rune-server are doing just fine. stop beating around the bush. do you know why sites like rune-server have more active people? i hate to say this but its a lot more modern (just in the way its designed and the way it looks) and things actually get done over there

i mean shit, look how long we've been asking for a "thanks" system? i understand that it's because MITB and other people who watch over the site don't have the time, but if it's that bad why not offer pay for people to work on the site?

i love this place, its filled with memories of my progression and growing up. but it hasn't changed at all. and that's the problem. it seems like a lot of the (mainly older) members here don't want anything to change. the less change, the less interesting its going to seem for new members, the less activity we have

It's also filled with idiots, terrible administration that is more interested in getting donation money, biased moderators, covered in banner ads head to toe. I'm generally happy with happy Moparscape is ran. Moderators tend to mind their business on topics and don't reach out to try and give this impression of superiority that seems to have no ending boundaries. And if they DO respond, they respond in a manner I'd expect a leader to, with empathy and a confident approach.
    « Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 10:15:38 PM by sini »

Offlinejustaguy

• View Profile
    « Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 11:57:35 PM by justaguy »
    RIP

Offlinesini

• View Profile
    anthony, I gotta ask since I assume its you why do you hang out here more?

Offlinejustaguy

• View Profile

I've always been an active member here... even before my registration date. ;)
    RIP

OfflineRuby

• View Profile
    Is RL even still a place that you guys post? I know you two were pretty high on Africanliki's list for a while
    Shreddology.

Toms guilty pleasure: http://i.imgur.com/bmWqw7v.png

Offlinesini

• View Profile
    No. Its a long story. Funnily enough I'm seeing a lot of registrations on the official server from google members. Maybe they'll come back, hue.

Offlinelare69

• View Profile
    define fine

progress or activity
    activity

It's also filled with idiots, terrible administration that is more interested in getting donation money, biased moderators, covered in banner ads head to toe. I'm generally happy with happy Moparscape is ran. Moderators tend to mind their business on topics and don't reach out to try and give this impression of superiority that seems to have no ending boundaries. And if they DO respond, they respond in a manner I'd expect a leader to, with empathy and a confident approach.
    i agree, the moderators and people here are great. i wasn't trying to say otherwise

Offlinedrubrkletern

• Absolute Legend
      • View Profile

It's also filled with idiots, terrible administration that is more interested in getting donation money, biased moderators, covered in banner ads head to toe.
    its like one giant pi server loading 600+
    "Moparscape is the oldest Runescape private server community. We have been active since 2007.

- Mitb, Founder"
    ez   infraction king

OfflineCres

• View Profile
    start making some non-generic servers and come up with something r-s doesn't have yet.

we have nothing to attract either new members or known members in the rsps community, we barely have anything to keep people here once they do decide to sign up (aside from downloads and server help section) and the discussion boards for the older members

also, official server devs should hurry and get something playable hosted
    And I can find myself alone with just my thoughts
    As time crumbles away

Avenged Sevenfold - Darkness Sourrounding

Offlinesini

• View Profile
    start making some non-generic servers and come up with something r-s doesn't have yet.

we have nothing to attract either new members or known members in the rsps community, we barely have anything to keep people here once they do decide to sign up (aside from downloads and server help section) and the discussion boards for the older members

also, official server devs should hurry and get something playable hosted

Sadly its just me. And Zuppers helps, Tom pays the bills (glory be to tom who artith in britinith).

OfflineChassy13

• R.I.P. Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan.
      • View Profile
    Sadly its just me. And Zuppers helps, Tom pays the bills (glory be to tom who artith in britinith).

I am sure there are numerous members here that would love to help but either do not know the structure well enough or are intimidated by making commits for fear of rejection. More than likely poorly-written code would be rejected in a manner much less friendly compared to something like a code review in a company.

Until a very clear base is written on how to develop content that's likely not going to change. Maybe when skills or NPCs have a strong base, more people will try to pick up and develop it. You're doing work on the server right now that a lot of people have never had experience with and have no clue what to do or how to do it correctly.

There's obviously interest in the official server but not from numerous strong developers. If the project can be opened up to weaker developers eventually, development will increase much faster, with the strong developers mentoring the weaker ones. If this ends up being a community-driven project then negativity without constructive criticism will kill it for sure.
    I'm far more mature than to steal a notebook

OfflineJustin Bieber

• View Profile

I am sure there are numerous members here that would love to help but either do not know the structure well enough or are intimidated by making commits for fear of rejection. More than likely poorly-written code would be rejected in a manner much less friendly compared to something like a code review in a company.

Until a very clear base is written on how to develop content that's likely not going to change. Maybe when skills or NPCs have a strong base, more people will try to pick up and develop it. You're doing work on the server right now that a lot of people have never had experience with and have no clue what to do or how to do it correctly.

There's obviously interest in the official server but not from numerous strong developers. If the project can be opened up to weaker developers eventually, development will increase much faster, with the strong developers mentoring the weaker ones. If this ends up being a community-driven project then negativity without constructive criticism will kill it for sure.
    Well contributions are definitely not going to happen on an ad-hoc basis. Nobody's going to crack open a github repo and start coding up npc loading, regardless of their skillset.

So we could form a team, but how's that going to work? Is sini going to have to teach a group of 12 year olds java? How will everyone communicate? What happens when someone is working on a feature but doesn't commit for days and then just gets bored and leaves? What happens when we realise everyone has a completely different coding style, and because of their varying levels of experience we're eventually left with a pile of shit? I'm not trying to be negative, but running an efficient team is hard enough as it is with experienced devs and without the internet between them.

Imo it's a million times easier and more productive to just let a couple of guys get on with it. If anyone wants to help out then they're perfectly capable of asking, but I think trying to coerce the wider community into contributing is just asking for a world of pain.

Offlinesini

• View Profile
    I don't expect people to help. I rather people wait to help until I figure everything out. I don't mean for that to be a cry for people to come help, or something passive aggressive but it's true. That's how it was years ago, that's how its been the past month. There are really unsung heros who do help out, for example Silab, who try and find vulnerabilities and that's awesome. But if I had to mentor someone into doing some systems that I don't really have a good grasp of design on then we'd be heading for trouble in the long run. Now it'd be helpful if people studied in game RS behaviors like I had to because that is actually very useful and gave me reports. That'd save a lot of my time. Because as hard as I'm trying to emulate RS obviously I have to guess and there isn't really good documentation on what I'd call the 'rules' of RS besides whats apparent. Such as the fact that there really aren't any path finding calculations done server sided besides one for checking if a route is valid, and trying to route to a mobile entity by just walking as the crow would fly. Things like that. Don't even get me started on scripts. There are SO many that may do more than we think. Let along if someone could just try and brute force some of the interface name hashes (yes I know collisions are bad) that'd help too. I don't know C very well, so writing a program like that would take longer than I would want. So things like that, if people just asked, they're not directly related to say writing content but they are critical in my understanding of developing systems for the server. Some of the tasks are more advanced than I can handle, if you're up for a challenge. Such as the script decompiler I need and am working on. Which that just boils down to I dont really fudgeing understand how to turn a CFG to a statement list, well I guess how to identify certain control flow such as if-if else-else, and while - end. But if people know how I can give you my research and what I finished so far!

Just communicate with me things like this on IRC. I can find a niche for people or we can just talk about how you would like to see content written or we can collaborate on a specific piece of content. I will go out of my way to finish the systems for that content, no joke.

Offlines1gma

• View Profile
    i only come here bcuz everywhere else ip banned me for being a cretin - no joke

i need a new game to pretend to hack and pretend to be smart so i can exert my will on teenagers

maybe then  i wont be so lonely

shellder

Offlinelare69

• View Profile
    maybe then  i wont be so lonely
    ill be ur friend

Offline(Anthony)

• View Profile

cause i would miss you

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.