Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • iddsyou: great RSPS! [link]  Join us on Discord! [link]  Download: [link]
      October 04, 2020, 03:52:32 AM
      October 04, 2020, 03:51:57 AM
      October 04, 2020, 03:51:56 AM
      October 04, 2020, 03:51:51 AM
    • ragnoroker: Zalcano - Releasing in 4 hours! - Perfect OSRS server - Discord:[link] Website: [link]
      September 18, 2020, 01:00:43 PM
    • ragnoroker: Zalcano - Releasing in 4 hours! - Perfect OSRS server - Discord:[link] Website: [link]
      September 18, 2020, 01:00:38 PM
      September 18, 2020, 01:00:33 PM
    • abtekk: BlazeScape - RSPS Reimagining of 2007! - Launch Tomorrow > www. blazescape .net
      September 18, 2020, 08:10:09 AM
    • no1toldme2: Killerville
      September 07, 2020, 05:18:36 PM
    • Shady Aftermath: Best DreamScape Remake, 2500 Customs! Free Donator!  www. fire-ps .com
      August 28, 2020, 11:53:20 PM
    • Shady Aftermath: FirePS is the best DreamScape Remake www. fire-ps .com
      August 28, 2020, 11:53:05 PM
    • Shady Aftermath: Try FirePS Best Dreamscape remake [link]
      August 28, 2020, 11:52:40 PM
    • Shady Aftermath: Best DreamScape Remake, 2500 Customs! Free Donator! [link]
      August 28, 2020, 11:52:27 PM
      August 28, 2020, 11:52:24 PM
      August 28, 2020, 11:52:21 PM
      August 28, 2020, 11:52:18 PM
      August 28, 2020, 11:52:15 PM
      August 28, 2020, 11:52:11 PM
    • Fridder:[link]
      August 19, 2020, 06:17:40 PM
    • tasting scim: feel free to msg me if u know something :D
      August 13, 2020, 03:03:03 PM

Author Topic: The Bible [Thoughts and Perspectives]  (Read 24384 times)

OfflineSourGraphics

• First Time Poster
      • View Profile
    Re: The Bible [Thoughts and Perspectives]
    « Reply #180 on: August 01, 2015, 01:46:01 PM »
    If a non-believer is right >> dies >> nothing happens
    If a non-believer is wrong >> dies >> suffers pain eternally
    If a believer is right >> dies >> lives paradise eternally
    If a believer is wrong >> dies >> nothing happens, nothing lost

EVERY single soul of the eight billion have heard of Jesus Christ - their opportunity. Christians are not people who are 'brainwashed'.  THEY make the choice, after studying the bible, come to a conclusion, if the bible is their guide to life.
    steam: sourgfx [csgo] (if anyone is nova 3 - master add me)
    Runescape Gambling

OfflineBowser jr

• View Profile
    « Reply #181 on: August 01, 2015, 07:16:51 PM »

EVERY single soul of the eight billion have heard of Jesus Christ - their opportunity. Christians are not people who are 'brainwashed'.  THEY make the choice, after studying the bible, come to a conclusion, if the bible is their guide to life.
    The real God only burns Christian in hell and give the rest ethernal life >> Paradise for us heathens.

Offlinesiege engine

• View Profile
    « Reply #182 on: August 01, 2015, 09:20:34 PM »
    To me a church offers a home you are always welcomed. I would recommend getting involved with a church even just to meet new friends  ;)

OfflineSvitkona

• View Profile
    « Reply #183 on: August 03, 2015, 07:06:44 AM »

Pascal's wager is a bad argument for Christianity. First of all, the argument only makes sense if you consider that the probability of god existing is 50%; however, it is important to realise that we are talking only about the Christian god here. Once you factor in other worshippable gods it quickly becomes apparent that the odds of you accidentally worshipping the wrong god are actually much higher than picking the right one. Also, the wager permits for only one concurrent god. What if this isn't true? What if by choosing to worship one 'correct' god you inadvertently offend another 'correct' god, leading yourself to damnation anyway?

Let's go back to the core of the argument. Pascal's wager assumes that a soul and an afterlife exist. However, we have seen no evidence supporting such a claim. Why then should we act as if they do? The wager also has some moral problems. It encourages people who do not actually believe in god to "fake it until they make it". This raises a few questions: assuming god is real, is he able to distinguish between this 'faking' of belief? Furthermore, is he indifferent to it or would he punish souls who don't truly believe in him? Would god be willing to accept someone who worshipped him purely to avoid hell?

Ironically, if you wanted to accept Pascal's wager then you would actually be better off worshipping a god that does not require exclusive worship because that would raise your chances of worshipping the right god.
    I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad...

OfflinePaulT

• View Profile
    « Reply #184 on: August 04, 2015, 10:25:59 PM »
    back then life was so shitty that if people knew there wasn't anything stopping them from going apeshit they would and the kings wouldn't be living the high life anymore

so they created a deity to answer questions about life and promote good morals

The old testament was written from roughly 2600BC to 0BC. It contains, in Leviticus, a complete explanation of the procedure of the priests and the rituals of the covenant. God was distant, formal, and exacting. In the new testament, God appears as a man, not a cloud of fire. He is a personal, friendly, loving God, compared to the justice-dispensing holocaust making God of the OT. So thematically, it's not about morals or social control, it's about humanities relation to the divine, or supernatural. And this relationship itself is reflected by Politics.

The Romans had a God for everything. And they found analogues of their Gods in every culture they conquered. So just as their politics were tolerance and assimilation, their spirituality was. Christianity represented the cult of the individual. It could not be assimilated, so it devoured the roman empire from the inside out.

The bible is revolutionary, if you read it right.

OfflineEcoPS GM

• View Profile
    « Reply #185 on: August 08, 2015, 11:04:27 PM »
    PaulT, I've read your replies to these topics, and reread them again. Are you an actual Christian, or just a follower of the principle it portrays?

OfflinePaulT

• View Profile
    « Reply #186 on: August 09, 2015, 05:40:01 PM »
    Actual Christian.

Offlinem1lkman

• View Profile
    « Reply #187 on: August 09, 2015, 06:08:42 PM »
    Actual Christian.

What makes you as an Christian?

Do you view Christianity as a religion or faith?

OfflineRiiPiiNFtW

• View Profile
    « Reply #188 on: October 24, 2015, 02:36:40 PM »
    "Better to live and not know, then to know and not live."

I came up with this quote a few weeks ago. Since I moved out on my own I have been going through a mental epiphany. I've realized at a deep and philosophical level that the reason I am an Athiest is not for myself, but for all humanity. While there are personal reasons influencing my opinions and decisions, I remind myself that while Christianity stands for living a life for another life, I can live my life to better the life of myself and the lives of others I live around. I live an objective life where I question everything and I take everything into consideration. Though without valid proof, I see no point in even considering some possibilities.

I don't expect anything in return for the good deeds I do. I am a public servant, I work for the federal government. I clean bathrooms and take out trash for a living. I do it all with a smile too and there is never a negative word that comes out of my mouth while I am doing my job. I love my job, I get to meet new people and learn new things. Though, some may see being a janitor pretty lame, to me it is a job that I can do and I can do well until I move into smoke jumping and school.

I do good things not expecting good things in return. I surround myself with positive people from my generation and possibly from others who I know are intelligent people who live their life for others and themselves, not for something in the sky who demands worship.

I live life to discover and make the world a better place, not to repress opposite opinions and keep the world in the 100's.

This song by Nothing More is almost 100% accurate with christianity in America.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 02:40:37 PM by RiiPiiNFtW »

Offlinemopmans little slave

• Absolute twat
      • View Profile
    « Reply #189 on: October 24, 2015, 03:59:19 PM »

I came up with this quote a few weeks ago. Since I moved out on my own I have been going through a mental epiphany. I've realized at a deep and philosophical level that the reason I am an Athiest is not for myself, but for all humanity. While there are personal reasons influencing my opinions and decisions, I remind myself that while Christianity stands for living a life for another life, I can live my life to better the life of myself and the lives of others I live around. I live an objective life where I question everything and I take everything into consideration. Though without valid proof, I see no point in even considering some possibilities.

I don't expect anything in return for the good deeds I do. I am a public servant, I work for the federal government. I clean bathrooms and take out trash for a living. I do it all with a smile too and there is never a negative word that comes out of my mouth while I am doing my job. I love my job, I get to meet new people and learn new things. Though, some may see being a janitor pretty lame, to me it is a job that I can do and I can do well until I move into smoke jumping and school.

I do good things not expecting good things in return. I surround myself with positive people from my generation and possibly from others who I know are intelligent people who live their life for others and themselves, not for something in the sky who demands worship.

I live life to discover and make the world a better place, not to repress opposite opinions and keep the world in the 100's.

C R I N G E
    R
    I
    N
    G
    E
    adoration of the magi

OfflineRiiPiiNFtW

• View Profile
    « Reply #190 on: October 24, 2015, 05:44:33 PM »

C R I N G E
    R
    I
    N
    G
    E

ok

Offlinex Albi x

• View Profile
    « Reply #191 on: May 11, 2016, 02:00:16 PM »
    The only thing I think about the bible

Offlinedrubrkletern

• Absolute Legend
      • View Profile
    « Reply #192 on: May 11, 2016, 02:00:51 PM »
    aloha snackbar
    "Moparscape is the oldest Runescape private server community. We have been active since 2007.

- Mitb, Founder"
    ez   infraction king

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.