Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • Kozs: I'm 23 years old now in 2020, oh have I grown up and Moparscape still has a spot in me heart
      October 25, 2020, 04:20:01 PM
    • Kozs: Love you moparscape, joined here in 2011
      October 25, 2020, 04:19:36 PM
    • iddsyou: great RSPS! [link]  Join us on Discord! [link]  Download: [link]
      October 04, 2020, 03:52:32 AM
      October 04, 2020, 03:51:57 AM
      October 04, 2020, 03:51:56 AM
      October 04, 2020, 03:51:51 AM
    • ragnoroker: Zalcano - Releasing in 4 hours! - Perfect OSRS server - Discord:[link] Website: [link]
      September 18, 2020, 01:00:43 PM
    • ragnoroker: Zalcano - Releasing in 4 hours! - Perfect OSRS server - Discord:[link] Website: [link]
      September 18, 2020, 01:00:38 PM
      September 18, 2020, 01:00:33 PM
    • abtekk: BlazeScape - RSPS Reimagining of 2007! - Launch Tomorrow > www. blazescape .net
      September 18, 2020, 08:10:09 AM
    • no1toldme2: Killerville
      September 07, 2020, 05:18:36 PM
    • Shady Aftermath: Best DreamScape Remake, 2500 Customs! Free Donator!  www. fire-ps .com
      August 28, 2020, 11:53:20 PM
    • Shady Aftermath: FirePS is the best DreamScape Remake www. fire-ps .com
      August 28, 2020, 11:53:05 PM
    • Shady Aftermath: Try FirePS Best Dreamscape remake [link]
      August 28, 2020, 11:52:40 PM
    • Shady Aftermath: Best DreamScape Remake, 2500 Customs! Free Donator! [link]
      August 28, 2020, 11:52:27 PM
      August 28, 2020, 11:52:24 PM
      August 28, 2020, 11:52:21 PM
      August 28, 2020, 11:52:18 PM
      August 28, 2020, 11:52:15 PM
      August 28, 2020, 11:52:11 PM

Poll

I am voting for...

Donald Trump.
    Hillary Clinton.
    Bernie Sanders.
    Third Party.
    Not voting.

Author Topic: General Election: Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders?  (Read 5439 times)

OfflineDharma

• View Profile
    and WHY. Make sure to back up your position with reliable sources, such as a direct quote. Stay away from tabloids such as Huffington Post and others.

Just curious about what you guys think. Stay civil.
    Trump 2016
    Runescape Gambling

OfflineDavidi2

• View Profile
    Clinton would be awful. Liar, manipulator, power-hungry. Really don't feel the need to find sources, they are all over recently.

Trump would be awful. Has no idea what he's talking about any of the time, he says whatever is on his mind, which is usually completely irrelevant and means nothing. Has backed out of every proposal he's made (sanders debate, "tax proposal", etc). His campaign is fun and patriotic, which gets people into it. He is completely incompetent.

Sanders might be okay. He at least knows what he's talking about and is honest. I'm not quite as liberal as he is, but the president can't pass laws against the will of the majority, so I don't think anyone should be too worried about "sanders making america communist" or anything.

All in all, this election season has been a shit show and with the current way things are panning out I probably just wont vote.
    « Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 08:38:36 PM by Davidi2 »

Offlinejme

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    The U.S. campaigns are way too long and expensive. Everyone is brainwashed into thinking only the Democrats and Republicans are the choices. And it's all designed this way on purpose.

Clinton is basically the status quo, but probably worse. I'm not convinced Trump is anti-republican establishment, as they would want you to believe. They will fund his campaign to beat Clinton with $1 billion dollars. In return he changed his stances such as wanting to appoint pro-life judges to stop abortion. He doesn't care about climate change and he's probably anti-science. Just a typical republican in my eyes.

The USA is a huge machine and you wont get any change unless you vote for 3rd party. They need easier and cheaper access to ballots in all states and inclusion in the final debates. The world and technology is changing fast and governments can no longer handle the issues of today. We need to truely redesign everything to work for the people and get rid of the career politicians who are influenced only by lobbying.

OfflineDavidi2

• View Profile
    The U.S. campaigns are way too long and expensive. Everyone is brainwashed into thinking only the Democrats and Republicans are the choices. And it's all designed this way on purpose.

Clinton is basically the status quo, but probably worse. I'm not convinced Trump is anti-republican establishment, as they would want you to believe. They will fund his campaign to beat Clinton with $1 billion dollars. In return he changed his stances such as wanting to appoint pro-life judges to stop abortion. He doesn't care about climate change and he's probably anti-science. Just a typical republican in my eyes.

The USA is a huge machine and you wont get any change unless you vote for 3rd party. They need easier and cheaper access to ballots in all states and inclusion in the final debates. The world and technology is changing fast and governments can no longer handle the issues of today. We need to truely redesign everything to work for the people and get rid of the career politicians who are influenced only by lobbying.
    voting third party wont make a change, it will just help the people you disagree with more. it's just a problem with first past the post voting system that it always ends up with two viable parties (quite a few good videos about it this election cycle; ex: )

Once a "third party" actually gets enough votes to win the election, you start over with the "dead" party becoming the new "third party"
    « Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 09:11:13 PM by Davidi2 »

Offlinejme

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    You are right it's a problem with FPTP. But what about all the people who disagree with both parties/leaders. If there was a viral grassroots movement, it wouldn't be a waste at all.

Also I should mention I'm Canadian so it's not like my opinions are welcome there. But its interesting to note we just elected the party in 3rd place, through the FPTP system and one of their promises is electoral reform now.

Remember the key is inclusion in the debates and ballots.

OfflineGiselle

• View Profile
    You are right it's a problem with FPTP. But what about all the people who disagree with both parties/leaders. If there was a viral grassroots movement, it wouldn't be a waste at all.

Also I should mention I'm Canadian so it's not like my opinions are welcome there. But its interesting to note we just elected the party in 3rd place, through the FPTP system and one of their promises is electoral reform now.

Remember the key is inclusion in the debates and ballots.

I wouldn't say your opinion isn't unwelcome. Everyone can have one.

Anyways... I vote Bernie because, as was stated, he is honest. And I am that liberal.  :P

Not to mention that the only other two real options are... Well. Uhm. No.

OfflineRuneAgent

• wololo
      • View Profile
      • MITB FORUMS
    unu suggests it will be hillary clinton  http://unu.ai/

Offlinez

• View Profile
    As long as lobbying is allowed in this God forsaken country, there will be no change. If a company has enough money, they can have laws curved to their desires. I have personally lost faith in both the Democratic and Republican party. They are on different sides of the same coin.
    pls dont ever leave me guis you were all the most stable thing in my life <3

OfflineGiselle

• View Profile
    As long as lobbying is allowed in this God forsaken country, there will be no change. If a company has enough money, they can have laws curved to their desires. I have personally lost faith in both the Democratic and Republican party. They are on different sides of the same coin.

^^^

This election in-particular has made this appallingly apparent.  :(

Offlinez

• View Profile
    pls dont ever leave me guis you were all the most stable thing in my life <3

OfflineBowser jr

• View Profile

voting third party wont make a change, it will just help the people you disagree with more. it's just a problem with first past the post voting system that it always ends up with two viable parties (quite a few good videos about it this election cycle; ex: )

Once a "third party" actually gets enough votes to win the election, you start over with the "dead" party becoming the new "third party"
    Too add to it:

And US doesn't have a third party. Just a few independents.

Offlinematzie

• View Profile
    Re: General Election: Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders?
    « Reply #11 on: August 16, 2016, 04:18:47 AM »
    None of them know how to run a country.
    Well, to correct that - they do not know how to not run it farther into the ground.
    They all have ideas yes.. but there is no way they can deliver.
    Hillary:
     "For families making less than $125,000 a year, we will eliminate tuition" for in-state students at public colleges.
    To compensate for this, the government will pay it out. That means, you guessed it - higher taxes.

"Pass comprehensive immigration reform with a path to citizenship that keeps families together."
    At least there are more people to pay taxes, not like the illegals do. This push to allow them to be legal, would stomp down on immigrant labor. This will in turn increase the prices of all produce produced in the southern California area. Expect prices to more than double if immigrant labor is flushed out.

"Stand up to Republican-led attacks on this landmark (health care) law—and build on its success to bring the promise of affordable health care to more people and make a ‘public option’ possible."
    It is still charging people who cannot afford healthcare for healthcare.. And then penalizing(fining) them when they cannot afford to pay for not having it.

"Fighting for equal pay."
    The women who are paid less are not fighting for more? Yay, a president fighting for higher income rates at least. The part that is left out of this, the survey was of business women. You know, the kind of jobs that make $100k+ a year.

"We’re going to increase the federal minimum wage."
    Read my other post to see how much this will affect current workers..

"As president, Hillary will expand background checks to more gun sales."
    The problem is not how they get into legal owners hands. The larger problem is they are stolen from them!!

"Clinton would increase federal infrastructure funding by $275 billion over a five-year period."
    Our schools have only received about 2/3 of their federal funding, and none of their state funding. Now lets pump more money into the roads. At least our teachers will have a place to get a new job.

Trump:
    The kind of person who would build a wall separating us from Mexico, that was built in china, and assembled by Mexicans. We are on a budget, you know?

I can think of many better things this money could be used for.

One of trumps plans is to make Mexico pay for the wall.
    One counter measure would be as stated:
    "Cancelling visas: Immigration is a privilege, not a right. Mexico is totally dependent on the United States as a release valve for its own poverty - our approvals of hundreds of thousands of visas to their nationals every year is one of our greatest leverage points. We also have leverage through business and tourist visas for important people in the Mexican economy. Keep in mind, the United States has already taken in 4X more migrants than any other country on planet earth, producing lower wages and higher unemployment for our own citizens and recent migrants."
    I personally think it is a bad thing to keep out the LEGAL workers, as they provide tax income for us as well. Kicking out one of the most hard working group of people would be bad for us too. Also, we are a country of migrants. That is how we became who and what we are today. The reason unemployment rises is because they are actively looking for jobs, that is what is taken into account in that calculation. When you go to a ghetto and find people sitting on their ass collecting welfare - selling the food stamps for cash and drugs - that to me is the real problem.

Better solution, drug test welfare - if they fail - ban them for 2 years until they may reapply.
    smart phones are dumb
    people are smart phones.

Offlinedrubrkletern

• Absolute Legend
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: August 16, 2016, 11:43:33 PM »
    cuckie sanders
    "Moparscape is the oldest Runescape private server community. We have been active since 2007.

- Mitb, Founder"
    ez   infraction king

Offlinejme

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: August 17, 2016, 03:35:40 PM »
    Better solution, drug test welfare - if they fail - ban them for 2 years until they may reapply.

It's been tried. It ends up costing you MORE money. Drug testing isn't cheap. Nor is it effective. You can only detect hard drugs usually for ~2 days. Only cannabis, which is practically benign, can be tested up to 30 days later.

Also basic welfare services keep crime rates down, prison populations, etc. Its very difficult to measure the financial impacts. I think the problems that come with welfare are something we have to learn to live with. If you feel immigrants are putting a strain on it, then it's time to tighten the requirements on education and work skills, and stop open borders. So trumps immigration views are perfectly valid to me, as a Canadian. Except for the muslim part, I would have to disagree with.
    « Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 03:45:22 PM by jme »

OfflineDekotez

• View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: October 09, 2016, 06:44:10 PM »
    None of the above. They are all horrible :) and i'm not American hahaha
    Ingame Username - Dakota

Offlinejustaguy

• View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: October 09, 2016, 07:41:12 PM »
    I'm voting independent -- Doctor J. House. With only a small loanpurchase of $28k he has transformed Moparscape into a successful venture.
    RIP

Onlinevyerrvdara2

• View Profile

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.