General Category > Debates

Mopar closes, then what?

<<< (24/26) >>>

asshole_rule:

--- Quote from: Soulcist on September 27, 2015, 02:55:04 PM ---
--- Quote from: Justin Bieber on August 25, 2015, 01:13:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: halflive9 on August 24, 2015, 06:21:17 PM ---I have read the first two pages or so and then stopped reading. So don't kill me if I say something that has been said. I've seen multiple persons asking why the younger generation and other players go to r-s. Someone have suggested badges and I do think it has to do something with that. On r-s you have the thank system and you also have the how more you post the higher 'rank' you get. You get something for posting on the forums. Something like our old rep system and the moparian reward for the 2000 posts made. You get recognition for your posts and work. Isn't that what we all want. Something in return for our effort and time. I think that is more appealing at r-s. Especially for the younger generations coming in. As a kid all I wanted was that 200 rep and that moparian rank. Now it really doesn't bother me that much anymore. I've learned here that it's better to make a good server or post and get no recognition at all than to re-release something bad or make some stupid posts and get thanked, repped and honored. The best thing is to give something back to the community as they helped me getting this 'far'. As for the runescape cheating part? It never was a big deal on these forums. It always was about the private server creating. That's what I know moparscape for.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, everybody pretended rep wasn't a big deal but was probably a major driver in how much they contributed to the community.

--- End quote ---
I can definitely say in the past when I was younger, it was like that for me. As sad as that is but I do believe you're right for about most of the people here, at least once in their past here.

--- End quote ---

Yeah when i was a bit younger and way more into rsps rep actually mattered a shit ton to me. Eventually you realized after being apart of the community for so long (and being at the cap of 200) that it was literally worthless. I was eventually rep locked for abuse, even though i don't remember there being any guidelines for how to use it. Which now that I think about it was probably a huge problem. There were no guidelines and few rules to go along with it so basically you just did whatever you wanted. It became a 'oh this post is funny here is some rep' instead of 'this is a good contribution to the community, here's some rep'.

fuzzout:
On a side note, the forums outside of the advertisement/project section would probably be a lot more active and populated with interesting threads; however from my perspective: I am scared of posting anything on here.
If someone posts a guide or a tutorial that's (in their view, brilliant) not 'optimal'; they might get mauled by the community.
Doesn't even have to be a guide, sometimes it can just be a post about... I dunno, cats. I've been here a long time (not sure whether to feel happy or sad about it), coming in and going out every few months; each time the once-active sections have slowed (probably to do with the decline of RS/RSPS in general).

Anyways, the main point of my post was: It is scary to post anything because other community members might attack with pitchforks and torches.

Justin Bieber:

--- Quote from: fuzzout on September 28, 2015, 10:27:43 AM ---On a side note, the forums outside of the advertisement/project section would probably be a lot more active and populated with interesting threads; however from my perspective: I am scared of posting anything on here.
If someone posts a guide or a tutorial that's (in their view, brilliant) not 'optimal'; they might get mauled by the community.
Doesn't even have to be a guide, sometimes it can just be a post about... I dunno, cats. I've been here a long time (not sure whether to feel happy or sad about it), coming in and going out every few months; each time the once-active sections have slowed (probably to do with the decline of RS/RSPS in general).

Anyways, the main point of my post was: It is scary to post anything because other community members might attack with pitchforks and torches.

--- End quote ---
This made me realise that I've barely posted any topics in the entire time I've been here..

Stack exchange has filled the gap for most of the boards on moparscape imo, so most people don't really have any reason to post here unless it's directly related to RSPS. Take programming help for example - am I going to ask here and either get abused, or worse just ignored because nobody knows the answer. No, I'm going to ask a global community who are collectively very knowledgable and actually give constructive answers.

asshole_rule:

--- Quote from: Justin Bieber on September 28, 2015, 11:21:48 AM ---
--- Quote from: fuzzout on September 28, 2015, 10:27:43 AM ---On a side note, the forums outside of the advertisement/project section would probably be a lot more active and populated with interesting threads; however from my perspective: I am scared of posting anything on here.

--- End quote ---
This made me realise that I've barely posted any topics in the entire time I've been here..

Stack exchange has filled the gap for most of the boards on moparscape imo, so most people don't really have any reason to post here unless it's directly related to RSPS. Take programming help for example - am I going to ask here and either get abused, or worse just ignored because nobody knows the answer. No, I'm going to ask a global community who are collectively very knowledgable and actually give constructive answers.

--- End quote ---

I'd ask here first just because I'm more comfortable here. Nothing wrong with asking either places. If it's reasonable you won't get too much shit here

Whackatre:

--- Quote from: asshole_rule on September 29, 2015, 10:08:04 AM ---
--- Quote from: Justin Bieber on September 28, 2015, 11:21:48 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I'd ask here first just because I'm more comfortable here. Nothing wrong with asking either places. If it's reasonable you won't get too much shit here

--- End quote ---

we post here because this community is special.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version