Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • TheCyberMan: Hey guys! I just launched the Kickstarter for my futuristic vehicular combat video game, TERRIUM: [link]. The game is free to download – thanks for any feedback or support!
      Today at 10:54:04 PM
    • stCky: I mean still drive a Nissan
      Today at 08:46:24 PM
    • stCky: i downloaded moparscape but still drive a Ford, when will my balls grow?
      Today at 08:46:20 PM
    • Striker Fox2: download it
      Today at 03:26:06 AM
    • Zezuma09: how do i get this game started ?
      October 22, 2017, 03:24:27 AM
    • Striker Fox2: Much more on General Board
      October 21, 2017, 04:30:25 AM
    • Striker Fox2: New price guide link [link]
      October 21, 2017, 04:30:18 AM
    • Striker Fox2: New discord link [link]
      October 21, 2017, 04:30:03 AM
    • Saltyspade10: If you are new and reading this, stick around becaus it's a great server and community! Hope to see you in-game :)
      October 21, 2017, 02:44:16 AM
    • damian6: hello i wanne buy this server can u add me
      October 20, 2017, 03:54:38 PM
    • Wilkooo: lol jks
      October 20, 2017, 02:39:53 PM
    • Wilkooo: ilyall
      October 20, 2017, 02:39:48 PM
    • tm4dz: why cant i see any download links??
      October 20, 2017, 10:46:55 AM
    • stCky: u dont need to its fudgeing sick
      October 19, 2017, 08:13:13 PM
    • odin stormborn: how do i change my username
      October 19, 2017, 12:16:51 PM
    • qazplm102938: everyone play manicps its best server out there loads to do its badboyyyy - manicps manicps shout out kiteshield
      October 19, 2017, 10:28:21 AM
    • qazplm102938: everyone play manicps its best server out there loads to do its badboyyyy - manicps manicps
      October 19, 2017, 10:11:08 AM
    • Travas: wtf
      October 19, 2017, 07:37:52 AM
    • stCky: Adaro, you are a threat to the communities image, yes
      October 18, 2017, 02:53:43 PM
    • Krackkid: Hello everyone it is I, Krackkid.
      October 18, 2017, 07:21:56 AM

Author Topic: Mopar closes, then what?  (Read 11377 times)

OfflineRuby

• View Profile
    Re: Mopar closes, then what?
    « Reply #20 on: November 21, 2012, 12:11:40 PM »
    Moparisthebest was pretty adamant that we don't completely merge, but he is fine with certain boards being added here.

I understand that he is busy with real life, the kids, etc but I would still like to hear some form of input from him on the matter. Not saying you're not telling the truth I'd just like to see where he stands on everything, the fact that we're not exactly getting more active, what he would find acceptable as a change etc etc.

IMO RL AND R-S are far more progressive than our site and will continue to be the top sites(server wise). All that will remain in terms of mopar is #Mopar(a testament to what happened with the death of MITB forums).
    This so much. We won't ever compete with other RSPS communities for the fact we don't change jack-shit here and our forums are a little outdated with individual boards (we finally got a web dev board after like 3 years of asking for it).

Well as far as I can see no-one actually suggests change much, if we do Taharok usually has a good reason for shooting it down. I think the best suggestion that was ever created in the short time the suggestions board was here was to merge the sites back to moparisthebest.com
    We need to open back the suggestions board, you wouldn't believe how many suggestions people actually suggested.
    I only seen 5 or 6, the ones that were actually approved.
    Shreddology.

Toms guilty pleasure: http://i.imgur.com/bmWqw7v.png

Offlinejme

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, 12:15:31 PM »
    I didn't read any replies. I just wanted to say the runescape cheating scene isn't here, its at other communities and has been for a very long time. Some members here happen to be a part of it in the past

It's obvious why this place never drew in the cheating crowd. There isn't any cheating. It's funny how many times I thought rs cheating was dead. This exact same damn topic has been posted since the day I joined and long before that.

edit: And since the question was about if this place closed. I think mopar said several times it is unlikely to close and if he had to, he'd hand it over to someone. I personally think if it closes, tis the end of the mitb side of the forum, there isn't anyone there except #mopar, so there is no point in flocking anywhere. The irc would find a home. If the community still has members viewing it, maybe theyd enjoy Villavu a lot more. Irrelevant to moparscape though
    « Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 12:39:57 PM by jme »

OfflineLoveandpower

• View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, 04:24:55 PM »
    IMO RL AND R-S are far more progressive than our site and will continue to be the top sites(server wise). All that will remain in terms of mopar is #Mopar(a testament to what happened with the death of MITB forums).
    This so much. We won't ever compete with other RSPS communities for the fact we don't change jack-shit here and our forums are a little outdated with individual boards (we finally got a web dev board after like 3 years of asking for it).

Well as far as I can see no-one actually suggests change much, if we do Taharok usually has a good reason for shooting it down. I think the best suggestion that was ever created in the short time the suggestions board was here was to merge the sites back to moparisthebest.com
    We need to open back the suggestions board, you wouldn't believe how many suggestions people actually suggested.
    yeah I heard it was an extreme amount actually  :P

I can't wait for it to come back out got several ideas cooking
    I just don't care anymore.

OfflineTurmoilz1337x

• View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: November 21, 2012, 06:59:26 PM »
    To be honest, I consider MoparScape "The Mother of RS Private Servers". This is where, thanks to google, vote 4 points, and word of mouth, people go for their private servers. Unless it is shut down, I don't see this site ever "dying". It will always have that going for it. From that point on, you get maybe 45% of RSPS players trying to make their own and that leads them, of course, to the site they already know. It's the constant flow into the forums. Truth be told, out of that 45%, 20% quit, 10% suck, 10% have half a brain and motivation to try and get no where, and 5% actually are postive, contributing parts of the community. Also, IMO, as stated above with the fancy badges, Moparscape should add badges ETC. and a forum shop like some private servers to attract some more people with the "sleekness" of the site. If a book doesn't have a fancy cover, will people pick it up in the first place. But as the saying goes, to contradict myself, you can't always judge a book by its cover anyways. This site is one of my foundations, not that I was ever a real contributing member and I have basically dropped off the RSPS radar for a while, but this inspired me to really look into and learn java/computer science which is what I'm doing now with my high school electives/free time. If anything, I'm proud to say I'm from Mopar.
    Shakeweight.
    I move my arms extremely fast up and down like I'm running in place and I've seen awesome results.

OfflineRuby

• View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: November 22, 2012, 09:32:30 AM »
    @Turmoilz MoparScape does have it's own badges: Server Helper and Tutorial Author. They're just not handed out to someone who's helped someone twice or someone who's wrote two good tutorials. Along-side those badges you also get the MITB badges such as Web Developer, Java Guru, Python Guru, C++ Coder etc etc.
    Shreddology.

Offlinejme

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #25 on: November 22, 2012, 09:36:28 AM »
    @Turmoilz MoparScape does have it's own badges: Server Helper and Tutorial Author. They're just not handed out to someone who's helped someone twice or someone who's wrote two good tutorials. Along-side those badges you also get the MITB badges such as Web Developer, Java Guru, Python Guru, C++ Coder etc etc.

You call them mitb badges but they really are for both moparscape and mitb. Unfortunately not many earn them here

OfflineRuby

• View Profile
    « Reply #26 on: November 22, 2012, 09:43:41 AM »

You call them mitb badges but they really are for both moparscape and mitb. Unfortunately not many earn them here
    I know they're for both but the server helper and tutorial author are specifically for moparscape so I thought it'd be easier to differentiate that way. I only think 3 people from moparscape earned badges that originated on mitb. Myself, sinisoul and s1gma. I dunno about anyone else

EDIT: Forgot classic got his irc legend, so him too.
    « Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 03:53:15 PM by Ruby »
    Shreddology.

OfflineThe Web Guy

• View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: November 22, 2012, 03:40:16 PM »
    Remember there are more sites like google and rune server, moparscape offers a lot more than just private servers it is a good community for other things like debates, other questions, and programming. If I'm right moparscape started out as a java forums and someone had released a private source here and others downloaded it and started releasing their own versions and now we are at where we are today. At least that is the story that I've heard. I think if the private server scene was gone moparscape could just removed the development sections and stay as a programming forums. And also if runescape goes down there will always be versions of private servers out there somewhere.
    I am The Web Guy.
    Not The Java Guy, please don't ask me about Java.
    Email: [email protected]
    Moparscape: Stahp.

OfflineVain_

• View Profile
    « Reply #28 on: November 22, 2012, 03:50:47 PM »
    i call dibs on new site. kkty

OfflineRuby

• View Profile
    « Reply #29 on: November 22, 2012, 04:06:45 PM »
    No point in making a new site, there's a site[/url] owned by a member of these forums that more or less mimics this. If anyone was being reasonable they'd just head to there.
    Shreddology.

OfflineAcorn_

• View Profile
    « Reply #30 on: November 22, 2012, 05:23:30 PM »
    who cares if mopar dies..
    it's literally a shit hole.
    hey?!

OfflineAshley

• View Profile
    « Reply #31 on: November 22, 2012, 05:24:11 PM »
    I will take over.
    Fridder <3

Wont be active anymore, bye.

OfflineRuby

• View Profile
    « Reply #32 on: November 22, 2012, 05:28:45 PM »
    leave then, you're not doing any good posting shit like that.
    Shreddology.

OfflineAcorn_

• View Profile
    « Reply #33 on: November 22, 2012, 05:35:06 PM »
    or, I could have my own free will as a human?>! :O
    and stick around if I so choose.
    hey?!

OfflineThe Web Guy

• View Profile
    « Reply #34 on: November 22, 2012, 06:43:50 PM »
    or, I could have my own free will as a human?>! :O
    and stick around if I so choose.

>Call the place you're on posting a shit hole.
    >Still stay because you have no friends.
    I am The Web Guy.
    Not The Java Guy, please don't ask me about Java.
    Email: [email protected]
    Moparscape: Stahp.

OfflineDavidi2

• View Profile
    « Reply #35 on: November 22, 2012, 08:12:21 PM »
    Honestly sick of the attitude here. If you think it's so bad, you can leave. If you still want to voice your opinion on how bad it is but only stick around just to trumpet around how much you hate it here, I can help you leave.

OfflineRuby

• View Profile
    « Reply #36 on: November 22, 2012, 08:19:36 PM »
    Honestly sick of the attitude here. If you think it's so bad, you can leave. If you still want to voice your opinion on how bad it is but only stick around just to trumpet around how much you hate it here, I can help you leave.

For once we see eye to eye. BANHAMMER.
    Shreddology.

OfflineTree

• View Profile
    « Reply #37 on: November 22, 2012, 08:21:28 PM »

Then leave. You certainly will not be missed.

No point in making a new site, there's a site[/url] owned by a member of these forums that more or less mimics this. If anyone was being reasonable they'd just head to there.

Who owns that? If a new community was to be formed, it would have to be made by someone well known here.
    To be honest, that community will never be a better candidate than Villavu.
    « Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 08:28:40 PM by Tree »
    <_^_> this community has really collapsed
    <_^_> it is like a shitty version of friendster for washed up nerds

OfflineUncalled

• View Profile
    « Reply #38 on: November 22, 2012, 08:22:52 PM »

For once we see eye to eye. BANHAMMER.
    Same here. ++

OfflineRuby

• View Profile
    « Reply #39 on: November 22, 2012, 08:35:15 PM »

Then leave. You certainly will not be missed.

Who owns that? If a new community was to be formed, it would have to be made by someone well known here.
    To be honest, that community will never be a better candidate than Villavu.

He's well known all over the IRC but not so much on the forums. His forums username is Whackatre, irc is Whac, Mew, justin, Whackatre.
    Shreddology.

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.