RuneScape 2 Development > Downloads

[718] Rome - "Rome wasn't built in a day..."

Pages: (1/12) >>>

arham 4:

Download (with cache)
Download (without cache)

I am now finished with my masterpiece Rome. I give anyone permission to re-release this as long as I do get credits. You are free to use this for your server, and the credits are appreciated. This is 5 months of work, it's no joke or sarcasm. I started this on November 18th, and it ends today. I am thankful to all those who supported Rome and am thankful to every player who got online. Really.
Rome is a 667 loading 718 that is build on the idea to be different, but to the extent of maintaining real RuneScape aspects. The main idea of the server is to have playability, interactivity, and tons of content. This server wants to keep aspects of the Roman Empire times but still maintaining RuneScape, making this a blend of medieval and emperor times. The logic of this server is to make YOU a 'Roman' not some 'Player'. We found this a more formal way of talk and found this to be quite descriptive of YOU. Our interactivity will be to produce content that will come from the unexpected, and something that is fun and doesn't always have to follow the pattern of "get on a server, get 99s, and PK!" We found this to be quite repetitive, and wished to annihilate that from our server. All-in-all, this server is circulated by YOU and not by the concept of "the world is just turning around."

In 11 words: The collaboration of Rome while keeping the main idea of RuneScape.

Features:
[*]Anything in this.
[*]Slavery system
[*]A fully custom-made introduction to the server.
[*]Fully working slayer, including slayer rewards. (If you ever use this server, please do add the spawns for Slayer)
[*]More special attacks than the original matrix and more fixed special attack percentages.
[*]A latest kills board.
[*]Alchemy
[*]Skiller-friendly (90% of our players were actually skillers)
[*]A special "Central Training Area"
[*]Full 'Fairy Rings' with ALL spawns around their areas added. (This system was made before CorruptionX was even released)
[*]Capes of Distinction (Max cape, Veteran's cape, Classic cape, Completionist's cape)
[*]Aubury (for essence mining)
[*]Superheat
[*]Crystal key + their chest + merging
[*]Custom title system
[*]Enchanting
[*]Tanning
[*]Starter guide (so when you use my server, you can read that to see more about what this server has)
[*]Jewelry smithing
[*]Custom title colors
[*]Resource Dungeons (not all)[/list]
Total updates done: 122

--- Code: ---On November 18th, 2013, Rome had begun.
On November 21st, 2013, Rome featured in-game total login time awards.
On November 23rd, 2013, Rome had an introduction made.
On November 23rd, 2013, Rome featured the Squire NPC, an NPC that answers frequently asked questions.
On November 24th, 2013, Rome featured the Financial Advisor, an NPC who would tell you how to get money in Rome and how to minimize your chances of being scammed.
On November 24th, 2013, Rome featured I, the Town crier.
On November 24th, 2013, the Seers of Seers' Village, province of Rome, now share the same dialogue as the Squire, the FAQ NPC.
On November 24th, 2013, Rome featured the Weird Old Man, an old man with weird dialogue and WITH VOICE!
*On November 28th, 2013, Rome's main city (home town) was relocated to Taverley with completely new spawns
On December 2nd, 2013, Rome had fixed the bug with skill interfaces.
On December 2nd, 2013, Rome had a Crafting tutor, Jack Oval. He is located North-west in Taverley.
On December 2nd, 2013, Rome had a Smithing tutor, Martin Steelweaver. He is located North-west in Taverley.
On December 2nd, 2013, Rome's epicenter, Taverley, had it's cows' drops fixed.
On December 2nd, 2013, Rome had a Mining tutor, Tobias Bronzearms. He is located North-west in Taverley.
On December 3rd, 2013, Rome had a Woodcutting tutor, Will Oakfeller. He is located at the North of the Central Trading Hub (North of the entrance of Taverley).
On December 3rd, 2013, Rome had a Fletching tutor, Alison Elmshaper. She is located at the North of the Central Trading Hub (North of the entrance of Taverley).
On December 4th, 2013, Rome had featured spinning. You can now spin items such as Wool and Flax.
On December 4th, 2013, Jack Oval, the Crafting tutor, had his information updated!
On December 4th, 2013, Rome had a Firemaking tutor, Marcus Everburn. He is located at the North of the Central Trading Hub (North of the entrance of Taverley).
On December 4th, 2013, Rome had a Prayer tutor, Chaplain Sarah. She is located at the North of the Central Trading Hub (North of the entrance of Taverley).
On December 6th, 2013, Rome had a Herblore tutor, Poletax. He is located at the North of the Central Trading Hub (North of the entrance of Taverley).
On December 6th, 2013, all the tutors of Taverley had their dialogues fixed (grammatically).
On December 6th, 2013, the Squire, also known as the FAQ NPC, had his information updated!
On December 6th, 2013, the Altar of Guthix, North of the Central Trading Hub (North of the entrance to Taverley), was now a new place to pray (recharge your prayer).
On December 6th, 2013, Rome had a Hunter tutor, Ayleth Beaststalker. She is located North-west of the Central Trading Hub (North of Taverley Entrance).
On December 6th, 2013, Rome had a Fishing tutor. He is located West of the Central Trading Hub (North of the Taverley Entrance).
*On December 9th, 2013, Rome had the Chaos Tunnels fully working!
*On December 14th, 2013, Rome had a Skirmish system. From this, Barbarians and Roman Guards would spawn at certain locations and fight to the death for supremacy. ROME SHALL BE SUPERIOR!
On December 23rd, 2013, the Private Messaging system had its bug fixed. This bug was that the message sent be blank even if you typed something to the friend.
On December 23rd, 2013, Ayleth Beaststalker was removed temporarily.
On December 24th, 2013, Player Looks were now saved from the tutorial.
On December 24th, 2013, Login-time awards had been implemented. This way, you get rewards for however long you have played!
On December 26th, 2013, more Special Attacks were added to Rome. These include:
- The Dragon pickaxe
- The Dragon hatchet
- The Dragon 2h (without the attack animation)
On December 26th, 2013, some Special Attacks had their drainage fixed. These include:
- The Dragon halberd
- Statius's warhammer
On December 26th, 2013, Rome featured Ruth Savage, the Thieving tutor. She is located North of the Taverley bank.
On December 26th, 2013, Rome featured Mess Sergeant Ramsey, the Cooking tutor. He is located North of the Taverley bank.
On December 27th, 2013, Rome featured Slayer masters. These masters can now assign you tasks.
On December 27th, 2013, Rome fixed the feature that if you attack all the monsters that contain your task's name, it would credit you for still doing the task. For example, if a Slayer master assigns you 'Rats' then you can kill a 'Giant Rat' and it would still count as a kill for 'Rats'.
On December 27th, 2013, Slayer masters had their Combat requirement added.
On December 30th, 2013, the glitch with Bow strings used on unstrung bows not deleting the Bow string was fixed.
-- NEW YEAR 2014 --
On January 1st, 2014, Rome's prices were fixed to be more suited for an economy.
On January 1st, 2014, Auto-Saving was added for Romans every 5 minutes.
On January 1st, 2014, all drops that are dropped at a 5% rate or lower are announced when they are dropped.
On January 3rd, 2014, the Mining area was added! This area can be accessed by going into the Heroes Guild and clicking the ladder that goes down.
On January 3rd, 2014, the Fountain of Heroes was added.
On January 4th, 2014, a new Latest Kills board was added.
On January 4th, 2014, the bug with the Latest Kills board showing oldest kills to newest kills was fixed.
On January 6th, 2014, High Alchemy and Low Alchemy were added to Rome.
On January 6th, 2014, Slayer Caves and Slayer Towers had their spawns added.
On January 7th, 2014, the Slayer Gem and Ring of Slaying had all their functions added.
On January 7th, 2014, the Ice Caves were added on Rome.
On January 11th, 2014, Rome now had the spawns of McGrubor's Woods added.
On January 11th, 2014, Ancient Caverns had their spawns added.
On January 11th, 2014, Rome now had Kuradal's Dungeon's spawns added.
On January 12th, 2014, Romans could access the Kalphite Queen.
On January 12th, 2014, Rome now had the Fisher Realm's spawns added.
On January 12th, 2014, Rome now had the Legends' Guild's spawns added.
On January 12th, 2014, Rome now had Miscellania's spawns added.
On January 12th, 2014, Rome now had the Wizards' Guild's spawns added.
On January 13th, 2014, Rome now had Sinclair Mansion's spawns added.
*On January 16th, 2014, Rome now had the Fairy Ring working!
On January 23rd, 2014, Rome now allows you to get slayer tokens based on the amount of tasks complete. (10th and 50th task giving extra tokens (including their multiples)).
On January 23rd, 2014, Rome now features the Slayer Reward Shop, having the same things as RuneScape!
On January 25th, 2014, Rome now features the Capes of Distinction. It is the following:
- Veteran's Cape - 3 month old account
- Classic Cape - Played Rome Beta
- Max Cape - Obtained 99 in all level-able skills
- Completionist's Cape - 99 in all level-able skills, all quests completed, and 3 months of playtime.
On January 27th, 2014, Rome was up for Beta!
On January 30th, 2014, Rome had removed auto-saving and login-times.
On January 30th, 2014, Fletching worked again.
On January 30th, 2014, Thieving now had more possible stalls to steal from.
On January 30th, 2014, Aubury worked (to teleport you to the Pure Essence mine).
On January 30th, 2014, Runecrafting exits worked.
On January 30th, 2014, buying with less than the required inventory space would no longer subtract your money!
On January 31st, 2014, the ability to make potions was fixed.
On January 31st, 2014, more lunar spells were added.
On January 31st, 2014, enchanting items & smelthing ore (from the spell) worked.
On January 31st, 2014, the ability to craft leather was added.
On January 31st, 2014, transportation to the Taverley Dungeon worked.
On February 1st, 2014, Bosses crashing the client were fixed.
On February 1st, 2014, the 'Superheat' spell was fixed.
On February 1st, 2014, TzHaar monsters now dropped tokkul.
On February 2nd, 2014, Purple sweets worked.
On February 2nd, 2014, Praetorian was a new rank and had its benefits added.
On February 2nd, 2014, auto-vote worked. To vote, please do ;;vote.
On February 2nd, 2014, super anti-fires worked.
On February 2nd, 2014, loop and tooth halves could be merged and the Crystal key work now work on the chest.
On February 2nd, 2014, the altars at godwars worked.
On February 2nd, 2014, the custom titles had a limit of 14 characters set.
On February 3rd, 2014, the glitch with Max not giving the Max cape even with the proper requirements was fixed.
On February 22nd, 2014, the Latest kills board didn't crash your client.
On February 22nd, 2014, all the Agility courses (that worked) had their entrances working (partially).
On February 23rd, 2014, silk stalls no longer ruined your clipping.
On March 7th, 2014, glitches with Smithing were fixed!
On March 7th, 2014, tanning was added to Rome.
On March 12th, 2014, Rome had slavery made. Release of it was not tell the day after due to bugs.
On March 13th, 2014, 95% of the bugs with Slaves were fixed.
On March 13th, 2014, you could rename your slaves!
On March 23rd, 2014, low leveled NPCs weren't overpowered.
On March 26th, 2014, the glitch with not being able to move after an activity was fixed!
On March 30th, 2014, Rome had a starter's guide.
On March 30th, 2014, Rome had a Lord-only area.
On March 30th, 2014, Rome had a Lord-only training area.
On March 30th, 2014, Rome was officially released for the public.
On March 30th, 2014, the problem with votes not being counted were fixed!
On March 30th, 2014, the tanning dupe was fixed!
On March 30th, 2014, 3 Lord-only shops were added to the Lord-only area.
On March 30th, 2014, the glitch with XP not being given was fixed!
On April 2nd, 2014, the glitch with guams not cleaning at level 1 was fixed.
On April 3rd, 2014, God Wars had their entrances fixed!
On April 3rd, 2014, the Squeal of Fortune was added!
On April 5th, 2014, the Fairy Rings mass-clicking glitch was fixed!
On April 5th, 2014, godsword making was made!
On April 5th, 2014, the Squeal of Fortune claiming was fixed!
On April 5th, 2014, a ;;value command was added, telling you your items' worth.
On April 5th, 2014, the Gypsy could teleport you to the Lumbridge Catacombs!
On April 5th, 2014, the Gypsy could teleport you to the mining area!
On April 5th, 2014, Romans could set their own custom title colors!
On April 5th, 2014, skillcapes were added!
On April 5th, 2014, when you did a skillcape, 2 men would appear and do the dance with you!
On April 7th, 2014, more Runecrafting entrances were added.
On April 7th, 2014, Resource Dungeons were added.
On April 7th, 2014, jewelry smithing was added.
On April 13th, 2014, Rome had fixed the skillcapes.
On April 13th, 2014, Rome had more vote rewards!
On April 13th, 2014, Slaves could store 10 items again.

--- End code ---

Youtube channel (for videos):
TheRomanRSPS[/url]

I am no longer interested in "making" an RSPS (I might work for one). $60 in ads, $17 a month for expenses, and the max players we reached were 11, with our average being 4. I spent all the money I had on this server. But it just concludes that the rich will always end up more superior than those who have less money to offer. Look at Ikov for example. 3 months and they get 1,500 players. Then you see those servers with the most dedicated teams sit there with 8 players (Arios for example).

With the release of this work, my mission is complete for this project. Nothing should be kept hidden, away from everyone, because if you want the community to make betterness, then release betterness.

Thank you everyone,
Arham

jack332:

1st, very nice, good job ima download :D

Limits:

Congratulations arham!

ox random xi:

It was fun, liked seeing my baby grow up but sad to see it go away.

invader sid:

i would have played this sever if i known you had it up i saw it on the showoff forums but i thought you where going to sell it or something i was wanting to play it so bad

Pages: (1/12) >>>

Go to full version