Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • defrozen: need some help waited a couple for days and still no replys [https://forum.moparscape.org/server-help/48/launcher-help/682239/msg4520733#new]
      Today at 07:47:47 AM
    • EntasiaRSPS: Entasia is now released! [link]
      Today at 06:53:39 AM
    • Intdubspawn: Register on the RecklessPk website, we are releasing soon!
      Today at 01:45:01 AM
    • Adaro: WILKO STOP BANNING ME...i am not doing anything bad, just trying to help people
      Today at 01:22:33 AM
    • Lin: hey thanks stCky
      Today at 12:27:00 AM
    • stCky: :thinking_face: :ok_hand:
      September 18, 2017, 08:28:24 PM
    • cgh: dont tell me what to do
      September 18, 2017, 06:09:16 PM
    • stCky: really enjoying the openGL content Lin
      September 18, 2017, 04:15:57 PM
    • Jc22493: Keep the chatbox civil please and thanks
      September 18, 2017, 03:59:24 PM
    • Lin: fudge u drub
      September 18, 2017, 12:25:04 AM
    • stCky: yeah i want :thinking_face: give us emojis or im not voting u in as president again
      September 17, 2017, 04:34:30 PM
    • Intdubspawn: RecklessPk is releasing September 24th! :) All join the discord here [link]
      September 17, 2017, 04:30:05 PM
    • drubrkletern: when r we getting real emojis in shoutbox boys *okhand*
      September 17, 2017, 03:55:51 PM
    • Amcora: keep it out of shoutbox please
      September 17, 2017, 07:36:43 AM
    • ACCBIKERS: WHO DA FUK IS THAT GUY ?
      September 17, 2017, 05:53:49 AM
    • ACCBIKERS: I DO IT ON EVERY SERVER GOING I'LL DO WHAT I WHAT !
      September 17, 2017, 05:53:44 AM
    • ACCBIKERS: Bitch shut the fudge up you little poncy ass runt.... you're mad no one even trusted you and awwww how cute DO I GIVE A fudge
      September 17, 2017, 05:53:30 AM
    • Adaro: Not to mention I never abused my commands when I was a helper like you jailing yourself in wilderness to avoid pkers...then boosting about it to people
      September 17, 2017, 03:12:00 AM
    • Adaro: GEOFFREY I never told anyone about that command in all the 7 months of playing, and I knew worse glitches...can't say I break as many serious rules like you real world trading and scamming players over a RuneScape account
      September 17, 2017, 03:10:49 AM
    • bradyfan12: hey guys could anyone come test my server for me, free ags+inferno cape
      September 15, 2017, 08:37:15 PM

Author Topic: [Application/Tool] RSPS Manager (Updated 5/6/2015)  (Read 2497 times)

OfflineCSharp95

• View Profile
    [Application/Tool] RSPS Manager (Updated 5/6/2015)
    « on: April 12, 2015, 02:35:09 PM »
    Travis' RuneScape Private Server Manager

Introduction
    Hi there. You probably don't know me, or maybe you do, I'm not sure how many familiar faces I'll see in a community I haven't been a part of in so long. I'm Travis, also known here as JavaTC (and some other username I forgot) and I stopped coming here a long time ago. I had several thousand posts and this community gave me a lot, so I thought I'd finally give something back to it. Thanks for the good times, Mopar.

About the application
    This is an application to make managing and updating clients easier for both players and developers. I made it because I've always found myself rather annoyed at how often server owners would update their clients and how the very few launchers I've seen for servers, they always tend to fail if the webhost is offline due to attacks and had such unnecessary flashiness. This is designed to be as simple as possible; meaning no fancy GUI or user interaction beyond the initial setup.

Because it uses arguments to gather all the information it needs, all that's really needed is a .bat file for each server you play. Whether it's provided by the server owner or created by you, it's simple to make and an example is included the the download.
    Note that the client must be a .jar file with a direct download link for the manager to work!
    As of now, the program supports redirected download pages. So long as it redirects to a direct download, (No mediafire or Uppit,) it can fetch the uri and download the client.

Usage
    Do not just run the program! It will crash! Run it via a .bat file with two arguments.
    The first argument is the server name - Example "YourScape"
    The second argument is the link to the client - Example ";
    Example .bat file:
    Code: [Select]
    @echo off
    RSPSM2 "YourScape" ";

Media
    (click to show/hide)

Source
    As of now, I'm releasing the source. To anyone interested in learning about C# or the .NET framework, this could be useful in some way. You're free to use it as you wish, though crediting me in any of your own modified builds somehow is appreciated.
    Repository -

Download, links, etc
    Requires the .NET Framework found here: http://www.microsoft.com/net
    Uppit - RSPSM2.zip - 4 KB

Virus scan: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/bed83423c8a1823aee230d970fba0185170241e3c26689ca7bf0cbd6de4e59e8/analysis/1430945410/

Changelog
    (click to show/hide)

Please leave any feedback you'd like, good or bad, it's appreciated.
    « Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 05:01:18 PM by CSharp95 »

Offlinedwarfs222

• View Profile
    Re: [Application/Tool] RSPS Manager
    « Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 05:53:00 AM »
    Looks very good JavaTC, will come in handy!
    Searching a Development team.
    [ANY PROTOCOL]

OfflineEyeownyew

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 12:27:27 PM »
    What does it do? From the output it looks like it just redownloads the client

Offlinetyb97

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 01:11:03 PM »

This is an application to make managing and updating clients easier for both players and developers. I made it because I've always found myself rather annoyed at how often server owners would update their clients and how the very few launchers I've seen for servers, they always tend to fail if the webhost is offline due to attacks and had such unnecessary flashiness.

Pretty much what it is, just the reasoning behind this function is what makes it useful.

Also, nice to see you again JavaTC. Thought you were gone forever.
    what if i want to stick it in? you got a problem with that?

OfflineCSharp95

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 01:32:36 PM »
    It redownloads the client each time it's ran, therefore always keeping the client up to date. It also backs up the latest client downloaded so if the host ever goes down, it can still run the latest version you have. Not the most innovative way of doing it, I know, but after much work on a different version of this I intended to sell to servers, I decided the simplicity was better. I originally wanted it to check the current version from a text file on the server's website but it had a lot of issues and it was a lot more difficult to make everything work properly.
    I know plenty of people could do better, I was just surprised that they hadn't yet from what I've seen. Plus doing it this way has the advantage of it working with almost every server, so long as it has a direct download link. It doesn't like a few, such as google and the likes, because of their client patching system, but you don't even need it in those cases.

This is an application to make managing and updating clients easier for both players and developers. I made it because I've always found myself rather annoyed at how often server owners would update their clients and how the very few launchers I've seen for servers, they always tend to fail if the webhost is offline due to attacks and had such unnecessary flashiness.

Pretty much what it is, just the reasoning behind this function is what makes it useful.

Also, nice to see you again JavaTC. Thought you were gone forever.
    Yeah, I thought I was too. I decided to release this though and stick around the forums some. I don't have as much time as I used to, (seeing how my entire night after getting home consisted of this site,) but I'll make a few posts here and there when I can. The vast majority of my time is spent with my girlfriend on skype, in college, or helping my family out now, but I'm here to stay for a while longer.
    « Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 01:37:06 PM by CSharp95 »

Offlineohokay

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 05:56:07 AM »
    Would this not be easier to integrate into the client itself rather than having a separate application? What about mac users?
    I don't think sk8r could be wrong because he is a god, But what do i need to do then?

Offlinedannymoparscape

• View Profile
      • @localhost
    « Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 07:38:34 AM »
    horrible, everyone can make a updater.

OfflineCSharp95

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 11:29:55 PM »
    Would this not be easier to integrate into the client itself rather than having a separate application? What about mac users?
    It could, and some clients have, such as Vitality and their own game launcher, however a lot that I've seen have issues and so I created this, primarily for myself, so I could easily just launch whatever server I wanted to play at the moment without having to worry about the client not being up to date because they don't have an automated updater. It can easily be integrated into the client, but not many ever seem to, so I compensated for that.
    As for mac users, if anyone truly wants it for mac, I'm willing to port it using mono or possibly rewrite it in Java despite me being far more experienced in C# than any other language. I did actually have a test Java version once but I got rather annoyed with it and scrapped it. So if any Mac/Linux users need it that badly because they don't want to write their own, I can port it, just ask.
    horrible, everyone can make a updater.
    Yes, it's a very simple project, anyone could make it in around 5 minutes if they knew what they were doing, it took me around half an hour since I was mostly just messing around with making the code as clean as I'm willing to tolerate and experimenting with a few things since I have so little time to program anything. I also added way more dialog and output than necessary, but that's how I like my console applications.
    In fact, if you include all the comments and empty space, it's under 300 lines of code. But as I said, it was mainly for personal use, I don't expect it to be big, though I was thinking of making a GUI for it.

Edit: Updated the application, now supports redirecting uri/urls and is now open source.
    « Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 03:58:51 PM by CSharp95 »

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.