Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • King Bosnia: Any recommendations to private servers?
      October 18, 2018, 04:47:35 PM
    • FightMexoxo: oi i have the files if anyone whats em
      October 18, 2018, 12:44:42 AM
    • The Wanderer: Whoops
      October 15, 2018, 12:56:18 AM
    • The Wanderer: Making own operating system
      October 15, 2018, 12:56:11 AM
    • Travas: no
      October 07, 2018, 04:03:36 PM
    • Saltyspade10: Server still up and running?
      October 05, 2018, 07:13:41 PM
    • Wesam: Can someone upload moparscape.jar?
      October 05, 2018, 11:43:43 AM
    • Ligoe: yo
      September 30, 2018, 12:48:15 PM
    • Ligoe: how come i can't login the game
      September 30, 2018, 12:48:03 PM
    • fuzzout: Anybody here with experience in using Luna source? I'm looking to develop something, but can't seem to get any of my clients to work with it...
      September 26, 2018, 10:47:27 AM
    • `Discardedx2`: ?
      September 21, 2018, 12:24:09 PM
    • Pookey71: ARE YOU HERE TO RECEIVE MY LIMP PENIS!?
      September 20, 2018, 11:55:24 PM
    • Pookey71: THIS IS DEMOCRACY MANIFESTO
      September 20, 2018, 11:55:07 PM
    • Vasi28: Гранд
      September 03, 2018, 07:06:22 PM
    • Rash: test
      August 30, 2018, 09:09:18 PM
    • Guruu:[link]
      August 30, 2018, 12:04:45 AM
    • Guruu: am i allowed to post links shoutbox?
      August 30, 2018, 12:03:46 AM
    • drubrkletern:[link] feedback wanted
      August 28, 2018, 03:55:17 PM
    • bugz000: Anyone got a link for the old ass silab client and cache.zip? from mopar 3.2 era :) 317
      August 25, 2018, 12:48:15 AM
    • cholland2015: Does anyone know where I can download the old moparscape client/server?
      August 24, 2018, 02:30:51 PM

Author Topic: Asteria 2.0  (Read 29970 times)

OfflineDan0194

• View Profile
    Re: Asteria 2.0
    « Reply #80 on: May 18, 2014, 01:11:10 PM »
    Your client is not sending the player updating correctly to the server.
    lol who told you winterLove had bad codes
    Smart man.
    if you read this your a fagit
    Runescape Gambling

OfflineEyeownyew

• View Profile
    « Reply #81 on: May 18, 2014, 03:09:25 PM »
    that's... no

It's probably incompatibility, I bet the server is sending 12 bits for player updating and you need 14 for galkon's refactored iirc
    I might be wrong, it's been awhile
    Runescape Gambling

OfflineDan0194

• View Profile
    « Reply #82 on: May 18, 2014, 03:40:54 PM »
    that's... no

It's probably incompatibility, I bet the server is sending 12 bits for player updating and you need 14 for galkon's refactored iirc

Sorry for not using the right words that's what I meant not sending the correct amount of bytes.
    Smart man.
    Runescape Gambling

OfflineEyeownyew

• View Profile
    « Reply #83 on: May 18, 2014, 03:48:37 PM »
    that's... no

Sorry for not using the right words that's what I meant not sending the correct amount of bytes.
    what annoyed me is you said client->server
    the client doesn't send anything

OfflineDan0194

• View Profile
    « Reply #84 on: May 18, 2014, 03:57:51 PM »
    that's... no

O my bad I thought the client sent the server the player updating or something.
    Smart man.

OfflineEyeownyew

• View Profile
    « Reply #85 on: May 18, 2014, 04:17:33 PM »
    that's... no

O my bad I thought the client sent the server the player updating or something.
    No haha the server sends the client the bits for the player updating, but different clients are modified to use a different number of bits for whatever reason. It could be headicons for bounty hunter or something

Offlinelare69

• View Profile
    « Reply #86 on: May 19, 2014, 01:55:34 AM »
    that's... no

^^ he's right, arham if you're looking for a fix you either need to remove a byte from the beginning of appearance updating
    hi. check out luna:)

Offlinetyrucca

• View Profile
    « Reply #87 on: May 22, 2014, 10:12:40 PM »
    Fantastic base, I've had no problems with getting things working. Good job lare96, you're the man. ;)

Offlinelare69

• View Profile
    « Reply #88 on: May 27, 2014, 12:37:11 PM »
    bump

OfflineEncryption

• View Profile
    « Reply #89 on: May 28, 2014, 09:48:28 PM »
    bump

What client did you use with your server? o.o
    Wont work no matter what I do. I cant find a place to put my IP.
    And there is way to many character files lol. At least post which one is owner :3

Offlinelare69

• View Profile
    « Reply #90 on: May 28, 2014, 10:25:27 PM »
    bump

2006memorys client, just because most of the problems that come with regular deobs were already fixed. any will work though.

Offlinearham 4

• View Profile
    « Reply #91 on: May 28, 2014, 10:57:37 PM »
    bump

2006memorys client, just because most of the problems that come with regular deobs were already fixed. any will work though.
    If you ever wish for your work to be actually used, start linking your clients on threads.
    lolol remember when mopar was a thing

Offlinexxxtilllyxxx

• View Profile
    « Reply #92 on: May 28, 2014, 11:27:00 PM »
    Task/Events/Workers
    Yeah, no more thread pool... simply because carrying out general game logic like that in parallel is not safe at all. A completely new cycle based task system has been designed to take its place.

I don't get this. Yes it's not safe in theory, but if you use correct asynchonrization and thread safety, it should perform better.
    [16:30] <Enforcer> it's the 2nd fastest prime factorization algorithm
    [16:30] <Enforcer> fkn complex
    [16:30] <Davidi2> fkn ur mom wasnt complex

Offlinelare69

• View Profile
    « Reply #93 on: May 29, 2014, 06:01:49 AM »
    If you ever wish for your work to be actually used, start linking your clients on threads.
    /forum.php -server/projects/551341-stonewall-something-new.html
    /forum.php -server/projects/552529-asteria-2-0-enakhra.html

both using asteria and i know tons of people that are using it that don't have development threads. if you can't even get a client to work on this i dont even think you should be using it tbh lol

Task/Events/Workers
    Yeah, no more thread pool... simply because carrying out general game logic like that in parallel is not safe at all. A completely new cycle based task system has been designed to take its place.

I don't get this. Yes it's not safe in theory, but if you use correct asynchonrization and thread safety, it should perform better.
    General game logic should not be carried out in parallel... yes if you apply proper synchronization it would be safe but it would be almost impossible to do so! If you reference another player in the task you have to put a lock on the player, then if that player references any other player you would have to put a lock on that player and so on... it would turn into a big mess, and would just end up being a 10x worse version of project insanity. Not to mention that 90% of people here don't even know what a concurrent lock is lol

Why do you think Graham released another task system to take place of the EventManager? He knew that carrying out general game logic on a thread different from the main game thread is retarded.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 06:06:11 AM by lare69 »

Offlinexxxtilllyxxx

• View Profile
    « Reply #94 on: May 29, 2014, 11:25:49 AM »

both using asteria and i know tons of people that are using it that don't have development threads. if you can't even get a client to work on this i dont even think you should be using it tbh lol

Task/Events/Workers

General game logic should not be carried out in parallel... yes if you apply proper synchronization it would be safe but it would be almost impossible to do so! If you reference another player in the task you have to put a lock on the player, then if that player references any other player you would have to put a lock on that player and so on... it would turn into a big mess, and would just end up being a 10x worse version of project insanity. Not to mention that 90% of people here don't even know what a concurrent lock is lol

Why do you think Graham released another task system to take place of the EventManager? He knew that carrying out general game logic on a thread different from the main game thread is retarded.

Yes but why do Graham, super_, blakeman, etc all try to develop parallel task systems? Carrying out EVERYTHING in parallel isn't obviously okay, but definitely some things are.
    [16:30] <Enforcer> it's the 2nd fastest prime factorization algorithm
    [16:30] <Enforcer> fkn complex
    [16:30] <Davidi2> fkn ur mom wasnt complex

OfflineAshi

• View Profile
    « Reply #95 on: May 29, 2014, 11:42:21 AM »
    xxxtilllyxxx

You don't want to use asynchonrization for events because that won't ensure thread safety because of how we've designed our servers. You'll want to queue them because you'll mess up the player if you have threads modifying the them at one time.

Offlinelare69

• View Profile
    « Reply #96 on: May 29, 2014, 02:20:07 PM »
    Yes but why do Graham, super_, blakeman, etc all try to develop parallel task systems? Carrying out EVERYTHING in parallel isn't obviously okay, but definitely some things are.
    idk about super_ but I can confirm that blake and graham don't try and develop parallel task systems... and even queuing them is dumb when you can just make the task system cycle based

the only thing player related that can really be carried out in parallel is player updating, and resetting the player after updating is complete (as long as no references to other players are made)

Quote from: Graham on rune-server
    Many people here have probably seen servers with my old "EventManager" code.

Unfortunately there are several issues with the event manager:

- Jagex has confirmed that all events run in a 600 millisecond cycle. The event manager does not enforce this and in fact events can be executed "out of phase" depending on how fast the server is. Therefore when using the event manager it is hard to keep the events timed perfectly.

- In most cases people did not ensure the code they executed within the events was thread-safe. This was necessary because the events were called from a different thread from the main game logic processing thread. Failing to use concurrent data structures or synchronization led to issues such as corrupting packets (causing client disconnection) or other strange things.

- The timing code could sometimes drift by several milliseconds due to use of the systemCurrentTimeMillis() method, which on some operating systems is only accurate to 10 milliseconds or so.

- The whole "EventContainer" concept was borked and an abstract class should have been used instead.

once again: having to put a concurrent lock on almost all tasks is retarded, cycle based is the way to go. everything in runescape is based off of the 600ms cycle anyway.
    « Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 02:22:24 PM by lare69 »

OfflineTatemo

• View Profile
    « Reply #97 on: May 29, 2014, 03:00:04 PM »

>releases server
    >doesn't want people to use it

OfflinePure_

• View Profile
    « Reply #98 on: May 29, 2014, 03:29:19 PM »
    IIRC RS uses a cyclic task system. SO HOW ABOUT WE DO IT?

As for super_, I doubt he bothers with such trivial matters anymore. His intelligence is better challenged elsewhere.
    i won the forum

Offlinelare69

• View Profile
    « Reply #99 on: May 29, 2014, 04:55:41 PM »
    >releases server
    >doesn't want people to use it
    >doesn't read the post properly
    >ends up looking stupid

if you can't even get a client to work on this i dont even think you should be using it tbh lol
    nowhere did I state I didn't want anyone to use it... I implied that if you can't even get it working properly you most likely aren't going to have a fun time developing on it

there are tons of people who don't link a client to the thread and the servers are still widely used lol
    « Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 04:57:43 PM by lare69 »

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.