RuneScape 2 Development > Downloads
The ONLY Mac OSX Client for 508 Servers! (IP CHANGER)
<<< (25/27) >>>
Moparisthebest:

--- Quote from: Davidi2 on April 30, 2010, 10:59:43 AM ---
--- Quote from: Moparisthebest on April 30, 2010, 03:04:36 AM ---Just saw this thread, but seeing as how it's still active I'll comment.

You have to be an idiot to make a mac only client, or even a windows only client.  The client is written in Java, which means if you don't screw it up it will run on all Operating Systems that can run a JVM.  MoparScape for example is a single client and will run and has been tested by me on Linux, Mac OSX and Windows, 317 and 508 versions so far, many more to come.

--- End quote ---
508 Clients do not work on Mac's for some reason. JavaIsMyBitch made it work on Mac, and while I agree he should have made it compatable with both rather than just Mac's, a lot of people were asking for it.

--- End quote ---

They do, I didn't do anything special with the 508 in MoparScape 4.0 and it "just works" on macs.  In fact runescape has always worked on macs, so if a runescape private server client doesn't, then whoever wrote it actually BROKE it.
Davidi2:

--- Quote from: Moparisthebest on April 30, 2010, 11:25:12 AM ---
--- Quote from: Davidi2 on April 30, 2010, 10:59:43 AM ---
--- Quote from: Moparisthebest on April 30, 2010, 03:04:36 AM ---Just saw this thread, but seeing as how it's still active I'll comment.

You have to be an idiot to make a mac only client, or even a windows only client.  The client is written in Java, which means if you don't screw it up it will run on all Operating Systems that can run a JVM.  MoparScape for example is a single client and will run and has been tested by me on Linux, Mac OSX and Windows, 317 and 508 versions so far, many more to come.

--- End quote ---
508 Clients do not work on Mac's for some reason. JavaIsMyBitch made it work on Mac, and while I agree he should have made it compatable with both rather than just Mac's, a lot of people were asking for it.

--- End quote ---

They do, I didn't do anything special with the 508 in MoparScape 4.0 and it "just works" on macs.  In fact runescape has always worked on macs, so if a runescape private server client doesn't, then whoever wrote it actually BROKE it.

--- End quote ---
Idk who wrote it :/
ziplock:
/Palmface

The client is programed in Java (A top-level language) which can be ran on any operating system...
Java Is My Bitch:
Yea we all know java's universal, this is for people who really didnt have a clue on how to execute java applets with the terminal. If you download it theres a easy to use run script. Also the reason why the client i based this of didn't work was because it saved the cache in the wrong place.
Davidi2:

--- Quote from: Java Is My Bitch on May 01, 2010, 08:36:49 AM ---Yea we all know java's universal, this is for people who really didnt have a clue on how to execute java applets with the terminal. If you download it theres a easy to use run script. Also the reason why the client i based this of didn't work was because it saved the cache in the wrong place.

--- End quote ---
Oh ok. I didn't understand what you did to it. (I never downloaded it)
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version