Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • B50: Sever error what happen
      May 22, 2018, 08:23:40 PM
    • The Soul: 10 years later
      May 21, 2018, 05:23:10 PM
    • The Soul: wow people are still here?
      May 21, 2018, 05:19:27 PM
    • Wilkooo: and apologies to the OG forum guys on behalf of that fudgewit dr house that pretty much killed this entire domain
      May 21, 2018, 04:14:28 PM
    • Wilkooo: shoutout to all those that played back in the beginning, all new people that hang around now seem to be pretty braindead
      May 21, 2018, 04:13:54 PM
    • Wilkooo: born sep 2016 - died whenever pink eggs resigned
      May 21, 2018, 04:11:29 PM
    • Wilkooo: Rip moparscape rsps
      May 21, 2018, 04:11:10 PM
    • puta loca: or what section can i ask this
      May 21, 2018, 05:45:08 AM
    • puta loca: does someoen has platinum ps v2 files?
      May 21, 2018, 05:44:59 AM
    • w azza 3: server down??
      May 21, 2018, 05:07:47 AM
    • charmie: rippppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
      May 20, 2018, 09:03:41 PM
    • Tesco Value: eco reset? :o
      May 20, 2018, 08:54:27 PM
    • Tesco Value: aw is server down? :P
      May 20, 2018, 08:54:03 PM
    • mandmgalaxy: is the game down?
      May 20, 2018, 08:05:07 PM
    • bliss death: i believe 95% of the community disliked this change heavily as it came out of nowhere. and the fact you clear ironmen banks as well. terrible change. disappointed.
      May 20, 2018, 06:08:36 PM
    • bliss death: just wondering when the server is gonna be fixed and reverted
      May 20, 2018, 06:07:36 PM
    • Saltyspade10: I'll be back ;)
      May 15, 2018, 04:43:53 PM
    • Nunubuffs:[link]
      May 15, 2018, 12:06:25 PM
    • Nunubuffs: .info god
      May 15, 2018, 12:05:40 PM
    • Nunubuffs: Www.scaperune
      May 15, 2018, 12:05:25 PM

Author Topic: Economy Talk  (Read 572 times)

OfflineIonicForce

• View Profile
    Economy Talk
    « on: September 13, 2016, 12:20:06 PM »
    Hi Kataclysms here

Its come to my attention people have been worried a bit about the current state of the economy. This stems mostly from about 2 different chief complaints and 2 minor ones.  The Referral System and the D claws issue. And then the minor issues, of the gambler and M boxes. First off, I have been here all of about 3 days, and may not be 100% correct in my assessment of what I've seen on the server, its just an opinion. However, I've been on RSPS for over 8 years now, with extensive experience as a owner, admin, mod, player and a scrub donator..(I know its my shame.) across multiple platforms so some of this stuff just comes off differently. Again its an opinion.

First off,

1) The Referral System - This system is a wonderful idea to get people to..Well..Get people. It rewards players who actively seek out players and because its automated the staff don't have to deal with it..Or so we thought. The system is not perfect unfortunately and apparently you can abuse it by creating multiple accounts. I would suggest an IP Check, but this takes extensive knowledge to implement and its not hard for people to change their external IPS. The chief issue with this is people can flood the eco with donor items, which...Donors already do this. But the issue with that is that donors make up a small percentage of the server. Especially with a player base reaching 100+. Yes, regular players can access the Donor store with donor points which is fine. Its not fine if a majority of the base is flooding the system with items. But that doesn't even compare to the annoyance that is..

2) D claws Abuse - Dragon claws are technically priced at 50m-60m. So its no surprise people got bothered when people found out you can sell them to the "GENERAL" store for 113m. This introduces a mass quantity of coins into the eco. It is not a problem normally when people sell stuff to get coins out of stores, its a normal part of server trade. But when you produce that much, given that d claws can be gotten out of boxes and donor store, you might end up with ruined ECO. Almost all ECO servers suffer from a degree of inflation but this is easily abusable to cause some issues in the current ECO when it comes to coin to item trade. Again, I cannot be 100% correct on this, because again, I'm technically a 3 day scrub. It just seems people are worried about it and it might need some attention.

Minor issues include,

3) Gambler - I love this guy. He makes you cry, whether its happiness or sadness. He completely eliminates items out of the Eco and he can introduce them at 5x+. Hes not a problem because gambling is unreliable way of money, but again with 100+ players it does slowly start leaning towards introducing items. Its not enough to be significant, just something to keep in mind as the server well grows. But hes honestly miniscule in comparison to..

4) Mystery Boxes - These things are boxes of confusion. Like the gambler, its random chance, with the exception that you don't lose items and gain insignificant profit or ridiculous profit (You can get dclaws from these. ) Most peoples reaction to opening boxes is going to be usually meh unless an amazing item is pulled. But more often then not I've gone through an entire day with multiple people pulling ags, d claws, d hammer and so on. Again, its a server of 100+ with a average base hovering around 70-90 not at peak times, so this is expected but I almost feel like boxes are..Well Buffed slightly. I'm problely overexaggerating and you can ignore this nooblet, but just something to keep in mind.

Thats about it from what I've seen and heard so far. Other people feel free to contribute to this Conversation about ECO. Remember, these are peoples opinions and not things to just throw into the drain.

RS2Ad banner

Offlinedrubrkletern

• Absolute Legend
      • View Profile
    Re: Economy Talk
    « Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 12:47:52 PM »
    Hi,
    Thanks for joining the community! (This is an automated message, please do not respond.)
    As with all newcomers, we would appreciate if you looked at the rules[/url] to get an idea of how the forums work.
    For any questions concerning this bot or the rules, please contact our new Head Moderator, Casey.
    Have a good day!

~ App_Bot
    "Moparscape is the oldest Runescape private server community. We have been active since 2007.

- Mitb, Founder"
    ez   infraction king
    RS2Ad banner

OfflineResent

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 01:34:10 PM »
    Hi Kataclysms here

Its come to my attention people have been worried a bit about the current state of the economy. This stems mostly from about 2 different chief complaints and 2 minor ones.  The Referral System and the D claws issue. And then the minor issues, of the gambler and M boxes. First off, I have been here all of about 3 days, and may not be 100% correct in my assessment of what I've seen on the server, its just an opinion. However, I've been on RSPS for over 8 years now, with extensive experience as a owner, admin, mod, player and a scrub donator..(I know its my shame.) across multiple platforms so some of this stuff just comes off differently. Again its an opinion.

First off,

1) The Referral System - This system is a wonderful idea to get people to..Well..Get people. It rewards players who actively seek out players and because its automated the staff don't have to deal with it..Or so we thought. The system is not perfect unfortunately and apparently you can abuse it by creating multiple accounts. I would suggest an IP Check, but this takes extensive knowledge to implement and its not hard for people to change their external IPS. The chief issue with this is people can flood the eco with donor items, which...Donors already do this. But the issue with that is that donors make up a small percentage of the server. Especially with a player base reaching 100+. Yes, regular players can access the Donor store with donor points which is fine. Its not fine if a majority of the base is flooding the system with items. But that doesn't even compare to the annoyance that is..

2) D claws Abuse - Dragon claws are technically priced at 50m-60m. So its no surprise people got bothered when people found out you can sell them to the "GENERAL" store for 113m. This introduces a mass quantity of coins into the eco. It is not a problem normally when people sell stuff to get coins out of stores, its a normal part of server trade. But when you produce that much, given that d claws can be gotten out of boxes and donor store, you might end up with ruined ECO. Almost all ECO servers suffer from a degree of inflation but this is easily abusable to cause some issues in the current ECO when it comes to coin to item trade. Again, I cannot be 100% correct on this, because again, I'm technically a 3 day scrub. It just seems people are worried about it and it might need some attention.

Minor issues include,

3) Gambler - I love this guy. He makes you cry, whether its happiness or sadness. He completely eliminates items out of the Eco and he can introduce them at 5x+. Hes not a problem because gambling is unreliable way of money, but again with 100+ players it does slowly start leaning towards introducing items. Its not enough to be significant, just something to keep in mind as the server well grows. But hes honestly miniscule in comparison to..

4) Mystery Boxes - These things are boxes of confusion. Like the gambler, its random chance, with the exception that you don't lose items and gain insignificant profit or ridiculous profit (You can get dclaws from these. ) Most peoples reaction to opening boxes is going to be usually meh unless an amazing item is pulled. But more often then not I've gone through an entire day with multiple people pulling ags, d claws, d hammer and so on. Again, its a server of 100+ with a average base hovering around 70-90 not at peak times, so this is expected but I almost feel like boxes are..Well Buffed slightly. I'm problely overexaggerating and you can ignore this nooblet, but just something to keep in mind.

Thats about it from what I've seen and heard so far. Other people feel free to contribute to this Conversation about ECO. Remember, these are peoples opinions and not things to just throw into the drain.

1.) I agree with this. As far as taking knowledge to implement an IP check, it shouldn't be difficult to do at all. When it comes to players changing IPs, the reward for a referral should be lowered and accounts should be capped at allowing no more than 3 referrals per day.

2.) Claws are a mess, one because they're OP just as they were on Furious PK, and two because they're 113m selling ability to the general store is a quick way to destroy the economy.

3.) Gambler is an even quicker way to destroy the economy, should be removed in my opinion.

4.) Don't know enough about mystery boxes to have a viable opinion.

I'm hoping administration will be taking a look at this feedback and the opinions of the community.
    RS2Ad banner

OfflineIonicForce

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 09:01:24 PM »
    I think the gambler is a hit and miss for most people. It eats up more then it provides usually but in that rare edge case that you bet 20 noted d claws and win...Ya..

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.