Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • Will Tait: Check out this 2012 runescape video i did [link]
      July 18, 2019, 10:21:33 PM
    • Will Tait: Sorry to spam but
      July 18, 2019, 10:21:31 PM
    • hodford: generic-x . c0m is the best
      July 18, 2019, 02:32:34 AM
    • Cole1497: this shout box is diarrhetic
      July 15, 2019, 04:53:27 PM
    • PavSwag: autoscape,0rg free ultra M box today (twisted bow??)
      July 13, 2019, 04:54:43 PM
      July 13, 2019, 04:34:05 PM
    • rune-list:[link] RuneScape Private Servers List & Community.
      July 12, 2019, 12:25:23 AM
    • ragnoroker: Join PoonScape today! amazing new server - growing fast! [link]
      July 11, 2019, 10:31:15 AM
    • ragnoroker: Join PoonScape today! amazing new server - growing fast! [link]
      July 11, 2019, 10:31:11 AM
      July 10, 2019, 05:27:05 AM
      July 10, 2019, 05:10:40 AM
      July 10, 2019, 04:43:07 AM
    • ArtexAdv: Artex-rsps,com [link] (BRAND NEW SERVER)
      July 08, 2019, 07:59:48 PM
    • ArtexAdv:[link] (BRAND NEW SERVER)
      July 08, 2019, 07:59:31 PM
      July 08, 2019, 07:03:33 PM
      July 08, 2019, 07:03:16 PM
      July 08, 2019, 06:59:50 PM
    • dan v jad: guys join PkOwnage today!! Great new server, raids, eco, PK! Discord [link] homepage [link]
      July 07, 2019, 10:59:48 AM
    • ragnoroker: Join PoonScape today! amazing new server - growing fast! - [link]
      July 07, 2019, 08:19:24 AM
    • ragnoroker: Join PoonScape today! amazing new server - growing fast! - [link]
      July 07, 2019, 08:19:04 AM

Author Topic: State of the Donor Zone  (Read 683 times)

OfflineWeis

• View Profile
    State of the Donor Zone
    « on: September 02, 2017, 01:31:37 PM »
    So, I've been playing Moparscape for roughly a week now, I've bossed, slayed, skilled and even donated to the server.

I think this server plays smoothly, has great staff and has a lot of potential if certain things were changed/added.
    But I'm not here to discuss an addition to the game along the lines of items, bosses or even prayer curses.

Today, I want to talk about the state of the exclusive zone for those who have donated their hard earned money to support the server; the Donor Zone.
    In the time that I've been playing, I've seen both Donors and Non-Donors discuss the state of the Donor Zone in multiple chats.
    Becoming a Donor has multiple advantages, but today I'm going to just look at one of these advantages; the Donor Zone.

Now, here are the facts:

The Donor zone has some "exclusive" things to it, one truly exclusive thing to it and a lot of convenience to it.
    I would group these as follows:

Real Exclusive:
    The Level 90 Thieving stall that rewards you with coins when you steal from it.

"Exclusive":
    The Donor Zone Slayer Cave, which has enemies grouped more tightly together than usual, but these enemies can still be found in other parts of the game.

Convenience:
    The skilling objects located in the Donor Zone.
    These include high-end skilling objects such as Magic Trees and Runite Ore, the latter of which is a huge convenience, since it is out of the wildy and almost next to a bank.

Personally, I think the Donator Zone has too little exclusives that really have an impact.
    Sure, not having to go into the wildy for Runite Ore is nice, but it is not really a big deal in my opinion.
    The Slayer Cave is nice, but I've had more instances where the Slayer Cave was more crowded (Because of the fewer number of mobs) than the Slayer Tower in terms of Abyssal Demons or Taverly Dungeon in terms of Dark Beasts. Again, making it not really that much of a deal in my opinion.

My feedback:
    Something has to change to the Donator Zone.
    In its current state it feels incredibly unfinished and not really like an exclusive zone.
    Most people I see there are either staff or AFK training Woodcutting/Mining.

My Suggestion to fix this:
    Add some exclusive stuff to the Donator Zone, but things that do not impact regular gameplay too much.

There could be Manta Ray fishing spots implemented into the waters in the Donor Zone, so that Donors can get food to merch if they have the required levels, making skilling also more lucrative as a result.

We could add stores with items that are normally on the lower-end of ticket systems, such as Extreme Combat Potions or Overloads, but for money instead of tickets.
    This way, we add some convenience and alleviate the grind a bit for Donors, but we don't give them unfair or impossible advantages at the same time.

In my opinion, the Skilling Objects should also be changed.
    They currently will run out (So a tree becomes a stump, a Runite Vein will run dry) and I agree with that decision, but they should also give a something little extra.
    Maybe a 10% Experience increase over the regular versions would help make these skilling options stand out from the rest of the world for Donors, so the zone will be more populated.

Sometimes, Donor Zones have their own instances of certain bosses for Donors, like the Godwards bosses. Personally, I feel conflicted about this idea.
    On one hand I support it, since most Godwars bosses are almost always crowded and crashing is a dick move.
    On the other hand, this is very borderline of an advantage that could be considered straight out "Too good" and it will piss people off.

In short: I think the Donor Zone as it stands now is unfinished and could (AND SHOULD) be improved upon, but we have to be careful about what we add to this zone to keep it fair and balanced for people who cannot (Or do not want to) pay real-word currency to support the server.

These are just my thoughts and my suggestions on the Donor Zone and its current state, feel free to discuss or leave additional suggestions in the thread below.

-Jari
    Runescape Gambling

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.