Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • AutoScapeM: Join autoscape,0rg fun events daily for infernal mystery boxes only server with Infernal Twisted Bow
      September 19, 2019, 11:57:33 PM
    • AutoScapeM: Join autoscape,0rg fun events daily for infernal mystery boxes only server with Infernal Twisted Bow
      September 19, 2019, 11:57:30 PM
      September 19, 2019, 11:57:25 PM
      September 19, 2019, 11:57:19 PM
    • PavSwag: try autoscape,0rg today i will personally help you get RICH and well KNOWN - pav
      September 19, 2019, 12:36:06 PM
    • PavSwag: try autoscape,0rg today i will personally help you get RICH and well KNOWN - pav
      September 19, 2019, 12:35:49 PM
    • Codar: Come join us while we're fresh we're growing fast!! @ [link]
      September 18, 2019, 09:30:25 PM
    • Codar: New RSPS come check us out! @ [link]
      September 18, 2019, 04:07:24 AM
    • Codar: Released a new server come check us out! @ [link]
      September 18, 2019, 02:08:23 AM
    • ragnoroker: RuneGuild will be hosting some tournaments later to win some mystery boxes, join here : [link]
      September 16, 2019, 09:50:10 AM
    • calemx: death's-server has officially been released, come check us out  - [link]
      September 13, 2019, 04:14:21 AM
      September 12, 2019, 12:26:40 PM
    • cbrophy: would my account from 2013 work?
      September 12, 2019, 05:04:43 AM
    • ragnoroker: RuneGuild has officially been released, come check us out - [link]
      September 11, 2019, 11:26:35 AM
    • ragnoroker: RuneGuild has officially been released, come check us out - [link]
      September 11, 2019, 11:26:31 AM
    • ragnoroker: RuneGuild is due to be released tomorrow! First few players will recieve some goodies. Sign up on our website [link] Join our discord for updates [link]
      September 07, 2019, 07:43:28 PM
    • ragnoroker: RuneGuild is due to be released tomorrow! First few players will recieve some goodies. Sign up on our website [link] Join our discord for updates [link]
      September 07, 2019, 07:42:59 PM
    • ChrisMeadows: Yo, what's the forum's discord?
      September 04, 2019, 08:33:06 PM
    • newerarsps: i cannot register to rsps list anyone can help?
      September 01, 2019, 11:24:00 PM
    • PavSwag: Date Registered: July 03, 2012, 03:54:45 PM Think im just as good vet as u man, + I have over 80B in rs3 think im good on anyones 100k ass lookin bank b oi
      August 27, 2019, 10:48:09 AM

Author Topic: The State of Range & Ruby (e) Bolts  (Read 1577 times)

OfflineWeis

• View Profile
    The State of Range & Ruby (e) Bolts
    « on: September 04, 2017, 02:00:49 PM »
    Hello Moparscape Community,

This is the third forum post I'm making, and it's about the state of Ranging and the effect of Enchanted Ruby Bolts has on it.
    As many of you know, Ruby (e) Bolts can be used to hit some really nice and high numbers, at the cost of a small percentage of your health.
    Ruby Bolts are calculated in this fashion:

"Enchanted ruby bolts are given the special power, Blood Forfeit, which gives the bolts a chance of removing 20% of the opponent's current Hitpoints but at the cost of 10% of the player's current Hitpoints."

Keyword being "Current" here.

Whilst testing, the behaviour of the Ruby (e) Bolts seems to be wildly inaccurate with the information on the OSRS Wiki.
    When battling bosses, the Ruby (e) Bolts will often ignore the "Current" part, as I have been able to hit 80+ on a Kree'Arra that had roughly 10% HP left.

Seeing as Kree'Arra only has 255 Hitpoints, (255 * 0,2) 51 will be added to my max hit of roughly 25.
    Such a high hit as 80 shouldn't even be possible at full health, but the game still lets you do it.

Let's put that aside for now and take a look at its competitors:
    Diamond (e) Bolts and Dragonstone (e) Bolts.

These bolts are SIGNIFICANTLY weaker than the Ruby (e) Bolts with its broken effect, whilst they should be more powerful than them.
    They use Runite Bolts as their base instead of Adamant Bolts, plus they have some strong effects of themselves.

1. Enchanted diamond bolts have an Armour Piercing enchantment which increases the max hit by 15%.
    2. Enchanted dragonstone bolts are enchanted with the Dragon's breath enchantment. This gives the bolts a chance of inflicting a dragonfire hit against their target, dealing 45% extra damage. If the target has an anti-dragon shield or dragonfire shield, used an anti-fire potion, or are a 'fire type' creature, such as a dragon, then the special effect will not activate. The special has a 6% chance to activate.

The 15% for the Diamond (e) Bolts might not seem much, but it is actually a nice bonus seeing that it can proc quite often. Combine that with the fact that the Runite bolts that are the base for these bolts have a higher "Range Strength", your hits should be quite similar to that of a Working-As-Intended Ruby (e) Setup.

Due to the Dragonstone (e) Bolts having such a low proc chance, their damage can be wildly inconsistent, but they should still net a higher DPS than the Ruby (e) and Diamond (e) Bolts.

However, due to the fact that the Ruby (e) Bolts seem to ignore the "Current" part of their effect, they are overpowered and leave other options impressively unappealing to use, including the entire Magic category when it comes to damage.

In short: The Ruby (e) Bolts are not working as intended and are overpowered because of it. Please fix this issue so the more expensive (And at base more powerful) Diamond (e) and Dragonstone (e) Bolts can be viable in a PvE environment.

As always, let me know what you think in-game, in Discord or in the thread on the Forums.

-Jari
    Runescape Gambling

Offlinedrubrkletern

• Absolute Legend
      • View Profile
    Re: The State of Range & Ruby (e) Bolts
    « Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 02:04:13 PM »
    agreed
    "Moparscape is the oldest Runescape private server community. We have been active since 2007.

- Mitb, Founder"
    ez   infraction king
    Runescape Gambling

Offlinegoodgame1234

• First Time Poster
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 08:44:14 AM »
    I really like the post about the bolts.
    The biggest issue i have is that emerald bolts e dont work.
    It will be nice if it would work for bossing.
    Runescape Gambling

OfflineTesco Value

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 08:25:48 AM »
    Erm diamond bolts are adamant not rune, just sayin’

Offlinedrubrkletern

• Absolute Legend
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 04:07:01 AM »
    bump
    "Moparscape is the oldest Runescape private server community. We have been active since 2007.

- Mitb, Founder"
    ez   infraction king

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.