Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • gogata: holy crap time to make a rsps again 10 years later since i made this acc LOL
      Today at 03:23:51 PM
    • hodford: yo autoscape has keylogger in cache, ive been member in this community since 2011
      August 20, 2019, 08:57:42 PM
    • E S C O B A R: Anyone able to help me, i'm trying to find a decent source/client to start from , I haven't been near a laptop in over two years . Does much people still play RSPS's also?
      August 19, 2019, 04:52:38 PM
    • dan v jad: Great osrsps experience - check us out - join on discord! dxp, dpoints [link]
      August 19, 2019, 09:50:00 AM
    • ragnoroker: Brand new server! Double EXP is enabled right now aswell as other events! - [link]
      August 18, 2019, 07:14:43 AM
    • ragnoroker: Brand new server! Double EXP is enabled right now aswell as other events! - [link]
      August 18, 2019, 07:14:35 AM
    • puppajohn: Come and join us today for amazing content !
      August 16, 2019, 10:26:16 PM
    • puppajohn:[link] come and join us now! you have donator on your server? no problem we restore your donator credits and symbol ! free M box on loggins
      August 16, 2019, 10:26:02 PM
    • PavSwag: autoscape,0rg kill REVS for chance of TWISTED BOW || EP GETS YOU OSRS GP TOKENS
      August 15, 2019, 05:13:07 PM
    • hodford: autoscape,0rg is actually fudgein lit as come check it out
      August 13, 2019, 02:59:58 AM
    • ragnoroker: Brand new server! Hosting Raids Event all day + More! - 20+ online, Join today [link]
      August 11, 2019, 07:45:49 AM
    • ragnoroker: Brand new server! Hosting Raids Event all day + More! - 20+ online, Join today [link]
      August 11, 2019, 07:45:46 AM
    • PavSwag: autoscape,0rg kill REVS for chance of TWISTED BOW
      August 08, 2019, 07:29:43 PM
    • ragnoroker:Brand new server! Endless Content - Mature Players/Staff - 20+ online, Join today [link]
      August 08, 2019, 11:05:53 AM
    • ragnoroker:Brand new server! Endless Content - Mature Players/Staff - 20+ online, Join today [link]
      August 08, 2019, 11:05:46 AM
    • asshole_rule: bernie sanders
      August 06, 2019, 07:54:02 PM
    • PavSwag: #AS 100M OSRS GP GIVEAWAY!! [link] 317 Oldschool RuneScape Private Server emulating core factors of the game with a strong economy and balance of experience to bossing and prestiging -Receive DONATOR Perks by maxing to 99s- Lumbridge remade - Login with a starter set of armour and items - PK District - Preloading sets - Activity points for training - All Skills Working, Skilling Island, Skilling Pets, Skilling Rewards - All Working Max Capes - 25+ Bosses with Pets - Superior Slayer Encounters - Player Owned Shops - Minigames, Construction, Sawmill, Warriors Guild, Pest Control, Barrows (with pets), Fight Caves, Inferno Caves, Chambers of Xeric, Custom Raids - NPC Drop Table, Kills Tracker, Points Tracker, Extra settings. - Doubled Xp & Points Weekends - Vote System - Vote4Donor - Competitive Highscores - Tons of Content - Join us today for bonus giveaways and free ultra mystery box upon login!   Official YouTube Media: [youtube]P5D0eXEmjA4[/youtube] Join NOW Ill personally give you Ultra Mystery Boxes (Twisted Bow??) Im the Developer :smiley: Heres the Discord:  [link] BTW 100m OSRS GP Giveaways WEEKLY!
      August 05, 2019, 01:05:53 PM
    • ragnoroker: Brand new server! Endless Content - Mature Players/Staff - 20+ online, Join today :) - [link]
      August 05, 2019, 12:48:52 PM
    • ragnoroker: Brand new server! Endless Content - Mature Players/Staff - 20+ online, Join today :) - [link]
      August 05, 2019, 12:48:47 PM
    • suelo: does the search not work on here?
      August 05, 2019, 02:12:08 AM

Author Topic: Codename::World - Freeform sandbox dynamic voxel game  (Read 23714 times)

OfflineLin

• View Profile
    Re: Codename::World - Freeform sandbox dynamic voxel game
    « Reply #140 on: August 17, 2015, 07:08:27 PM »
    Thank you very much everyone for the positive feedback. It's very encouraging. I'll get around to releasing wallpapers soon, but in the meantime, here's a progress update. I don't have anything to show because I've been having some real life problems, but I've been doing lots of researching and toying with ways to improve the performance. It's at the point where I'm seriously considering redoing the core and water physics, maybe getting rid of colored lights, and considering what direction to take textures if the level of detail thing works out.

I really don't want to start the whole world processing stage over again, but after looking at Seed of Andromeda and other voxel engines, it inspired me to re-think what's possible. I've taken a lot of shortcuts to get where I am now, but they're not paying off. Recently some of the optimizations I've made have made draining the ocean almost possible without lag, but without redoing water physics entirely, water doesn't settle quick enough to prevent lag and upwards of 60K+ updates. These kinds of things need to be multi-threaded, which they aren't, and just everything sort of needs to be cleaned up. Cache hits are pretty trash after I discovered I could profile those, and I've thought of ways to really save on memory that would require the core to be ripped out anyways.

The whole reason this is even a concern is because it's going to inhibit gameplay. I've planned for fast physics and massive destruction, but unless the game runs extremely well, neither of those can be implemented and that's going to really ruin some of the game. So, I'm considering creating a test project using cube voxels where I implement a massive world and level-of-detail and once it's done, build it into C::W. Thanks all for the support so far and hopefully this won't take long, and more importantly, it will pay off. :)

TL;DR - I'm possibly redoing the core to allow for massive render distances, faster world loading, better water physics, and overall better performance.
    <ry60003333> i was too busy waiting for this dollar i found on the floor to respawn
    <Avail> so it's pretty cool to throw my penis around
    A tree falls out of the bird's nest.

:palm:
    Runescape Gambling

OfflineMikeyzzz

• View Profile
    « Reply #141 on: September 08, 2015, 04:55:30 AM »
    update pls.
    I would lick this person.
    hi my name is lizzie the penguin, I'm a lesbien...
    Runescape Gambling

OfflineLin

• View Profile
    « Reply #142 on: September 08, 2015, 03:45:15 PM »
    Last night I finally got nearly the full version of adaptive dual contouring working:

From this step, it's implementing a proper QEF solver (right now I use a set of pre-calculated points and use the one with the smallest error), mesh simplification (comes with proper QEF solving), some optimizations, editing mesh, chunk-based level of detail, and more. Everything is coming along guys, don't worry. Real life issues are getting in the way but I'm still giving this my all. :)
    <ry60003333> i was too busy waiting for this dollar i found on the floor to respawn
    <Avail> so it's pretty cool to throw my penis around
    A tree falls out of the bird's nest.

:palm:
    Runescape Gambling

OfflineMikeyzzz

• View Profile
    « Reply #143 on: September 10, 2015, 10:46:16 PM »
    Keep us updated <3 this has potential if you do it right.

OfflinestCky

• View Profile
    « Reply #144 on: August 08, 2016, 10:43:43 PM »
    This aint no necro bump

This is a necro UPDATE PLS
    HOLD CTRL AND TYPE "WTF" FOR ℱ𝓪𝓷𝓬𝔂 𝓦𝓣ℱ

OfflineMikeyzzz

• View Profile
    « Reply #145 on: August 10, 2016, 07:50:25 AM »
    This aint no necro bump

This is a necro UPDATE PLS
    Yes please.

Offlinedrubrkletern

• Absolute Legend
      • View Profile
    « Reply #146 on: March 16, 2017, 09:31:33 PM »
    hi
    "Moparscape is the oldest Runescape private server community. We have been active since 2007.

- Mitb, Founder"
    ez   infraction king

OfflinestCky

• View Profile
    « Reply #147 on: March 16, 2017, 11:07:16 PM »
    follow ya boi on twitter for updates on his cool shit
    HOLD CTRL AND TYPE "WTF" FOR ℱ𝓪𝓷𝓬𝔂 𝓦𝓣ℱ

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.