General Interests & Hobbies > Games

Automation - The Car Company Tycoon Game

(1/5) >>>

tyb97:
This game just got put on steam, like yesterday, and even in it's very early access it's awesome. Anyone here who's into building vehicles and motors, and playing sandbox games, this is something you'd enjoy.

Built this big block which tested at 1500HP @ 5500RPM (graph to the left doesn't read properly unless the motor is actually running). it's really in depth. From choosing what material to make the heads out of, to the compression, to the exhaust system you get to design the whole motor and then throw it in a car you get to build yourself. (Vehicle builder isn't very in-depth, yet.). Anyways, they're adding a multiplayer mode, eventually, let me know if anyone gets it so we can try the multiplayer out, when released.

Davidi2:
Not sure about the longevity of such a limited type of sim. Are you actually managing a company that sells cars, having to balance a budget or anything like that? Building your own shop? Or is this literally a glorified Lego creations editor (with less freedom) that they expect you to pay 30 dollars for? If it is literally just a tool to build your own model cars I'd probably expect it to cost 10-15, not 30.

tyb97:

--- Quote from: Davidi2 on March 13, 2015, 01:04:09 PM ---Not sure about the longevity of such a limited type of sim. Are you actually managing a company that sells cars, having to balance a budget or anything like that? Building your own shop? Or is this literally a glorified Lego creations editor (with less freedom) that they expect you to pay 30 dollars for? If it is literally just a tool to build your own model cars I'd probably expect it to cost 10-15, not 30.

--- End quote ---
Right now it's in very early access and you can only build the cars, at this moment. Now they've begun working on the tycoon mode, which will allow you to run your own car manufacturing company, handling financing, customer demand and what not.

sk8rdude461:
Why couldn't they just wait and release the game with the tycoon mode?
Why does everyone support buying early access games? You're buying an incomplete product in hopes that they finish it.
besiege (besieged?) is the only early access game I bought, and that was because it was under $10.

tyb97:

--- Quote from: sk8rdude461 on March 13, 2015, 02:20:41 PM ---Why couldn't they just wait and release the game with the tycoon mode?
Why does everyone support buying early access games? You're buying an incomplete product in hopes that they finish it.
besiege (besieged?) is the only early access game I bought, and that was because it was under $10.

--- End quote ---
Early access games are something people tend to take both sides on. I support them personally, it parallels with donating on Kickstarter to a certain degree, giving them money in hopes it will be finished. Can't complain too much there, in the games current state, I enjoy it thoroughly only because these are the types of things I like, I'll probably spend more time in sandbox than tycoon mode even when it is released.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version