General Category > General Discussion

Post your setup

<<< (24/52) >>>

ox random xi:

--- Quote from: chillwitm888 on July 25, 2013, 05:06:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: Tutorial on July 25, 2013, 01:54:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: chillwitm888 on July 23, 2013, 11:20:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: Tutorial on July 21, 2013, 04:00:19 PM ---[img]https://i.gyazo.com/e994f00134aeb0427dfc110688060e89.png img]
Sorry about the bad quality, but this phone takes really high resolution pictures and I had to downscale it.

--- End quote ---
is that titanus case? anyways do you mind telling me your specs?

--- End quote ---
It's a Cooler Master Storm Trooper Series case, and sure:

* CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 650
* RAM: 8GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 667MHz
* Motherboard: FOXCONN 2AB1
* GPU: 2GB GeForce GTX 660ti (EVGA)My motherboard, processor and RAM are still OEM, but I plan on upgrading all of them within the next couple of months. I will possibly even consider converting over to liquid cooling, but I don't really find it necessary unless I want a quiet computer that will handle extreme overclocking, which I don't really plan on doing.

--- End quote ---
How much did u pay for it?  Around 1200 usd? I would guess if this system is a year or older
Cuz I'm going to college soon and I'm planning or considering my pc
I might buy a Clevo off eBay with sli 680ms and add the processor and battery my self
Or I might jus screw it and get a gaming laptop from Lenovo
Desktop is not portable enough
I would like to take it to classes

--- End quote ---
buy a desktop for your dorm and a netbook for classes ~$200 ish and it's perfectly portable.

Tutorial:

--- Quote from: ox random xi on July 25, 2013, 05:03:52 PM ---
--- Quote from: Tutorial on July 21, 2013, 04:00:19 PM ---
Sorry about the bad quality, but this phone takes really high resolution pictures and I had to downscale it.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

* GPU: 2GB GeForce GTX 660ti (EVGA)My motherboard, processor and RAM are still OEM, but I plan on upgrading all of them within the next couple of months. I will possibly even consider converting over to liquid cooling, but I don't really find it necessary unless I want a quiet computer that will handle extreme overclocking, which I don't really plan on doing.

--- End quote ---
and what's your current profession?

--- End quote ---
What do you mean current profession? I'm currently a senior in high school, but I would like to major in computer engineering or computer science whenever I graduate and go to college.

--- Quote from: chillwitm888 on July 25, 2013, 05:06:23 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
How much did u pay for it?  Around 1200 usd? I would guess if this system is a year or older
Cuz I'm going to college soon and I'm planning or considering my pc
I might buy a Clevo off eBay with sli 680ms and add the processor and battery my self
Or I might jus screw it and get a gaming laptop from Lenovo
Desktop is not portable enough
I would like to take it to classes

--- End quote ---
My computer is very portable (there is actually a handle under the headset), but it is fairly heavy. I've only put around $500 into my system, because as I said, most of the core components are OEM, mainly due to the fact that I purchased it at a local retailer, although it was $800. I'm debating between what processor to get, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with this (along with this motherboard, so I can go SLI with my current GPU):
Motherboard: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007RIFKUS/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1
CPU: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007SZ0EOW/ref=gno_cart_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
I'm aware that 4th gen has been released, and the performance is better, but only a small scale. I'm not sure if I would want to spend the extra $50 to do this or not, because I would also have to find a new motherboard to support the CPU socket.

ox random xi:

--- Quote from: Tutorial on July 25, 2013, 10:37:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: ox random xi on July 25, 2013, 05:03:52 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
and what's your current profession?

--- End quote ---
What do you mean current profession? I'm currently a senior in high school, but I would like to major in computer engineering or computer science whenever I graduate and go to college.

--- End quote ---
so you haven't payed for ANY of this then?

Tom:
Nice setup, Tutorial. I'm slowly upgrading my stuff (both components and desk setup etc) I've been doing it over the past few years, I went from a second hand old HP machine with 512MB of RAM, and dismal components to my current setup:

It's not the best (HD 7750 OC, i5, 8gb of ram, 1.5TB of HD space) but it's a massive improvement, I'm looking to buy a GTX 660ti at some point, or perhaps a 560 ti :)

Figured I'd post this seasonal quote as well considering somebody will end up diverging into the topic:

--- Quote ---There is really nothing more irritating than a child who has everything. Just think about it. Sure, it's all well and nice but what will they do when mummy and daddy are no longer around? I'll tell you what they'll do, the same thing every black american is doing right now; claiming benefits!
- Sen. Mark Begich

--- End quote ---

Spades:
Where is the side of your computer? Did you get hungry?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version