Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • `Discardedx2`: ?
      September 21, 2018, 12:24:09 PM
    • Pookey71: ARE YOU HERE TO RECEIVE MY LIMP PENIS!?
      September 20, 2018, 11:55:24 PM
    • Pookey71: THIS IS DEMOCRACY MANIFESTO
      September 20, 2018, 11:55:07 PM
    • Vasi28: Гранд
      September 03, 2018, 07:06:22 PM
    • Rash: test
      August 30, 2018, 09:09:18 PM
    • Guruu:[link]
      August 30, 2018, 12:04:45 AM
    • Guruu: am i allowed to post links shoutbox?
      August 30, 2018, 12:03:46 AM
    • drubrkletern:[link] feedback wanted
      August 28, 2018, 03:55:17 PM
    • bugz000: Anyone got a link for the old ass silab client and cache.zip? from mopar 3.2 era :) 317
      August 25, 2018, 12:48:15 AM
    • cholland2015: Does anyone know where I can download the old moparscape client/server?
      August 24, 2018, 02:30:51 PM
    • hexedss1: Anyone would like to help on client side got a variable declartion Error
      August 15, 2018, 09:06:30 PM
    • SOUPSOUP: just get a vpn
      August 13, 2018, 06:44:28 PM
    • jme: _^_ will answer all of your javascript questions
      August 12, 2018, 07:11:00 PM
    • doomsale: and where is boxman?
      August 10, 2018, 03:16:59 AM
    • doomsale: Where can i play the Moparscape MMORPG with the Metallica instrumentals?
      August 10, 2018, 03:16:47 AM
    • doomsale: no longer clicking on doors and dummies at east bank
      August 10, 2018, 03:16:07 AM
    • doomsale: were all grown up now huh?
      August 10, 2018, 03:15:58 AM
    • _^_: hey everyone look at my graphs [link]
      August 06, 2018, 01:52:16 PM
    • braedyn: Someone pl0x help me out with PI Lottery!!
      August 03, 2018, 02:12:25 AM
    • Travas: p3n1s
      July 26, 2018, 09:46:33 PM

Author Topic: Fraction Calculator Challenge  (Read 2462 times)

OfflineNot_a_bot

• View Profile
    Re: Fraction Calculator Challenge
    « Reply #20 on: November 24, 2014, 07:02:49 PM »
    i think you owe Enforcer an apology for throwing a fit...
    Not even close. I've made a mistake and I know it, I've never had a problem admitting when I'm wrong and when I've made mistakes.

Just as I said "mistakes are mistakes"; I don't give a shit.
    There is nothing relative to being retarded, I don't give a shit that I make mistakes; everyone does and I learn from it.

I don't believe I have been wrong when talking to The Enforcer. Anyone else who views this thread is going to agree with him because of his 'programming experience', which is biased and that's how everyone here is.

You're wrong. I agree with him for being correct, he pointed out a mistake and you are getting overly defensive over it (even though you claim to acknowledge it prior to him stating it). As for your 'Mistakes are mistakes', this was not a mistake; it was released with the intention that it was correct, therefore you knowingly submitted an incorrect solution to your own challenge since it was prone to erroneous output. This is why it's important to write test cases to prove your code functions as expected.

There is no 'biased' opinion here, it was a simple matter of just acknowledging a mistake and correcting it. Instead, you are clearly upset over something trivial. You should apologize because: you were wrong, and he was right. Simple as that.
    Runescape Gambling

Offlinewildskiller

• View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: November 24, 2014, 07:33:15 PM »
    i think you owe Enforcer an apology for throwing a fit...
    Not even close. I've made a mistake and I know it, I've never had a problem admitting when I'm wrong and when I've made mistakes.

Just as I said "mistakes are mistakes"; I don't give a shit.
    There is nothing relative to being retarded, I don't give a shit that I make mistakes; everyone does and I learn from it.

I don't believe I have been wrong when talking to The Enforcer. Anyone else who views this thread is going to agree with him because of his 'programming experience', which is biased and that's how everyone here is.

You're wrong. I agree with him for being correct, he pointed out a mistake and you are getting overly defensive over it (even though you claim to acknowledge it prior to him stating it). As for your 'Mistakes are mistakes', this was not a mistake; it was released with the intention that it was correct, therefore you knowingly submitted an incorrect solution to your own challenge since it was prone to erroneous output. This is why it's important to write test cases to prove your code functions as expected.

There is no 'biased' opinion here, it was a simple matter of just acknowledging a mistake and correcting it. Instead, you are clearly upset over something trivial. You should apologize because: you were wrong, and he was right. Simple as that.
    You are pretty ignorant. I did intentionally release this to get code output from people, but I did not know of the mistake beforehand. I agreed it was a mistake, but I know I am not wrong.
    Runescape Gambling

OfflineNot_a_bot

• View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: November 24, 2014, 07:40:29 PM »
    Lets read what you wrote, shall we?

You're very good at being an ass; mistakes are mistakes. I didn't expect anyone else to reply to the thread so I didn't think it mattered to fix them any way.

You're a piece of shit for using the word "retard" when everything here is not even remotely relative to that. You are just like the other mopar idiots who try so hard to find bugs that are so common in programming, and then go after the person who did it. It's sad.

This, at least to me, implies you knew of the mistake and chose to not correct it because "you didnt expect anyone else to reply".

Now stop being an uppity faggot and understand you are wrong.
    Runescape Gambling

Offlinewildskiller

• View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: November 24, 2014, 07:52:39 PM »
    Lets read what you wrote, shall we?

You're very good at being an ass; mistakes are mistakes. I didn't expect anyone else to reply to the thread so I didn't think it mattered to fix them any way.

You're a piece of shit for using the word "retard" when everything here is not even remotely relative to that. You are just like the other mopar idiots who try so hard to find bugs that are so common in programming, and then go after the person who did it. It's sad.

This, at least to me, implies you knew of the mistake and chose to not correct it because "you didnt expect anyone else to reply".

Now stop being an uppity faggot and understand you are wrong.
    I have already corrected it after The Enforcer had told me I had made a mistake. I also didn't expect anyone else to reply because no one cares about 7th grade math, but I still intentionally posted to see what I would get.

This, at least to me, implies you knew of the mistake
    That fact that you didn't understand what I was saying leaves me to believe your comprehension is terrible and you shouldn't even be in this argument.

OfflineYz85Racer

• i > u
      • View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: November 24, 2014, 08:30:44 PM »
     :palm:

OfflineNot_a_bot

• View Profile
    « Reply #25 on: November 24, 2014, 08:48:34 PM »
    No, do tell how someone is going to arrive at the same conclusion? You didn't even state you changed it after the fact. You're fault for being misleading.

Anyway, let's put this in another way you'll understand since it's clearly gone over your head:

1. You acknowledge made a mistake
    2. You then state that you're not wrong
    3. ?????

Which is it? you either made a mistake or you weren't wrong????????

Offlinewildskiller

• View Profile
    « Reply #26 on: November 24, 2014, 08:57:01 PM »
    No, do tell how someone is going to arrive at the same conclusion? You didn't even state you changed it after the fact. You're fault for being misleading.

Anyway, let's put this in another way you'll understand since it's clearly gone over your head:

1. You acknowledge made a mistake
    2. You then state that you're not wrong
    3. ?????

Which is it? you either made a mistake or you weren't wrong????????
    Making a mistake and being wrong are two entirely different things.

I'll tell you what's going on since you clearly don't know:
    • I posted a piece of code with some miscalculations (the mistake which I didn't know of yet)
    • The Enforcer calls me retarded for miscalculating (I know now my mistake)
    • Me and him have argument, blah blah
    • You burst in with some misconstrued, asinine statements.
    • Here we are....

OfflineNot_a_bot

• View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: November 24, 2014, 09:00:32 PM »

Offlinewildskiller

• View Profile
    « Reply #28 on: November 24, 2014, 09:03:07 PM »

OfflineNot_a_bot

• View Profile
    « Reply #29 on: November 24, 2014, 09:06:41 PM »

Offlinewildskiller

• View Profile
    « Reply #30 on: November 24, 2014, 09:12:35 PM »
    PS - If you really wanna go there, I can point out a few grammatical errors that you've made and are likely not aware of  :D
    Well, that is quite mutual. You shouldn't even be in this argument any way. I want to see you write a fractional calculator you twit, as well as The Enforcer. It's not hard, and both of you seem to agree that I'm doing things wrong, which you both have not proved.

OfflineNot_a_bot

• View Profile
    « Reply #31 on: November 24, 2014, 09:19:41 PM »
    PS - If you really wanna go there, I can point out a few grammatical errors that you've made and are likely not aware of  :D
    Well, that is quite mutual. You shouldn't even be in this argument any way. I want to see you write a fractional calculator you twit, as well as The Enforcer. It's not hard, and both of you seem to agree that I'm doing things wrong, which you both have not proved.

Sure I'd love to, however I won't support anything in where the OP is arrogant and doesn't admit to being wrong when they were. So I'll ask again...

Are you wrong or not?

If so, you should proceed to apologizing to the Enforcer. Once you have answered and apologize, I will submit my solution.

OfflineTree

• View Profile
    « Reply #32 on: November 24, 2014, 09:19:59 PM »
     :palm::palm::palm::palm::palm::palm:
    <_^_> this community has really collapsed
    <_^_> it is like a shitty version of friendster for washed up nerds

Offlinewildskiller

• View Profile
    « Reply #33 on: November 24, 2014, 09:22:21 PM »

Sure I'd love to, however I won't support anything in where the OP is arrogant and doesn't admit to being wrong when they were. So I'll ask again...

Are you wrong or not?

If so, you should proceed to apologizing to the Enforcer. Once you have answered and apologize, I will submit my solution.
    No, I am not wrong. To be honest, I'm tired of this annoying argument.

OfflineNot_a_bot

• View Profile
    « Reply #34 on: November 24, 2014, 09:27:33 PM »

Are you wrong or not?

No, I am not wrong. To be honest, I'm tired of this annoying argument.

You are wrong though, I thought we established this? You made a mistake, therefore you are wrong. To say otherwise is a contradiction; ergo a fallacy. I don't like this argument either, however I'm doing you a favor by helping you understand why you're wrong that way in the future this isn't repeated.

It's easy I'll even write it out for you, just say "I made a mistake, therefore I am wrong. Enforcer was right and I apologize for being arrogant and incorrect".

Offlinewildskiller

• View Profile
    « Reply #35 on: November 24, 2014, 09:33:50 PM »

You are wrong though
    First, tell me exactly what is wrong in my first post, which is something The Enforcer might not have even checked now that I think about it.

OfflineYz85Racer

• i > u
      • View Profile
    « Reply #36 on: November 24, 2014, 09:41:32 PM »
    Would both of you honestly shut the fuck up?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I really get the impression you are asking us to either check your submission for a homework assignment, or do your work for you. I only wonder this because I had a very similar assignment in my first year Java class.

OfflineRyley

• View Profile
    « Reply #37 on: November 24, 2014, 09:43:45 PM »
    This thread is cancer, I came here expecting lots of intellectual solutions and wanted to participate, now, not so much.

Offlinewildskiller

• View Profile
    « Reply #38 on: November 24, 2014, 09:45:24 PM »
    Would both of you honestly shut the fuck up?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I really get the impression you are asking us to either check your submission for a homework assignment, or do your work for you. I only wonder this because I had a very similar assignment in my first year Java class.
    What, no? I was using this to test people for my programming team. I assumed The Enforcer I was grading them by my output, which I was not. What was the assignment? I'm not taking computer science, but I wouldn't mind knowing.

This thread is cancer, I came here expecting lots of intellectual solutions and wanted to participate, now, not so much.
    The fault is mine, Not_a_bot, and The Enforcer. I wouldn't mind removing my messages and continuing with this if people are willing to post solutions.
    « Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:46:55 PM by wildskiller »

OfflineYz85Racer

• i > u
      • View Profile
    « Reply #39 on: November 24, 2014, 10:04:27 PM »
    If you cannot write a simple application like this, I have to wonder what capabilities your "programming team" has? I'm just saying, if you are testing people....

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.