Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • ASDss: where do u download source and clients now
      August 18, 2017, 10:39:31 PM
    • ASDss: yo
      August 18, 2017, 10:39:20 PM
    • dan v jad: click me 4 da fun ;)[link]
      August 18, 2017, 04:39:58 PM
    • stCky: Palidinho is your OpenGL (was it OpenGL?) stuff open source anywhere?
      August 16, 2017, 09:07:22 PM
    • Travas:BUILD THE WALL
      August 15, 2017, 09:28:49 PM
    • Travas: i have ass cancer
      August 15, 2017, 09:23:29 PM
    • stCky: what are the fudge are you tryna ask?
      August 15, 2017, 08:21:35 PM
    • bader: what are the rsps community alive ?
      August 15, 2017, 05:46:16 PM
    • bader: yo guys
      August 15, 2017, 05:46:08 PM
    • Spacehost:[link] Updated our thread :)
      August 15, 2017, 09:40:34 AM
    • Adaro: The client is in Download section at Homepage
      August 15, 2017, 01:09:20 AM
    • FaTe_Of_GoDs: where do i get the client?????????????
      August 14, 2017, 05:23:14 PM
    • stCky: can anyone help me? I cant login to the shoutbox
      August 13, 2017, 05:45:15 PM
    • drubrkletern: appeal denied
      August 13, 2017, 02:35:27 PM
    • King_Trout:[link]
      August 13, 2017, 11:17:12 AM
    • Cole1497: no sorry
      August 13, 2017, 10:27:14 AM
    • ayz: yo can anyone explain something to me
      August 13, 2017, 08:08:51 AM
    • coolking12: Hi
      August 13, 2017, 04:16:06 AM
    • stCky: n+1
      August 11, 2017, 06:09:24 PM
    • PalidinoDH: How many more pages are going to show errors before this dude gets on and fixes shit
      August 11, 2017, 04:57:00 PM

Author Topic: MEPS Drug Testing  (Read 2426 times)

OfflineTutorial

• View Profile
    MEPS Drug Testing
    « on: January 24, 2015, 10:14:57 PM »
    I've recently decided that joining the military is something that I'm interested in doing, and in doing so, one of the initial requirements is going to MEPS. I'm kind of worried about the drug test portion, because I do have a history of cannabis use. It's been at least 2 months since my last use, and I have to say that I've done it less than 10 times in total (probably around 6-7 at most), so I am definitely not a devout smoker or anything like that. I probably did all of them within a 3 week period of time, the last time being some time November. This information might help, but I'll provide it just in-case:

I'm a pretty active person, mostly running several times a week, along with the gym.
    My metabolism is pretty fast, I weigh ~120lbs, and my bf% is around 5-7%.
    I drink a decent amount of water (at least 16 fl. oz. a day, sometimes more).

Basically, I was just wondering if someone has first hand experience with the MEPS drug test, or any information/comments you can provide me with would be great.

NOTE: I have already spoken to my recruiter and told him that I have no history of illegal drug use.
    i was like, whatever bitches, and the bitches whatevered.

OfflinePaulT

• View Profile
    Re: MEPS Drug Testing
    « Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 10:19:50 PM »
    Normally you would want to be open with your recruiter about things like that. My recruiter actually drug tested me himself to make sure I was clean. You definitely don't want any trace of drugs in your system for MEPS, but after 2 months at the activity level described, you *should* be fine. You can buy a test kit, for probably around $15 or less from a drug store, and double check.

I didn't end up going to basic or continuing in the process due to health reasons, but I did pass my drug test despite using cannabis (earlier than two months before the test). There's going to be enough to worry about at MEPS without freaking out over the drug test, so screen yourself using an at-home test kit ahead of time, and then don't worry about it.

OfflineTutorial

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 10:25:59 PM »
    I plan to get a take home drug test sometime tomorrow, because I have to get back to my recruiter by Monday to let him know what my plan is. Luckily enough, I have valid reasoning behind why I will have to push back the MEPS dates, because my college schedule is pretty spread out this semester. I appreciate the feedback, and I will more than likely end up talking to my recruiter about potential traces of the drug in my system.

They only do a urinalysis, correct?

OfflineSoulcist

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 11:29:03 PM »
    I plan to get a take home drug test sometime tomorrow, because I have to get back to my recruiter by Monday to let him know what my plan is. Luckily enough, I have valid reasoning behind why I will have to push back the MEPS dates, because my college schedule is pretty spread out this semester. I appreciate the feedback, and I will more than likely end up talking to my recruiter about potential traces of the drug in my system.

They only do a urinalysis, correct?
    I will be having to go down to MEPS eventually myself for the Marines and from my understand, they do only do urine tests unless they have a reason to any other form of test if I'm correct. From my understanding though, their form of tests is only by the urine so you should be fine.

OfflineTutorial

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 01:43:34 AM »
    Normally you would want to be open with your recruiter about things like that. My recruiter actually drug tested me himself to make sure I was clean. You definitely don't want any trace of drugs in your system for MEPS, but after 2 months at the activity level described, you *should* be fine. You can buy a test kit, for probably around $15 or less from a drug store, and double check.

I didn't end up going to basic or continuing in the process due to health reasons, but I did pass my drug test despite using cannabis (earlier than two months before the test). There's going to be enough to worry about at MEPS without freaking out over the drug test, so screen yourself using an at-home test kit ahead of time, and then don't worry about it.
    Sorry to bother you again, but were you honest on your drug statements (about past use, etc.), or did you just say you have no history of it? I would think that as long as it isn't detectable, it would better off to not admit to past use of any drugs. I drug tested myself for THC today, and the results were negative, so I BELIEVE I should be fine for the MEPS drug testing.

OfflinePaulT

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 07:06:50 AM »
    The test is urinalysis only, they don't take your hair or anything. They do take blood, but that's for disease testing. They also have a doctor look at your butthole so be ready for that.

Also, there is one part with a 30-ish page questionnaire where you basically are told by your recruiter to answer NO for every question. The questions are like "Have you ever been in trouble with the police? Have you ever done drugs? Have you ever been to the hospital?" and they act like it's really serious, but pretty much everyone was just putting down "No" for everything.

OfflineSoulcist

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 11:47:38 AM »
    The test is urinalysis only, they don't take your hair or anything. They do take blood, but that's for disease testing. They also have a doctor look at your butthole so be ready for that.

Also, there is one part with a 30-ish page questionnaire where you basically are told by your recruiter to answer NO for every question. The questions are like "Have you ever been in trouble with the police? Have you ever done drugs? Have you ever been to the hospital?" and they act like it's really serious, but pretty much everyone was just putting down "No" for everything.
    Yes, this is VERY important. If you haven't told your recruiter it, then they're not going to know. They will threaten you, scare the shit out of you etc., they want you to break because they want to DQ everyone they think won't make it.

OfflineDavidi2

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 12:07:18 PM »
    They also have a doctor look at your butthole so be ready for that.
    Wh-wh why?

Offlinemona lisa

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 01:24:31 PM »
    Meps isnt bad, and honestly if i was you i wouldnt tell my recruiter anything that is self- incrimenatiing. They keep records of everything you tell them, and can later be used agasint you if the situation calls for it.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

R.I.P. Patrick aka Hostile. 07FEB2013

OfflineSoulcist

• View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 01:47:28 PM »
    Wh-wh why?
    Well they have to make sure you don't have any hemorrhoids, but apart from that I'm not sure what else they'd be looking for.

OfflineDavidi2

• View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 02:38:16 PM »
    Wh-wh why?
    Well they have to make sure you don't have any hemorrhoids, but apart from that I'm not sure what else they'd be looking for.
    I was gunna say, are they doing this to get around the 'dont ask dont tell' rule? ;D

OfflinestCky

• View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 03:43:19 PM »
    You should be fine for that kinda pot usage anyway, buy a home kit to test and don't say anything about it and you will be fine (y)
    HOLD CTRL AND TYPE "WTF" FOR ℱ𝓪𝓷𝓬𝔂 𝓦𝓣ℱ

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.