RuneScape 2 Development > General Server Discussion

Quick RSPS questionnaire

Pages: (1/4) >>>

Jarker994:

Hello, I'm doing a lot of research before starting my RSPS. I've got experience in the past with running an RSPS and have played both Official Runescape and Private Servers on and off for an extremely long time.

The reason I've made this topic is to get your opinions on some questions in order to make the server I will run the best it can be for you guys, the RSPS community!

1) How important is it to you that a server has a forum? (Rate 0-10)                            (0 = Not at all | 10 = Makes or breaks it)
2) How important is a good economy to you? (Rate 0-10)                                            (0 = Not at all | 10 = Makes or breaks it)
3) What XP rates do you prefer personally? (Time to MAX one stat)
4) Donator perks, good or bad? Explain if possible? (If not YES or NO)
5) Do you tend to donate on RSPS's? Explain if possible?? (If not YES or NO)
6) What's your favourite client version? (317, 377, 474, 503, 508 etc.)
7) When you first login to a new RSPS, what are the first things you check?
8) What are the basic "Must haves" on an RSPS?
9) What usually makes you stick around on an RSPS?
10) What's your favourite thing to do on an RSPS? (E.G PK, Quest, Skill etc.)

11) Anything you could tell me to help me win the RSPS community over when the server opens up?

Thank you ever so much for taking your time to read and hopefully answer my quick questionnaire! Every bit of feedback greatly helps me.

Project Runescape:

1) How important is it to you that a server has a forum? (Rate 0-10)                            (0 = Not at all | 10 = Makes or breaks it)
Its very important to have a forum because most players want to make topics if something happens,ask questions and make guides and more.
2) When you first login to a new RSPS, what are the first things you check?
The economy, xp rates, shops and the staffs
3) What are the basic "Must have's" on an RSPS?
Good economy, forum, active and helpful staffs not to many staffs
4) How important is a good economy to you? (Rate 0-10)                                            (0 = Not at all | 10 = Makes or breaks it)
5) What usually makes you stick around on an RSPS?
nice staffs, good eco, active pvp this is just my opinion
6) Donator perks, good or bad? Explain if possible? (If not YES or NO)
not too many features should be donors only
7) What's your favourite thing to do on an RSPS? (E.G PK, Quest, Skill etc.)
Quests, pking
8) Do you tend to donate on RSPS's? Explain if possible?? (If not YES or NO)
i did donate alot money for rsps couple of years ago but im not playing rsps's anymore im just doing offline coding when my internet doesnt work.
Good Luck with your RSPS!

Pure_:

i dont think this is the section for this

Jarker994:

First of all thank you for your time Project Runescape, your feedback is a big help to me!

Secondly Pure, that's fine where would you recommend I put these types of topics in the future?

Lastly, keep the answers coming in please guys I need as much feedback as possible for my research!

Sarwar:

1) How important is it to you that a server has a forum? 10                           
2) When you first login to a new RSPS, what are the first things you check?
Starter, shops, training experience and players + staff (to see if they're friendly)
3) What are the basic "Must have's" on an RSPS?
Really fun bosses, active players + staff and a decent EXP rate
4) How important is a good economy to you? 8                                           
5) What usually makes you stick around on an RSPS?
Fun players, amazing staff, really fun PVM and minigames
6) Donator perks, good or bad? Explain if possible? Good AND Bad
Depends how you put it. If the perk was say something like a faster EXP rate, I'd hate that since they're literally P2W.
7) What's your favourite thing to do on an RSPS?
I love to go PVM on RSPS
8) Do you tend to donate on RSPS's? Explain if possible?? Nope. I only donate (rarely) if I see a server that's dedicated and will last a long time (which is also really fun to play)
9) What XP rates do you prefer personally?
A not too fast and not too slow one (for example, maybe longer than 30mins to max out)
10) Anything you could tell me to help me win the RSPS community over when the server opens up?
Pick your staff wisely, decent EXP, fun in-game things to do after you've maxed like a minigame or something (so people don't max and quit)

Also, customs is one thing to keep in mind. Having SOME customs is cool, but when you overdo it; it kills the game :D

Pages: (1/4) >>>

Go to full version