Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • DeathsChaos9: Well damn, long time no see m8
      May 27, 2018, 10:37:06 PM
    • usman555: i remembered out of nowhere and came to check how mopar was going
      May 27, 2018, 08:34:39 PM
    • usman555: remember azaruth, deathz
      May 27, 2018, 08:34:24 PM
    • usman555: hey
      May 27, 2018, 08:33:56 PM
    • Vain_: buying gf
      May 27, 2018, 01:53:12 PM
    • charmie: WILKO MY MAIN MAIN!
      May 26, 2018, 08:26:59 PM
    • DeathsChaos9::|
      May 26, 2018, 01:27:54 AM
    • Saltyspade10: Okay I won't be back
      May 24, 2018, 07:12:40 AM
    • [email protected]: im buying an ad banner from graham the owner need to get in contact
      May 23, 2018, 08:57:06 PM
    • [email protected]: any mods on
      May 23, 2018, 08:56:49 PM
    • kepoly: 11 years ago, damn
      May 23, 2018, 01:38:39 PM
    • B50: Sever error what happen
      May 22, 2018, 08:23:40 PM
    • The Soul: 10 years later
      May 21, 2018, 05:23:10 PM
    • The Soul: wow people are still here?
      May 21, 2018, 05:19:27 PM
    • Wilkooo: and apologies to the OG forum guys on behalf of that fudgewit dr house that pretty much killed this entire domain
      May 21, 2018, 04:14:28 PM
    • Wilkooo: shoutout to all those that played back in the beginning, all new people that hang around now seem to be pretty braindead
      May 21, 2018, 04:13:54 PM
    • Wilkooo: born sep 2016 - died whenever pink eggs resigned
      May 21, 2018, 04:11:29 PM
    • Wilkooo: Rip moparscape rsps
      May 21, 2018, 04:11:10 PM
    • puta loca: or what section can i ask this
      May 21, 2018, 05:45:08 AM
    • puta loca: does someoen has platinum ps v2 files?
      May 21, 2018, 05:44:59 AM

Author Topic: Server ideas/concepts  (Read 7462 times)

Offlinesini

• View Profile
    Re: What do you as a player want to see, but never see in a server?
    « Reply #60 on: November 17, 2014, 11:01:16 PM »
    Something that doesnt suck
    RS2Ad banner

OfflineLoveandpower

• View Profile
    « Reply #61 on: November 18, 2014, 04:59:20 PM »
    Something that doesnt suck
    well that's totally specific  :rolleyes:
    I just don't care anymore.
    RS2Ad banner

OfflineElrick

• View Profile
      • Evelus
    « Reply #62 on: November 18, 2014, 05:39:18 PM »
    Maybe also like it's similar to pokemon, certain monsters only come out at night/during the day?
    Undead nightmare. Forest areas experience zombie clusters :P
    http://www.moparscape.org/smf/index.php/topic,639149.0.html
    Support adding the
    (click to show/hide)
    RS2Ad banner

OfflineVain_

• View Profile
    « Reply #63 on: November 19, 2014, 08:35:59 PM »
    lets change the title to server concepts/ideas

also idea came to me: think how jagex works legacy/eoc/ironman/etc

login-> player chooses game mode (spawn/normal/ironman)

if spawn -> enable skill-setting so they can change their levels
    if normal -> choose xp rate (insane, extreme, hard, normal, easy)
    if ironman -> choose xp rate (insane, extreme, hard, normal, easy)

xp rates:
       insane x2
       extreme x4
       hard x6
       normal x8
       easy x10

basic info of game modes:
       you can interact with players of any game mode.
       every players gets a user title to denote which game mode user is in.
       all these players can boss/pk and do whatever they want with each other, but will not get any personal gain from it.

spawn players->
       items deleted upon dropping
       cannot pickup items
       cannot stake duel
       cannot trade
       cannot use b.o.b familiars inventory
       cannot use shops of any sort
       cannot spawn certain items (coins/special gear/etc)

normal players->
       can drop items
       can only loot from other normal players/beasts
       can stake duel
       can trade
       can use b.o.b familiars inventory
       can use shops

ironman players->
       can drop items
       can only loot from self killed beasts
       cannot stake duel
       cannot trade
       can use b.o.b familiars inventory
       cannot use shops

example:

a player can spawn the best *spawnable* items and versus a normal player in pvp.
    if the spawner wins, the normal player has a chance to run back and get their items before they appear to other normal players as the spawner will not see the drop.

this opens your server up to many fields of customers. people who enjoy spawn/pvp - people who enjoy the ironman aspect - people who enjoy 'slow' and 'fast' paced servers. and adds spice to it as well.

isn't hard to implement either.

xp rate differentiation only appears on high scores / changes drop rate percentage for specialty items

another idea revolves around the teleport system

*all teleports are static to the player

basically make all main cities have decent home areas. I would incorporate the already spawned objects so each city has its advantages.

example* miscellania, draynor, and ardougne are all great for thieving.

all teleports require runes and default are inactive. a player must visit the city by other means of traveling and then use this *activation* gem, then attempt to teleport. this will register the coordinates of the teleport to this spot.

this allows for greater expanding of minigames, training areas, bosses, quests, etc. without making the server too easy (example* most servers have training/boss teleports. )

take advantage of relleka as a major fishing/theiving/training city.

then players can define their own home teleport/city teleports to each location so they can focus around their wants for training/bossing/skilling.

the players can define their own home Hubs and you can probably make small portions of each city as a wilderness area (perhaps take advantage of cities' caves and dungeons.

only things that would need to be checked is disabling the teleports registering in wilderness/boss/minigame areas
    « Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 08:17:12 AM by Vain_ »

Offlineasshole_rule

• View Profile
    « Reply #64 on: November 20, 2014, 04:42:27 PM »
    ability to convert gp to paypal money
    the strongest super saiyan on moparscape

I'd also like to say that rep abuse is an offense, and one member of this topic has had their rep locked due to it.

OfflineLoveandpower

• View Profile
    « Reply #65 on: November 21, 2014, 11:29:49 PM »
    ^ lol.,.

@Vain, the idea for xp differentiation is pretty cool and you are right it wouldn't be difficult at all I am kind of surprised not many servers have something like that.

The teleport system kind of gave me an idea for something I was working on in myth-scape back in the day.

Pretty much what it is is that players would be considered a citizen of an area. They would have to pay taxes for example for being considered a citizen of that city. You get discounts at stores etc for being a citizen there and if you buy at another city you get a tourist charge.

This was then essentially go with my construction skill where you could purchase real estate ( as many as you wanted in the city when available )  to build up the houses to however you liked.

OfflineElrick

• View Profile
      • Evelus
    Re: Server ideas/concepts
    « Reply #66 on: November 22, 2014, 07:17:57 PM »
    One of my suggestions for Athens was to kind of provide that support through manual means, and by that I mean players would donate to the city's treasury and would be able to vote on upgrades for their city. Things like Furnaces, Anvils, Ranges, even scaling up to monster placement and training zones. The better the upgrade, the more expensive.
    Support adding the
    (click to show/hide)

OfflineLoveandpower

• View Profile
    « Reply #67 on: November 22, 2014, 11:29:57 PM »
    This isn't my idea, but a player of my old server suggested it and wanted to get your thoughts.

Going back to the skilling slayer via the villagers. he said instead of making it like that maybe something such as "having a job" you could be hired as a miner etc. slayer is like contracted monster killing so there can be contracted skilling jobs.

i.e. a fisherman in your local town may have a open contract to fish so many fishes.

In the higher level towns there was even a suggestion for maybe something such as timed tasks or where others can compete for the contract but only one person can get the contract finally completed.

Another suggestion he gave me was to make ti so you can be "fired"  and you can  get "references" for completing certain  elite skilling jobs. Some jobs may require prior experience/professional references to do the better paying jobs.

I thought that last part was absolutely beautiful myself. Thoughts?

My own thoughts to add to this

-maybe a co-op style of doing this where you can hire a "team" to assist in the gathering or something.

OfflineVain_

• View Profile
    « Reply #68 on: November 22, 2014, 11:53:18 PM »
    that's kinda like my skilling tasks I described earlier.

to go along with what Erick said, perhaps instead of allowing them to purchase object spawns, you could layout everything skillingwise and then make it something like "this object is currently out of service - please report to town hall. "

they can go to a specific building from each city, and a few townsmen will be there able to discuss which object is out of service and for what reasons ---

perhaps some are damaged and need each player to *fix* it for themselves - causing a quest like task system. could involve combat or skilling. (something along the lines of monster took piece. talk to monster he wants trade for X of item. or player can kill him and take it)

perhaps some need tolls to be used allowing for some money sinkage.

perhaps some need to be serviced - resulting in a job based system in game. jobs shall be rented (pay me x amount and I'll let you run it for: day/week) causing sinkage and then players can receive (sometime or all? ) small percentage of experience when a player uses their object since they're opening up the usage to other players.

jobs will be reset daily or weekly and the player cannot receive the same job until he has serviced 10 separate jobs?

this allows for a means of pay-for-xp in game and allows more of a city structure.

players can have a *city chest* to donate items (think party room) and the items can either be dropped (once a week for city based events) or converted to cash based on alch value and dropped/deposited to city funds.

properties - each player can purchase a house in their city (make use of house teleports) for a good one time fee as well as weekly fees. they can hire servants later.

perhaps have a general house store - you can buy small items.. a chest? to store a small amount of valuables? maybe... MAYBE bank deposit/withdraw.  perhaps buy a dummy to hit? lol. armour racks.. show off your gear? idk

houses will be instanced (think gta v garages when you have 2) *click door* "Enter your house/apartment" // "Visit a friend"

city funds--
    money is needed to hire gaurds/repair damages to objects (using the objects (furnaces, anvils, ladders, fountains, farming patches, etc) caused then to wear) money is needed for repairs.

money can be used to hire merchants (basic shops for fish, bread, etc  low tier resources)

money can be deposited too, completed jobs money goes to it, sales tax, (the small difference in shop buy/sell price when purchasing items), property tax (it costs to live in this city and maintain living quarters and access to supplies --- more plentiful cities cost more to live.

OfflineElrick

• View Profile
      • Evelus
    « Reply #69 on: November 23, 2014, 07:30:03 AM »
    Basically City citadels with way more optimization and consequences lol.
    Support adding the
    (click to show/hide)

OfflineVain_

• View Profile
    « Reply #70 on: November 23, 2014, 11:18:05 AM »
    never played citadels but I guess then

Offlinearham 4

• View Profile
    « Reply #71 on: November 26, 2014, 09:57:06 AM »
    Here's some things I wrote up in a testing day @ school (I was first to finish and was bored af).
    Quote from: My Paper
    PvP:
    Ranking system
    EP System
    Global Dueling
    When PvP activity is low: Shoutouts for WILDERNESS kills
    Give a 1.5x gross boost (in speed, not product amount) in wilderness, summoning and encouraging skilling there.
    In Wilderness: Mark names by color on minimap (helpful for clans).
    20+ level wilderness = blacked out minimap.

PvM:
    Rare-drop table
    Rare announcements
    NPC Tolerance
    Tons of bosses
    Custom bosses
     - Could transfer some from World 901

Combat:
    Statistics
     - Total entities killed
      - Total people
      - Total NPCs
     - Total damage dealt
     - Total damage received
     - Total times died
     - Current PvP rank
      - Clickable interface to see full list of ranks with red and green and requirements in parenthesis.

Skilling:
    Skilling sets with bonuses
    If higher revisions: Loyalty emotes for premium members (or as the RSPS community calls them, donators)
    Minigame for skillers: undecided on how it works
    Areas with bank deposits for only level 3 people

Misc:
    Random events.
    Iffie for skilling set/part claims.
    Minigame: Rebels
     - Rebels attacking large cities (cloned by dynamic region). You get coins as rewards.
    XP grants given each hour (time reset each log out), giving players 1.5x XP for 15 minutes, encouraging playtime.
    Prestige with rewards
    Hunger Games Minigame

Gold sinks:
    Servants idea
    Guilds with money fees
    Some premium areas can also be accessed by normal players via an entrance fee + each minute gold deduction + time spent in cave via walkable interface.

Home:
    Should be near wilderness.
     - Falador
     - Goblin Village
     - Varrock
     - Taverley (not recommended if higher revisions)
     - Edgeville
    lolol remember when mopar was a thing

OfflineLoveandpower

• View Profile
    « Reply #72 on: November 26, 2014, 01:19:39 PM »
    A couple of those ideas stood out to me arham

I love how like in Runescape it tells you how many guards died today. Maybe a "server world record" that would be updated for every single type of npc killed in total: by every person on a daily basis that is saved for record purposes. My only concern there is what type of size file daily would be generated.

One thing I wanted to do with the construction idea would be to also make it so some areas are richer for resources. So maybe if a person owned a corn field for example ( which led to the hunter area? )  a person could rent scheduled plot times to hunt there.

Another idea which I was already working on for a minigame but was then maybe thinking it could work for a food system in game is you know how there are calories and how much a amount of food weighs. Why not incorporate it so you can only eat so much weight of food/so many calories. Why can't players be "fat" or "skinny" It's almost like incorporating exercise in. I wouldn't be able to do much with the model itself but maybe we could use some form of title if a person is too obese or something. Maybe it affects how long they can run, how fatigued they get, etc. It would also help to promote agility.

Offlinearham 4

• View Profile
    « Reply #73 on: November 26, 2014, 02:59:42 PM »
    My goal for my ideas were to make them easy to make but still neat.

I love how like in Runescape it tells you how many guards died today. Maybe a "server world record" that would be updated for every single type of npc killed in total: by every person on a daily basis that is saved for record purposes. My only concern there is what type of size file daily would be generated.
    You're over-thinking the statistics. Players like to see statistics. It makes them feel good of themselves.

One thing I wanted to do with the construction idea would be to also make it so some areas are richer for resources. So maybe if a person owned a corn field for example ( which led to the hunter area? )  a person could rent scheduled plot times to hunt there.
    But think about it, is it really that worth it?

Another idea which I was already working on for a minigame but was then maybe thinking it could work for a food system in game is you know how there are calories and how much a amount of food weighs. Why not incorporate it so you can only eat so much weight of food/so many calories. Why can't players be "fat" or "skinny" It's almost like incorporating exercise in. I wouldn't be able to do much with the model itself but maybe we could use some form of title if a person is too obese or something. Maybe it affects how long they can run, how fatigued they get, etc. It would also help to promote agility.
    Perhaps could also affect how much HP food gives you. The more fat, the less HP it gives you, because you have the thought to eat more. This would encourage combat people to "maintain their diet" to effectively slay and eat.

But to be honest, to me, its weird incorporating the idea of fatness in RS in general.
    « Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 03:04:14 PM by arham 4 »

Offlinesk8rdude461

• MOPARSCAPE WAS HACKED
      • View Profile
    « Reply #74 on: November 26, 2014, 03:15:09 PM »
    My goal for my ideas were to make them easy to make but still neat.

I think both ideas should be incorporated...
    In RuneScape, you can run around the map and they have news signs and shit, when you click them they tell you odd statistics like what L&P said. But there should also be a feature for the players to track their individual statistics.

Like player A killed 900 cows, 45 penguins, 1 general graardor, and 1 nex.
    But as a server we killed 54,462 cows, 25,387 penguins, 925 graardors, and 13,856 nex.

And please guys, do not add anything related to getting fat on a rsps.. That's just silly.

Offlinearham 4

• View Profile
    « Reply #75 on: November 26, 2014, 03:17:22 PM »
    And please guys, do not add anything related to getting fat on a rsps.. That's just silly.
    Ye, then you'll hear kids start going like "I got phat"

OfflineVain_

• View Profile
    « Reply #76 on: November 26, 2014, 03:57:05 PM »
    faction system like minecraft has with factions plus.

use clan system. make regions in game. allow regions to be purchased. only purchase as many regions as you have clan mates. each purchase cost more. can toggle pvp in owned regions. can make clans enemies and pvp them in their regions regardless. etc

this would only be good for pvp servers tbh

Offlinearham 4

• View Profile
    « Reply #77 on: November 26, 2014, 03:57:58 PM »
    faction system like minecraft has with factions plus.

use clan system. make regions in game. allow regions to be purchased. only purchase as many regions as you have clan mates. each purchase cost more. can toggle pvp in owned regions. can make clans enemies and pvp them in their regions regardless. etc

this would only be good for pvp servers tbh
    Make factions based on the gods of runescape?

OfflineVain_

• View Profile
    « Reply #78 on: November 26, 2014, 04:09:33 PM »
    too many gods tbh. would just be better based on clans. users can choose their clan. choose their homes. control the *economy* by taking over certain resources (magic trees,  rune ore,  etc)

and say a Player steals resources from enemy factions, you get boosted rewards like xp or money

Offlinesk8rdude461

• MOPARSCAPE WAS HACKED
      • View Profile
    « Reply #79 on: November 26, 2014, 04:19:08 PM »
    too many gods tbh. would just be better based on clans. users can choose their clan. choose their homes. control the *economy* by taking over certain resources (magic trees,  rune ore,  etc)

and say a Player steals resources from enemy factions, you get boosted rewards like xp or money
    The gods have tiers.... You could have factions of the highest (strongest) tier gods..
    http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Gods#The_seven_tiers_of_godhood
    http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Gods#Elder_gods

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.