Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • puta loca: or what section can i ask this
      Today at 05:45:08 AM
    • puta loca: does someoen has platinum ps v2 files?
      Today at 05:44:59 AM
    • w azza 3: server down??
      Today at 05:07:47 AM
    • charmie: rippppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
      May 20, 2018, 09:03:41 PM
    • Tesco Value: eco reset? :o
      May 20, 2018, 08:54:27 PM
    • Tesco Value: aw is server down? :P
      May 20, 2018, 08:54:03 PM
    • mandmgalaxy: is the game down?
      May 20, 2018, 08:05:07 PM
    • bliss death: i believe 95% of the community disliked this change heavily as it came out of nowhere. and the fact you clear ironmen banks as well. terrible change. disappointed.
      May 20, 2018, 06:08:36 PM
    • bliss death: just wondering when the server is gonna be fixed and reverted
      May 20, 2018, 06:07:36 PM
    • Saltyspade10: I'll be back ;)
      May 15, 2018, 04:43:53 PM
    • Nunubuffs:[link]
      May 15, 2018, 12:06:25 PM
    • Nunubuffs: .info god
      May 15, 2018, 12:05:40 PM
    • Nunubuffs: Www.scaperune
      May 15, 2018, 12:05:25 PM
    • Nunubuffs: Www.scaperune
      May 15, 2018, 12:05:18 PM
    • Wilkooo: Meep meep
      May 15, 2018, 04:49:58 AM
    • FoHammer: Checkout my thread here we're now live: [link]
      May 14, 2018, 08:26:59 PM
    • FoHammer: Beemonumerouno
      May 14, 2018, 08:26:25 PM
    • DeathsChaos9::|
      May 14, 2018, 07:46:09 PM
    • Service.Man: Hi guys. I've just made a new account and downloaded the server - Still can't log in. Any tips?
      May 14, 2018, 01:37:43 AM
    • beemonumerouno: where can i ask if someone has a good custom server for free?
      May 11, 2018, 04:00:25 PM

Author Topic: Today I learned! - Share your newfound knowledge  (Read 14306 times)

OfflineDavidi2

• View Profile
    Re: Today I learned! - Share your newfound knowledge
    « Reply #220 on: September 05, 2014, 08:50:39 PM »
    Like I was saying to Ambo, its not just the text that appears when you hover. It's the text that represents the action called for clicks on the actual game map. It appears in the top left, but it also appears in the available action list when you right click on a map tile (for example if there is a person on the tile, it will show the trade/follow, etc, and a 'walk here' options as well, which is the text I am changing
    Does the message change the trade/follow text also? (Answer wasn't apparent (to me))
    No, think of it like the text for items when you hover over them. Either use or eat, etc. If you were to change that text, it wouldn't just be the hover text, it would also change the text that appears when you right click (instead of Use X on Y it would be SinisoulSucks X on Y, etc) It would change the hover text but also the menu text.

In the case of items, this text would simply be called ActionOneText or UseText, depending programmatically how they compare (pretty sure it would be usetext). So I am torn between specifically calling it the WalkHere text like said or being more generic about it being the main map action and finding a good way to phrase that.
    « Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 08:53:20 PM by Davidi2 »
    RS2Ad banner

OfflineLimits

• View Profile
    « Reply #221 on: September 05, 2014, 08:51:15 PM »
    Like I was saying to Ambo, its not just the text that appears when you hover. It's the text that represents the action called for clicks on the actual game map. It appears in the top left, but it also appears in the available action list when you right click on a map tile (for example if there is a person on the tile, it will show the trade/follow, etc, and a 'walk here' options as well, which is the text I am changing
    Does the message change the trade/follow text also? (Answer wasn't apparent (to me))
    Nevermind how about "FirstActionText" or "StandardInteractionText" or for short, "StdInteractionText"
    « Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 08:53:37 PM by Limits »
    RS2Ad banner

OfflineDeath Style

• View Profile
    « Reply #222 on: September 05, 2014, 09:08:25 PM »
    yeah I mean is there a quest version of that in a packet

edit: hng never mind
    RS2Ad banner

Offlinearham 4

• View Profile
    « Reply #223 on: September 06, 2014, 08:07:28 AM »
    ClickText???
    lolol remember when mopar was a thing

OfflineLimits

• View Profile
    « Reply #224 on: September 06, 2014, 09:40:32 AM »
    ClickText???
    It's not the click text lol. It also appears in the top left when you hover over things. It's basically the standard or first action/option text

OfflineDavidi2

• View Profile
    « Reply #225 on: September 06, 2014, 10:12:37 AM »
    Nooo, it is specifically the action for the game world, appearing on the main screen map and the minimap

OfflineLimits

• View Profile
    « Reply #226 on: September 06, 2014, 10:15:10 AM »
    Nooo, it is specifically the action for the game world, appearing on the main screen map and the minimap
    How about you post a screenshot with everything that we need to know about this text circled?

OfflineDavidi2

• View Profile
    « Reply #227 on: September 06, 2014, 10:29:01 AM »
    How about you post a screenshot with everything that we need to know about this text circled?
    I can't, I'm in costa rica at the moment on my little laptop. However I did post a screenshot a page or two back

OfflineLimits

• View Profile
    « Reply #228 on: September 06, 2014, 10:30:30 AM »
    I can't, I'm in costa rica at the moment on my little laptop. However I did post a screenshot a page or two back
    have fun there, and yeah I saw that pic :p

OfflineDriman Rune

• View Profile
    « Reply #229 on: September 06, 2014, 12:34:01 PM »
    TIL that rsps means runescape private servers.

Offlinetyb97

• View Profile
    « Reply #230 on: September 06, 2014, 12:36:50 PM »
    TIL that rsps means runescape private servers.
    Leave
    what if i want to stick it in? you got a problem with that?

Offlinearham 4

• View Profile
    « Reply #231 on: September 07, 2014, 08:01:20 AM »
    ClickText???
    It's not the click text lol. It also appears in the top left when you hover over things. It's basically the standard or first action/option text
    Still ClickText. Could also do FirstClickActionText, FirstClickText, FuckThisTextText
    lolol remember when mopar was a thing

Offlineartem543

• View Profile
    « Reply #232 on: September 07, 2014, 10:07:33 AM »
    I've learnt how to improve the client's cached sprite system. By making it rgba. It is now encoded with different parameters.

Usually, It's just set to calculate pixels from width to height with it's int value to set the rgb color for each pixel. This is normal but the quality is lower but it's a lot less memory ram consuming.

So I added two other values, a boolean to define if the sprite needs alpha(transparency) support as some sprites don't really need alpha support and that would be just a waist of memory. The other value being the final alpha int making it rgbAlpha. It after sets the pixel with an alpha value and when you're rendering, you're inquiring the data. I've used the rendering method released on R-S by Pb900.

Pretty much basic but it's cool to mess with stuff :)

Offlinetyb97

• View Profile
    « Reply #233 on: September 07, 2014, 10:20:54 AM »
    I've learnt how to improve the client's cached sprite system. By making it rgba. It is now encoded with different parameters.

Usually, It's just set to calculate pixels from width to height with it's int value to set the rgb color for each pixel. This is normal but the quality is lower but it's a lot less memory ram consuming.

So I added two other values, a boolean to define if the sprite needs alpha(transparency) support as some sprites don't really need alpha support and that would be just a waist of memory. The other value being the final alpha int making it rgbAlpha. It after sets the pixel with an alpha value and when you're rendering, you're inquiring the data. I've used the rendering method released on R-S by Pb900.

Pretty much basic but it's cool to mess with stuff :)
    So this means you could use PNG transparency with any sprites? I'd be really interested in seeing screenshots of this.
    what if i want to stick it in? you got a problem with that?

OfflineEyeownyew

• View Profile
    « Reply #234 on: September 07, 2014, 11:27:43 AM »
    a waist of memory
    what an odd form of measurement

OfflineDavidi2

• View Profile
    « Reply #235 on: September 07, 2014, 02:23:02 PM »
    ClickText???
    Still ClickText. Could also do FirstClickActionText, FirstClickText, FuckThisTextText
    Its not click text, it's specifically the minimap and map action

OfflineEyeownyew

• View Profile
    « Reply #236 on: September 07, 2014, 04:06:06 PM »
    ClickText???
    Its not click text, it's specifically the minimap and map action
    holy shit why is this so important, it's taken up like four pages of this thread

OfflineDavidi2

• View Profile
    « Reply #237 on: September 07, 2014, 04:07:37 PM »
    It's not, Im surprised people are still giving the same suggestions over and over :| I think Ive pretty much decided on either specifically referring to it as the Walk Here text or calling it the landscape/world/map action text

Offlinesini

• View Profile
    « Reply #238 on: September 07, 2014, 04:25:21 PM »
    Scene Hover Text

OfflineVain_

• View Profile
    « Reply #239 on: September 07, 2014, 04:31:11 PM »
    i didn't read all the conversation, but i did skim over a few of the recent pages.

you referred to it as the text which appears over all items, such as "eat" food, "wear" armor, or "drink" potion, as well as map-based events, such as "walk-to" tile, etc?

these are also the first on the list of the context menu when right-clicking, and the only thing that would make sense to me is PrimaryAction, PrimaryContextAction, etc

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.