RuneScape 2 Development > General Server Discussion

Why Were RSPS Never Taken Seriously?

Pages: <<< (4/28) >>>

sk8rdude461:

--- Quote from: sinisoul on May 18, 2014, 08:14:21 PM ---It's not really worth spending my time recreating Run escape when it's illegal and I can focus my time on something less illegal and put it on my resume

--- End quote ---
This..
And.
[7:18:41 PM] Sk8rdude (Lumusaria): I was just in the server advert section.. And wow. So many servers are like "we're new and unique" and when I get in the thread, it's literally the same shit over and over.

Elrick:

--- Quote from: sinisoul on May 18, 2014, 08:14:21 PM ---It's not really worth spending my time recreating Run escape when it's illegal and I can focus my time on something less illegal and put it on my resume

--- End quote ---
Very good point. I guess what I am also trying to say is that no one even tries to change spawn placements or even basic shit. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it really that hard to change spawn coordinates, space things out so it isn't localized to one specific location (ex: Edgeville filled with fudgeing NPCs)? I mean by now I cannot really expect people to recode base revisions from the ground up, but at least attempt to give an individual, unique idea. Sini you refuse to use already created bases because they are flawed, however people obviously have no problem copying and pasting things. What I am trying to say is that Bezza's server wasn't "overly" special, but his location, forms of training, variety, etc. did make it at least worth playing for hours and coming back. With minimal knowledge and effort, it seems like it is possible to begin a server and do the right fudgeing thing, which is make it your own.

--- Quote from: sk8rdude461 on May 18, 2014, 08:22:51 PM ---

--- End quote ---
This..
And.
[7:18:41 PM] Sk8rdude (Lumusaria): I was just in the server advert section.. And wow. So many servers are like "we're new and unique" and when I get in the thread, it's literally the same shit over and over.

--- End quote ---
yesyesyesyesyes. I go onto that board to point out the horrible flawed servers, as there are currently no servers worth playing because they have no perspective or longevity.

sini:

It's just a OCD I have where if something isn't RIGHT then I MUST fix it. Just doesn't fit with the mold of RSPS, which is fine. I love doing side things as a hobby like innovating solutions (see: recent threads). I probably will never own and run a major RSPS but thats mostly because I have my career going right now. This is just a hobby, for some people its a job, and to those people I say 'Wow' hahaha.

RuneAgent:

Most people only take something serious when there is a monetary reward involved. Due to Jagex strict pursuit of protecting its IP its really hard to motivate those to do so. like sinisoul said would you really want to take Runescape serious and take the risk of becoming the next Eric Snellman or would you want to spend your time doing something less risky?

Out of experience the money is great but it does not take too long for Jagex lawyers to be knocking at your door.

Uncalled:

Also the same reason why no other private servers of games are taken seriously. They are immature children who think they know what they're talking about because they can C&P/change names & numbers. They usually keep it very fast and easy and don't put much effort into it because they know that's what other immature children are wanting to play. It's not just rsps, it's with any game's private servers.

Pages: <<< (4/28) >>>

Go to full version