Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • stCky: Palidinho is your OpenGL (was it OpenGL?) stuff open source anywhere?
      August 16, 2017, 09:07:22 PM
    • Travas:BUILD THE WALL
      August 15, 2017, 09:28:49 PM
    • Travas: i have ass cancer
      August 15, 2017, 09:23:29 PM
    • stCky: what are the fudge are you tryna ask?
      August 15, 2017, 08:21:35 PM
    • bader: what are the rsps community alive ?
      August 15, 2017, 05:46:16 PM
    • bader: yo guys
      August 15, 2017, 05:46:08 PM
    • Spacehost:[link] Updated our thread :)
      August 15, 2017, 09:40:34 AM
    • Adaro: The client is in Download section at Homepage
      August 15, 2017, 01:09:20 AM
    • FaTe_Of_GoDs: where do i get the client?????????????
      August 14, 2017, 05:23:14 PM
    • stCky: can anyone help me? I cant login to the shoutbox
      August 13, 2017, 05:45:15 PM
    • drubrkletern: appeal denied
      August 13, 2017, 02:35:27 PM
    • King_Trout:[link]
      August 13, 2017, 11:17:12 AM
    • Cole1497: no sorry
      August 13, 2017, 10:27:14 AM
    • ayz: yo can anyone explain something to me
      August 13, 2017, 08:08:51 AM
    • coolking12: Hi
      August 13, 2017, 04:16:06 AM
    • stCky: n+1
      August 11, 2017, 06:09:24 PM
    • PalidinoDH: How many more pages are going to show errors before this dude gets on and fixes shit
      August 11, 2017, 04:57:00 PM
    • stCky: it is made by the wonderful people at jetbrains
      August 10, 2017, 10:00:06 PM
    • Zoravon: what's the difference between that and eclipse?
      August 10, 2017, 05:59:52 PM
    • stCky: use an IDE like IntelliJ or shitclipse
      August 10, 2017, 05:33:01 PM

Author Topic: Why Were RSPS Never Taken Seriously?  (Read 7812 times)

OfflineAshi

• View Profile
    Re: Why Were RSPS Never Taken Seriously?
    « Reply #40 on: July 14, 2014, 06:23:19 AM »
    Why so? O.O
    RuneScape player based had decreased drastically. There is still a a rsps community so if Jagex can get those players back to them then it's good for them. SoulSplit just pays Jagex to not take them down.

We've never proven SoulSplit to pay Jagex, it's a logical answer but there's more theories than just that. It could be that SoulSplit was the one that they let go too long and could, in retrospect, cost them more in lawyers fees than it's worth.
    No Pim got am email from Jagex first saying blah blah take down your server. Pim replied saying I make x amount of money, il give you y amount each month. Jagex said deal.

I'll look for the emails for you later or you can directly ask him or look around for it yourself.

If I had the money I would probably do the same.

OfflineDriman Rune

• View Profile
    « Reply #41 on: July 14, 2014, 08:28:03 AM »
    We all know Soulsplit is affiliated with Soulplit. It's pretty obvious.

OfflineRuby

• View Profile
    « Reply #42 on: July 14, 2014, 08:55:17 AM »
    Why so? O.O
    RuneScape player based had decreased drastically. There is still a a rsps community so if Jagex can get those players back to them then it's good for them. SoulSplit just pays Jagex to not take them down.

We've never proven SoulSplit to pay Jagex, it's a logical answer but there's more theories than just that. It could be that SoulSplit was the one that they let go too long and could, in retrospect, cost them more in lawyers fees than it's worth.
    No Pim got am email from Jagex first saying blah blah take down your server. Pim replied saying I make x amount of money, il give you y amount each month. Jagex said deal.

I'll look for the emails for you later or you can directly ask him or look around for it yourself.

I'm calling bullshit until I see it, we're the only community to actually in depth question SS and their activities, just look at the SoulSplit office thread. If anyone knew about it, we would. It actually took myself and Tree a good 2-3 hours one day researching their registered company and traders etc, we found nothing.

We all know Soulsplit is affiliated with Soulplit. It's pretty obvious.
    Yep imagine SS being affiliated with itself. What a plot twist. fudgeing idiot.
    Shreddology.

Toms guilty pleasure: http://i.imgur.com/bmWqw7v.png

OfflineThe Web Guy

• View Profile
    « Reply #43 on: July 14, 2014, 10:02:02 AM »
    -Because it's now full of children making pre-eoc remakes when the point of rsps was the 2006ish era. (I'm glad and proud my server is delta based as it truly reminds me of back in the day).

"Come check out my unique server!"

Piss off you rat.

You should never be proud of using Delta.  :confused:

OfflineRuneAgent

• wololo
      • View Profile
      • MITB FORUMS
    « Reply #44 on: July 14, 2014, 01:19:10 PM »
    Why so? O.O

It would not be in Jagex interest to do something like this given their stance on the Runescape IP and the fact that by doing it for one with give other server owners the idea that they may also be able to strike a deal with JaGex.

I'm calling bullshit until proven otherwise.

OfflineAshi

• View Profile
    « Reply #45 on: July 14, 2014, 02:15:21 PM »

Quote from: Pim
    Dear Reader,

Please read this mail properly, as there are a couple of good arguments in it, i friendly ask you to actually think about it, and not just click "delete" or send me a copied email back that you sent to everyone mailing you about private server copyright.
    I also apologize for any grammatical mistakes, I myself am dutch, Although i do try my best on writing as proper Englsh as possible.

I am Pim de Witte, I live in the Netherlands and I am the owner of www.soulsplit.com.

I came up with an idea that might change the way people look at JaGex dramatically, because JaGex has great people working at them and that should be shared with the world.
    This idea has to do with a certain way of approaching Private servers in a different way then current Gaming Company and Software developers do it.
    I have a huge impact on the RuneScape Private Server community, i am basically an example for the owners of private servers and i have a lot of experience, and a lot of players, and that's why i think i could help you
    realise this idea.
    Soulsplit has been up for 1 and a half year.

If you agree with my idea, we will expend to different revisions as well, this will result in our total player count to raise dramatically..
    We are planning on taking over the majority of RSPS by hosting high-quality servers with good management and programmers.

I have recently called you about my idea about RuneScape Private Servers.
    Other gaming companies (Blizzard) are "fighting" against them, now I came up with the following idea:

Why don't you (Starting with soulsplit) make personal contracts/deals with large Private servers allowing them to host their(or you may call them your) game client in return for a share of the profit.

These days there is a lot of money going around in RuneScape private servers, myself i think the amounts that i sell items for in my Item Shop are insane (27K USD), and must be shared with the original owner of the content who made this all possible for us.
    I am not sure if you knew this already, but sharing profits with these servers could result you in gaining a lot of extra money on monthly basis.
    The majority of the people who play RSPS are no longer interested in RuneScape, that's why i think fighting against private servers does not result in anything good for RuneScape.
    By doing this properly you can gain a lot of money from it , the last month I have raised $27 000 USD (Sales volume ) from soulsplit.com (which I think should be shared with JaGex).
    You will basically give your people the oppertunity to run some kind of business, and sharing a certain percentage of the Sales volume (or profit) with JaGex, leading into a great learning experience for the developers and owners of the private servers, and some extra publicity for JaGex (since no other gaming company has done this before).

I do realise that sueing someone costs a lot of time and money for your company. This way will spare you a lot of time and will raise you money with basically having nothing extra to do.

I don't think you have anything to lose if we can make such a deal.
    May you be interested in making some kind of contract/deal about this, please mail me back. I think this is very likely for you as well, because let's say i have to share 25% of my sales volume with JaGex , that will be $6750 a month.

Conditions will be:
    Sharing a certain percentage(yet to be discussed) of the sales volume or profit with JaGex.
    The client must be given to JaGex open source, to prove that there are no malicious items in it. If asked for this must also be done with the server.
    I will program and manage everything myself or with my second developer, i will not ask for any help or code from JaGex.
    I am not "working" for JaGex as an employee, i basically buy the rights to host my server for a certain share of my profit.

I have learned so much from this and I would hate to bring it down, simply because I love working with and for it so much
    I spend 4-8 hours a day managing the server, in weekends I try to add content, I even hire a second developer because it is simply too much work for me on my own.

I hope you are interested in doing business.

Pim de Witte
    www.soulsplit.com
    +31653667197
    [email protected]
    Please mail or call me back (note that it is a dutch number, if you wish to have phone contact i can call JaGex over skype with Skype credits, like i did earlier today.

You may also contact me on skype : pim-024

OfflineMichael P

• View Profile
    « Reply #46 on: July 14, 2014, 02:52:48 PM »

Quote from: Pim
    Dear Reader,

Please read this mail properly, as there are a couple of good arguments in it, i friendly ask you to actually think about it, and not just click "delete" or send me a copied email back that you sent to everyone mailing you about private server copyright.
    I also apologize for any grammatical mistakes, I myself am dutch, Although i do try my best on writing as proper Englsh as possible.

I am Pim de Witte, I live in the Netherlands and I am the owner of www.soulsplit.com.

I came up with an idea that might change the way people look at JaGex dramatically, because JaGex has great people working at them and that should be shared with the world.
    This idea has to do with a certain way of approaching Private servers in a different way then current Gaming Company and Software developers do it.
    I have a huge impact on the RuneScape Private Server community, i am basically an example for the owners of private servers and i have a lot of experience, and a lot of players, and that's why i think i could help you
    realise this idea.
    Soulsplit has been up for 1 and a half year.

If you agree with my idea, we will expend to different revisions as well, this will result in our total player count to raise dramatically..
    We are planning on taking over the majority of RSPS by hosting high-quality servers with good management and programmers.

I have recently called you about my idea about RuneScape Private Servers.
    Other gaming companies (Blizzard) are "fighting" against them, now I came up with the following idea:

Why don't you (Starting with soulsplit) make personal contracts/deals with large Private servers allowing them to host their(or you may call them your) game client in return for a share of the profit.

These days there is a lot of money going around in RuneScape private servers, myself i think the amounts that i sell items for in my Item Shop are insane (27K USD), and must be shared with the original owner of the content who made this all possible for us.
    I am not sure if you knew this already, but sharing profits with these servers could result you in gaining a lot of extra money on monthly basis.
    The majority of the people who play RSPS are no longer interested in RuneScape, that's why i think fighting against private servers does not result in anything good for RuneScape.
    By doing this properly you can gain a lot of money from it , the last month I have raised $27 000 USD (Sales volume ) from soulsplit.com (which I think should be shared with JaGex).
    You will basically give your people the oppertunity to run some kind of business, and sharing a certain percentage of the Sales volume (or profit) with JaGex, leading into a great learning experience for the developers and owners of the private servers, and some extra publicity for JaGex (since no other gaming company has done this before).

I do realise that sueing someone costs a lot of time and money for your company. This way will spare you a lot of time and will raise you money with basically having nothing extra to do.

I don't think you have anything to lose if we can make such a deal.
    May you be interested in making some kind of contract/deal about this, please mail me back. I think this is very likely for you as well, because let's say i have to share 25% of my sales volume with JaGex , that will be $6750 a month.

Conditions will be:
    Sharing a certain percentage(yet to be discussed) of the sales volume or profit with JaGex.
    The client must be given to JaGex open source, to prove that there are no malicious items in it. If asked for this must also be done with the server.
    I will program and manage everything myself or with my second developer, i will not ask for any help or code from JaGex.
    I am not "working" for JaGex as an employee, i basically buy the rights to host my server for a certain share of my profit.

I have learned so much from this and I would hate to bring it down, simply because I love working with and for it so much
    I spend 4-8 hours a day managing the server, in weekends I try to add content, I even hire a second developer because it is simply too much work for me on my own.

I hope you are interested in doing business.

Pim de Witte
    www.soulsplit.com
    +31653667197
    [email protected]
    Please mail or call me back (note that it is a dutch number, if you wish to have phone contact i can call JaGex over skype with Skype credits, like i did earlier today.

You may also contact me on skype : pim-024

You know things can be faked... Even if this email is real, does't mean they accepted the offer. They're not that poor of a company to make a deal which they gain a few thousand a month to let a RSPS be hosted...

OfflineAshi

• View Profile
    « Reply #47 on: July 14, 2014, 02:56:21 PM »

OfflineDan0194

• View Profile
    « Reply #48 on: July 14, 2014, 03:07:14 PM »
    lol who told you winterLove had bad codes
    Smart man.
    if you read this your a fagit

OfflineMichael P

• View Profile
    « Reply #49 on: July 14, 2014, 07:44:54 PM »

OfflineAshi

• View Profile
    « Reply #50 on: July 15, 2014, 12:52:29 AM »

OfflineRuby

• View Profile
    « Reply #51 on: July 15, 2014, 02:42:31 AM »
    « Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 02:44:19 AM by Ruby »
    Shreddology.

OfflinexEthanx

• View Profile
      • My Development Projects!
    « Reply #52 on: July 15, 2014, 02:47:35 AM »
    Lack of Java knowledge and most do it for some quick bucks probably
    Most people in the early game never made money. They were just terrible.

OfflineAshi

• View Profile
    « Reply #53 on: July 15, 2014, 05:15:55 AM »
    When Pim himself said that he pays Jagex, why the fudge can't you accept that?

You kids don't even know how a law suit works anyway.
    « Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 05:21:28 AM by Ashi »

OfflineRuby

• View Profile
    « Reply #54 on: July 15, 2014, 08:22:53 AM »

Because it's bollocks, that's why. Sorry can you reiterate how I don't know how a lawsuit works, especially one against copyright of intellectual property and game asset usage? I'd like to know exactly how you would know I know nothing about it. "You kids" stop being such an egotistical wide ass retarded fudgeing autistic runt, it's quite clear that I'm not a kid.
    Shreddology.

OfflineAshi

• View Profile
    « Reply #55 on: July 15, 2014, 08:34:28 AM »

Because it's bollocks, that's why. Sorry can you reiterate how I don't know how a lawsuit works, especially one against copyright of intellectual property and game asset usage? I'd like to know exactly how you would know I know nothing about it. "You kids" stop being such an egotistical wide ass retarded fudgeing autistic runt, it's quite clear that I'm not a kid.
    What usually happens in a court case for copyright infringement is that the person guilty pays the lawyer fees. Most lawyers these days are "no win, no fee". Jagex is allowed to cease all of SoulSplits profits legally.

The only way it would be a waste of time and money is if the person you're sue does not have the money. SoulSplit however do, clearly.

You're a kid because I'm older then you and know a lot more.

OfflineRuby

• View Profile
    « Reply #56 on: July 15, 2014, 09:21:08 AM »

What usually happens in a court case for copyright infringement is that the person guilty pays the lawyer fees. Most lawyers these days are "no win, no fee". Jagex is allowed to cease all of SoulSplits profits legally.

The only way it would be a waste of time and money is if the person you're sue does not have the money. SoulSplit however do, clearly.

You're a kid because I'm older then you and know a lot more.

False, it can happen in a copyright infringement case but there's a large chance of it not unless the court appoints the guilty party to pay all attorney fees (court awarded attorney fees). No win, no fee doesn't apply to copyright infringement cases of this scale, this would be a very large scale case, not a national helpline claim against your place of work and certainly not one tiny little small "guilty", both sides would be arguing over intellectual property and game assets with SS trying to prove their manipulation of the protocol and sustained use of game assets to not be their own however all other intellectual property is. The long story short is that there's a hundred and one get out of jail free clauses they could abuse to get out of Jagex's grasp, they may be forced to terminate all game clients and pay a small fee to Jagex but won't be fully sued. First and foremost the Auteurswet, the Dutch copyright law only states that copyrighted material is literature, science or art. This means that Jagex have a harder case already with the Auteurswet blocking them straight off the bat.

No, I'm not a kid. From what I'm seeing here you know fudge all.
    « Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 09:23:56 AM by Ruby »
    Shreddology.

OfflineAshi

• View Profile
    « Reply #57 on: July 15, 2014, 09:58:41 AM »

OfflineRuby

• View Profile
    « Reply #58 on: July 15, 2014, 10:14:11 AM »
    Shreddology.

OfflineAshi

• View Profile
    « Reply #59 on: July 15, 2014, 10:25:57 AM »
    How many years has ss been up? Jagex would have already made more then 50k now.

Don't forget that ss use the 317 client.

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.