Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • cgh:[link]
      Today at 12:28:43 PM
    • Markymark125: Whatd the discord link?
      Today at 10:03:21 AM
    • stCky: windowss, please stop posting spam links in the shoutbox - we are not interested in your products nor do we endorse child labour
      September 21, 2017, 09:37:32 PM
    • windowss:[link]
      September 21, 2017, 09:17:37 PM
    • windowss: To buy shoes, please click [link]  [link]  [link]  [link]  [link]  [link]  [link]  [link]  [link]
      September 21, 2017, 09:17:21 PM
    • tupacisnotdead: server is down?
      September 21, 2017, 08:52:26 AM
      September 21, 2017, 02:32:54 AM
      September 21, 2017, 02:32:39 AM
    • windowss: <a href="[link]" > Cheap air jordans for sale</a>has released lots of excellent products including   shoes, clothes, bags and others since its establishment. It is well-known that Nike Company has gained international   fame in recent yeas because of its high-quality products. Nike Air Max shoes, being a type of Nike air series,   because of the introduction of Nike Air Max 360 shoes, abandons the right of naming the year. Nike Air Structure   Triax Men's shoes also belong to the above types. This kind of shoes is a type of running  <a href="[link]" >discount air jordan shoes</a>. In comparison with other Nike shoes, these shoes are   hard-wearing.  things in common.   they have bought. Other people complain that Nike shoes are a little tight to be wore. The Nike Air Structure Triax   Men's shoes can show an actual durability under real road conditions. For large amount of people, these shoes seem to   be more like fashionable ones, rather than running ones. This is interesting. Nike shoes gain more and more favor   from people. Maybe this should also be owed to the fashion of  <a href="[link]" >Cheap Air Jordans Retro</a>. As for Nike Air Max 2010 shoes, they are favored as "Heartbeat shoes". They can show permeability which is   appropriate for runners. Nowadays,  <a href="[link]" >Air jordan free shipping</a> have been widely accepted for their great cushion which is derived from a simple corridor. The midsole of these shoes   is a Full-chunk polyurethane one. Nike fans would like to have Nike shoes which permit them to show their own personality by clicking buttons to these   shoes. They can decide which one they like most from the available models. Then they are free to choose different   materials and colors for different parts of their shoes. Finally; your name can also be designed on your own shoes.   Then, you can just save your design, or order shoes of this design. Here, you can buy Nike shoes, say, Air max series and Air Force ones at whole sale price. In addition, some other   high-qualified shoes can also be bought at the lowest price here <a href="[link]" >new air jordan shoes</a>, for instance, Nike af1, af1 low, af1 high, af1   dunk,  <a href="[link]" >retro air jordans low price</a> Max 90, Nike max 91, max 91, Nike max 95,   Nike max 97, max97, Nike max180, Nike max360, max 360, max 180, Nike max ltd, Nike max TN, max 2003, Nike max 2009,    Puma shoes and Puma Trainers shoes. You are advised to choose a pair of  <a href="[link]" >Cheap nike shoes</a>  Max Running Shoes if you intend to run for a long distance. Choose shoes hereFree Articles, you can enjoy the high   quality at low price. Also you will be satisfied with our reliable delivery and best service.  Popular Tags:  <li><a href="[link]" > Cheap air jordans for sale</a></li>  <li><a href="[link]" >discount air jordan shoes</a></li>  <li><a href="[link]" >Cheap Air Jordans Retro</a></li>  <li><a href="[link]" >Air jordan free shipping</a></li>  <li><a href="[link]" >new air jordan shoes</a></li>  <li><a href="[link]" >retro air jordans low price</a></li>  <li><a href="[link]" >Cheap nike shoes</a></li>
      September 21, 2017, 02:32:20 AM
    • stCky: EntasiaRSPS, we want to cut down on external links in the shoutbox. You can link to your internal advertisement thread in here (thread is allowed to link out), once every 24 hours.
      September 20, 2017, 09:26:52 PM
    • EntasiaRSPS: Try out [link]
      September 20, 2017, 09:25:25 PM
    • Adaro: Message me on Skype if you ever need help my skype name is: Mod Adaro
      September 20, 2017, 09:15:48 PM
    • stCky: Hi everyone, we all agree the Shoutbox is in a state right now with advertisers, spammers and flamers. Check out my proposed Shoutbox Rules & Guidelines and lets work together to tidy up the shoutbox! [link]
      September 20, 2017, 09:07:13 PM
    • stCky: No Adaro, I don't expect that. I'm now going to have to ask you to stop spamming the shoutbox, if you have something personal against another forum member please keep it to PMs. Thanks.
      September 20, 2017, 08:45:19 PM
    • Adaro: Even our forums mods who we are to trust dont get that position
      September 20, 2017, 08:44:58 PM
    • Adaro: So you expect to be forum admin whcih is in charge of maintaining the forums? well that rank is only obtained by owner and co owner
      September 20, 2017, 08:44:30 PM
    • stCky: Well good, because I am not interested in a Forum Mod rank. Please stop sabotaging my application, I've shown you nothing but support Adaro
      September 20, 2017, 08:41:30 PM
    • Adaro: stcky you are the last person to get forum mod rank on here...you have proven to be a troll and post irelevant posts
      September 20, 2017, 08:39:55 PM
    • stCky: hey guys I want to make Moparscape forum a welcoming community with high quality resources and content, vote for my staff application here! [link]
      September 20, 2017, 06:22:35 PM
    • Adaro: Wilkos discord profile is Wilko#8961
      September 20, 2017, 05:31:45 PM

Author Topic: Can anyone clear this up for me?  (Read 4898 times)

Offlineasyo4

• View Profile
    Can anyone clear this up for me?
    « on: August 27, 2014, 06:49:41 PM »
    Coding newbie here and just started AP Computer Sci. Can somebody please point out the differences between classes, methods, and objects? I still get them mixed up and don't know when or how to use them. I have a general understand but I would like to go further in depth. Yes I know this is a noob question  :o

OfflineBowser jr

• View Profile
    Re: Can anyone clear this up for me?
    « Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 07:28:08 PM »
    Just drop out of the class. There is no hope for you, so stop wasting your's and your teacher's time.

Offlineasyo4

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 07:46:53 PM »
    Just drop out of the class. There is no hope for you, so stop wasting your's and your teacher's time.

Ok but when how

Offlinetyb97

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 07:58:27 PM »
    If you've ever looked around and wondered why there's so many people who complain about how they don't think they can do it, why people harm themselves, why people look down on themselves, its because of people like you. People like you are nothing but destructive and rude, and do nothing to help society. I feel sorry for you.
    what if i want to stick it in? you got a problem with that?

OfflineBowser jr

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 08:10:33 PM »
    If you've ever looked around and wondered why there's so many people who complain about how they don't think they can do it, why people harm themselves, why people look down on themselves, its because of people like you. People like you are nothing but destructive and rude, and do nothing to help society. I feel sorry for you.
    I also look around and see people who think they can do stuff but are absolute incompetent. All I'm saying is that he shouldn't continue a class where he struggle to understand the basic. Because if you struggle now, it will only get worse later when it gets more difficult.

OfflineThe Web Guy

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 09:30:34 AM »
    I also look around and see people who think they can do stuff but are absolute incompetent. All I'm saying is that he shouldn't continue a class where he struggle to understand the basic. Because if you struggle now, it will only get worse later when it gets more difficult.

I thought the idea of school was to learn.. Maybe I'm mistaken. Regardless, he's obviously taking it to learn more about it.

But at the same time.. Why AP if you don't even know what methods/classes/objects are? Should you be taking an introduction class or something?
    I am The Web Guy.
    Not The Java Guy, please don't ask me about Java.
    Email: [email protected]
    Moparscape: Stahp.

OfflineTree

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 09:51:40 AM »

I thought the idea of school was to learn.. Maybe I'm mistaken. Regardless, he's obviously taking it to learn more about it.

But at the same time.. Why AP if you don't even know what methods/classes/objects are? Should you be taking an introduction class or something?

I agree with Bowser. He has come here, expecting to be spoonfed. If he actually had the desire to learn anything, he would type something into Google.
    He hasn't put any effort in and he deserves a harsh wake up call.
    <_^_> this community has really collapsed
    <_^_> it is like a shitty version of friendster for washed up nerds

Offlineasyo4

• View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 03:27:09 PM »

I agree with Bowser. He has come here, expecting to be spoonfed. If he actually had the desire to learn anything, he would type something into Google.

There's a big difference between asking a question and being "spoonfed". Sounds like you need to stop being a dick and keep making graphs about a runescape community that you've been registered on for 8 years.

There are many others in my AP class that are having trouble too.

This looks like this is the last time I ask a question on moparscape.

edit: i apologize for this outburst of rage
    « Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 03:49:23 PM by asyo4 »

OfflineTree

• View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: August 28, 2014, 08:42:02 PM »

There's a big difference between asking a question and being "spoonfed". Sounds like you need to stop being a dick and keep making graphs about a runescape community that you've been registered on for 8 years.

There are many others in my AP class that are having trouble too.

This looks like this is the last time I ask a question on moparscape.

edit: i apologize for this outburst of rage

Okay moron, let's take a look.
    So you've asked someone to provide an explanation of a programming concept, right? Or at least provide resources, no? You then thank the sk8er dude for linking you to the documentation Oracle provides. The thing is buddy, all that information can be found from doing a simple Google search. Too much effort, right? Too hard to get of your ass and do some leg work?

You were asking to be spoonfed because you have made zero effort to look up anything yourself. How can you argue that this isn't the case? You replied to the sk8er dude with, "thank you so much". Obviously the resources that he provided, you deemed as useful. RESOURCES THAT ARE SO EASY TO FIND. Let's play a game you halfwit. Let me do a google search and I'll post the first 10 results. Let's see if they are related. We can call the game, 'Teaching a nitwit'. It'll be fun and you can tell all your other nitwit friends at school that the nerd 'who makes graphs and has been registered for 8 years' included you.

Let's keep it simple. We don't want to challenge you. I'll google, 'what is a class java'. I can break down how that search works if you like? No? I'll continue.

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/java/concepts/class.html
    OH LOOK I'VE SEEN THIS BEFORE!?!?!?!

Here's a video. That's perfect for you. After all, reading through any tutorials is too much effort. :(:(

http://javarevisited.blogspot.com.au/2011/10/class-in-java-programming-general.html
    Oh look, something else that addresses your problem. It's almost like these were easy to find?!?!

http://www.tutorialspoint.com/java/java_object_classes.htm
    I wonder if that's related. Oh, the mystery!

/questions/9224517/what-are-classes-references-and-objects
    Brain overflow, amirite?!

Actually, I'll stop here. Obviously you're not looking to be spoonfed, so ten different resources would be too much. Look at silly old me, getting ahead of myself. Do you know why we chose to bash you around a little? For your own god. You see, the people here have actually studied compsci. I know, hard to believe. What's even more amazing is that we have to use Google more times than your mother tried to use a coat hanger during her pregnancy. We understand the value of doing your own research and putting effort in. Life is about putting in the hard work. Life is about trying something with effort and THEN asking for help. You haven't even stated what your current understanding is. It's like you've just thrown up your hands and said, "nuh, someone gives me it". That's not how it works. If you were actually interested in the concepts, you would be frantically googling around because that's sure as hell what I did. That's what a lot of us did.

Do you think you're being bullied? Is that it? Because I'll tell you now that anyone starting off here a few years ago had it a lot harder than you. How I've responded to your lazy post is actually pretty tame. So now let's move on to your little joke about graphs and eight years. For someone who finds spending time at a community pathetic, it's pretty funny that you've chosen here to beg for help. Help is the wrong word. Sorry. spoonfeeding. If it's so bad being here then why are you still here?

The graphs were meant as some fun bits of content. It's a forum after all. We can't just have a thousand posts begging for help like yours. We had that for a little while back when we focused around private servers. You would have fit in nicely with everyone. They loved being spoonfed as well.

Bug off. Idiots like you ruined this community and I hate the type of person that expects everything to be handed to them. As a bonus, I've left all my mistyping and grammatical errors in here because I wouldn't want to spoonfed you English. You're not that type of guy, amirite?

« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 08:50:01 PM by Tree »

Offlinesk8rdude461

• MOPARSCAPE WAS HACKED
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 08:45:29 PM »
    So you've asked someone to provide an explanation of a programming concept, right? Or at least provide resources, no? You then thank the sk8er dude for linking you to the documentation Oracle provides. The thing is buddy, all that information can be found from doing a simple Google search. Too much effort, right? Too hard to get of your ass and do some leg work?

Okay 9/10 was TL;Dr but I read this but..
    I seriously googled "Java Methods" "Java Objects" Java Classes" to get those links..

Offlinetyb97

• View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: August 28, 2014, 08:46:24 PM »
    Tree, I just want you to know you're my favorite asshole. You actually put thought and effort into your bashing posts.
    what if i want to stick it in? you got a problem with that?

Offlinesanga282

• View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: August 28, 2014, 08:50:05 PM »

I seriously googled "Java Methods" "Java Objects" Java Classes" to get those links..
    I'm pretty sure tree just turned it up to 11
    Dear Mary,
    Just admit that you slept with someone else. This is getting out of hand.
    Sincerely, Joseph

OfflineTree

• View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: August 28, 2014, 08:51:46 PM »
    Tree, I just want you to know you're my favorite asshole. You actually put thought and effort into your bashing posts.

I'm pretty sure tree just turned it up to 11

Offlineasyo4

• View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: August 28, 2014, 08:56:56 PM »
    Didnt read a word of that novel but im sure it contained useful information. I'll continue being ignorant and asking to be spoonfed. Thanks for the effort though.

Actually, just read it. Teach me how to google? I dont have the mental willpower to do use google? Can you google some more moparscape graphs? You must be good at googling man!
    « Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 09:06:50 PM by asyo4 »

OfflineTree

• View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 09:03:04 PM »
    Didnt read a word of that novel but im sure it contained useful information. I'll continue being ignorant and asking to be spoonfed. Thanks for the effort though.

Next time I'll make a graph for you so it's easier to understand :).

Offlinesanga282

• View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 09:07:21 PM »
    here's the thing, asking a question is fine. We've all asked a million and one questions, but you're asking someone to help you, someone to spend their time helping you. They'll only willingly do that if it looks like you put some effort into trying to help yourself. A better way to approach this situation would be for you to have read through the documentation (through a quick google search on your own) then said look guys I've read all of this but I'm still struggling underestanding the differences between x,y and z.
    You're more likely to get an informative response that way ;)
    Dear Mary,
    Just admit that you slept with someone else. This is getting out of hand.
    Sincerely, Joseph

Offlineasyo4

• View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 09:13:45 PM »

Next time I'll make a graph for you so it's easier to understand :).

Good deal mate. Does google know how to make cool graphs too? I'll wait for you to do it for me though, because I don't know how to use google.

here's the thing, asking a question is fine. We've all asked a million and one questions, but you're asking someone to help you, someone to spend their time helping you. They'll only willingly do that if it looks like you put some effort into trying to help yourself. A better way to approach this situation would be for you to have read through the documentation (through a quick google search on your own) then said look guys I've read all of this but I'm still struggling underestanding the differences between x,y and z.
    You're more likely to get an informative response that way ;)

Yeah I understand. I was hoping somebody would provide a more noob friendly explanation (some websites have one but it isn't really all that clear) I know better now though.

Offlinesk8rdude461

• MOPARSCAPE WAS HACKED
      • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: August 28, 2014, 09:21:33 PM »
    Yeah I understand. I was hoping somebody would provide a more noob friendly explanation (some websites have one but it isn't really all that clear) I know better now though.
    Then I think you should have worded the question a bit better.
    "I've read on <various sources> about <items> but they weren't clear enough for me. Can someone help me understand <concept> better?"

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.