Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • hexedss1: Anyone would like to help on client side got a variable declartion Error
      August 15, 2018, 09:06:30 PM
    • SOUPSOUP: just get a vpn
      August 13, 2018, 06:44:28 PM
    • jme: _^_ will answer all of your javascript questions
      August 12, 2018, 07:11:00 PM
    • doomsale: and where is boxman?
      August 10, 2018, 03:16:59 AM
    • doomsale: Where can i play the Moparscape MMORPG with the Metallica instrumentals?
      August 10, 2018, 03:16:47 AM
    • doomsale: no longer clicking on doors and dummies at east bank
      August 10, 2018, 03:16:07 AM
    • doomsale: were all grown up now huh?
      August 10, 2018, 03:15:58 AM
    • _^_: hey everyone look at my graphs [link]
      August 06, 2018, 01:52:16 PM
    • braedyn: Someone pl0x help me out with PI Lottery!!
      August 03, 2018, 02:12:25 AM
    • Travas: p3n1s
      July 26, 2018, 09:46:33 PM
    • Krackkid: You up :eggplant:
      July 23, 2018, 06:18:17 PM
    • DeathsChaos9: no
      July 23, 2018, 03:53:31 PM
    • Emulous: Come check out Emulous: [link]
      July 22, 2018, 03:37:19 PM
    • Emulous:[link]
      July 22, 2018, 03:37:00 PM
    • Travas: ur mom
      July 21, 2018, 06:04:50 PM
    • YNRDAB: Watcha big ballers up too?
      July 20, 2018, 11:01:06 AM
    • dark250: i need help for coding client
      July 19, 2018, 08:27:37 AM
    • Travas: yes
      July 14, 2018, 02:19:44 PM
    • drubrkletern: lmao racist and sexist much?
      July 14, 2018, 01:11:52 PM
    • Cole1497: yeah i got you lil boat give me a second
      July 13, 2018, 03:19:35 AM

Author Topic: Skarred Lands  (Read 13246 times)

Offlinesk8rdude461

• MOPARSCAPE WAS HACKED
      • View Profile
    Re: Skarred Lands
    « Reply #80 on: April 13, 2015, 08:33:28 PM »
    Found out how to draw mod icons to right click menus:

All it took was changing the text being drawn from a RSFont to a TextDrawingArea.. So yeah.

To do: filter all "@[email protected]" to "<col=#"
    Runescape Gambling

OfflinestCky

• View Profile
    « Reply #81 on: April 13, 2015, 08:55:21 PM »
    Out of curiosity based on the chat box, is the server open to public anywhere?

This update looks sweet, do you plan on implementing it for object actions? i.e A little hatchet icon by the "Cut Tree" right-click menu item?
    HOLD CTRL AND TYPE "WTF" FOR ℱ𝓪𝓷𝓬𝔂 𝓦𝓣ℱ
    Runescape Gambling

Offlinesk8rdude461

• MOPARSCAPE WAS HACKED
      • View Profile
    « Reply #82 on: April 13, 2015, 09:56:51 PM »
    No sorry. It's still in development.
    This update looks sweet, do you plan on implementing it for object actions? i.e A little hatchet icon by the "Cut Tree" right-click menu item?
    I don't have any icons that would fit those. Like a 14x14 icon of a tree, or thieving icon, or etc..
    However, that would be possible. All I'd have to do is basically what they do for the cursor systems, but edit the text.
    Runescape Gambling

OfflineVain_

• View Profile
    « Reply #83 on: April 14, 2015, 08:11:24 AM »
    No sorry. It's still in development.
    I don't have any icons that would fit those. Like a 14x14 icon of a tree, or thieving icon, or etc..
    However, that would be possible. All I'd have to do is basically what they do for the cursor systems, but edit the text.
    could use the old rs2 high scores images and just throw them in the cache. I believe theyre small enough. or you can increase the context menu row height a little to adjust for the pixel differentiation.

Offlinerunescape sucks

• View Profile
    « Reply #84 on: April 19, 2015, 07:53:19 PM »

When you send the item's name, if you put  "\\n" , it goes down one line (just in case you didn't know). It makes it look much nicer imo.

(click to show/hide)

Offlinesk8rdude461

• MOPARSCAPE WAS HACKED
      • View Profile
    « Reply #85 on: April 19, 2015, 07:58:13 PM »

When you send the item's name, if you put  "\\n" , it goes down one line (just in case you didn't know). It makes it look much nicer imo.

Yeah.. I knew that.
    However, why would I make the code look like this:
    sendFrame126("\\n\\n\\n\\n\\n\\n\\n\\n\\n\\n\\n\\n" + itemName, the_ID);

Instead of just editing the interface to show the text lower?
    Also, it doesn't really look bad in it's current state.

Offlinerunescape sucks

• View Profile
    « Reply #86 on: April 19, 2015, 07:59:25 PM »
    Instead of just editing the interface to show the text lower?
    Also, it doesn't really look bad in it's current state.

Ah, well, must be a personal preference then.

This looks nice, regardless.
    (click to show/hide)

OfflineWarTusk-RSPS

• View Profile
    « Reply #87 on: April 30, 2015, 12:51:43 AM »
    Bumping this sweet project!
    "Speaking of if you want me to stop flooding your server and want a solution on how to prevent it, I'll start the negotiations at 500$. A drop in the bucket for you I suppose. And I'll help fix the XSS vulnerabilities for 100$ each."

-Sini

Offlinesk8rdude461

• MOPARSCAPE WAS HACKED
      • View Profile
    « Reply #88 on: April 30, 2015, 07:08:55 AM »
    New feature: Drop all

How it works:
    You must have more than 1 of the item in your inventory (Not stacked).
    You must right click the first item in your inventory (Because it's easy enough).

Edit: still working on moving it above "examine". But ignore that part

Offlinetyb97

• View Profile
    « Reply #89 on: April 30, 2015, 11:08:55 AM »
    Excellent work.
    what if i want to stick it in? you got a problem with that?

OfflinestCky

• View Profile
    « Reply #90 on: April 30, 2015, 03:03:01 PM »
    Is the first item the action item due to a limitation or just your choice? If so, why?

Definitely a handy feature to have, good work.

Offlinesk8rdude461

• MOPARSCAPE WAS HACKED
      • View Profile
    « Reply #91 on: April 30, 2015, 03:57:45 PM »
    Is the first item the action item due to a limitation or just your choice? If so, why?

Definitely a handy feature to have, good work.
    By choice. I didn't see a point in putting it on every item, as people are just gonna click on 1 to remove them. By putting it *always* on the first, they'll get used to the concept.
    Plus, it's already easy enough by adding the feature, doesn't need to be on all.
    inb4 someone mentions bury all.

Offlinetyb97

• View Profile
    « Reply #92 on: April 30, 2015, 04:19:51 PM »
    Lol please don't. I'd really be interested in someone actually coming up with something creative for training the prayer skill.. It's just become this big cliche. It's either really easy to get 99 prayer on servers that have bury all like options, or the hardest skill to get because it's the same as RS. It's so boring to train, but can be so essential especially on servers that follow alot of the concepts for prayer in the old school days.
    what if i want to stick it in? you got a problem with that?

Offlinesk8rdude461

• MOPARSCAPE WAS HACKED
      • View Profile
    « Reply #93 on: April 30, 2015, 04:45:42 PM »
    Lol please don't. I'd really be interested in someone actually coming up with something creative for training the prayer skill.. It's just become this big cliche. It's either really easy to get 99 prayer on servers that have bury all like options, or the hardest skill to get because it's the same as RS. It's so boring to train, but can be so essential especially on servers that follow alot of the concepts for prayer in the old school days.
    Nah I actually do have bury all. but it doesn't work anything like my drop all does.
    It buries one at a time till all are buried. Just removed the clicking process.
    point was more about how the option is on literally every bone.

I can't really think of any creative ways to train prayer because all it reminds me of is, is religion.
    I could follow in religions footsteps and add  in game gp donations to each god. and the donations would pay for things like a bigger penis for the church, oh wait, I mean a bigger steeple.

OfflinestCky

• View Profile
    « Reply #94 on: April 30, 2015, 05:00:39 PM »
    Cool, that's what I hoped :D

Prayer...I mean it could go further than just burying bones (is this sacrificing?) You could get corpse drops from monsters, player corpses even? To be used on particular shrines (similar to guilded altars in this sense) throughout the server. Gives the player just a little more than burying bones I guess. Interesting it reminds you of religion though, still not a lot to the skill.

Is there a goal or time line in place where you expect the server to go online, be it testing or an early version release?

Offlinesk8rdude461

• MOPARSCAPE WAS HACKED
      • View Profile
    « Reply #95 on: April 30, 2015, 05:17:28 PM »
    Cool, that's what I hoped :D

Prayer...I mean it could go further than just burying bones (is this sacrificing?) You could get corpse drops from monsters, player corpses even? To be used on particular shrines (similar to guilded altars in this sense) throughout the server. Gives the player just a little more than burying bones I guess. Interesting it reminds you of religion though, still not a lot to the skill.

Is there a goal or time line in place where you expect the server to go online, be it testing or an early version release?

Prayer on runescape essentially does that, but no one makes use of the feature because there are faster methods of xp. They have pyre burning, or something like it. Where you light logs and cremate bones or something. I can't remember exactly.

There's no real goal at this point. I'm just kinda working no it whenever I feel. I haven't thought about releasing it for beta or anything. Last one didn't go so well

OfflineVain_

• View Profile
    « Reply #96 on: April 30, 2015, 05:42:53 PM »
    honestly don't see the need for "cancel" in the context menus as they automatically close when clicked elsewhere. or the examine option. how many people actually use the examine item feature (besides custom items back in delta sources and remake based servers lol)

I don't like the way you made it to only append to the first item and only non stacks

if you know anything about the client it would be neat to incorporate sub menus so you could basically append [Use | Drop | Bury | Eat | Drink etc..] to be on the main context menu then > [action name ALL // action name X] on the submenu.

this would be way more organized imo as well as allowing players to quickly get rid of items, safe up etc.

note: submenu is only opened by hovering, clicking on the main context menu defaults to current actions

Offlinesk8rdude461

• MOPARSCAPE WAS HACKED
      • View Profile
    « Reply #97 on: April 30, 2015, 05:58:12 PM »
    honestly don't see the need for "cancel" in the context menus as they automatically close when clicked elsewhere. or the examine option. how many people actually use the examine item feature (besides custom items back in delta sources and remake based servers lol)

I don't like the way you made it to only append to the first item and only non stacks

if you know anything about the client it would be neat to incorporate sub menus so you could basically append [Use | Drop | Bury | Eat | Drink etc..] to be on the main context menu then > [action name ALL // action name X] on the submenu.

this would be way more organized imo as well as allowing players to quickly get rid of items, safe up etc.

note: submenu is only opened by hovering, clicking on the main context menu defaults to current actions
    I know a bit, but I don't know about drawing a new box like that, though it'd be really cool to do. If I can ever come around to figuring out how it works that'd be something interesting to consider.

But for example, would eat all eat all food, or until the player had full health?

Why don't you like it being on the first item? It makes sense to not be on stackables.. If you drop a stackable, it drops the full stack regardless. You're not gonna have 3 stacks of coins in your inventory.

OfflinestCky

• View Profile
    « Reply #98 on: April 30, 2015, 06:08:36 PM »
    Figuring out that sub-menu would be amazing, a literal game changer imo.

Drop action just being the example below, essentially any action that can be applied to 1 or more items would be improved greatly, gaining x and all options...

Code: [Select]
    Wear Dildo
    Use Dildo
    Drop Dildo ->
               -> Drop x
               -> Drop all
    Examine Dildo

Eating for example would be a tad more difficult to work out, actions would need to be looked at on a case-by-case basis.

A shitty list actions off the top of my head, cause I'm failing to brain right now

• Empty -> Empty x/all
    • Eat -> Eat x/Eat to full
    • Drop -> Drop x/all

OfflineVain_

• View Profile
    « Reply #99 on: April 30, 2015, 08:27:11 PM »

I know a bit, but I don't know about drawing a new box like that, though it'd be really cool to do. If I can ever come around to figuring out how it works that'd be something interesting to consider.

But for example, would eat all eat all food, or until the player had full health?

Why don't you like it being on the first item? It makes sense to not be on stackables.. If you drop a stackable, it drops the full stack regardless. You're not gonna have 3 stacks of coins in your inventory.

how id approach the situation.

10/100 health
    x heals 10
    has 15 x

[eat all x]
    [you are full, eat any ways?]

id send that message to all items such as food/potions if the affect - or benefit is already given.
    such as, if you actually had an economy and items were hard to get? id hate to misclick and overload if i had just used one. or accidentally clicked on my pumpkin if my health was full. etc

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.