Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • ASDss: where do u download source and clients now
      August 18, 2017, 10:39:31 PM
    • ASDss: yo
      August 18, 2017, 10:39:20 PM
    • dan v jad: click me 4 da fun ;)[link]
      August 18, 2017, 04:39:58 PM
    • stCky: Palidinho is your OpenGL (was it OpenGL?) stuff open source anywhere?
      August 16, 2017, 09:07:22 PM
    • Travas:BUILD THE WALL
      August 15, 2017, 09:28:49 PM
    • Travas: i have ass cancer
      August 15, 2017, 09:23:29 PM
    • stCky: what are the fudge are you tryna ask?
      August 15, 2017, 08:21:35 PM
    • bader: what are the rsps community alive ?
      August 15, 2017, 05:46:16 PM
    • bader: yo guys
      August 15, 2017, 05:46:08 PM
    • Spacehost:[link] Updated our thread :)
      August 15, 2017, 09:40:34 AM
    • Adaro: The client is in Download section at Homepage
      August 15, 2017, 01:09:20 AM
    • FaTe_Of_GoDs: where do i get the client?????????????
      August 14, 2017, 05:23:14 PM
    • stCky: can anyone help me? I cant login to the shoutbox
      August 13, 2017, 05:45:15 PM
    • drubrkletern: appeal denied
      August 13, 2017, 02:35:27 PM
    • King_Trout:[link]
      August 13, 2017, 11:17:12 AM
    • Cole1497: no sorry
      August 13, 2017, 10:27:14 AM
    • ayz: yo can anyone explain something to me
      August 13, 2017, 08:08:51 AM
    • coolking12: Hi
      August 13, 2017, 04:16:06 AM
    • stCky: n+1
      August 11, 2017, 06:09:24 PM
    • PalidinoDH: How many more pages are going to show errors before this dude gets on and fixes shit
      August 11, 2017, 04:57:00 PM

Author Topic: The Biggest Tutorial In Moparscape, All About Modeling. [Adding models video up]  (Read 109032 times)

OfflineSilentCJ

• View Profile

This is now quite out of date, it is over a year old, and I believe the RSMV is currently non functional, until further notice.

This is quite possibly the biggest tutorial currently on Moparscape.

Don't just look at this and press the back button, because of the sheer size, it will explain everything, from modeling, to stealing runescape's models and manually animating wings, it's all here, just gotta use some common sense and a bit of patience and you can be good.

Please inform me of any general mistakes or invalid download links etc.
    If i have missed ANYTHING, please tell me and i will add asap, i'm trying to make the community better.
    Ok.

Contents

Section 1
    • 1.0 - The Basics (common sense) (Yes, it's a lesson on common sense, i feel it is needed.)
    • 1.1 - Program Downloads and How to Install Them
    Section 2
    • 2.0 - How to Remove Nulls In Your Client (Stealing Runescape Models)
    • 2.1 - How to Remove Nulls In Your Client Continued...(Adding The Models)
    • 2.2 - Using Ints, Recolouring Through Ints
    • 2.3 - Information About 503+ Models (Animating Problems)
    Section 3
    • 3.0 - Learning To Model With Metasequoia
    • 3.1 - Learning How to Draw Images Out In Metasequoia
    • 3.2 - How to Add A Glow Effect To Your Model - Video Tutorial - 100% by Mironic
    • 3.3 - Learning To Model With Other Programs
    • 3.4 - Videos of Me Modeling Basic Models
    • 3.5 - Manually Animating Using Metasequoia

Section 1

1.0 - The Basics (Forgive me if i'm stating the obvious...)
    Models
    Models are every visual thing in a runescape client which is not a sprite, this includes all the npc's, items, special attacks (gfx's), and objects. Models are also used in all 3D games, for example, Call of Duty 4, everything including all the guns, vehicles on the street etc has to be modeled by someone.

Organising and Use of Shortcuts
    If you are going to do anything in life to do with computers, you need to be organised, file everything into folders etc.
    I use a lot of shortcuts to get around my computer, i have shortcuts to my server, my client, my modeling folder, and runescape's cache models. You should do the same, it will make life a lot easier and quicker.

This Section
    Please, do not post lots of topics on your progress of your models or shitty models, take a look at them, and say to yourself, does it actually look good?
    Also, do not release runescape's models. Especially if JaGeX is not credited.
    If a topic has not been posted on for 2 or more months, do not post on it unless you have a very good reason to do so. People will refer to posting on these topics as 'gravedigging', or 'bumping'.

1.1 - Program Downloads - All These Programs are Virus Free.
    I suggest you save all these to the same place, for easier access.

WinRAR - http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar380.exe
    WinRAR is a piece of software that will unzip any .rar format files.
    Almost every member on moparscape will use winrar to zip their file releases, so it is highly recommended that you download.

DatMaker V1.3 - By MrPotatoHead - Please visit this topic.
    This program, is designed to view models in obj, mdl, mqo, dat format and more.
    It can convert these formats into dat, which is the format that the runescape clients use to load models.
    It can also be used to add basic animation data to most body parts.
    This is a must have if you want to add any models to your client.

Metasequoia 2.4.9 -
    This is the modeling program i will be using for the base of this tutorial.
    It is one of the most basic modeling programs ever, and is quite easy to get used to.
    It is possible to use other modeling programs to add models to runescape clients, but i will explain about that later.

Gzip -
    or

or
    http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=01383458341758270807L

or

(3 new download links, very sketchy file for some reason.)
    This is used to add models to your client.
    I will explain more about this later.

(Optional) Screen Capturer - Made By Me :) -
    This small application allows you to capture your screen.
    It was made by me with Visual Basics, i originally designed it for a friend, who's print screen was broken, lots of vista users have this problem, but this fixes it. :D

Section 2

2.0 - How to remove nulls in your client - part 1 - Stealing the models.

Step 1

To start, you will need to download a RSMV.

I have one right here, freshly uploaded, and it contains everything you will need.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=47502102223603414757
    Or

New links, love javacisnotrecognized.

Once they have downloaded (Shouldn't take long), extract the files from the winrar file using winRAR, if you do not have winRAR, please download it here as you will need this for like all downloads on moparscape and any other private server forum:
    Direct Download for WinRAR: http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar380.exe

Here's a pic of basically how to extract it.

Step 2 (Update as of March 2009 - This Step Is now required.)

Ok, open up the files you just downloaded.
    They should look a lot like this?

Open up the file named "Main.java"
    Press Ctrl + F, or just go to edit > Find.
    A little window should pop up, which will look like this:

Code: [Select]
    "World169.runescape.com"
    Type what it says in there and press "Find Next".

This will then scroll down to near the end of the text file.
    Basically, that is the address that the RSMV is extracting the models from.
    Also above and below that you will see the port number (43594) and the cache number you are trying (519),
    change that to 523 (Current cache number) if you want.

Ok, well, save and close that down.

(Btw, when there are any new items on runescape, if you do step 3 again, you can get them on the minute they are released!)
    (Everytime a bunch of runescape models are released, the cache number (523) is normally increased by one.)

Step 3

Nearly there.
    Head back to your files after saving and closing the main.java, now press compile.bat.
    Follow the instructions in the cmd then press a key to continue.

Now find run.bat and press on that.
    It will then start doing something.

If it doesn't, then download the latest javas, jdk and jre, here:
    JRE (Java Runtime Environment): www.java.com/getjava/
    JDK (Java Development Kit): http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

On with the tut, When you have pressed on run.bat, something a little like this should appear:

Then it will continue under that and start doing something like this.

It has now started extracting the models :D
    The number is the model ID, so, for the current 523 cache, that number will have to go all the way up to 44865
    This could take up to an hour, but it depends on your internet speed.

When it has finished, it will prompt you to "press any key to continue". Do that.
    It will close.

Step 4

Now go back to the main files, now look in your Models folder, oh em gee, its filled up with thousands of models :)
    To view them, you will need to open the RSMV application file, which looks like this.

Open it, it may take a few seconds, because 44k files is quite a lot to load.
    Ok, a huge new screen will open up, when maximized it will look like this.

This is the model viewer.
    On the left hand side, you will see a list of the numbers, these are all the models you just downloaded.

You will notice model number 1 is the common "Dwarf Head" that is seen in many clients today.

And the rest of the models, are, well, everything runescape is made up of :)

Well, have fun looking through all the models :D

Next - Part 2 - Adding, converting, gzipping and getting ready for client use.

Warning - Models that are past the ID of about 25,000 (Basically, all the models that were added after summoning), will have to be converted to MQO, re-animated using the Datmaker and then converted back to .Dat. This will make it able to add into a 317 client. If you do not follow this precedure, any model in this range of models will just disconnect you when added to the 317 client

2.1 - How to remove nulls in your client - part 2 - How to add the models.

Here's a video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKGweK4_msw for those who dislike reading or those who cannot seem to have their models working in game.

Ok, now you have your models from runescape, you will now want to add them to your client. (If not and you want to edit them using metasequoia, wait for a bit later in the tutorial.)

You now need to choose a model which you would like to add to your client.
    For this example, i am going to choose a barrelchest anchor, as you may not already have one in your client.
    I suggest you also choose this, just so you can get used to adding models first.

The inventory model id for the barrelchest anchor is 23133.
    The wield model id is 22787.
    Ok, now to hunt them down in your RSMV.

There we go, now, go into your actual models folder, and copy the models, 22787 and 23133 to another folder somewhere on their own.

Now, if you did not already download Gzip, download it now from section 1.1.
    I am now going to show you how to use it.

After you have downloaded it, extract the files using winrar, and you will extract files that look like this.

Ok now, you see that application file named gzip right there?
    You are going to need to paste this into a separate folder, just like you did with them models a minute ago. (Not the same folder...)

Now i recommend that you make a shortcut to this folder, for example, look at my shortcuts folder :) .

If you have not yet downloaded the datmaker, please scroll back to section 1.1 and do so.
    Ok, now back to your models, open them both up with the datmaker, it will look like this.

When opened, the screen will look like this.
    Look in the bottom left, when the wield model is selected, select right hand animation from the drop down menu, and set the priorities to 10 in the little text box. Outlined in red are the three things you will need to do, make .dat, being the last.

For the drop/inventory model, you do not need to add animation, just select no animation from the ddm.

Ok, now go to where you placed the anchor models, there should be two new models in there.
    Cut or copy these two new models (They should be 23133b.dat for example), into where you placed the Gzip application.
    Like this.

Then, you will need to literally, just drag the two .dat files onto the gzip application as shown below.

This will then turn them into zipped files, i.e, gzipped.
    Now, cut and paste these models into your client models folder.

If you do not currently have a client, please go to the moparscape downloads section, i recommend one of Galkon's base clients.

Ok, now you will need to rename the models you just pasted to a number between 8000 and 15000, if you use any lower, it will cause your cache to permanently corrupt, if you go any higher, it will just cause your client to not run.
    Here's mine, i named them 14123 and 14124 simply because it carries on from my previously added models.

Now, run your server, and run your client, log in

When logged in.
    I would need to type:
    add model 14123
    add model 14124

That is correspondent to my model id's.
    Replace the number with whatever you named your model.

If successful, something like this should appear in the chatbox.

Tbh, it probably won't say "all models added successfully", because, that was when i was experimenting, to try and make my client load all the models in one command.

If adding models is unsuccessful for you, try:
    add models
    add models #####
    ::add model #####
    Etc.
    If worst comes to worst, go into your client's side client.java, and search "model", and see if you can find the client side command for your client.

Adding The Add Models Deltascape Command - Highly recommended.

I found this command was extremely helpful when adding models, i would of found it impossible to make my 317 HD without this command.
    So i am going to share it with you, full credits to Deltascape.

Ok, open up your client.java client side.

On edit, press find, or hit ctrl + f, and search this.
    model

There, you will probably see a command similar to this one.

Is what we need to do, is completely replace that command, with this one.

So, replace this whole code:
       if(s.startsWith("add model"))
    {
     try
     {
       int ModelIndex = Integer.parseInt(s.substring(10));
        byte[] abyte0 = GetModel(ModelIndex);
         if(abyte0 != null && abyte0.length > 0){
           aClass14Array970[1].method234(abyte0.length, abyte0, (byte)2, ModelIndex);
           method77("All Models Added Successfully.", 0, "", aBoolean991);
    }else{
           method77("Unable to find the model. "+ModelIndex, 0, "", aBoolean991);
     }
    }
     catch(Exception e)
      {
         method77("Syntax - ::add model <path>", 0, "", aBoolean991);}

With this one:

if(s.startsWith("add models")) {
    for(int anIntX = 0; anIntX < 15000; anIntX++) {
        byte[] abyte0 = GetModel(anIntX);
         if(abyte0 != null && abyte0.length > 0){
           aClass14Array970[1].method234(abyte0.length, abyte0, (byte)2, anIntX);
           method77("Model: ["+anIntX+"] added successfully!", 0, "", aBoolean991);
    }else{
    }
    }

Ok, if all is successful, save, compile, no errors, run your client, type "add models", and every single model in your models folder will be added.
    Note: It may lagg for a few seconds if you have a lot of models, mine laggs for about 10 seconds, due to my client having over 4000 models in it's folder.

Ok, scroll onto the next tutorial to learn all about ints; part 3 of the adding models to your client section.
    « Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 07:15:36 PM by SilentCJ »
    Still lurkin'

OfflineSilentCJ

• View Profile
    Re: The Biggest Tutorial In Moparscape, All About Modeling.
    « Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 05:06:32 PM »
    2.2 - Part 3 - Using Ints, and Recolouring Through The Ints

This code is required to get the models into your client.
    Ok before you start moaning, ints are really not that hard.

Here is my basic template for item ints.

Item Ints (The variables placed in class8.java)

if(i == #####) // Your desired item id (the one you use after ::pickup ##### #)
    {
    class8.aStringArray189 = new String[5];
    class8.aStringArray189[1] = "Wear"; // String name, this can be changed to wield, or attach, or whatever you want
    class8.anInt174 = #####; // Drop/Inv Model
    class8.anInt165 = #####; // Male Wield Model
    class8.anInt200 = #####; // Female Wield
    class8.anInt188 = #####; // Male arms/sleeves (Leave as -1 if not used)
    class8.anInt164 = #####; // Female arms/sleeves (Leave as -1 if not used)
    class8.anInt181 = 800; // Zoom - Increase to make inv model smaller
    class8.anInt190 = 498; // Rotate up/down -  Increase to rotate upwards
    class8.anInt198 = 1300; // Rotate right/left - Increase to rotate right
    class8.anInt169 = -1; // Position in inv, increase to move right
    class8.anInt194 = -1; // Position in inv, increase to move up
    class8.aString170 = "@@@@@@@@@@@"; // Item Name
    class8.aByteArray178 = "@@@@@@@@@@".getBytes(); // Item Examine
          }

Notes
    • The model id's must correspond to the model numbers that are placed in your models folder.
    • If there are no sleeve/arms models, for example, with a weapon, then leave the number as just -1 (Or you can just delete the whole of the line)
    • When renaming models when putting them into your models folder, they must be renamed between 8000 - 15000, if not, then your cache may become broken, and simple models such as chickens, may be overwritten by the armadyl godsword special gfx.
    • The polygon count must be between 1 and about 1500 at the max, or it will just disconnect you

The bits with "#", need to be replaced with numbers.
    The bits with "@", need to be replaced with letters.

The code should be added under the last "}" you see after a previously added item in your class8.java.

If you would like information on how to add custom NPCs, objects, and gfx's to your client, go here.

Now.
    If you can't be bothered to open up metasequoia and recolour a runescape model, then it is possible to do it through the ints.
    Note: This is only possible with runescape models, e.g, if you wanted to recolour a steel defender to a rune defender.

This is fairly simple, you need to add these strings into your ints for the item you would like to recolour.

class8.anIntArray156 = new int[2]; // Number of Original Colours Changed
    class8.anIntArray160 = new int[2]; // Number of New Model Colours Changed
    class8.anIntArray156[0] = 28; // Original Colour 1
    class8.anIntArray156[1] = 74; // Original Colour 2
    class8.anIntArray160[0] = 38676; // New Model Colour 1
    class8.anIntArray160[1] = 38313; // New Model Colour 2

That is the code to recolour a steel defender to a rune one.

"74", is the colour of the steel on a steel defender, "38676", is the colour of rune on a rune defender.
    So it is telling the client to change the colour of steel to rune.

Notice next to "new int", it has the number 2, this is the number of recoloured parts, notice i have used to, the first being the one explained above, and the second, is the slightly darker handle of the defender.
    When you recolour more parts, the number 2 has to be increased by 1.

Also, next to the changed and original colours, there is also a number "[1]", and a number "0", this is the number of the changed/original colour, so, if i wanted to add another recoloured part, i would have to make the next set "[2]", and "[3]" and so on.

To find out the colours, you can go into metasequoia and open up the model, and look in the material panel, and on a steel defender, it would say "mat74", that is the colour id.
    Other than that, there is no real way to find out the colour id of a model.

So, the overall ints for my rune defender looks like this.

if(i == 13601)  // change this if you need to "item number"
    {
    class8.aStringArray189 = new String[5];
    class8.aStringArray189[1] = "Wield";//New option
    class8.anIntArray156 = new int[2]; // Number of Original Colours Changed
    class8.anIntArray160 = new int[2]; // Number of New Model Colours Changed
    class8.anIntArray156[0] = 28; // Original Colour 1
    class8.anIntArray156[1] = 74; // Original Colour 2
    class8.anIntArray160[0] = 38676; // New Model Colour 1
    class8.anIntArray160[1] = 38313; // New Model Colour 2
    class8.anInt174 = 4671; //Model ID
    class8.anInt181 = 490;//Model Zoom
    class8.anInt190 = 344;//Model Rotation
    class8.anInt198 = 192;//Unknown
    class8.anInt204 = 138;//Unknown
    class8.anInt199 = -1;//noteable
    class8.anInt169 = 1;//Unknown
    class8.anInt194 = 20;//Unknown
    class8.anInt165 = 4672;//male wearing
    class8.anInt200 = 14142;//female wearing
    class8.anInt175 = 56;//Unknown
    class8.anInt197 = 116;//Unknown
    class8.anInt164 = -1;//Female arms/sleeves
    class8.anInt188 = -1;//male arms/sleeves
    class8.aBoolean176 = false;//Stackable
    class8.aString170 = "Rune defender";//Name of the new item
    class8.aByteArray178 = "A defensive weapon.".getBytes();//examin info
            }

That's all with ints, tell me if i need to explain further.

2.3 - Information About 503+ models and Animating Problems.

Ok, when JaGeX updated their graphics, every single model was remodeled to fit the runescape character differently, because of this, the models extracted using the RSMV no longer fit a 317 character.
    Also, when stealing the models, they have to be converted to MQO, then converted to dat using animation of some sort.
    If you would like to learn how to manually animate stuff, read on until the last few steps of the whole tutorial.

Read on about this later.
    Just be careful when adding HD models to your client if you don't know what you're doing.

Section 3 - Learning to Model

3.0 - Learning to Model With Metasequoia

If you have not downloaded Metasequoia yet, do so from section 1.1.
    This is the program that the majority of the community uses, it is ideal for runescape based models.
    Don't complain to me it's hard, metasequoia is the most basic modeling in the world, you may not believe me until you try programs like 3DS Max, Blender, and Cinema4D.

OK, first of all, we want to register your version of metasequoia, solely for the reason that you can.
    Open up metasequoia, and on the top menu, right up the top, click Help, then in the drop down menu, there is a button that says "Registration", click this.
    Should bring up a menu where a serial and password needs to be submitted.

Use one of these:

serial 372A39-2132
    password j1eT-W2NR-Br04

serial 4C6A3w-699F
    password gs31-cCDb-3TdO

serial 7436Bj-50E3
    password jxhg-GUDx-wruX

serial 71A54J-2954
    password qRv2-M93U-sfDY

serial 1498Ds-7837
    password uWXt-YlwE-Naeh

Click Ok, or w/e, and it should give you a small message.
    Restart metasequoia, and under Object toolbar, there should be some tools, e.g, delete lines, there are several other tools in different menu's also but i'm not gonna go on about them.

Important: Go to file, and untick basic mode.
    A bunch of new tools should appear on the left side menu.

I am now going to explain the main tools and what each one does.

Navigating
    These tools are found in the top right corner of metasequoia.

Zoom

This is an alternative to a mouse scroll wheel basically, just click and drag this button to zoom in or out.

Move View

You will find you will need this a lot, it basically moves the view up/down/left/right, according to which way you drag your mouse.

Rotate View

This is also an alternative to a right mouse click and drag, it rotates the view any way that you want.

View Change

This is used to change the view, i will explain more in the next section.

Main Tools

First of all, make your left side toolbar look like this by opening and closing each of the tabs, this will make mine and your life a lot easier.

Right now i'm going to go through each tool individually.

This is the edit section, under the command tab, what i will be explaining firstly.

Select
    This tool can be used to select lines, points, and faces, you can select multiple faces/lines/points by holding down shift.

Rect (Abrev. for Rectangle)
    This tool is basically a select tool, except you can select with a rectangle.
    _CJ/SquareSelectTool.jpg

Rope
    Another select tool, this one you can draw ropes around the object you want to select.
    Here i am selecting a single spike on my shield.
    _CJ/RopeTool.jpg

Move
    This tool can move the selected point/line/face, just click and drag the arrows in the direction you would like to move, handy tool, here i am moving a spike from my shield.
    _CJ/MoveTool.jpg

Scale
    This tool is used to scale the selected line/face, it can be overall scaled, horizontally scaled, or vertically scaled.
    Here is an example where i am scaling my spike.
    _CJ/ScaleTool.jpg

Rot (Abrev. for Rotate)
    Pretty much self explanatory, drag the lines around the selected object to rotate it in that direction.
    _CJ/RotateTool.jpg

Local
    This scales, moves, or rotates the current object.
    _CJ/LocalTool.jpg

UV and Map
    These are un needed, if you really want to find out how to use these tools, do it yourself, i figured out all these tools by myself.

Now onto the edit section.

Primitive
    Used to create basic shapes; primitives, press segment to increase the segments in the shape, scale to increase/decrease the size, move, to move it, and create to finalise the primitive and add it into the scene.

Create
    This is possibly the most important tool of all, but, i'm not going to explain it yet, look at the next section for the tutorial.

Del (Abrev. for Delete)
    Deletes the face, line, or point that you click on.

Invert
    Inverts the selected face(s), turning them inside out.

Extrd (Abrev. for Extrude)
    Brings out the selected face(s). Pulls them outwards, making them 3D.

Mat (Abrev. for Material)
    Applies the selected material onto the face that you click.
    _CJ/MatTool.jpg

Now for the L&V section.
    I can't really explain many of these, because i don't use them very often, and tbh, you can only work out what exactly they do by experience.

Pull
    Pulls the selected point/line/face in the direction you move it.

Magnet
    Similar to Pull, its attract the faces/lines/points to where you place the magnet.

Bend
    Self explanatory, bends the selected faces, i used this to bend my faces in my shield.
    _CJ/BendTool.jpg

Wgt (Abrev. for Weight)
    This is used for manually animating models, i may explain about this later in the tutorial.

Now for the Misc section

Don't worry if you don't have the last japanese tool, that is a plugin i downloaded.

Blob
    Also pretty self explanatory, it placed blobs of the selected primitive shape to the scene.

Paint
    Use this tutorial, very helpful, and something that even I didn't know. :o

Thanks shrogg.

BkImg (Abrev. for Background Image)
    Basically adds a specified backround image to the current view.

View
    Same sort of thing as the top right tools, except in one button.

Other Tools

In the system tab.

Open - Opens a model.
    Saveas - Saves the current model.
    Insert - Used to insert a MQO file into the current scene.
    Doc Info - Displays info about the current scene.
    Config - Displays preferences about metasequoia.
    ObjPanel - Displays the object panel.
    MatPanel - Displays the material panel.
    ObjProp - Displays the object properties.
    MatProp - Displays the material properties.

The edit tab.

Sel all - Selects all objects.
    Unsel All - Do i really have to explain that?
    Sel Obj - Selects the current object.
    Sel Mat - Selects the current material.
    Hide - Hides the selected faces.
    Show - Shows any hidden faces.
    Fix - Fixes faces and vertices. (?)
    Unfix - Unfixes faces and vertices.

Random Other stuff

Object Panel

The first button, is whether the object is visible, second being whether it's locked, and the third bit, the text, is the object name, double click on the text to view the properties.

View name and settings

Pers - Perspective, the name of the current view mode.
    Pt - Toggles the view of points on or off.
    Ln - Toggles the view of lines on or off.
    Fc - Toggles the view of faces on or off. (wireframe mode)
    Si - Not actually sure. Lol.
    Fr - Same ^ ^

Use of the Material Panel
    The material panel is where we add colour to your faces, note the word faces, you cannot apply materials to a bunch of lines.
    This is the material panel, just incase you don't know where it is, it is normally located in the bottom right of the application.

The colours are the colours that are being used in my model.

Now this window is opened by double clicking on the material, it then displays the material properties panel, this is where you can change a lot of settings to do with the material.

Notice, i have numbered the main features from 1 to 8 in this window.
    I am now going to explain what each of these does.

1. List of materials.
    2. Alpha setting, basically a 3d opacity setting, the higher the number, the more visible it is, if the alpha settings is very low, it will be see through.
    3. Texture adding, press ref to locate a texture or image on your computer to add to the material, several textures are included with metasequoia, located in the folder.
    4. Material Name.
    5. Hue colour setting.
    6. Saturation colour setting.
    7. Value colour setting.
    8. Specular setting, having this to 100% can make your model very shiny. :)

Work out the rest of the settings yourself.

Press OK to confirm the material.
    Remember, the material can be applyed to the model parts using the 'mat' tool.
    Also, if you like to apply the material to the whole model, press select all, and go to selected on the top menu, and press "set material to faces".

That's done for this section.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 07:48:35 AM by SilentCJ »
    Still lurkin'

OfflineSilentCJ

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 05:07:46 PM »
    3.1 - Learning How to Draw Images Out In Metasequoia

Ok, this was kinda needed, a few people have asked me how i did the crowns on my cape, etc.

So yeah.

First of all, open up metasequoia.

When it has loaded, look in the top right corner of the blue part of the screen.
    There should be a little icon that looks like this.

This will open up a 4 way view, which will look like this.

Basically, in each of the windows, near the top, there is a header, the 3d view is called the 'Perspective' view, there are several other views, for example, front, left, bottom, top, orthographic, right, etc.
    We need to find the one with the header 'Top'

As shown in the picture, we need to click the little green symbol in the right side of that quarter window.
    This will now switch back to full screen window, but this time, you can only see objects in 2d, you cannot rotate the view camera.

Ok, now if you to the top left of the blue window, there are a few words and buttons.
    We need to click on the one with says 'Img', standing for Image.

Note: You must right click the button.

Ok, it will now bring up this window in the centre of the screen.

Ok, now this is where we need to find the image we want to draw out.
    Go to google.com, or wherever you want to obtain your image from.
    Save the image to somewhere you can remember, on your computer, as you now need to locate it in your computer.
    Where it says top (Back in metasequoia, on the pop up window), click the button load, it will bring up the standard open file dialog.
    Locate your file and press open.
    Now press ok.

You should return to the main metasequoia screen.
    Except, now we have an image placed in it.
    This is mine, just using as an example.

Right, now we need to actually start drawing around the image.

Firstly, on the top toolbar, under file, untick basic mode.
    Now on the left hand toolbar you have a variety of tools.
    Make your left hand toolbar look like this, by closing and opening the tabs.

Notice i have highlighted the 'Create' tool, you will need to click this.
    Now somewhere in the main blue window, a little popup window should appear. (It may not appear in the blue, just look for it.)
    Anyway, it should look like this.

Notice i have again, highlighted the word 'Line'.
    Click this.

Now in the main blue window, you will notice you can click, and create dot to dots everywhere.
    Well yes, this is what we need to do to draw the image, make hundreds of little dot to dots everywhere.
    Exciting eh?

So, yeh, this is one i roughly did.
    Note - Please don't draw the image out as badly as i've done, i only did that as an example, i will hunt you down if you do.

Notice the 'line' button is still selected.

When you are finished drawing around your image, switch to perspective view, you can do this by repeating step 1, but instead of clicking on top view, click on perspective.
    Bringing you back to your 3d view.

Now, on the little create popup, we need to select 'face', not 'line' this time.
    Then, you will have to start basically, joining up all the dots you just created.
    Here's the example, partway through.

To colour it, create a new material with the material panel, or material properties, either will do, and then selecting a colour from the, uh, colour wheel.
    Then on the left hand toolbar, find the word, 'mat', which stands for material, and press on the face you would like to colour the selected material.

Anyway.
    When you are done colouring and dot to dot-ing, the finished product should be similar to this, this is one i made a day ago.

Right, now basically, we need to scale the object, and rotate it, then move it.
    If you do not know how to use these tools, please find a tutorial, I'm not going to teach you everything.

This is my object scaled and rotated.

Now we need to move it onto an object, i am going to use a cape.
    You can insert another object by going to, file, and insert.

Basically, just use the move tool, and scale it onto the cape.
    Here is the finished product.

Not bad eh.

Finally, select everything you have, by going to select all on the left hand toolbar, and on the top toolbar menu, go to selected, and 'Triangulate selected faces', this is very important if you wish to add your model in game.

If you're wondering how i got my crowns quite detailed, well, i just took a little more time, here is the wireframe.

Then i just applied the material to every individual square.

3.2 - Adding a Glow Effect - Video Tutorial - By Mironic

Completely 100% by Mironic, thank you.

Especially for new modelers
    Hardness 1/10 (super mega awesomely easy)
    Programs Needed - Metasequoia
    (NOTE: this is for the new modellers)

Link to video:

Enjoy.

3.3 - Learning to Model With Other Programs

Well, if you dislike metasequoia, and wish to move onto more advanced programs, the stickied topic is for you.

https://forum.moparscape.org/index.php/topic,331601.0.html/

^ ^ Credits to Frell for constructing the list.

3.4 - Videos of Me Modeling Basic Models

I thought some videos would help you better understand how i model.
    I can't do too complex models, because i can only upload 10 minutes to youtube, and if i sped it up from about 3 hours, it would just be too quick.

A very basic sword and hilt -
    First video, sorry it's not an actual tutorial, and the program i used to record it automatically started randomly changing the camera view angles lol.

Glaive -
    Fairly good model, suits the sort of runescape theme, fitted in with the client very well.
    Quite detailed, i had to speed it up by 6 to get it under 10 minutes, therefore it took me just barely over an hour in total.

Epiphone Guitar -
    Fairly detailed guitar, looks shit at beginning, gets better as i develop the neck, the model actually only took 1 and a half hours.

BC Rich Draco Guitar -
    Probably my favourite model of all time, probably tied with the gibson sg, took me 2 and half hours, great model.

Yes i like guitars. I find them more enjoying than most models.

3.5 - Manually Animating Using Metasequoia

Manually animating using metasequoia will enable you to add any type of model, that moves.
    This is extremely helpful because when Runescape updated to HD, a lot of their models, had corrupted animation data, therefore it doesn't move/work in game.
    But this is also helpful for adding custom armour and weapons to your client with no glitches.

Okay, firstly, follow MrPotatoHead's tutorials, at here.

http://datmaker.dragonscape.info
    Full credits to MrPotatoHead. You own.

Follow the whole tutorial, in the tutorial you will need to add some values to parts of your models.
    Here are some basic templates for all parts of the body.
    Damn this took a long time.

Firstly.

Helmets/Heads

Platebodies/Bodies

Arms

Platelegs/Legs

Boots/Feet

Gloves/Hands

Capes

Shields

Weapons (Sword based)

Amulets/Necklaces

LEFT UNFINISHED, will finish at a later date.
    « Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 06:03:15 AM by SilentCJ »
    Still lurkin'

OfflineKrackkid

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 05:11:29 PM »
    very nice! this will help lots of people out (maybe even me :D) anyways good tut I mite post my basic tut of the basic things in meta to use this should be stickied :D

OfflineFrell

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 05:16:40 PM »
    Excellent.

Would you like me to take down your other sticky?

OfflineKrackkid

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 05:28:49 PM »
    Excellent.

he not on msn so I cant tell him this but I really dont think he will mind cause he put that tut in this post as well frell.

OfflineSilentCJ

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 05:29:35 PM »
    Excellent.

Thanks, still unfinished though, few notes left at the end to add.

And yes please, lock/remove at your will, and if you like, track down my drawing tutorial, as that is included in this.

Posted on: 23-04-2009, 17:01:38
    Damn.
    My camtasia studio's screen recorder has stopped responding, i was gonna make a high poly glaive which would take 2 hours.
    Still lurkin'

OfflineTabbyKiller

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 06:48:32 PM »
    Ok ok dude you own.
    « Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 07:09:47 PM by TabbyKiller »

OfflineTatemo

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 07:24:03 PM »
    fudge...... Amazing read the whole thing I reckon it has to be the longest tut. Please finish it. Love you long time Cj. Oh and one last thing PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell us how to put the 508 character into our 317 client pwease pwetty pwease with a cherry on top -does puppy dog eyes- :<)

OfflineSilentCJ

• View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 07:48:27 PM »
    fudge...... Amazing read the whole thing I reckon it has to be the longest tut. Please finish it. Love you long time Cj. Oh and one last thing PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell us how to put the 508 character into our 317 client pwease pwetty pwease with a cherry on top -does puppy dog eyes- :<)

Tbh, i've told you everything you need to know, you have the models, you know how to manually animate them, you just need to think.
    And yes, i will finish it when i get time.
    I will probably release a model pack full of some of my greatest models sometime.

Also, second video for modeling is currently being uploaded, fairly detailed model, showing how i modeled it and then added into my client.
    Still lurkin'

OfflineGamerstips

• View Profile
      • GamersTips Forums
    « Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 07:51:10 PM »
    Very very good.

I appreciate all the time and hard work you put into it.
    My new cartoon/video website:
    www.joshuaandpecky.co.nr

Offlinerecker450

• View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 07:59:36 PM »
    thnx it helped a lot

perhaps there will be less recolors in this sections after they read this nice job

OfflineH2O

• View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 08:00:53 PM »
    Thanks for this!
    I have been waiting for it!

Offlinethe elve age

• the elve age
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 08:15:37 PM »
    This is the BEST TUTORIAL i have ever seen. EVER Great job silent.
    "The secret to getting things done is to act" -Dante Alighieri

Offlinepure ess ftw

• View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 08:20:18 PM »
    holy shit, an in-depth tut. on mopar that actualy makes sence to every1 and works(also that TOOK some effort!)? omg no way! great job! im loving it :o
    Quote from: kidzcoder
    where can i learn to codecorrectly?
    -too signiture your as this put, twice this in backwards word the saw you because backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

Offlinerecker450

• View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 08:27:36 PM »
    holy shit, an in-depth tut. on mopar that actualy makes sence to every1 and works(also that TOOK some effort!)? omg no way! great job! im loving it :o
    lol macdonalds

ONTOPIC:Is their someways to give it special movements without gfx

i added my light sabers and i did not add any gfx to it and it makes a cool effect when u walk

Offliner o l l cage

• View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 09:04:30 PM »
    GREATEST TUTORIAL EVER! [if not the biggest! ]
    :D
    BACK..

OfflineTatemo

• View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 02:47:25 AM »
    But u havent done any spoon feeding is such a way that i might get the gist of how to make 508 char on 317. How about this..... The required models and the code and where to put it and you only tell me XD And ill give you lots of love and a small cat ("Disclaimer" Cat may be invisible and unanimated (Doesn't work on the current life client sorry))

Offlineak226688

• View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 04:49:35 AM »
    o noooo i need section 4.1! wen section for gunna be done?

btw nice tut.
    Hacked by T X

Offlinepk3r john

• View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 07:04:54 AM »
    when I make my model, such as, the anchor, what do I put as the item id?
    When I just recolor, I just replace the original item with the new one, but there is
    no item id for the anchor, at least I couldn't find one.
    1 minute 2 midnight 4 real amg lel jus gut bak frum snowbording n im hela tierd dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.