Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • ragnoroker: New Server! - Join today, double exp this weekend :) - [link]
      August 22, 2019, 11:44:10 AM
    • ragnoroker: New Server! - Join today, double exp this weekend :) - [link]
      August 22, 2019, 11:44:02 AM
    • gogata: holy crap time to make a rsps again 10 years later since i made this acc LOL
      August 21, 2019, 03:23:51 PM
    • hodford: yo autoscape has keylogger in cache, ive been member in this community since 2011
      August 20, 2019, 08:57:42 PM
    • E S C O B A R: Anyone able to help me, i'm trying to find a decent source/client to start from , I haven't been near a laptop in over two years . Does much people still play RSPS's also?
      August 19, 2019, 04:52:38 PM
    • dan v jad: Great osrsps experience - check us out - join on discord! dxp, dpoints [link]
      August 19, 2019, 09:50:00 AM
    • ragnoroker: Brand new server! Double EXP is enabled right now aswell as other events! - [link]
      August 18, 2019, 07:14:43 AM
    • ragnoroker: Brand new server! Double EXP is enabled right now aswell as other events! - [link]
      August 18, 2019, 07:14:35 AM
    • puppajohn: Come and join us today for amazing content !
      August 16, 2019, 10:26:16 PM
    • puppajohn:[link] come and join us now! you have donator on your server? no problem we restore your donator credits and symbol ! free M box on loggins
      August 16, 2019, 10:26:02 PM
    • PavSwag: autoscape,0rg kill REVS for chance of TWISTED BOW || EP GETS YOU OSRS GP TOKENS
      August 15, 2019, 05:13:07 PM
    • hodford: autoscape,0rg is actually fudgein lit as come check it out
      August 13, 2019, 02:59:58 AM
    • ragnoroker: Brand new server! Hosting Raids Event all day + More! - 20+ online, Join today [link]
      August 11, 2019, 07:45:49 AM
    • ragnoroker: Brand new server! Hosting Raids Event all day + More! - 20+ online, Join today [link]
      August 11, 2019, 07:45:46 AM
    • PavSwag: autoscape,0rg kill REVS for chance of TWISTED BOW
      August 08, 2019, 07:29:43 PM
    • ragnoroker:Brand new server! Endless Content - Mature Players/Staff - 20+ online, Join today [link]
      August 08, 2019, 11:05:53 AM
    • ragnoroker:Brand new server! Endless Content - Mature Players/Staff - 20+ online, Join today [link]
      August 08, 2019, 11:05:46 AM
    • asshole_rule: bernie sanders
      August 06, 2019, 07:54:02 PM
    • PavSwag: #AS 100M OSRS GP GIVEAWAY!! [link] 317 Oldschool RuneScape Private Server emulating core factors of the game with a strong economy and balance of experience to bossing and prestiging -Receive DONATOR Perks by maxing to 99s- Lumbridge remade - Login with a starter set of armour and items - PK District - Preloading sets - Activity points for training - All Skills Working, Skilling Island, Skilling Pets, Skilling Rewards - All Working Max Capes - 25+ Bosses with Pets - Superior Slayer Encounters - Player Owned Shops - Minigames, Construction, Sawmill, Warriors Guild, Pest Control, Barrows (with pets), Fight Caves, Inferno Caves, Chambers of Xeric, Custom Raids - NPC Drop Table, Kills Tracker, Points Tracker, Extra settings. - Doubled Xp & Points Weekends - Vote System - Vote4Donor - Competitive Highscores - Tons of Content - Join us today for bonus giveaways and free ultra mystery box upon login!   Official YouTube Media: [youtube]P5D0eXEmjA4[/youtube] Join NOW Ill personally give you Ultra Mystery Boxes (Twisted Bow??) Im the Developer :smiley: Heres the Discord:  [link] BTW 100m OSRS GP Giveaways WEEKLY!
      August 05, 2019, 01:05:53 PM
    • ragnoroker: Brand new server! Endless Content - Mature Players/Staff - 20+ online, Join today :) - [link]
      August 05, 2019, 12:48:52 PM

Author Topic: Mopar Weekly (#6)  (Read 37707 times)

OfflinePure_

• View Profile
    Re: Mopar Weekly (#6)
    « Reply #20 on: July 08, 2015, 10:46:26 AM »
    I know a website where StarBlaster is still active and has answered a PM I sent to him in the past. How cool would it be to get him to answer some interview questions, or Ikilikki for that matter.

Anyways this was an awesome read, Taharok is definitely one of the most 'storied' members on the site. He's pretty much seen it all :)
    I would like to do both, if you could arrange starblaster that would be interesting.
    i won the forum
    Runescape Gambling

OfflineNewty

• View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: July 08, 2015, 10:58:57 AM »
    I know a website where StarBlaster is still active and has answered a PM I sent to him in the past. How cool would it be to get him to answer some interview questions, or Ikilikki for that matter.

Anyways this was an awesome read, Taharok is definitely one of the most 'storied' members on the site. He's pretty much seen it all :)
    I would like to do both, if you could arrange starblaster that would be interesting.

I just realized that the message I sent him was 4 years ago. What. The. fudge. Time flies.. Here's what he said to me:

Hey buddy,

How's it going? Nice to hear from an old school cheater :)

There were a few reasons I decided to leave, but without going into all the drama (lets face it, interent drama is pretty childish, right?), there were two main reason:
    I simply bacame too busy - Around the time I decided to leave, I had started Uni, was enjoying myself quite a lot, and picked up a lot of new responsibilities. Although I checked in once in a while, I just became out of touch with the whole scene over time.
    Cheating on RuneScape became very Java based; All of the java bots started to boom, and even SCAR bought in Java to help combat the new cheat detection systems. I was simply not interested in Java at all.

That's pretty much it! I've now got a great job as a Web Developer, and have little time for anything else. I barely have any time to browse this forum now, let alone help manage about 5 all at once!

I'm pretty sure no one really minded me leaving anyways.

Good to hear from you, and nice to know you used my scripts. I really enjoyed making them back in the day :)

Star

And as for the reason he's never came back:

I actually changed all of my passwords on all the forums I was on so as to stop myself from being tempted back onto any sites. I'm not really sure me posting an update is of too much interest to anyone anyway even if I did post one, and I'm sure the cheating scene has advanced tenfold since I decided to concentrate on other things!

It'd be nice to read the replies though, so if you could post a few here, that'd be awesome (If there are any)

Thanks

I could try sending him a message but his last activity on that site was November of 2014.
    Runescape Gambling

Offlinet4

• View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: July 08, 2015, 11:04:34 AM »
    I disagree Taharok, RSPS programming is interesting and useful but you have to take it to that level.
    Put it on a resume and I'll laugh

Why would you? The skills could spur your own project though.
    violating copyright law over emulating a kids game coupled with the amount of bullshit code in the scene doesn't make your case as an impressive candidate. a private (or in a repo w/o a community) bot on the other hand is a different story ;)
    Runescape Gambling

Offlinet4

• View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: July 08, 2015, 11:36:07 AM »
    I don't really foresee any problems with botting/private server stuff, especially if you're not running a big money making operation like Soulsplit or something.
    That's more what I was hinting at with the copyright stuff

Offlinecasey.

• View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: July 08, 2015, 07:11:57 PM »
    i still remember taharok banning me on rs2cc for spamming 9 years ago ;)

ps tom do u like my ip I'm in south america !!

« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 07:15:53 PM by casey. »
    Server Developer

OfflineRodgerwilco

• View Profile
    « Reply #25 on: July 08, 2015, 09:48:22 PM »
    Surprised at how many Mopar Weeklys I have been listed on :P
    RSC Update: JMods still lack interest. Lots and lots of debating.
    Another Update: Jagex still doesn't a fk. GG Community

OfflineTaharok

• View Profile
      • Thornefall
    « Reply #26 on: July 09, 2015, 11:44:28 PM »

I just realized that the message I sent him was 4 years ago. What. The. fudge. Time flies.. Here's what he said to me:

Hey buddy,

How's it going? Nice to hear from an old school cheater :)

There were a few reasons I decided to leave, but without going into all the drama (lets face it, interent drama is pretty childish, right?), there were two main reason:
    I simply bacame too busy - Around the time I decided to leave, I had started Uni, was enjoying myself quite a lot, and picked up a lot of new responsibilities. Although I checked in once in a while, I just became out of touch with the whole scene over time.
    Cheating on RuneScape became very Java based; All of the java bots started to boom, and even SCAR bought in Java to help combat the new cheat detection systems. I was simply not interested in Java at all.

That's pretty much it! I've now got a great job as a Web Developer, and have little time for anything else. I barely have any time to browse this forum now, let alone help manage about 5 all at once!

I'm pretty sure no one really minded me leaving anyways.

Good to hear from you, and nice to know you used my scripts. I really enjoyed making them back in the day :)

Star

And as for the reason he's never came back:

I actually changed all of my passwords on all the forums I was on so as to stop myself from being tempted back onto any sites. I'm not really sure me posting an update is of too much interest to anyone anyway even if I did post one, and I'm sure the cheating scene has advanced tenfold since I decided to concentrate on other things!

It'd be nice to read the replies though, so if you could post a few here, that'd be awesome (If there are any)

Thanks

I could try sending him a message but his last activity on that site was November of 2014.

Yes. I haven't talked to him since like 2007. It'd be cool to touch base again; no real reason to stay away from these sites anyway. :P

OfflineiKilem

• View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: July 10, 2015, 06:26:49 PM »
    I disagree Taharok, RSPS programming is interesting and useful but you have to take it to that level.
    Funnily enough I actually mentioned RSPS in an interview when I was asked about my Java experience. Literally the only experience I have. If you know how to bullshit, you can make it sound impressive (resume maybe tougher). In any case, I got the job.
    ~iKilem

OfflinePure_

• View Profile
    « Reply #28 on: July 10, 2015, 07:14:00 PM »
    Funnily enough I actually mentioned RSPS in an interview when I was asked about my Java experience. Literally the only experience I have. If you know how to bullshit, you can make it sound impressive (resume maybe tougher). In any case, I got the job.
    I think it can be very impressive depending on what you have done with it (obviously changing server name doesn't count in this band of people).
    i won the forum

Offlinesk8rdude461

• MOPARSCAPE WAS HACKED
      • View Profile
    « Reply #29 on: July 10, 2015, 09:03:39 PM »
    I've gotten a few side gigs (nothing professional or contracted, just NOT rsps stuff) because of my work with RSPS.
    It wasn't like "look at the work I did to this server". It was more like "Yeah I've got a few years experience working on some private servers".
    Bullshitting your experience to make it sound better than it is (But not unbelievable) is really the best way to get hired for any profession though.

OfflineSi Force

• The beekeeper
      • View Profile
    « Reply #30 on: July 12, 2015, 12:02:19 AM »
    This was an interesting read, good job. :)
    There is a house in New Orleans

Check out the Official Moparscape Server! Being developed by Sinisoul and Davidi2

OfflineDavidi2

• View Profile
    « Reply #31 on: July 12, 2015, 12:37:57 AM »
    Yea, I don't really get the snide comment from t4 here. You don't always have to be exactly specific on a resume, nothing wrong with listing rsps development as programming experience. If you have/had a successful server you can even list that as community management experience and if they ask for details you just be pretty vague about how you managed a game community and what that entails. I wouldn't even consider it bullshitting, it's still a learning experience you are just spinning the words to be more resume appropriate. Obviously if you try to make it sound a lot more grand than what you actually know and have experience doing you might run into issues, but otherwise I don't see the problem.
    « Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 12:39:45 AM by Davidi2 »

Offlinet4

• View Profile
    « Reply #32 on: July 12, 2015, 02:49:25 AM »
    Yea, I don't really get the snide comment from t4 here. You don't always have to be exactly specific on a resume, nothing wrong with listing rsps development as programming experience. If you have/had a successful server you can even list that as community management experience and if they ask for details you just be pretty vague about how you managed a game community and what that entails. I wouldn't even consider it bullshitting, it's still a learning experience you are just spinning the words to be more resume appropriate. Obviously if you try to make it sound a lot more grand than what you actually know and have experience doing you might run into issues, but otherwise I don't see the problem.
    I don't know, unless you're a university freshman looking for a summer internship with nothing else to show it's pretty silly. At the end of a day the core of an RSPS is some pretty basic design patterns and (a)sychronous I/O. You could get fancy and embed a language, but most of that suff is done for you by high level features including the networking (yeah, yeah you need to expose the backend to the script but whatever). The real bulk of the time comes implementing all of the gameplay features it took Jagex years to roll out. I still find reverse engineering the client infinitely more impressive since you're given a black box and have to bend it to your needs and learn about its internal state.
    « Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 02:51:10 AM by t4 »

Offlinesini

• View Profile
    « Reply #33 on: July 12, 2015, 05:27:47 PM »
    It's about how far you take it/what skills you learn from it.

OfflineStrucker

• View Profile
    « Reply #34 on: July 14, 2015, 10:48:30 PM »
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Times flies and im wasting it

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.