Moparscape - RSPS Community

Announcements => MoparScape Announcements => Topic started by: the elve age on November 24, 2012, 12:51:49 PM

Title: MoparScape Badges!
Post by: the elve age on November 24, 2012, 12:51:49 PM
These are a list of badges/awards that can be received for doing an excellent job and keeping a positive attitude. Thanks to LilXCj (https://forum.moparscape.org/mlist/lilxcj_121029) for the layout.

Staff Related Awards
 Pikachu
Awarded to Mods and Admins.

Santa Pikachu
Awarded to Admins and Mods, in the festive holiday season.

Squirtle
Awarded to Ex-Mods and Ex-Admins.

Programming Awards

Java Guru
Awarded to the best Java Coders.

(https://forum.moparisthebest.com/) XMas Java Guru
Awarded to the best Java Coders, in the festive holiday season.

VB
Awarded to vb coders. (Symbolises the hidden capabilities of vb).

Delphi
Awarded to delphi coders. (Symbolises the power of delphi).

C
Awarded to the best C programmers.

C++
Awarded to skilled C++ coders.

C#
Awarded to skilled C# programmers.

Python
Awarded to skilled Python programmers.

Lisp
Awarded to the best Lisp programmers.

Web Developer
Awarded to good web developers (html, php, jsp etc.)

Miscellaneous Awards

Graphics Master
Awarded to graphics masters of the site.

MCW Winner
Awarded to winners of the MoparScape Model Contest competition.

(http://i41.tinypic.com/bi5r0h.png) Tutorial Author
Awarded to the best author writers

(http://i41.tinypic.com/1jrno3.png) Server Helper
Awarded to the best helpers in the RuneScape Private Server Help section.
Title: Re: MoparScape Badges!
Post by: Ruby on November 24, 2012, 12:56:19 PM
Almost none of them will be achieved, why didn't you just link them to the mitb thread by freddy?
Post by: the elve age on November 24, 2012, 12:59:27 PM
Almost none of them will be achieved, why didn't you just link them to the mitb thread by freddy?
These are our awards, there are more on the list than over there. And we are trying to give out more awards for good work.
Post by: Ashley on November 24, 2012, 01:01:32 PM
Weren't the moparscape moderator badges removed?
Post by: Vain_ on November 24, 2012, 01:02:26 PM
Well that's a good way to look at things.

Badges were rarely given out before my time, and I was the first person on MSCP to achieve the Server Helper badge.

After I lost mine, badges were given out to a lot of noticeable people.

Not all these badges will be achieved soon, but they are all possible.
Post by: rip4d on November 24, 2012, 01:03:23 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what exactly the model contest badge is supposed to be.
Post by: the elve age on November 24, 2012, 01:04:38 PM
There are badges that MITB has that we don't, and there are badges we have that MITB doesn't.

I'm still trying to figure out what exactly the model contest badge is supposed to be.
I still don't know  :|
Post by: Ruby on November 24, 2012, 01:04:47 PM
These are our awards, there are more on the list than over there. And we are trying to give out more awards for good work.

For one, Auto.Rune is obsolete as far as I know therefore no one will receive that badge. MoparCraft badges would be given on Moparscape why? No one here will become an SRL developer. Game dev awards should be kept to the game dev site etc etc

As long as the criteria for getting an award isn't lowered I don't mind. If I start seeing everyone who can connect to a database with a web dev cup i'll be mad.

Also, the batman cup on Moparscape, really?
Post by: rip4d on November 24, 2012, 01:08:41 PM
Taharok and Rich had the Batman cup for a long time if my memory serves me right.
Post by: Ruby on November 24, 2012, 01:11:54 PM
Taharok and Rich had the Batman cup for a long time if my memory serves me right.
Yes, and those two deserved it. However, I don't want to see badges handed out here there and everywhere. It ruins the whole point of having them as awards. The bat cup is probably the most sought after award there is and if it starts going to anyone it just wastes it.
Post by: casey. on November 24, 2012, 01:12:36 PM
it was mjordans cup for years until those fgts got it
Post by: the elve age on November 24, 2012, 01:13:15 PM

For one, Auto.Rune is obsolete as far as I know therefore no one will receive that badge. MoparCraft badges would be given on Moparscape why? No one here will become an SRL developer. Game dev awards should be kept to the game dev site etc etc

As long as the criteria for getting an award isn't lowered I don't mind. If I start seeing everyone who can connect to a database with a web dev cup i'll be mad.

The criteria is being discussed as we speak.
Post by: rip4d on November 24, 2012, 01:15:41 PM
Yes, and those two deserved it. However, I don't want to see badges handed out here there and everywhere. It ruins the whole point of having them as awards. The bat cup is probably the most sought after award there is and if it starts going to anyone it just wastes it.
Just because its listed doesn't mean it will be handed out willy-nilly. If badges were like that I'd probably have one right now.
Post by: Ruby on November 24, 2012, 01:18:44 PM

The criteria is being discussed as we speak.
I think current awarded members should have a say in the criteria required for the awards. Also, I really think you should remove the auto rune badge, SRL dev badge, mcft badges and the game dev badge since they don't relate to this site. Oh and the IRC legend badge since it doesn't show up here.

Just because its listed doesn't mean it will be handed out willy-nilly. If badges were like that I'd probably have one right now.
The elve age said they were trying to give out more badges, the only way I can see them doing that is lowering the criteria required to achieve it.
Post by: drubrkletern on November 24, 2012, 01:21:48 PM
I wouldn't even have one then  :(
Post by: Davidi2 on November 24, 2012, 01:27:51 PM
The elve age said they were trying to give out more badges, the only way I can see them doing that is lowering the criteria required to achieve it.
Precisely. Right now they are TOO selective, so people complain if someone gets a badge. 'They dont deserve that badge!'. By lowering the criteria, it will make the badges more common, and hopefully lower the elitism that getting a badge tends to give to people. Note that nothing is set in stone yet though.

Also, I'm fixing the OP and removing the badges that aren't on MPSC, like the sectional moderator bages that are for MITB.
Post by: Ruby on November 24, 2012, 01:30:19 PM
Precisely. Right now they are TOO selective, so people complain if someone gets a badge. 'They dont deserve that badge!'. By lowering the criteria, it will make the badges more common, and hopefully lower the elitism that getting a badge tends to give to people. Note that nothing is set in stone yet though.

Also, I'm fixing the OP and removing the badges that aren't on MPSC, like the sectional moderator bages that are for MITB.
Yes but then you get people who received their badge before the criteria was lowered who get pissed off, I don't see how we had to prove ourselves to a much higher level than what these new badged members will.

I also think our sectional moderators should have the bulbasaur cup.

Thanks for fixing the badge issues in the op tho
Post by: Si Force on November 24, 2012, 01:33:25 PM

Yes but then you get people who received their badge before the criteria was lowered who get pissed off, I don't see how we had to prove ourselves to a much higher level than what these new badged members will.

Then those existing members will have to get over themselves, won't they?
Post by: Ruby on November 24, 2012, 01:35:44 PM

Then those existing members will have to get over themselves, won't they?
I just don't see how we had to put out to a higher level than what the new people will have, I don't see the problem with the badge criteria for languages. If we made some new badges and handed them out for other things other than languages then that'd make more sense.
Post by: Vain_ on November 24, 2012, 01:37:09 PM
Don't get so butthurt. It's a badge, that's it. Just because you have one, doesn't mean you're better than anyone else out there.

Afaik, you only posted 14 PHP / 2 CSS topics and about three of the PHP ones were just going over previous posts of yours.
Also, all of it can be found on nettuts. Why don't you try going over actual documentation of what PHP can do, instead of basic shit?

You're not better than anyone, so stop worrying about the bar being lowered.

I had 9,000+ posts in the server help section before I got my badge.
Post by: drubrkletern on November 24, 2012, 01:40:03 PM

Literally  :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|
A badge for high amount of infractions would be nice as well inb4watchedmoderatedandmutedsymbols
But I'm sure we could have some more badges

Like client helper o.O
Post by: Vain_ on November 24, 2012, 01:40:58 PM
Not enough support is in the client sections anymore. Literally, the client hacking/help sections have been dead since Galkon and Fubergen both left.
Post by: Ruby on November 24, 2012, 01:42:34 PM
Don't get so butthurt. It's a badge, that's it. Just because you have one, doesn't mean you're better than anyone else out there.

Afaik, you only posted 14 PHP / 2 CSS topics and about three of the PHP ones were just going over previous posts of yours.
Also, all of it can be found on nettuts. Why don't you try going over actual documentation of what PHP can do, instead of basic shit?

Do you think I got my badge on those tutorials alone? Don't be so silly. I had to prove myself to Avail and sppt that I was competent enough, not writing beginners tutorials.

Also, you're going by posts, not from actually talking to me as a person. I didn't make over-complicated tutorials for others to read and get head fudgeed with. You return after x amount of years and suddenly you have this opinion of me that you pulled out your arse?
Post by: s1gma on November 24, 2012, 01:56:17 PM

Do you think I got my badge on those tutorials alone? Don't be so silly. I had to prove myself to Avail and sppt that I was competent enough, not writing beginners tutorials.

Also, you're going by posts, not from actually talking to me as a person. I didn't make over-complicated tutorials for others to read and get head loveed with. You return after x amount of years and suddenly you have this opinion of me that you pulled out your arse?
do you want a rubber ring to sit on?
Post by: Vain_ on November 24, 2012, 01:58:43 PM
Years?  I wasn't gone for but a few months.

You're getting overheated by the fact the bar is being lowered because you want to be an elitist. Your attitude won't help you any. The bars for all the badges are too high; they always have been. They were talking about lowering the bars for badges probably before you even joined. Server helper award was lowered a good bit after it was first given out.

Now the rest of them are being lowered as well.

The badges are given out to allow people to show their knowledge, allow others to find someone who knows their stuff (to seek guidance/help) and to set out some sort of 'goal' for people to achieve, so the community isn't full of idiots.

If you let this get to your head, and you try to be an elitist, it can only go two ways; you either lose the badge, or it gets hidden on the forum.
Post by: Ruby on November 24, 2012, 02:01:40 PM
I'm not in any way trying to be elitist, I'm just saying the fact is that I don't see why people had to show a higher level of skill to get the badge that others will be getting at an easier level.
Post by: Vain_ on November 24, 2012, 02:03:23 PM
Then to make you happy; instead of lowering the bars, let's just remove all badges completely, since they get us nowhere.

Your ego exceeds your knowledge of the matter, so stop getting butthurt.
Post by: Ruby on November 24, 2012, 02:05:55 PM
Then to make you happy; instead of lowering the bars, let's just remove all badges completely, since they get us nowhere.

My ego? You've spoken to me for a whole 10 minutes, you're in no way able to create an accurate description of a person in that time. Especially when they're trying to put a point to someone. Don't start shit with me as a person, you don't know me.

I'm merely stating my concern on the matter of people getting awards too easily.
Post by: s1gma on November 24, 2012, 02:08:14 PM

I'm merely stating my concern on the matter of people getting awards too easily.
cool, i guess you're the vocal minority who actually gives a fukk about these little pokemon things lool
Post by: Davidi2 on November 24, 2012, 02:12:02 PM
The whole point is that it shouldn't be as limited as it is now. Badges are not supposed to mean 'I have a badge that means Im better than you at this'. What they are SUPPOSED to mean is 'I know what Im doing, if you have a question you can come to me'.  And if that person isn't willing to help, or gets an attitude because they have the badge, they can lose it :)

That's why I've always been against the naming of some of the badges, like 'java guru'. Web developer is fine, as by definition all it means is that you develop websites, not that you're one of the best web developers on the site. That's why the badges being so exclusive made no sense.
Post by: asshole_rule on November 24, 2012, 02:13:10 PM
cool. i hope we dont start seeing too much though.

P.S ruby: I've been seeing more and more elitist posts from you ever since you got your badge.

Like client helper

Would be cool, but the client section is dead.

Post by: drubrkletern on November 24, 2012, 02:14:22 PM
cool. i hope we dont start seeing too much though.

P.S ruby: I've been seeing more and more elitist posts from you ever since you got your badge.

Like client helper

Would be cool, but the client section is dead.
Excuse me child but did I ask for your opinion THANK YOU AND GOODBYE

But really would we be seeing any new badges soon?
Post by: Vain_ on November 24, 2012, 02:18:08 PM
The whole point is that it shouldn't be as limited as it is now. Badges are not supposed to mean 'I have a badge that means Im better than you at this'. What they are SUPPOSED to mean is 'I know what Im doing, if you have a question you can come to me'. And if that person isn't willing to help, or gets an attitude because they have the badge, they can lose it :)

The badges are given out to allow people to show their knowledge, allow others to find someone who knows their stuff (to seek guidance/help) and to set out some sort of 'goal' for people to achieve, so the community isn't full of idiots.

If you let this get to your head, and you try to be an elitist, it can only go two ways; you either lose the badge, or it gets hidden on the forum.
Sums up everything.

@Ruby; the debate for the bar lowering isn't for discussion, at least not for non-staff, and just because you have a badge, shouldn't entice you to a say in the matter.

We're all getting off into a debate which is going nowhere, when this topic was made to show the badges at hand, not rowdy up the community into arguing whether who deserves what, or the prerequisites of the awards.

/thread
Post by: casey. on November 24, 2012, 03:36:48 PM
who the fudge cares
Post by: Jc22493 on November 24, 2012, 03:38:34 PM
I'm not in any way trying to be elitist, I'm just saying the fact is that I don't see why people had to show a higher level of skill to get the badge that others will be getting at an easier level.

It's a badge below your name on an internet forum, get the hell over it. You're obviously trying to be elitist, you think people with a lower skill level than you don't deserve a badge. Your badge is named 'Web Developer,' not 'The Pro-est Web Developer Guru Ever.' All that means is that you develop websites, it doesn't necessarily mean you're better at it than everyone.
Post by: casey. on November 24, 2012, 03:55:25 PM
k this is a discussion on badges, how about we act mature from now on and stay on topic
Post by: Uncalled on November 24, 2012, 04:09:14 PM

An assignment was introduced to him by one of the staff (I can't recall whom) and he completed the task. That's how he earned the badge. Get your head out of your ass before attacking another member of this forum. I respect Ruby - I actually know who he is and what he's capable of.
Post by: Vain_ on November 24, 2012, 04:15:29 PM
I do believe I said 'afaik.' My head is no further in my ass than anyone else in this topic. You're sticking up for someone who has an elitist ego. I'm not attacking anyone, so don't get butthurt over something that doesn't pertain to you the least.
Post by: Uncalled on November 24, 2012, 04:17:33 PM
Explain to me how he has an elitist ego?

EDIT:
lmao, I just realized how many times you use 'butthurt'.
Post by: s1gma on November 24, 2012, 05:40:59 PM
are you blind
Post by: Uncalled on November 24, 2012, 05:41:37 PM
are you blind
Then you - please feel free to explain to me.
Post by: Ryley on November 24, 2012, 06:12:02 PM
"Awarded to the best author writers" wat
Post by: ox random xi on November 24, 2012, 06:25:15 PM
I know of only one person with the bat, is there only one person?
Post by: Ruby on November 24, 2012, 06:27:57 PM

3 people. Taharok, Rich and mjordan.
Post by: Ryley on November 24, 2012, 06:28:23 PM

Taharok shouldn't count, he can give himself any badge he wishes. Not saying that he has, or will, but he can. :P

Rich. It's hidden now though, because of his global moderator status.
Post by: Pink Phat on November 24, 2012, 06:29:25 PM

Tico also has it.
Post by: Ruby on November 24, 2012, 06:31:08 PM
Oh I didn't realize Tico had it too.
Post by: the elve age on November 24, 2012, 06:46:59 PM
Actually the new criteria for the badges is whoever can fork over the most dough.
Post by: Ryley on November 24, 2012, 06:57:19 PM
Actually the new criteria for the badges is whoever can fork over the most dough.

Money? ID LIKE EVERY FUCKING BADGE FOR OVER 9000
Post by: Ruby on November 24, 2012, 06:58:47 PM
I'll send my Brietling for batman
Post by: s1gma on November 24, 2012, 07:02:57 PM
are you blind
why don't you read his posts; he seems very attached to the high prerequisites to be awarded that which he has been, to the point where it's coming across as an elitist arguing for the pretense of elitism implicated by such an award.
Post by: Uncalled on November 24, 2012, 07:12:27 PM
are you blind
why don't you read his posts; he seems very attached to the high prerequisites to be awarded that which he has been, to the point where it's coming across as an elitist arguing for the pretense of elitism implicated by such an award.
You never explained anything. You told me to read his posts from a forum in which I lurk consistently - I have read his posts. Elitism is based by opinion; and in my opinion, Ruby has yet to become one.
Post by: marcbob on November 24, 2012, 08:40:29 PM
When they start actually being given out, I will care.
Post by: Bowser jr on November 24, 2012, 08:47:37 PM
What is the easiest badge to earn, I would like one? Too bad we haven't a General/Intellectual Debates/Discussion badge.
Post by: Rodgerwilco on November 24, 2012, 08:50:28 PM
Can we get a rsc award/badge?
Post by: RuneAgent on November 24, 2012, 09:01:04 PM

Ron has it. fudgeing newfag.
Post by: Uncalled on November 24, 2012, 09:09:22 PM
Good golly!
Post by: sini on November 24, 2012, 09:24:16 PM
I for one would like to see Java Guru badge renamed to Java lovers.
Post by: Davidi2 on November 24, 2012, 09:28:22 PM
I would prefer it just be moved in line with all of the other programming badges and changed to java coder or java programmer
Post by: Pink Phat on November 24, 2012, 09:29:24 PM
But if that happened it could be handed out to people who know hardly any java  :|
Post by: drubrkletern on November 24, 2012, 09:55:06 PM
but but what if people think cause of censor it really is supposed to mean Java FU(Kers?!

I would prefer it just be moved in line with all of the other programming badges and changed to java coder or java programmer
That would be better so it doesn't like put people above others, just shows that they use java, not above everyone else on the forum  :) ;) :D :mad: :( :eek: :eek: :cool: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :P :P :o :confused: :| ;D ;D :| :confused: :o :P :rolleyes: :cool: :eek: :( :mad: :D ;) :)

But if that happened it could be handed out to people who know hardly any java  :|
The requirements for it doesn't necessarily have to be lowered that much I'd think :O
Post by: All Day on November 25, 2012, 12:24:12 AM
Okay but where are my badges?

(https://forum.moparisthebest.com/)
Post by: tL on November 25, 2012, 12:26:15 AM
where is my staff badge
Post by: Uncalled on November 25, 2012, 12:28:57 AM
where is my staff badge

I see ex staff.
Post by: tL on November 25, 2012, 12:29:57 AM
I should be ex-staff staff.
Post by: Team_Rocket on November 25, 2012, 12:32:52 AM
I seem to have misplaced my Badge.

(http://i41.tinypic.com/1jrno3.png)
Post by: Uncalled on November 25, 2012, 12:38:36 AM
I seem to have misplaced my Badge.

Real funny.
Post by: drubrkletern on November 25, 2012, 12:40:05 AM

(https://forum.moparisthebest.com/)(https://forum.moparisthebest.com/)
(https://forum.moparisthebest.com/) (https://forum.moparisthebest.com/)(https://forum.moparisthebest.com/)
(http://i41.tinypic.com/bi5r0h.png)
Darn I misplaced all of my badges but luckily I found them!
Even if client section is kind of dead

I vote for a client helper badge  :| :|
Just doesn't seem right for a server helper to be there but not client
EVEN IF CLIENT HACKING SECTION IS DEAD
Post by: Rodgerwilco on November 25, 2012, 12:41:27 AM
Gotta catch them all.
Post by: Lothy on November 25, 2012, 02:10:46 AM
where is my staff badge

I know, right? :P
Post by: casey. on November 25, 2012, 02:28:46 AM
lothy smells
Post by: Rix_ on November 25, 2012, 02:43:07 AM
tL for admin!
Post by: Ruby on November 25, 2012, 05:44:08 AM
tL for super duper admin.
Mopman needs to be back. If we had a Mopman we wouldn't have two separate debates boards.
Post by: The Soul on November 25, 2012, 08:28:53 AM
Might as well remove the MoparScape Moderator badges from the thread since we don't use them.
Post by: Ruby on November 25, 2012, 08:32:03 AM
Might as well remove the MoparScape Moderator badges from the thread since we don't use them.
I think they'd be useful for the sectional moderators.
Post by: Uncalled on November 25, 2012, 09:59:45 AM
I think they'd be useful for the sectional moderators.
Yeah, I plus that idea.
Post by: the elve age on November 25, 2012, 10:49:17 AM
can I cheat and save all the badges as an image then put my avatar as all the badges. Ultimate troll
Post by: Uncalled on November 25, 2012, 10:52:35 AM
can I cheat and save all the badges as an image then put my avatar as all the badges. Ultimate troll
lmao
Post by: ox random xi on November 25, 2012, 10:52:39 AM
pretty big avatar
Post by: Ruby on November 25, 2012, 10:55:26 AM

someone should do that for Kracky.
Post by: mopmans little slave on November 25, 2012, 11:09:29 AM
Stop being such a downer, the actual rsps community isn't so great now but the thing is that their is many people who work on rs2 emulation and they are smart and capable.
Post by: Ruby on November 25, 2012, 11:15:24 AM
Stop being such a downer, the actual rsps community isn't so great now but the thing is that their is many people who work on rs2 emulation and they are smart and capable.
What has that got to do with me saying for them to link to Freddy1990's award list on mitb? And listen to the pot calling the kettle black, you're always on about how idiotic moparscapers are on the IRC.
Post by: mopmans little slave on November 25, 2012, 11:42:39 AM
What has that got to do with me saying for them to link to Freddy1990's award list on mitb? And listen to the pot calling the kettle black, you're always on about how idiotic moparscapers are on the IRC.
"Almost none of them will be achieved". That's what I was pointing out too, and haven't you noticed whenever justin has linked me to trolls I don't want to take part in them? I'm trying to fix my ways, not be a jerk anymore.

All I'm saying is I am sure there are people on this forums or somewhere in the rsps community that are capable of getting these awards.
Post by: Ruby on November 25, 2012, 11:59:51 AM
"Almost none of them will be achieved". That's what I was pointing out too, and haven't you noticed whenever justin has linked me to trolls I don't want to take part in them? I'm trying to fix my ways, not be a jerk anymore.

All I'm saying is I am sure there are people on this forums or somewhere in the rsps community that are capable of getting these awards.

And I wasn't referring to their capability in achieving the awards. That list had moderator cups for MITB sections before we split, SRL developer cup, Auto-Rune crew cup etc. Things that were literally unachievable, lol.
Post by: mopmans little slave on November 25, 2012, 12:19:07 PM

And I wasn't referring to their capability in achieving the awards. That list had moderator cups for MITB sections before we split, SRL developer cup, Auto-Rune crew cup etc. Things that were literally unachievable, lol.
Oh, my bad then :c.
Post by: drubrkletern on November 25, 2012, 12:19:46 PM
So when do I get my batman cup?
Post by: Ruby on November 25, 2012, 12:20:09 PM
lol.

But seriously, I think sectional mods should get the mscp mod badge.
Post by: nickypie on November 25, 2012, 12:30:01 PM
I think i deserve gfx one plz
Post by: Phillipé on November 25, 2012, 12:50:09 PM
If you leave my badge alone now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.
Post by: mopmans little slave on November 25, 2012, 01:20:39 PM
Post by: arham 4 on November 25, 2012, 01:23:04 PM
Make a youngest member of the community badge. :D
Post by: sini on November 25, 2012, 02:51:01 PM
Post by: Travas on November 25, 2012, 03:26:13 PM
You're not even close to being the youngest.
Post by: asshole_rule on November 25, 2012, 03:40:03 PM

I was about 12 when I first found mopar, so I'm sure there's much younger people.
Post by: drubrkletern on November 25, 2012, 04:23:01 PM
If it counts I was like 8 when I first heard of private servers :o
But tht was like 2 years ago
Post by: ox random xi on November 25, 2012, 09:28:28 PM
If it counts I was like 8 when I first heard of private servers :o
But tht was like 2 years ago
i c wut u did thr
Post by: kronikz on November 25, 2012, 09:39:07 PM
Post by: the elve age on November 25, 2012, 10:07:05 PM
Post by: Rodgerwilco on November 25, 2012, 10:17:44 PM
Post by: asshole_rule on November 26, 2012, 02:07:33 PM
Post by: ox random xi on November 26, 2012, 02:24:53 PM
Post by: Fails on November 26, 2012, 02:57:25 PM
Everyone with a badge acts as if they're elitist, along with the mitbers.

I am now a self-proclaimed elitist. MITB here I come!
Post by: ox random xi on November 26, 2012, 02:58:37 PM

because they are elitist.
Post by: asshole_rule on November 26, 2012, 03:05:59 PM

Not true, not everyone with a badge, but a lot of them. I've come to expect it from mitbers, but they hardly ever come over here anyways.
Post by: Fails on November 26, 2012, 03:10:19 PM
Not true, not everyone with a badge, but a lot of them. I've come to expect it from mitbers, but they hardly ever come over here anyways.
You are correct. Not everyone who obtains a badge acts elitist, but quite a few of them do.

There are a few mitbers who are active in the general discussion board, such as Niall and Bowser jr.
Post by: Lothy on November 27, 2012, 06:21:03 PM
Have you guys crying elitist considered that you too can read a book and smarten up? Try bettering yourselves instead of whining all of the time.
Post by: casey. on November 27, 2012, 06:22:58 PM
oh lothy have you forgotten where you are
Post by: Davidi2 on November 27, 2012, 06:23:53 PM
Have you guys crying elitist considered that you too can read a book and smarten up? Try bettering yourselves instead of whining all of the time.
elitism != skill or knowledge
Post by: ox random xi on November 27, 2012, 06:29:32 PM
Post by: rip4d on November 27, 2012, 06:35:10 PM
WHAT THE HELL, ITS NOT EVEN DECEMBER. WHY ARE THERE HOLIDAY BADGES ALREADY?
Post by: ox random xi on November 27, 2012, 06:36:38 PM
WHAT THE HELL, ITS NOT EVEN DECEMBER. WHY ARE THERE HOLIDAY BADGES ALREADY?
holiday music is on the radio, good enough for me.
Post by: Whackatre on November 27, 2012, 06:55:04 PM

Except many of the anti-MITBers and anti-elitists on moparscape are the same exact individuals who post baseless crap and utter nonsense in the intellectual debates and discussions topic.
Post by: Davidi2 on November 27, 2012, 07:04:25 PM

Except many of the anti-MITBers and anti-elitists on moparscape are the same exact individuals who post baseless crap and utter nonsense in the intellectual debates and discussions topic.
Either way, if we're trying to further the development scene, we should be awarding people that are helping or contributing, not those that try to use the badge as a way to say they are better than other people.

This may mean we need to make the MITB and MPSC awards completely separate since the expectations are different, meh
Post by: kronikz on November 27, 2012, 07:09:36 PM
I post on MITB, but I don't fit in because I am an idiot.
Post by: Lothy on November 27, 2012, 07:18:02 PM
Elitism is fine in this community. Unlike the real world, it's not related to things such as wealth. Elitism here is solely about knowledge and capability.
The problem is that the majority of people here are relatively uneducated compared to those in the community elite.

But instead of reading a book, as I've described above, and joining the aforementioned elite, they wallow in self-pity and cry poor.
Post by: lostmyphat on November 27, 2012, 07:19:04 PM

1person

niall
Post by: the elve age on November 27, 2012, 07:33:55 PM
I post on MITB, but I don't fit in because I am an idiot.
You're not an idiot, you just post idiotic things.
Post by: asshole_rule on November 27, 2012, 07:37:28 PM

most people have some false sense of elitism, like they're actually relevant to the community. That's what bothers me.

Elitism is fine in this community. Unlike the real world, it's not related to things such as wealth. Elitism here is solely about knowledge and capability.
The problem is that the majority of people here are relatively uneducated compared to those in the community elite.

But instead of reading a book, as I've described above, and joining the aforementioned elite, they wallow in self-pity and cry poor.
Elitism is not fine and for the most part not based on knowledge and capability at all... people that have been here longer then others just get the mind set that they're better then one another because they joined first, or have a higher post count, or my personal favorite because, they have a badge...
Post by: Davidi2 on November 27, 2012, 08:01:55 PM

Being elite and acting elite are different, that's what I'm saying. There are plenty of 'elite' people that don't act elite (or at least, don't act toxic), and those are the people that don't get complained about
Post by: the elve age on November 27, 2012, 08:13:42 PM
Being elite
(http://images-mediawiki-sites.thefullwiki.org/08/3/2/2/30882281196600871.png)
I hate elites.
Post by: drubrkletern on November 27, 2012, 08:17:39 PM
Promethean knights are worse than elite zealots in halo 4 just for the record :o
Post by: asshole_rule on November 27, 2012, 08:18:19 PM
Promethean knight are worse than elite zealots in halo 4 just for the record :o

okay lets use the term promethean knights instead of elitist.
Post by: Uncalled on November 27, 2012, 08:25:12 PM
Those damn promethean knights!
Post by: Phillipé on November 28, 2012, 09:05:37 AM

Am I elitist.
Post by: Fails on November 28, 2012, 09:30:48 AM
Post by: Ruby on November 28, 2012, 10:33:43 AM
Just because someone has an award doesn't make them elitist, I haven't been openly called elitist since this topic came about. I just think there should be a different badge, or at least something like that. I don't quite think it's right that the expectations for badges be lowered, they've been at the same skill level for years and all that lowering expectations and handing out more awards will do is cause a more wide "elitist" userbase.

Do you honestly think that giving out more awards will change the view people have? All it will do is give more people a reason to feel above a community if thats the way you want to see it. If someone wants to be recognised for their efforts then they should pick up a book as Lothy said.
Post by: asshole_rule on November 28, 2012, 01:44:52 PM
Just because someone has an award doesn't make them elitist, I haven't been openly called elitist since this topic came about. I just think there should be a different badge, or at least something like that. I don't quite think it's right that the expectations for badges be lowered, they've been at the same skill level for years and all that lowering expectations and handing out more awards will do is cause a more wide "elitist" userbase.

Do you honestly think that giving out more awards will change the view people have? All it will do is give more people a reason to feel above a community if thats the way you want to see it. If someone wants to be recognised for their efforts then they should pick up a book as Lothy said.

you're acting like we're going to see tons of new people with badges...

and also, not everyone with a badge has the elitist attitude
Post by: Ruby on November 28, 2012, 01:49:45 PM

you're acting like we're going to see tons of new people with badges...

and also, not everyone with a badge has the elitist attitude

The way they were talking is that's what's going to happen. Yes, but it's a very small ratio apparently. I honestly don't think anyone on here actually has an elitist attitude and neither does anyone at moparisthebest.com. They're smart, therefore they act smart. Just because someones clever and they show it doesn't make them elitist.
Post by: Phillipé on November 30, 2012, 01:30:49 PM
tl;dr is giving people badges when they've done nothing to warrant it, because the standards are so low to achieve it. Might as well remove them if you're going to lower the level of ability needed for a badge such as a programming related one.

It's a good idea to let badges be used more, especially with your generally active members. But giving out badges people have had to work twice as hard for is going to cause the above opinions. (See: Ruby)
Post by: Fails on November 30, 2012, 02:35:25 PM
Too bad we haven't a General/Intellectual Debates/Discussion badge.
I can vouch for this.

We really don't have 'non-programming' based badges, aside from graphics master and contest winner(s). It would be nice to see an intellectual debates/discussion badge. The members who debate (with logic) deserve to be recognized one way or another. Although the only people I see eligible for this badge are Niall and Bowser jr (That's just my opinion.)
Post by: mopmans little slave on November 30, 2012, 04:49:01 PM
is this serious
Post by: ox random xi on November 30, 2012, 04:58:40 PM
is this serious
i dont know but your signature just made me spill my drink.
Post by: sini on December 20, 2012, 06:56:53 PM
Kiddies better watch out or I will stomp your face in with my elitist boots.
Post by: Rodgerwilco on December 21, 2012, 02:10:42 AM
Kiddies better watch out or I will stomp your face in with my elitist boots.

What a joke.
Post by: ox random xi on December 21, 2012, 03:23:02 PM
Trying to read/understand this "argument" is mind boggling.
Post by: Kidpaparoach on December 21, 2012, 04:48:38 PM
Their are people on this site that do need to be recognised for being more abled than the rest in certain areas as they have more expertise so a badge is appropriate.
More non programmer badges? Defonetly.
Intellectual badge? Defonetly not, simply; someone could be viewed as dumb by the general public but to another person they may be viewed as smart if they are uneducated etc. My point is you can't actually define who is intellectual and who is near enough to impossible and theirs a lot of other points I can state but I don't really want to right now so, yeah.
Post by: Scotticus on July 05, 2013, 05:43:43 PM
Theirs no veteran badge? :/
Post by: arham 4 on July 05, 2013, 05:59:42 PM
^ They get an extra star! Fun!
Post by: badger41 on August 12, 2013, 09:48:13 PM
What happened to IRC legend?
Post by: Vain_ on August 12, 2013, 09:50:12 PM
i would like to suggest a post count badge.

davidi2 and vain are the only two nominees for the award kthx
Post by: John on August 12, 2013, 09:52:18 PM
Post by: badger41 on August 12, 2013, 09:54:57 PM

Oh i see
Post by: Soulcist on August 12, 2013, 10:34:39 PM
The badge is only shown on MITB.. and if I remember the reason... because people thought since this isn't MITB and the badge was really for MITB as it is - no reason to show it on here (if not the reason, I don't remember).
Post by: drubrkletern on August 12, 2013, 11:22:06 PM
#irclegendforreturn
Post by: Ashi on August 15, 2013, 08:38:25 AM

First time poster, junior member, moparian blah blah
Post by: Vain_ on August 15, 2013, 11:22:55 AM

badge not a stupid title. l2read
Post by: doom_j on August 15, 2013, 11:24:58 AM

No no post count badges, bad enough post count is shown.
Post by: Jc22493 on August 15, 2013, 11:28:18 AM

nah
Post by: Vain_ on August 15, 2013, 11:36:46 AM

nah
haters
Post by: Java-RSPS-Noob on August 15, 2013, 11:38:21 AM

nah
haters
agreed, we should race back to the top! DOWN WITH DAVID.

jk I wouldn't do that cause it would make mods rage
Post by: Vain_ on August 15, 2013, 11:39:40 AM
all of u are haters
Post by: Cres on August 15, 2013, 01:32:43 PM
Spending months learning everything you can know about C seems well worth the badge tbh :p
Openly elitists won't survive the ragewaves on their posts. Need proof? Reread this thread, watch how people respond to Ruby because they only suspect he's elitist. So that problem kind of fixes itself.

If you can't handle the badge, Moparscape will handle you.
Add a 'member of the month' badge, would go really swell with the Mopar Monthly and it would encourage forum activity.
Post by: arham 4 on August 15, 2013, 01:37:09 PM
Spending months learning everything you can know about C seems well worth the badge tbh :p
Openly elitists won't survive the ragewaves on their posts. Need proof? Reread this thread, watch how people respond to Ruby because they only suspect he's elitist. So that problem kind of fixes itself.

Add a 'member of the month' badge, would go really swell with the Mopar Monthly and it would encourage forum activity.
This is moparscape. If you get nominated as a member of the month, you'll get people raging at you saying, "Why did you get it?".
Post by: Strucker on August 15, 2013, 01:38:17 PM
hmmm a badge..
Post by: Cres on August 15, 2013, 01:41:08 PM

This is moparscape. If you get nominated as a member of the month, you'll get people raging at you saying, "Why did you get it?".
Perfect. You won't be able to complain about not getting any attention, at least.
Thought that may be true for some, the other part simply wouldn't care. imo setup a monthly poll with 3 to 4 nominees and pick the top 2.
This is moparscape. People rage on anything here.
Post by: Ashi on August 15, 2013, 05:57:29 PM

Though crappy stars then!
Post by: DeathsChaos9 on August 16, 2013, 07:26:48 PM
What the f___ happened to this site? :(
Post by: sini on August 16, 2013, 07:43:41 PM

nothing
Post by: Uncalled on August 17, 2013, 10:09:46 AM

nothing
People like ^
Post by: sini on August 17, 2013, 06:13:27 PM

nothing
People like ^

Okay
Post by: Strucker on August 17, 2013, 06:42:01 PM
we need a snippet author badge inmediatly!!
lawwwl kidding.
Post by: Coldmedicine on August 23, 2013, 03:42:47 AM
Agreed
Post by: thiefmn6092 on August 29, 2013, 06:13:05 PM
the only cool looking one is the black one
Post by: Ruby on August 29, 2013, 06:20:57 PM
the only cool looking one is the black one
AutoRune, SRL Dev and SCAR scripter are cool cos hardly anyone that has them still posts anymore but they don't show up here for some reason. Off topic, what happened to you? You disappeared off the face of rizon forever and ever :(
Post by: Newty on August 29, 2013, 06:46:55 PM
Its not like hes ever been that active lol :P He's mostly just came and went over the years
Post by: Ruby on August 29, 2013, 06:55:55 PM
Its not like hes ever been that active lol :P He's mostly just came and went over the years
He was quite active in a few of the botting channels and even developing a private bot with a few guys I know, I had even become accustomed to his banter and he left us :'( he was like the dad who went to the shop for milk and never came home
Post by: sini on August 30, 2013, 12:19:41 AM
Cigarettes*
Post by: thiefmn6092 on September 04, 2013, 11:54:40 AM
he was like the dad who went to the shop for milk and never came home

hahahaha
Post by: DeathsChaos9 on April 25, 2014, 10:14:15 PM
Fixed hyperlinks to images, also stickying the topic.
Post by: casey. on April 25, 2014, 10:52:44 PM
i think tree should be awarded all of these
Post by: Tree on April 26, 2014, 08:02:08 AM

First bit of sense you've made all year.
Post by: tL on April 26, 2014, 06:40:45 PM

First bit of sense you've made all year.

I've never seen someone so mad.
Post by: sini on July 18, 2014, 02:56:51 AM
whats the font for this
Post by: casey. on July 18, 2014, 07:12:54 AM
eras bold itc
Post by: lordwindom on April 28, 2016, 08:00:24 PM
There should definitely be forum veteran badges of some sort.
Post by: doom_j on May 01, 2016, 05:38:48 PM

for what someone with only 18 hours of time and 16 posts can claim it because their only real achievement in this community is an account registered in 2007?
Post by: drubrkletern on May 01, 2016, 08:06:52 PM

for what someone with only 18 hours of time and 16 posts can claim it because their only real achievement in this community is an account registered in 2007?
damn
Post by: doom_j on May 01, 2016, 08:20:02 PM

damn

was I too harsh? Sorry.
Post by: drubrkletern on May 01, 2016, 08:21:48 PM

damn

was I too harsh? Sorry.
no ur fine
Post by: doom_j on May 01, 2016, 08:27:09 PM

damn

was I too harsh? Sorry.
no ur fine

I am just being elitist cuz of you know badge.
Post by: drubrkletern on May 01, 2016, 08:39:19 PM

damn

was I too harsh? Sorry.
no ur fine

that one was pretty harsh it hurts
Post by: Ruby on May 03, 2016, 09:25:38 AM

damn

was I too harsh? Sorry.
no ur fine

that one was pretty harsh it hurts
I win
Post by: drubrkletern on May 03, 2016, 06:43:25 PM
no im not hurting over the amount of badges its the irc addict badge
Post by: Archer on July 01, 2016, 10:55:54 AM
"Awarded to the best author writers", WTF lol.
Post by: pker austin on October 03, 2016, 05:55:35 PM
I want all of them ;D
Post by: (Anthony) on October 03, 2016, 09:29:52 PM
can i get professional penis monger badge pls
Post by: pker_ryu on October 03, 2016, 10:07:21 PM
whats irc??
Post by: stCky on October 03, 2016, 11:11:56 PM
can i ge java guru badger
Post by: arham 4 on October 18, 2016, 11:37:07 AM
"Awarded to the best author writers", WTF lol.
Lol'd
Post by: Marwolf00 on October 27, 2016, 06:53:01 PM
I'd like one Pikachu badge, plez