This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - Ruger
« on: January 21, 2018, 08:12:00 PM »
« on: January 15, 2018, 01:41:30 AM »
I really appreciate your reply Stitch.
I know I pointed out a lot of nit-picky things, but I feel like they really matter. Moparscape has a very strong reputation and I know that we can be better. I fooled around with coding a server for fun a long time ago, so I know a lot of these things can be fixed very easily. But I know how hard it can be when everything has to go through one person to get things done.
« on: January 14, 2018, 09:50:41 PM »
You've played Moparscape for 21,000 hours
« on: January 14, 2018, 03:05:00 PM »
I'm so glad I got back into private servers a month ago. There are a lot of great people on Moparscape...but owners/coders, what the hell is going on? 10 years ago, when I originally played private servers, Moparscape was a name everyone knew. After a month of playing, I maxed out my account and have put in 21k mins. I like this server and there's great people on it, but to be blunt, we can't even get the simplest things right..
These are just some of the things I've come up with:
- Why are some teleports on the mage book and some you have to type out? It's so messy. I went to another server the other day and they have a teleport wizard NPC where he'll bring up a menu interface where it breaks down the teleports into skilling, cities, bosses, minigames, etc
- Why do you have to type ::hunter twice to teleport
- Why is there no grand exchange/trading post? There are codes out there for this and would make trading so much smoother
- Why are no monsters aggressive? Every monster NPC is just stationary. It's boring and unrealistic
- Black demons, hill giants, and probably others sometimes spawn in walls or on top of eachother
- Why is the farming supply seller a 'Master Farmer' whose only option is to pickpocket?
- Why did hunter get released with no cape or properly working xp?
- Highscores only works for top 25
- When you right click on each thing under quest tab, it doesn't have any options- just blank
- We should add one more agility training area (Barbarian outpost agility course?)
- Why was the Abyssal bludgeon released into the game without any stats?
- Under quest tab the server information is labeled "Player"
- Titles don't work
- The timer to remind you to vote is off
- Why do rock cakes disappear when you use them?
- Why does a shop sell items (newcomer map, shears, rope, lockpick, etc) if they don't even work or aren't used for anything?
- The items in some shops are so disorganized. Zeke for example, but there are others
- Nieve should tell players where their tasks are immediately after assigning it
Most of these fixes are so basic. Even if you weren't sure how to do it, you can google it and find the solution in 2 minute. I just now found the coding for grand exchange and a teleport wizard. Those two are probably the more complicated once. But things like no stats on abyssal bludgeon? No hunter cape?
I literally found "hunter cape" item ID (9948/9949) in 5 seconds. It's just pure laziness or just not caring. Content shouldn't be released unless it's 100% perfect. No xp bugs, no stats on items, etc.
If there are other issues, like personal family reasons why things are the way they are that's fine. But that's not an excuse. Get more coders/helpers to fix these SMALL issues that add up to big problems.
I'm sure this will come off as me being a douchebag. I like this server. I like the reputation it has. I like the people who play. I want to see Moparscape succeed. I've only been playing for a month, however 21k mins and maxed skills, but the more and more I play the more I see the issues. I just don't see any excuse for it
Ingame name is "Dallas"
I hate runescape (the main game). For the amount of hours you need to grind for such slow progress, it's not worth it anymore. I haven't played RS for almost 2 years. I'm not realy sure why I'm back on RS Private Servers again. I played on another big private server from 2008-2009 and have played RS from 2003-2015.
I love the server so far. Really puts the joy back into the game...I've literally put a good 14 hours in it the past two days.....getting addicted again. Uh oh
Hope to see yall around....