Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • SantaHoHo: you wont regret when u join really nice server
      December 10, 2019, 06:35:18 PM
    • SantaHoHo: need staff :)
      December 10, 2019, 06:35:08 PM
    • SantaHoHo: divinescape.eu5.org
      December 10, 2019, 06:35:00 PM
    • SantaHoHo:[link]
      December 10, 2019, 06:34:39 PM
    • Moneyking800: Yanille is back! We’re in beta looking for new players. We are small around 5-10 players on at anytime atm looking for active testers to build off of! Yanille-os.com
      December 10, 2019, 06:14:45 PM
    • drubrkletern: be honest with me boss
      December 06, 2019, 01:31:52 AM
    • drubrkletern: now is it really that unique
      December 06, 2019, 01:31:47 AM
    • SuperNativeZ: COME PLAY THE MOST UNIQUE CUSTOM RSPS #1 [link][link][link]
      December 05, 2019, 09:22:55 PM
    • SuperNativeZ: FASTEST GROWING #1 UNIQUE CUSTOM RSPS [link][link][link]
      December 05, 2019, 09:22:42 PM
    • ragnoroker: New Server - Unique - Awesome Community - Start your adventure - 60+ online : [link]
      December 05, 2019, 02:48:39 PM
    • ragnoroker: New Server - Unique - Awesome Community - Start your adventure - 40+ online : [link]
      December 05, 2019, 02:48:31 PM
    • Cole1497: you click any of these links? those boner pills theyre selling are wicked
      December 04, 2019, 05:58:03 PM
    • Cole1497: oh shit vain whats crackin
      December 04, 2019, 05:57:49 PM
    • ArtexAdv: FASTEST GROWING #1 UNIQUE CUSTOM RSPS [link]
      December 04, 2019, 06:30:27 AM
    • Vain_: where the boys at
      December 01, 2019, 03:20:36 PM
    • black evil111: They should close this down, mostly the downloads section. The mods dont know how to do their jobs worth shit and its no excuse like "we have real life stuff going on" everyones replacable. Speaking of replacable, fix download links! Before I go to rune-server.
      December 01, 2019, 01:50:26 PM
    • ragnoroker: New Server - Unique - Awesome Community - Start your adventure - 40+ online : [link]
      November 28, 2019, 12:41:24 PM
      November 28, 2019, 12:40:42 PM
    • 1strangler77: how do i post pictures on a post
      November 24, 2019, 05:16:18 PM
      November 23, 2019, 08:23:51 PM

Author Topic: [SHOWOFF] Shift-click focusing  (Read 1218 times)

OfflineAmbokile

• View Profile
    [SHOWOFF] Shift-click focusing
    « on: January 31, 2015, 06:36:24 AM »
    Yesterday, Reddit user ColossusRage made a suggestion to eliminate misclicks. The suggestion involved holding a hotkey that would prevent walking and only allow interactions (clicking NPCs, objects, etc).

I decided to attempt an implementation of this in the 317refactor client, and it was much easier than I thought. Find the video below.

Runescape Gambling

OfflineCres

• View Profile
    Re: [SHOWOFF] Shift-click focusing
    « Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 11:05:01 AM »
    Very nice idea indeed, just can't think of when it'd be useful aside from directly attacking a monster (as opposed to right-click selecting "Attack") or examining things (which sadly never works correctly on a private server).
    And I can find myself alone with just my thoughts
    As time crumbles away

Avenged Sevenfold - Darkness Sourrounding

OfflineAmbokile

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 12:13:46 PM »
    Very nice idea indeed, just can't think of when it'd be useful aside from directly attacking a monster (as opposed to right-click selecting "Attack") or examining things (which sadly never works correctly on a private server).

It was suggested as a way to click on fast-moving entities (players or monsters) without accidentally clicking to walk.

OfflineRandQm

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 12:21:17 PM »
    Looks like a fun addition but I can't believe anybody would ever use it due to the fact they are simply not used to it
    as well as that there is no real reason why to use it. I have never been annoyed by a miss click or anything personally :p
    soldout

contact me on [email protected] if you're looking for me

OfflineDavidi2

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 12:38:54 PM »

It was suggested as a way to click on fast-moving entities (players or monsters) without accidentally clicking to walk.
    I don't see why that would be useful. Even if you misclick to walk, you are still walking towards the entity so you waste less time.

Pretty sure whoever suggested this was just thinking of the effect that League has with the tilde key and thought it would be useful, but that does the opposite. It would let you walk to a title that has an entity on it without having to right click -> Walk here.

OfflineAmbokile

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 05:02:08 AM »

I don't see why that would be useful. Even if you misclick to walk, you are still walking towards the entity so you waste less time.

Pretty sure whoever suggested this was just thinking of the effect that League has with the tilde key and thought it would be useful, but that does the opposite. It would let you walk to a title that has an entity on it without having to right click -> Walk here.

Let's say you're on the left hand side of a monster, you attempt to click on the monster but it moves and you click on the other side of it. You then will run around to the other side of the monster. This will prevent that.

OfflineInt Bauk

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 03:14:09 PM »
    i like the idea.. but by the time you mis-click you probably won't even use this function/it will be too late.

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.