Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • Cole1497: join horney scape we are horney all the time and have a sex emote
      November 09, 2019, 05:14:33 PM
    • thewraith500: try autoscape,0rg brand new osrs CUSTOMS server! fight caves for flaming fire cape, upgrade them to infernal wings + more!
      November 09, 2019, 01:37:29 AM
    • SuperNativeZ: Come play brand new server [link]
      November 08, 2019, 02:13:24 PM
      November 08, 2019, 02:13:17 PM
      November 08, 2019, 02:13:14 PM
    • ragnoroker: Brand new server, come join the fun - unique server - RuneGuild - [link]
      November 07, 2019, 11:55:44 AM
    • ragnoroker: Brand new server, come join the fun - unique server - RuneGuild - [link]
      November 07, 2019, 11:55:40 AM
      November 07, 2019, 11:55:35 AM
    • ArtexAdv: Come play brand new server [link]
      November 07, 2019, 07:36:34 AM
    • grefin::cool:
      November 04, 2019, 12:55:57 AM
    • grefin: Hi friends! I cant get through that bank pin thing. What should i do my friends?
      November 04, 2019, 12:55:36 AM
    • cows1471: its weird
      November 03, 2019, 02:56:40 PM
    • cows1471: fudge me
      November 03, 2019, 02:56:34 PM
    • cows1471: my original account is 11 years ago
      November 03, 2019, 02:56:26 PM
    • cows1471: and yet
      November 03, 2019, 02:56:14 PM
    • Christmas_tree: this place has changed
      November 03, 2019, 02:54:34 PM
    • Christmas_tree: fudge me
      November 03, 2019, 02:54:25 PM
    • Christmas_tree: six years ago i registered this account
      November 03, 2019, 02:54:22 PM
    • thewraith500: everyone join autoscape,0rg its the best customs osrs server yet! the owner gives ultra boxes!
      October 28, 2019, 08:03:09 PM
    • gameruler93: I am so fudgeing glad to see this website is still alive.
      October 28, 2019, 07:57:18 PM

Author Topic: Jagex just publicly streamed their Animation Editor on Twitch yesterday  (Read 5409 times)

Offlinez

• View Profile

Skip to 36:30
    pls dont ever leave me guis you were all the most stable thing in my life <3
    Runescape Gambling

OfflineM G T

• View Profile
    Cool

OfflineVain_

• View Profile
    this is by far the most productive thing ive seen in this section in years.
    thank you for your contribution, z, towards the runescape client hacking section and moparscape as a whole. your actions will not be forgotten. this is a huge ordeal and a enormous leap towards progression.

OfflineCres

• View Profile
    thank you for your contribution, z, towards the runescape client hacking section and moparscape as a whole. your actions will not be forgotten. this is a huge ordeal and a enormous leap towards progression.

Someone contain the sarcasm
    And I can find myself alone with just my thoughts
    As time crumbles away

Avenged Sevenfold - Darkness Sourrounding

OfflineVain_

• View Profile

Someone contain the sarcasm
    i would like the personally take the time to appreciate you for your feedback on the matter. this is a great topic that we can further discuss at a later time, but for now we must focus on what's important: progression. this section - and community - is and has been dying for years. just when all hope was lost and we were reaching the end of the slope, z has shown up with this slingshot-esque type posting and has restored faith in the client hacking community. we now know that there is so much going on behind the scenes of this community and that progression can be made

OfflineCres

• View Profile
    Right.

If anything this just proves that Jagex is starting to care less and less about their shit.
    As time crumbles away

OfflineVain_

• View Profile
    how is showing off assets/tools used in a publicly accessible game/service deter one from believing in their success and/or quality of service?
    they aren't giving away their tools/assets. this is not in any way supporting the rise of rsps/downfall of runescape.

simply showing off a little teaser of what is promise to their paying player base as well as what it is like in the production environment - many companies do this and it has yet to affect anyone poorly

OfflineCres

• View Profile
    I'm not saying it has consequences; I'm just saying that Jaghax has been so secretive about their software as if they were defending alien technology and now they're casual about people seeing it.

It's just that mindset switch that's weird to me
    As time crumbles away

OfflineRuneAgent

• wololo
      • View Profile
      • MITB FORUMS
    I'm not saying it has consequences; I'm just saying that Jaghax has been so secretive about their software as if they were defending alien technology and now they're casual about people seeing it.

andrew wrote the last set, andrew is still secretive about his work. However when they restarted osrs they had to rewrite all the tools involved in cache editing so maybe the new devs don't really care.

OfflineLothy

• View Profile
    I never understood the secrecy around Runescape's tool set. If you look at employer review sites though, such as Glassdoor, then it becomes clear that it's non-standard stuff within the industry.

I've always wondered if that undermines professional progression for the people who work there.
    <&Speljohan_> i wouldnt want to live in a society where Mopman isnt monitored 24/7

OfflineFrell

• View Profile

andrew wrote the last set, andrew is still secretive about his work. However when they restarted osrs they had to rewrite all the tools involved in cache editing so maybe the new devs don't really care.
    I doubt it too, I'm sure they've moved on to the industry standard toolset anyway.

I've always wondered if that undermines professional progression for the people who work there.
    I remember someone on an art forum talking about the year or two they spent at Jagex, they said they regret it because their art style isn't desirable for future employers viewing their portfolio and they also didn't further their experience with real industry software. They were also really strict on productivity, monitoring everyone's computer use etc.
    « Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 12:01:55 AM by Frell »

OfflineCres

• View Profile
    I remember reading some stuff on Glassdoor too about Jagex. One guy came from another country to discuss his pay and they asked him how much he made at his previous job and he answered honestly. At the next stage of the interview they gave him an offer and the amount he would get paid was exactly the same as his old job, converted to brittish pounds. Also >65% of those Glassdoor reports say that their management sucks, but that was something we could derive from the game itself.
    As time crumbles away

Offlinez

• View Profile
    I never understood the secrecy around Runescape's tool set. If you look at employer review sites though, such as Glassdoor, then it becomes clear that it's non-standard stuff within the industry.
    Andrew was just a whiny child who wanted to do everything his way.
    pls dont ever leave me guis you were all the most stable thing in my life <3

Offlinesini

• View Profile
    Yeah I think if you compared the capabilities of Jagex circa like 2008-2012 versus other companies they were WAY behind.

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.