RuneScape Classic > RSC Server Development / Discussion

Official Moparscape RSC Server - General Discussion Topic

<<< (11/160) >>>

All Day:

--- Quote from: Moparisthebest on May 03, 2011, 06:37:47 PM ---You will login with the RSC name you set in your profile, and your forum password.

--- End quote ---

Sounds good to me, there should be no security breaches etc.

Seek:
Sorry if im wrong but if we enter our username into that box wouldn't that mean it would be very easily changed? Or is it once you put something in there it's permanent

Moparisthebest:

--- Quote from: Seek on May 03, 2011, 09:12:42 PM ---Sorry if im wrong but if we enter our username into that box wouldn't that mean it would be very easily changed? Or is it once you put something in there it's permanent

--- End quote ---

It's easy to change, why shouldn't it be?  But you won't want to change it because then your account is up for grabs for anyone else who wants to put it on their profile, that should be enough to stop people from jumping around accounts.

Yoshie:

--- Quote from: Moparisthebest on May 03, 2011, 11:38:45 AM ---You may now register your RSC name that you will use on the server at the bottom of this page:

https://forum.moparscape.org/profile/area=forumprofile

Hurry up so you get the name you want.

You can view other account's name by clicking on their profile, for example, mine is 'moparsthbest'.

--- End quote ---

I'm curious... does this mean that if someone is banned for a forum offense, then their in-game account tied to said forum account will also be banned?

xEnt:

--- Quote from: Moparisthebest on May 03, 2011, 09:28:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: Seek on May 03, 2011, 09:12:42 PM ---Sorry if im wrong but if we enter our username into that box wouldn't that mean it would be very easily changed? Or is it once you put something in there it's permanent

--- End quote ---

It's easy to change, why shouldn't it be?  But you won't want to change it because then your account is up for grabs for anyone else who wants to put it on their profile, that should be enough to stop people from jumping around accounts.

--- End quote ---

not sure if i agree on this setup, i can see it causing lots of problems. once RSC name is set, it should be perm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version