Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • defrozen: need some help waited a couple for days and still no replys [https://forum.moparscape.org/server-help/48/launcher-help/682239/msg4520733#new]
      Today at 07:47:47 AM
    • EntasiaRSPS: Entasia is now released! [link]
      Today at 06:53:39 AM
    • Intdubspawn: Register on the RecklessPk website, we are releasing soon!
      Today at 01:45:01 AM
    • Adaro: WILKO STOP BANNING ME...i am not doing anything bad, just trying to help people
      Today at 01:22:33 AM
    • Lin: hey thanks stCky
      Today at 12:27:00 AM
    • stCky: :thinking_face: :ok_hand:
      September 18, 2017, 08:28:24 PM
    • cgh: dont tell me what to do
      September 18, 2017, 06:09:16 PM
    • stCky: really enjoying the openGL content Lin
      September 18, 2017, 04:15:57 PM
    • Jc22493: Keep the chatbox civil please and thanks
      September 18, 2017, 03:59:24 PM
    • Lin: fudge u drub
      September 18, 2017, 12:25:04 AM
    • stCky: yeah i want :thinking_face: give us emojis or im not voting u in as president again
      September 17, 2017, 04:34:30 PM
    • Intdubspawn: RecklessPk is releasing September 24th! :) All join the discord here [link]
      September 17, 2017, 04:30:05 PM
    • drubrkletern: when r we getting real emojis in shoutbox boys *okhand*
      September 17, 2017, 03:55:51 PM
    • Amcora: keep it out of shoutbox please
      September 17, 2017, 07:36:43 AM
    • ACCBIKERS: WHO DA FUK IS THAT GUY ?
      September 17, 2017, 05:53:49 AM
    • ACCBIKERS: I DO IT ON EVERY SERVER GOING I'LL DO WHAT I WHAT !
      September 17, 2017, 05:53:44 AM
    • ACCBIKERS: Bitch shut the fudge up you little poncy ass runt.... you're mad no one even trusted you and awwww how cute DO I GIVE A fudge
      September 17, 2017, 05:53:30 AM
    • Adaro: Not to mention I never abused my commands when I was a helper like you jailing yourself in wilderness to avoid pkers...then boosting about it to people
      September 17, 2017, 03:12:00 AM
    • Adaro: GEOFFREY I never told anyone about that command in all the 7 months of playing, and I knew worse glitches...can't say I break as many serious rules like you real world trading and scamming players over a RuneScape account
      September 17, 2017, 03:10:49 AM
    • bradyfan12: hey guys could anyone come test my server for me, free ags+inferno cape
      September 15, 2017, 08:37:15 PM

Author Topic: Private Server where botting is allowed  (Read 2744 times)

Offlinefreaky5000

• View Profile
      • StorkPK
    Re: Private Server where botting is allowed
    « Reply #20 on: April 18, 2015, 03:16:52 AM »
    What the fudge? People are actually discussing legitimate ideas... Nah I must be on the wrong forum.
    StorkPK.net - Coming to you October 17'

OfflineZach Knight

• View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: April 18, 2015, 03:52:57 AM »
    Honestly that'd be easy to implement in a day of work, from any working codebase that I am familiar with for RSC gameservers.
    So, I'm curious what help you'd like or need.
    Also, did you just nab RSCR's bank screen?  You should implement your own, really.  I can show you the one I'd made when I was writing a new client graphics API and shit, if you want some design ideas if you're interested in doing that at all..
    EDIT: Just watched video of the botting part, you should write server-sided automation, like one automation task per player maybe, or similar, kinda like a followTick but a automationTick task.
    I looked at RSCR's bank screen and decided I liked it, so I made my own.  So... the idea was stolen.  But code wasn't.  It's a bit messy because I'm so used to a more object oriented approach where the client itself seems anything but that.  But if you want it I'd be willing to share it with ya.  When it comes to help... I don't know just basically someone to work on things with.  It's more fun that way.  I get what you mean by it only taking a day or two...  I've essentially finished my idea already.  I just don't know if the server itself will hold up at all.  Is there any simple way to load test these things?  I could spin up a dozen bots between the two computers I have and stick them all in the mining guild or somewhere congested...  but a dozen is still tiny haha.  I like that idea of the automationTick task... I'll keep thinking about it and how it could potentially be incorporated.

tickle me elmo I love those ideas.  Before any sort of implementation they'd need to be more concrete.  Right now I'm still just building off of easyrsc, so it's somewhat limited.  I'm realizing the code base for it is actually quite simpleish... although when it comes creating a better design I haven't put the brain power into it yet.  I've done a touch of research on mina and netty.  I feel like I need to dive in and start actually playing around with netty some.  If I continue to put the time in to a point that I start seeing all the pieces come together I'll put more effort into the design of a new server.
    Client was written for JDK1.1, it's ancient and yea it's very procedural in design.
    I wrote an object-oriented graphics API for it, to make shit like making new bank UIs easier.
    I don't need a new bank UI, just dislike how RSCR had theres setup honestly, it takes up a lot of space and shit.
    Migrating from MINA to Netty is incredibly simple if you're at all familiar with the two libraries, too.

OfflineCamHart

• View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: April 19, 2015, 12:47:49 AM »
    Why does it matter how much space the bank takes?  Its not like you can do anything else while banking.  Is switching over to netty worth it?

OfflineRodgerwilco

• View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: April 19, 2015, 02:28:59 AM »
    Switching over to Netty or NIO is worth it in terms of speed. While Netty can be event driven, whoever implemented did not focus on it. You can still change it to be event driven.

The bank spaces I haven't looked at it in a while but if I remember correctly off the top of my head, the size of the bank is a byte and is sent/verified every time a player does something with it. So you will be sending/receiving more data if you extend it. It's not necessarily how many slots you provide to players but rather how much they use. If everyone has a small bank then its better for networking purposes.
    RSC Update: JMods still lack interest. Lots and lots of debating.
    Another Update: Jagex still doesn't a fk. GG Community

OfflineEcko

• View Profile
      • Autobots
    « Reply #24 on: April 19, 2015, 04:20:58 AM »
    So what happens when someone creates a bot that circumvent all the rules/limitations implemented in your client?

OfflineCamHart

• View Profile
    « Reply #25 on: April 19, 2015, 10:56:04 AM »
    So what happens when someone creates a bot that circumvent all the rules/limitations implemented in your client?
    I haven't thought too hard on this.  But probably ban them?  I know this gets difficult to enforce.  But my hope would be that theres less motivation for someone to take the time to make a bot when a form of legal botting exist and isnt too hard to do.

If i keep it so the skin changes colors to that black looking color when botting, that will make it possible to detect users using things like autoclickers once someone walks by the individual and cares enough to check.  Modified clients are always easy enough to make if you know how.  I'll need to put some thought into how I'd try to detect them.  That sounds sort of like a fun challenge tho.   

What would you suggest gets done?
    « Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 11:05:34 AM by CamHart »

OfflinexEnt

• RSC Guru
      • View Profile
    « Reply #26 on: April 21, 2015, 09:40:07 PM »
    day 1 client would be hacked to bot without 'bot time cards' and data would be blocked to not tell the server you've enabled the bot, to get the full exp.

OfflineCamHart

• View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: April 21, 2015, 11:03:00 PM »
    day 1 client would be hacked to bot without 'bot time cards' and data would be blocked to not tell the server you've enabled the bot, to get the full exp.
    I didn't mention this, but it can be seen in the video.  When you're character is legit botting your skin color changes black (sort of zombie mode).  That's controlled server side.  Anyone seen botting without the zombie skin is using a modified client.  At that point enforcing no modified client botting becomes the same as every other server out there.

Edit:  Start at 10 seconds.  Pay attention to the skin color. 

Offlinefreaky5000

• View Profile
      • StorkPK
    « Reply #28 on: April 22, 2015, 03:16:37 AM »
    Not bad CamHart, theres always a way around botting though mate, always that one little smart arse(Cough*xEnt*Cough).
    StorkPK.net - Coming to you October 17'

OfflineCamHart

• View Profile
    « Reply #29 on: April 22, 2015, 03:36:00 AM »
    Not bad CamHart, theres always a way around botting though mate, always that one little smart arse(Cough*xEnt*Cough).
    And I'm not claiming to be able to stop it...  Just I'll be able to differentiate between someone botting within the rules/constraints (having bot time etc.) and someone who's not.

OfflineRodgerwilco

• View Profile
    « Reply #30 on: April 23, 2015, 02:04:41 AM »
    Unfortunately that is very easy to get around. I'll pm you my thoughts on the subject  ;)
    RSC Update: JMods still lack interest. Lots and lots of debating.
    Another Update: Jagex still doesn't a fk. GG Community

OfflineCamHart

• View Profile
    « Reply #31 on: April 23, 2015, 02:55:26 PM »
    Unfortunately that is very easy to get around. I'll pm you my thoughts on the subject  ;)
    I liked the thoughts you had, and I responded.  I fail to see how its easy to get around though.

Offlinetickle me elmo

• View Profile
    « Reply #32 on: April 23, 2015, 07:40:16 PM »
    How do you differentiate people who create dark skinned characters? (assuming its allowed)

OfflineCamHart

• View Profile
    « Reply #33 on: April 24, 2015, 12:41:58 AM »
    How do you differentiate people who create dark skinned characters? (assuming its allowed)
    the normal skin colors for the client are all still allowed.  The dark zombie color isnt.. Though i dont think i checked for that properly server side now that i think about it.  So with a modified client one could register your character to always have dark skIn.  Thats an easy enough fix tho.

Offlinematty matt

• View Profile
    « Reply #34 on: April 24, 2015, 12:27:11 PM »
    This play seems to allow it
    http://www.rscslay.com/?query=rules

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.