RuneScape Classic > RSC Server Development / Discussion

RSCDaemon - The future of RSC

<<< (19/118) >>>

Kryptix:

--- Quote from: KO9 on February 26, 2012, 02:35:55 PM ---Agreed. Not only is it silly to use RSCDaemon as a name for the fact that it is legally owned by jagex but it's also sad that you're taking the good name of Reines' former server as your own, especially baring in mind that in all likelihood without rscdv25 no rscps would be around today.
--- End quote ---
Reines got the name from the project the others started... It only became known as Reines' RSCD because it was playable and successful. Plus, it's more of a code name for us: we wanted to start a new project from scratch and didn't know what to call it so decided to go with the same name that has been passed down throughout the years of private server development. I've spoken to Reines and he said he couldn't care if I used the name.

I have wanted to get the 'RSC' out of the name since RSBot got shut-down due to 'RS' meaning 'RuneScape' but as of right now I can't think of a suitable name. Suggestions are more than welcome!

--- Quote from: KO9 on February 26, 2012, 04:52:10 PM ---Looking at the history of rsc private servers since Reines left I can't see anyone with the knowledge or inclination to write a playable rsc daemon. Every major server since RSCD shutdown has used a bastardized version of the rscd source including devine and st0rkpk so I don't think my statement is bullshit really.
--- End quote ---
That's what Zilent is doing right now and it will (is) far superior to Reines' RSCD. Others have had the knowledge (I think?) but not the patience. Zilent has both.

fran ta the brah:

--- Quote from: Kryptix on February 26, 2012, 06:51:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: KO9 on February 26, 2012, 02:35:55 PM ---Agreed. Not only is it silly to use RSCDaemon as a name for the fact that it is legally owned by jagex but it's also sad that you're taking the good name of Reines' former server as your own, especially baring in mind that in all likelihood without rscdv25 no rscps would be around today.
--- End quote ---
Reines got the name from the project the others started... It only became known as Reines' RSCD because it was playable and successful. Plus, it's more of a code name for us: we wanted to start a new project from scratch and didn't know what to call it so decided to go with the same name that has been passed down throughout the years of private server development. I've spoken to Reines and he said he couldn't care if I used the name.

I have wanted to get the 'RSC' out of the name since RSBot got shut-down due to 'RS' meaning 'RuneScape' but as of right now I can't think of a suitable name. Suggestions are more than welcome!

--- Quote from: KO9 on February 26, 2012, 04:52:10 PM ---Looking at the history of rsc private servers since Reines left I can't see anyone with the knowledge or inclination to write a playable rsc daemon. Every major server since RSCD shutdown has used a bastardized version of the rscd source including devine and st0rkpk so I don't think my statement is bullshit really.
--- End quote ---
That's what Zilent is doing right now and it will (is) far superior to Reines' RSCD. Others have had the knowledge (I think?) but not the patience. Zilent has both.

--- End quote ---
i believe this aswell cant wait. mopar was a shame and this will be far more superior and every way then rscd thats from the heart aswell

-Nothing:

--- Quote from: KO9 on February 26, 2012, 04:52:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: imthenull on February 26, 2012, 04:13:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: -Nothing on February 26, 2012, 04:11:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: KO9 on February 26, 2012, 02:35:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: flew420 on February 25, 2012, 11:30:57 PM ---Oh ic, so when do we expect kryptix in court?
when your reopening RSCdaemon, which jagex owns all rights to.
@fail, besides coun't you find another name? instead of taking credit for reines work?

--- End quote ---
Agreed. Not only is it silly to use RSCDaemon as a name for the fact that it is legally owned by jagex but it's also sad that you're taking the good name of Reines' former server as your own, especially baring in mind that in all likelihood without rscdv25 no rscps would be around today.

--- End quote ---
I know you all respect Reines n shit. but this line is bullshit.
'especially baring in mind that in all likelihood without rscdv25 no rscps would be around today'

--- End quote ---
neigh, they were here before rscd... just not as developed

--- End quote ---
Looking at the history of rsc private servers since Reines left I can't see anyone with the knowledge or inclination to write a playable rsc daemon. Every major server since RSCD shutdown has used a bastardized version of the rscd source including devine and st0rkpk so I don't think my statement is bullshit really.

--- End quote ---
Of course people used RSCD as base because it was already made, you have to think how things would have been if the allmighty Reines would have never existed. After you have done that, now question yourself again, would there be rsc servers?

Rodgerwilco:
So once again, your not using rscd source... so why name it rscdaemon. Whats your source called? Maybe you can create a name from there.

Kryptix:

--- Quote from: Rodgerwilco on February 26, 2012, 08:15:26 PM ---So once again, your not using rscd source... so why name it rscdaemon. Whats your source called? Maybe you can create a name from there.

--- End quote ---
If we're going with that logic then why is any RSCD based server base called anything other than RSCD?

The code name of the project is called RSCDaemon, I'm open to suggestions on a proper name but unless I really like it I will continue using the RSCDaemon or RSCEmulation name. I'd ideally like to move away from RSCEmulation's name as there's not many people still interested in RSC that haven't tried RSCEmulation and I don't want them thinking it's the exact same thing. A new name is the only way to overcome that.

I considered Reines' RSCD to be official. It was the first of its kind and has lead the way for years since. Our intention is to now replace that with a much better version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version