RuneScape Classic > RSC Server Development / Discussion
RuneScape1\RSC "Remastered"
<<< (4/6) >>>
TechN9ne:
     I just like to think ahead is all- I have several goals and when I have accomplished one goal I'll always know there's another goal to achieve. All of which I know are accomplish-able and time manageable. I have over (probably but maybe) 5 thousand lines on a '.txt' file, ranges from how I should construct each tile, player view depth, monster sprite topology and sprites, 'NPC' behaviors, combat behavior, experience tables, 'skilling' nodes, actual quest and story lines etc. All I have to do is put them into actual code. The only trouble I may run into is getting the combat formula almost precise.

Here's a small sample of how the new engine will now create and display 2d textures, self creating U/V map system using less memory.  The light is only temporary to show the example texture ("3223.png") being converted and manipulated from the sprites.rscd source into an .obj(v,vn,f,n) and displayed as 3d object without having to actually modify the file itself or hard coding normals.

I can't wait to see what Varrock's General Store will look like now.

The client now delivers an All-in-one support for D3D 9,10 and 11, OpenGL 1.5+ as well as the RS1HD Software Rendering.
Added a simple preface for graphic options

tehleteness:
Bump! :P
TechN9ne:
Greetings Technicians,

It's been many months but with out a doubt (alright some) Ive made incredible progress.. Yeah 6 months later and the game still isn't ready for testing however here's all I've done so far.. Images soon to display.

I want to give a shout out to RSCRevolution for bringing RS1 mobile. That is the most spectacular.... I hope that server continues to build its excellent reputation it deserves.

Player Character 100% complete : Player characters are now fully customizable from head to toe. New hair styles, torsos, pants shorts shoes you name it all rigged & though seem excessive- I feel it turned out great ! Rune armor looks awesome on men and gorgeous on the ladies. I merely changed the textures of the armor I.e bronze rusted brown to rune shiney blue etc.. so all armor looks the same just different colored basically..

I may possibly took this project farther than I expected and by that I mean I really cannot say what I'm actually shooting for.. I've enlarged the map and added so much detail to the terrain and objects it really looks like RuneScape 7 with still an RS1 feel..

Combat algorithm mastered & no not for sale.
That probably took the longest..

Slayer skill was on top priority. Custom NPCs in Falador east castle assign you slayer tasks and grant bonus exp and loot. Loot table ever changed

I've set up music player throughout the game but its really all simple tunes I created with FLStudio..

Not all NPCs are yet implemented.
Check out the dragons though !

Inventory system is solid- I used the game sprites from RSC icons and all with proper transparency.

Currently no animation on skilling if I even choose to add any.. Sprite bubble works wonders.

Fishing spots are wider, longer and easier to tick.

Will not be adding fatigue system or any anti bot check besides my own practices.

No quest system yet.

Everything going smooth as planned maybe in the next year I will have a starting point for beta testers hah. That's if I feel like hosting such server.. forgive my rusty grammar ive Lack of sleep Lately

RSC Jerry 2001:

--- Quote from: TechN9ne on June 09, 2015, 11:20:17 PM ---Greetings Technicians,

It's been many months but with out a doubt (alright some) Ive made incredible progress.. Yeah 6 months later and the game still isn't ready for testing however here's all I've done so far.. Images soon to display.

I want to give a shout out to RSCRevolution for bringing RS1 mobile. That is the most spectacular.... I hope that server continues to build its excellent reputation it deserves.

Player Character 100% complete : Player characters are now fully customizable from head to toe. New hair styles, torsos, pants shorts shoes you name it all rigged & though seem excessive- I feel it turned out great ! Rune armor looks awesome on men and gorgeous on the ladies. I merely changed the textures of the armor I.e bronze rusted brown to rune shiney blue etc.. so all armor looks the same just different colored basically..

I may possibly took this project farther than I expected and by that I mean I really cannot say what I'm actually shooting for.. I've enlarged the map and added so much detail to the terrain and objects it really looks like RuneScape 7 with still an RS1 feel..

Combat algorithm mastered & no not for sale.
That probably took the longest..

Slayer skill was on top priority. Custom NPCs in Falador east castle assign you slayer tasks and grant bonus exp and loot. Loot table ever changed

I've set up music player throughout the game but its really all simple tunes I created with FLStudio..

Not all NPCs are yet implemented.
Check out the dragons though !

Inventory system is solid- I used the game sprites from RSC icons and all with proper transparency.

Currently no animation on skilling if I even choose to add any.. Sprite bubble works wonders.

Fishing spots are wider, longer and easier to tick.

Will not be adding fatigue system or any anti bot check besides my own practices.

No quest system yet.

Everything going smooth as planned maybe in the next year I will have a starting point for beta testers hah. That's if I feel like hosting such server.. forgive my rusty grammar ive Lack of sleep Lately

--- End quote ---

What..?
tickle me elmo:
>Greetings technicians
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version