RuneScape Classic > RSC Server Development / Discussion

RuneScape1\RSC "Remastered"

<<< (6/6)

stEps:
is this the only community for runescape classic folks?

Zach Knight:

--- Quote from: TechN9ne on June 23, 2015, 10:17:43 AM ---
--- Quote from: Zach Knight on June 17, 2015, 12:45:21 AM ---It's far more `silly' to reinvent the wheel as you're so eagerly doing than to `change bits of java' as you describe working with the official Jagex RuneScape Classic client source code.

--- End quote ---

If that was the case I'd use the official Runescape classic source code...although we only have replications of such that no one has yet to actually fully replicate without altering the game to what was 'official'. The leading RSC private servers all have minor and major updates that have caused them to drift away from 'replication' and still have many bugs that exist that RSC simply didn't have..

So with that said that is why I create my own engine and source with various libraries to allow game to reach devices like Xbox one and ps4.. Linux windows and Mac compatible. Will I make android package ? Nay.

--- End quote ---
The leading RSC private servers also have no developers for the most part, so there's that.
This project and really, anything to do with RSC period, is a waste of time, and telling yourself otherwise because you're bored and have time to waste isn't going to make it any less of a wate of time.

TechN9ne:
Not to flame.or anything of nature but if anything RSC is pointless then you posting here is even more pointless which would bring to question you writing here. I've made clear in this thread multiple times this is just a side project showcasing progress and ideas. I don't plan on hosting this game but if I did it sure would belong in the RSC section regardless of whose source I use someone else's or my own. Saying that doing something productive is pointless is quite redundant. Perhaps later on down the road I can turn the game engine into its own game but for now I rely on RSC and its simplicity as a great foundation to accomplish my current goals. Need I say more ?

Zach Knight:

--- Quote from: TechN9ne on June 23, 2015, 09:31:45 PM ---Not to flame.or anything of nature but if anything RSC is pointless then you posting here is even more pointless which would bring to question you writing here. I've made clear in this thread multiple times this is just a side project showcasing progress and ideas. I don't plan on hosting this game but if I did it sure would belong in the RSC section regardless of whose source I use someone else's or my own. Saying that doing something productive is pointless is quite redundant. Perhaps later on down the road I can turn the game engine into its own game but for now I rely on RSC and its simplicity as a great foundation to accomplish my current goals. Need I say more ?

--- End quote ---
No, you needn't say more because you didn't even need to say that much.
Yea, I have time to waste just like you do, else I wouldn't be developing for RSClassic.
I was not trying to upset you, I'm simply stating a fact.  The game's dead, and it's not ever going to pick back up.
My original post ITT is just pointing out to you, that this is FAR more silly than working with the official Jagex client.  It doesn't mean that it's not a cool project; it's a VERY cool project, in my opinion.  It's just a redundant project, and I don't consider it productive if your goal is to replicate RSClassic in its current state, it is literally reinventing the wheel.
However, I know the current RSClassic codebase(the one everyone uses with their private servers, the modified 202) is a mess and has been hacked on by like 10000 different people in the RSClassic private server community, which has created a few bugs and etc, Even if it wasn't modified by this community, Jagex wrote it to be compatible with JDK1.1 and it's an incredibly old codebase with a sub-par game engine, so hey, since I'm sure that you're improving the codebase as you port it, this could very well be a worthwhile project.  I can't see the codebase you're creating, so I can't properly comment, it had just irked me that you said it's silly to work with the official Jagex client, when it simply makes more sense and cuts out a lot of development time if all you want to do is play RuneScape Classic again, as most people in the community do.

All that said, I also plan on making a port of the RSClassic client, and had already started it a while back, using C99 and SDL, so I understand the motivation behind this project as well.

KizL:
Can't legally advertise RSC pservers. You can how ever advertise a new game with no worries.

That's my 2 cents on it being silly. :) it's not breeeh

~K!zL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version