Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • ASDss: where do u download source and clients now
      August 18, 2017, 10:39:31 PM
    • ASDss: yo
      August 18, 2017, 10:39:20 PM
    • dan v jad: click me 4 da fun ;)[link]
      August 18, 2017, 04:39:58 PM
    • stCky: Palidinho is your OpenGL (was it OpenGL?) stuff open source anywhere?
      August 16, 2017, 09:07:22 PM
    • Travas:BUILD THE WALL
      August 15, 2017, 09:28:49 PM
    • Travas: i have ass cancer
      August 15, 2017, 09:23:29 PM
    • stCky: what are the fudge are you tryna ask?
      August 15, 2017, 08:21:35 PM
    • bader: what are the rsps community alive ?
      August 15, 2017, 05:46:16 PM
    • bader: yo guys
      August 15, 2017, 05:46:08 PM
    • Spacehost:[link] Updated our thread :)
      August 15, 2017, 09:40:34 AM
    • Adaro: The client is in Download section at Homepage
      August 15, 2017, 01:09:20 AM
    • FaTe_Of_GoDs: where do i get the client?????????????
      August 14, 2017, 05:23:14 PM
    • stCky: can anyone help me? I cant login to the shoutbox
      August 13, 2017, 05:45:15 PM
    • drubrkletern: appeal denied
      August 13, 2017, 02:35:27 PM
    • King_Trout:[link]
      August 13, 2017, 11:17:12 AM
    • Cole1497: no sorry
      August 13, 2017, 10:27:14 AM
    • ayz: yo can anyone explain something to me
      August 13, 2017, 08:08:51 AM
    • coolking12: Hi
      August 13, 2017, 04:16:06 AM
    • stCky: n+1
      August 11, 2017, 06:09:24 PM
    • PalidinoDH: How many more pages are going to show errors before this dude gets on and fixes shit
      August 11, 2017, 04:57:00 PM

Author Topic: Seeking the offline RSC experience  (Read 2045 times)

Offlinemft004

• View Profile
    Seeking the offline RSC experience
    « on: June 02, 2015, 02:00:50 PM »
    Hello, (and by the way I'm technically a noob)

so I want to play RSC offline, as in there's no need for others to connect to it.  I want to be able to log in to a specific account, let's say get to 10 firemaking, log out.  Then the next day I return and log in to that same account and I'm still at 10 firemaking, it remembers me. 

Now I looked around the web and it seems EasyRSC is the most straightforward 'source' (whatever that is), so I found a version of that, has 3 folders: Client, Distributed Client and Server.  Clicked the run_client in the Distributed Client folder and once the RS window had loaded up (graphics said RSCDAEMON in green/white letters with a woman and a bat to the right), I put in any username and password and tried to log in, no dice.  Unable to connect and in the black window alongside there was the Connection refused: connect message.  I went into the settings.ini file in the Distributed Client and the server was 127.0.0.1 and the port was 43594; according to other forum debates I saw around the web apparently that's what I need for offline play.  So what's the matter guys? 

Bear in mind two things.  First off I've really not done this sort of stuff before so you're gonna have to hold my hand through all this.  Second, I've got the time and the patience.  If this takes a few days and a few pages of posts so be it.  To be able to know that I can always play good old classic even if the best-known servers out there go down... that's a good feeling. 

Naturally, if it's the case that one of you guys already has a source that is up and ready for offline play I'll happily just accept that from you :)

Mark.

PS I'm not after any noticeable additions to the original RSC, e.g. no hits display permanently listed to the left etc.
    « Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 03:01:23 PM by mft004 »

Offlinegawdz666

• View Profile
    Re: Seeking the offline RSC experience
    « Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 03:01:23 PM »
    what does your server say when you boot it up
    Quote from: xEnt
    At First I Was Like..."I came to the conclusion today that i am over RSC.."Then I Was all Like..."Official Moparscape RSC Server"

Offlinemft004

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 03:02:50 PM »
    Ok so when you say boot it up what should i be clicking?  The 'Run Server' bat?

And should I actually have those 3 folders that I mentioned or should I just have the Client and Server folders?

By the way if I don't reply it's just cos I've had to go to bed, I'll be back tomorrow for sure.
    « Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 03:44:26 PM by mft004 »

Offlinegawdz666

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 08:57:04 AM »
    Ok so to a server there are 2-3 pieces for bootup since its easyrsc there is only client and server.

There run server.bat should load up some sort of UI for you if i believe i never really looked @ easyrsc.

Let me know what the console says when u load up the server see if it connected properly.
    At First I Was Like..."I came to the conclusion today that i am over RSC.."Then I Was all Like..."Official Moparscape RSC Server"

Offlinemft004

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 11:45:06 AM »
    Sorry gawd I can't see a Server.bat, only a Run Server.bat in the server folder and, when I click that a box appears for a second and then disappears. 

In case it helps I've attached pictures of the two folders and a picture of clicking on the run_client and trying to log in.

Again if you think there's something I should be using instead of EasyRSC let me know, especially if it's more akin to the RSC of 2003.
    « Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 11:47:33 AM by mft004 »

OfflineJustin Bieber

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 12:48:39 PM »
    Since most people are either interested in running a server or playing existing servers, it's split up into client and server. If you want to play your own private/offline world then you need to run the server yourself and connect to it using the client. This means you need to get the server running before trying to connect the client.

The server handles things like the underlying game mechanics, but more importantly for you - it saves your account data. The client mainly handles sound and graphics.

If the "run server" dialog instantly closes, then that almost certainly means it failed to start and would have handily displayed the reason inside the dialog box before it disappeared. You'll probably have to edit the "run server" bat (using notepad++) and add "pause" to the end so that it doesn't automatically close.

Also just an fyi - 127.0.0.1 is the address of your own computer. So when you specify 127.0.0.1 in the client that just means connect to the server running on the same computer as the client. Just be aware that it obviously doesn't publicly identify you - I can't connect to your server from my house using 127.0.0.1.
    « Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 12:51:16 PM by Justin Bieber »

Offlinemft004

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 01:20:07 PM »
    Ok thanks for the extra help.  So I've attached two pictures.  In one I've just shown the Java folders in my programs, in case you needed that info. 

Second, I've shown trying to add 'pause' using the notepad++ you mentioned.  the box still only flashed up then disappeared, am I doing it right?
    « Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 01:29:21 PM by mft004 »

OfflineJustin Bieber

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 02:11:22 PM »
    Oh, get rid of the line that says exit!

Offlinegawdz666

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 02:36:30 PM »
    Also the connection refused to connect means that ip and or port you are trying to connect to is not open or available.

Please double check both of those.

Offlinemft004

• View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 02:59:16 PM »
    Hi again,

ok I got rid of the word exit and now the server box doesnt instantly appear. 
    Attached is the message it shows.

OfflineJustin Bieber

• View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 01:54:23 AM »
    You'll need to install Apache Ant. Try this guide - http://www.mkyong.com/ant/how-to-install-apache-ant-on-windows/

OfflinexAdyx

• View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 04:29:25 AM »
    Hello Mark,

If you want to learn, I suggest you to use a little better version of EasyRSC, on it's name NOOBScape v3, which is a bit more developed and some of major bugs fixed. If you can't find it i can share mine with you, ive been working on it on my free time, and have plenty bugs fixed. For source and some help with setting it to run offline/online you can mail me or add my skype : [email protected]

You will need the following :

- Apache Ant
    - Java JDK + JRE (i recommand you to use Java 6)
    - Notepad++ (i use it to edit java and xml files) or Eclipse

All the best,
    Printz ~

Offlinemft004

• View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: June 04, 2015, 11:51:04 AM »
    Hi Justin,

Apache Ant is now installed as per your guide, let me know what I should do next and thanks for the help thus far.

Hey xAdyx, I won't forget your comment and after having a go through this other method, whether it works or not, I shall check out your work.

Oh and now, when I click on Run_Server, even if I add pause to the end of the batch using notepad++, it still won't pause.  I took two screenies of the box before it disappeared.  I'm also now attaching the screenie of the notepad++ view of the Run_Server file.  I'd edited the Path line because it was linked to a version of Java not on my machine.  I'm guessing maybe that path might be wrong, let me know.

One more thing :) I've added screenies of the variables.  In the second I'm showing the end of the path that I edited as per your last post's guide, Justin.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 01:21:27 PM by mft004 »

OfflineJustin Bieber

• View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: June 04, 2015, 02:01:28 PM »
    Sorry, been a while since I've used windows.. pause always worked for me on XP lol

Try adding "cmd /k" to the end instead of pause. Apparently that keeps it open. If not, have a google for "stop bat file closing windows". You really need to see that full error to know how to fix it :)

It does look like you're on the right track though. Java and Ant appear to be working, you're just getting an error with rscdaemon.
    « Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 02:03:23 PM by Justin Bieber »

Offlinemft004

• View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: June 04, 2015, 02:11:32 PM »
    This is very strange.  Neither set /p=, nor cmd /k, nor cmd /k command seem to work.  Erm what I'm doing is just opening the Run_Server with notepad ++, removing whatever was in line 5, putting a new command in and then pressing the floppy disk 'save' icon.  Is that the process for editing it or should I be doing something else as well?

Also, what should the path mentioned in line 3 be exactly?  Should it be the path to the jre in Disc C, or jdk, or something else?
    On the EasyRSC I have it is by default C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_35;ant\bin.  Now Java for me is on Program Files (x86) rather than just Program Files, and it's not Java 1.6, it's Java 1.8 etc, so I'm guessing that has to be changed.  But where does the 'ant' fit in?
    « Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 02:18:14 PM by mft004 »

OfflineJustin Bieber

• View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: June 04, 2015, 02:16:47 PM »
    Yeah that sounds right. I suppose you could try adding cmd /k before the ant command, so it reads like this
    Code: [Select]
    cmd /k ant runserver

or with quotes if that doesn't work:
    Code: [Select]
    cmd /k "ant runserver"

I think you have the path right since it looks like Java is at least running.

Offlinemft004

• View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: June 04, 2015, 02:20:56 PM »
    Ok if I do that, so the file reads as the screenie attached shows, it shows the message attached.

And this happens if I use quotes and if I don't use quotes.

OfflineJustin Bieber

• View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: June 04, 2015, 02:37:46 PM »
    Try cmd.exe

Offlinemft004

• View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: June 04, 2015, 02:44:50 PM »
    With that, it says that cmd.exe is not recognised as an internal or external command etc.

OfflineJustin Bieber

• View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: June 04, 2015, 03:37:00 PM »
    fml windows. Apparently you need to add C:\Windows\System32 to your path. Just add it next to ant\bin, separated with a ;

I guess this is because you're setting PATH and that overwrites any defaults

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.