Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • hexedss1: Anyone would like to help on client side got a variable declartion Error
      August 15, 2018, 09:06:30 PM
    • SOUPSOUP: just get a vpn
      August 13, 2018, 06:44:28 PM
    • jme: _^_ will answer all of your javascript questions
      August 12, 2018, 07:11:00 PM
    • doomsale: and where is boxman?
      August 10, 2018, 03:16:59 AM
    • doomsale: Where can i play the Moparscape MMORPG with the Metallica instrumentals?
      August 10, 2018, 03:16:47 AM
    • doomsale: no longer clicking on doors and dummies at east bank
      August 10, 2018, 03:16:07 AM
    • doomsale: were all grown up now huh?
      August 10, 2018, 03:15:58 AM
    • _^_: hey everyone look at my graphs [link]
      August 06, 2018, 01:52:16 PM
    • braedyn: Someone pl0x help me out with PI Lottery!!
      August 03, 2018, 02:12:25 AM
    • Travas: p3n1s
      July 26, 2018, 09:46:33 PM
    • Krackkid: You up :eggplant:
      July 23, 2018, 06:18:17 PM
    • DeathsChaos9: no
      July 23, 2018, 03:53:31 PM
    • Emulous: Come check out Emulous: [link]
      July 22, 2018, 03:37:19 PM
    • Emulous:[link]
      July 22, 2018, 03:37:00 PM
    • Travas: ur mom
      July 21, 2018, 06:04:50 PM
    • YNRDAB: Watcha big ballers up too?
      July 20, 2018, 11:01:06 AM
    • dark250: i need help for coding client
      July 19, 2018, 08:27:37 AM
    • Travas: yes
      July 14, 2018, 02:19:44 PM
    • drubrkletern: lmao racist and sexist much?
      July 14, 2018, 01:11:52 PM
    • Cole1497: yeah i got you lil boat give me a second
      July 13, 2018, 03:19:35 AM

Author Topic: FDTD - Now with PK!  (Read 6767 times)

OfflineRs3advanced

• View Profile
    Re: From Dust to Dragons 3
    « Reply #100 on: May 27, 2015, 03:32:43 AM »
    Bumping this thread for interest! Everyone join for an awesome, challenging, yet rewarding experience!
    Runescape Gambling

OfflineYkcud

• View Profile
    « Reply #101 on: May 27, 2015, 02:30:35 PM »
    This is a very interesting and unique server. I enjoyed what little time I spent on it, but was unable to continue as my computer is rather sensitive and this server is too intensive on it to play it for any extensive amount of time. I wish the owner(s), the server and community the best of luck.
    Runescape Gambling

Offlinefuzzout

• View Profile
    « Reply #102 on: May 27, 2015, 03:41:49 PM »
    I just updated the original post with brand new information, a new video and... stuff :)

And thank you everyone for your good comments :)
    I use Deltascape because I can code fast and fix bugs literally before the person has finished explaining them.
    If you ever wanted to see your idea in an RSPS, PM me; tell me your idea. If it fits the theme, I'll make it reality.
    Runescape Gambling

OfflineRs3advanced

• View Profile
    Re: FDTD - Defining RPG and PvE
    « Reply #103 on: May 27, 2015, 06:48:44 PM »
    Bumping! New Advertisement in the original post! Join now!

Offlinefuzzout

• View Profile
    « Reply #104 on: May 28, 2015, 01:44:02 PM »
    The server is completely free to play, in case anyone is wondering... there are no donations or anything... ever.
    I use Deltascape because I can code fast and fix bugs literally before the person has finished explaining them.
    If you ever wanted to see your idea in an RSPS, PM me; tell me your idea. If it fits the theme, I'll make it reality.

OfflineWarTusk-RSPS

• View Profile
    « Reply #105 on: May 28, 2015, 02:13:41 PM »
    The server is completely free to play, in case anyone is wondering... there are no donations or anything... ever.

My opinion:

Then what is your motivation to keep this online and to keep up to date with the vps? Sure I can understand " I just want players to enjoy my game and that satisfies me. " But that will only drive you so far until later in life you will figure that your time is actually worth money. And that hosting/developing a game that will never accept 1 donation is unrealistic which will lead to you shutting this down which will also waist the players time and work in your game. In these forums people always blow out of proportion "HE SHOWED A LITTLE SHOP ABOUT DONATIONS! THE NERVE! HE IS JUST MONEY HUNGRY AND WANTS A QUICK BUCK!" That is not true what so ever. I agree there is a fine line between a decent amount of advertisement for your donation system and way to much advertisement where it becomes extremely annoying.  But there is nothing wrong what so ever about having a donation system because

1) you deserve a donation here and there if you produced a fun game.

2) it gives players an assurance that a buck here and there will help the duration of how long your game stays online. Because if you make at least some money you are going to keep it online to see how much more you can get and it become time/cost effective.

3) you might have a job and might be completely fine on funds but paying for advertisements over and over and upgrading your vps and web hosts and e.t.c does add up and purchasing all of that just to get more players who you will never get 1$ from, because you will not take even one donation just will not turn out good. You are eventually going to get sick of purchasing all of this stuff and hosting it just so people can chill on your game for no return what so ever.

Just look at other top games. Find a way that you can balance the donation system so players have a desire to donate for it but at the same time where it is not a necessity for players who just cannot donate. (cosmetics is usually a really good way to go)

Maybe since this is your own game try adding expansions (in a sense) where you can unlock new lands and fight other types of monsters and do other quests and other fun activities for players to do that will not ruin your balance. It's your own game you can think of some sweet stuff just use your imagination!

Your game looks fun continue the hard work and keep it up! I am excited to see your further development hosting your own game and see how everything turns out!

"Speaking of if you want me to stop flooding your server and want a solution on how to prevent it, I'll start the negotiations at 500$. A drop in the bucket for you I suppose. And I'll help fix the XSS vulnerabilities for 100$ each."

-Sini

Offlinefuzzout

• View Profile
    « Reply #106 on: May 28, 2015, 02:28:17 PM »

My opinion:

Then what is your motivation to keep this online and to keep up to date with the vps? Sure I can understand " I just want players to enjoy my game and that satisfies me. " But that will only drive you so far until later in life you will figure that your time is actually worth money. And that hosting/developing a game that will never accept 1 donation is unrealistic which will lead to you shutting this down which will also waist the players time and work in your game. In these forums people always blow out of proportion "HE SHOWED A LITTLE SHOP ABOUT DONATIONS! THE NERVE! HE IS JUST MONEY HUNGRY AND WANTS A QUICK BUCK!" That is not true what so ever. I agree there is a fine line between a decent amount of advertisement for your donation system and way to much advertisement where it becomes extremely annoying.  But there is nothing wrong what so ever about having a donation system because

1) you deserve a donation here and there if you produced a fun game.

2) it gives players an assurance that a buck here and there will help the duration of how long your game stays online. Because if you make at least some money you are going to keep it online to see how much more you can get and it become time/cost effective.

3) you might have a job and might be completely fine on funds but paying for advertisements over and over and upgrading your vps and web hosts and e.t.c does add up and purchasing all of that just to get more players who you will never get 1$ from, because you will not take even one donation just will not turn out good. You are eventually going to get sick of purchasing all of this stuff and hosting it just so people can chill on your game for no return what so ever.

Just look at other top games. Find a way that you can balance the donation system so players have a desire to donate for it but at the same time where it is not a necessity for players who just cannot donate. (cosmetics is usually a really good way to go)

Maybe since this is your own game try adding expansions (in a sense) where you can unlock new lands and fight other types of monsters and do other quests and other fun activities for players to do that will not ruin your balance. It's your own game you can think of some sweet stuff just use your imagination!

Your game looks fun continue the hard work and keep it up! I am excited to see your further development hosting your own game and see how everything turns out!

You know, you are amazing. Thank you so much for your comment (and I'm sorry for how little thought I had put into my last comment... that was... I don't even know why I wrote that :D it is true though).

I understand the concern. The thing is, I just... eh... I don't feel something THIS simple deserves money; Yes it costs money to keep it up. The thing is... I'm a creator... I create things; I don't want anything back... Often hobbies cost money; this is my hobby... and other than the hosting costs; the hobby is very cheap; it keeps me happy, expressed... and clear-minded.

It was in fact being hosted from my PC up until earlier today; I quietly switched over to a VPS and nobody noticed.
    This will come out cheaper than hosting it at home (because lol my PC is a monster, eats the universe in electric)... It will also make the server more stable and bring its uptime back to 100% (the pc died one morning while I was at work x,x was unable to fix until got home, dropped me to 99% uptime).

Anyways... I keep losing track of the topic:
    As stated above, its my hobby... people have expensive hobbies like stamp collecting or horse riding or mountain climbing... all of those cost way more money than my simple method of expression... I accept the little bit that this costs me.
    I know myself, I trust myself... The server will remain online.

--
    Last thought on the donation topic:
    I just... I don't want to. I don't want to become the very thing I despise right now... I don't want entitled people. I want people to be the same as everyone else; all equal; playing, working together and discussing how best to beat this brutal game that's got them trapped in Varrock.

That is why I removed PK from the server
    That is why I never added donations
    That is why I didn't give everyone full bandos, 99s and 999m gp on login...

To keep everyone level-headed and friendly... And if you play here, that is what you will encounter... you will understand... discover... discuss and explore.

Thank you once again for your amazing comment, I wish you an amazing day. You deserve one.

-Fuzzout

Late edit:
    In one word: It's passion that drives me. I just ... I just want to create a world and watch people enjoy it, see what they do within and with it. I like being creative and my reward is seeing how others view it.
    « Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 02:58:46 PM by fuzzout »

OfflineSarwar

• View Profile
    « Reply #107 on: May 28, 2015, 06:54:56 PM »
    Honestly rarely play any RSPS nowadays. However this looks pretty cool so might aswell give it a bump :P
    /o/
     |     hail the potato
    / /
    ~ OTF Clan - Subscribe <3

Offlinefuzzout

• View Profile
    « Reply #108 on: May 28, 2015, 10:18:19 PM »
    Honestly rarely play any RSPS nowadays. However this looks pretty cool so might aswell give it a bump :P

:o thank you so much! That was a very nice gesture of ya :)

Offlinei dd s k0 i

• View Profile
    Re: FDTD - Now with PK!
    « Reply #109 on: May 30, 2015, 02:43:19 PM »
    Never experienced such a unique server before. It's not unique because it would have some custom items.. no. It's unique because the whole concept is different than any other server. There is a bit of backstory, but mostly there are classes, abilities of these classes, different world approach, more aggressive yet more rewarding. I love it. Try it out people!

I give this server 9/10.

PS: Cut all plants you see. (Yes, you can cut the plants that are there just for decoration in RS or other servers!)
    « Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 02:44:59 PM by i dd s k0 i »

Offlinehollynye

• View Profile
    « Reply #110 on: May 31, 2015, 10:40:17 PM »
    Hey very very nice server so much different than most i have ever played you really should check it out im sure ur love it and for those who like pk will love the end game

Offlinefuzzout

• View Profile
    « Reply #111 on: June 01, 2015, 01:35:28 PM »
    Added the TRUE LIST
    (click to show/hide)

Also Updated the intro :) Now everyone can get a feel for the midgame! :D

OfflineScully

• View Profile
    « Reply #112 on: June 03, 2015, 02:26:47 AM »
    Guys the server is great, come check it out.

Offlinefuzzout

• View Profile
    « Reply #113 on: June 03, 2015, 12:49:25 PM »
    Updated the way player actions are handled on the server :)
    We now use a playerAction(action) system. It makes handling and fixing things much easier ^^

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.