Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • stCky: Palidinho is your OpenGL (was it OpenGL?) stuff open source anywhere?
      August 16, 2017, 09:07:22 PM
    • Travas:BUILD THE WALL
      August 15, 2017, 09:28:49 PM
    • Travas: i have ass cancer
      August 15, 2017, 09:23:29 PM
    • stCky: what are the fudge are you tryna ask?
      August 15, 2017, 08:21:35 PM
    • bader: what are the rsps community alive ?
      August 15, 2017, 05:46:16 PM
    • bader: yo guys
      August 15, 2017, 05:46:08 PM
    • Spacehost:[link] Updated our thread :)
      August 15, 2017, 09:40:34 AM
    • Adaro: The client is in Download section at Homepage
      August 15, 2017, 01:09:20 AM
    • FaTe_Of_GoDs: where do i get the client?????????????
      August 14, 2017, 05:23:14 PM
    • stCky: can anyone help me? I cant login to the shoutbox
      August 13, 2017, 05:45:15 PM
    • drubrkletern: appeal denied
      August 13, 2017, 02:35:27 PM
    • King_Trout:[link]
      August 13, 2017, 11:17:12 AM
    • Cole1497: no sorry
      August 13, 2017, 10:27:14 AM
    • ayz: yo can anyone explain something to me
      August 13, 2017, 08:08:51 AM
    • coolking12: Hi
      August 13, 2017, 04:16:06 AM
    • stCky: n+1
      August 11, 2017, 06:09:24 PM
    • PalidinoDH: How many more pages are going to show errors before this dude gets on and fixes shit
      August 11, 2017, 04:57:00 PM
    • stCky: it is made by the wonderful people at jetbrains
      August 10, 2017, 10:00:06 PM
    • Zoravon: what's the difference between that and eclipse?
      August 10, 2017, 05:59:52 PM
    • stCky: use an IDE like IntelliJ or shitclipse
      August 10, 2017, 05:33:01 PM

Author Topic: Frugooscape Rebirth![Beta Testers needed] Join Today! Re-live the past!  (Read 1648 times)

Offlinepokemonn

• View Profile
    Welcome to Frugooscape!

We are a semi-spawn server, you can spawn all non-members items, and some members (limited) the rest is Economy based so its a mix from the first generation Frugooscape Cheat world and legit world.

Play Now
    Website & Forums[/url]

- We have 23 working skills including Herblore, Summoning, Farming, Agility, etc.

- All F2P Quests and some members

- Flawless wilderness PKing

- Bounty Hunter
    - Random Events
    - Warriors Guild
    - Various Traveling methods (Canoe, fairy rings, etc)
    - Clan Wars
    - All Free To Play areas perfected
    - All Free To Play skills perfected
    - Game related functions such as clan chat, private chat, assist system, report system and trading have been implemented.
    - Drop party system in falador, clan systems
    - Grand Exchange

please post below if you have troubles connecting, i have not tested my connections.
    « Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 05:37:41 PM by pokemonn »
    lol thanks...I downloaded a 317 but I cant find any of the files I need for a 317 webclient...So I'm really doubting its a 317 server.
    LOL

OfflineParadox68

• View Profile
    Re: Frugooscape [Beta Testers needed] Join Today! Re-live the past!
    « Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 04:58:29 PM »
    How fudgeing dare you name your server Frugooscape....how...fudgeing...dare you.

Offlinepokemonn

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 04:59:15 PM »
    How fudgeing dare you name your server Frugooscape....how...fudgeing...dare you.

its to bring it back alive man! i miss those days <3

« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 05:34:15 PM by pokemonn »
    lol thanks...I downloaded a 317 but I cant find any of the files I need for a 317 webclient...So I'm really doubting its a 317 server.
    LOL

OfflineParadox68

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 05:04:03 PM »

edit: can i ask you to hop on and see if i am portforwarded properly because i'm getting mixed results.
    No you may not. Don't put your leeched unedited garbage Project Insanity base on here calling it Frugooscape. Frugooscape is a classic for anyone old to Private Servers. One of the most respected osrs servers out there. This is NOT frugooscape, and if you need someone to double check your portforwarding job, you're definitely new to making servers and you shouldn't be stealing titles of other people's work. I'm all for learning to code and everyone starts somewhere so i'm not intentionally flaming. I just think it's a garbage thing to do to manipulate someone else's title in a sad ploy to attract players. You are not FrugooScape.
    By the way thank you for logging into my server without the use of a proxy client.
    « Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 05:08:03 PM by Paradox68 »

Offlinepokemonn

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 05:08:52 PM »

edit: can i ask you to hop on and see if i am portforwarded properly because i'm getting mixed results.
    No you may not. Don't put your leeched unedited garbage Project Insanity base on here calling it Frugooscape. Frugooscape is a classic for anyone old to Private Servers. One of the most respected osrs servers out there. This is NOT frugooscape, and if you need someone to double check your portforwarding job, you're definitely new to making servers and you shouldn't be stealing titles of other people's work. I'm all for learning to code and everyone starts somewhere so i'm not intentionally flaming. I just think it's a garbage thing to do to manipulate someone else's title in a sad ploy to attract players. You are not FrugooScape.

By the way thank you for logging into my server without the use of a proxy client.

leeched unedited project insanity... you are hilarious....

i am not new to making server i just moved from the US to Belgium so all of the networking control panels are a bit different and are in another language so sorry if im a bit unsure... im not stealing other peoples work and im not stealing a title im giving it a rebirth
    and btw if you look i've been here a hell of a lot longer than you.

LOL you can have my IP and do whatever you want with it... you getting all crusty because of competition you need to hop off..

« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 05:17:18 PM by pokemonn »
    LOL

Offlinestingray2121

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 05:35:29 PM »
    yo frugooscape was like one of the first rsps out there. i remember back in like 07 playing that game. like everone else is saying you shouldnt take the name of such a respected source. thats like changing ur name to martin luther king

Offlinepokemonn

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 05:36:48 PM »
    yo frugooscape was like one of the first rsps out there. i remember back in like 07 playing that game. like everone else is saying you shouldnt take the name of such a respected source. thats like changing ur name to martin luther king

this is a rebirth! i hope to carry on the name! join, hop in game have some fun!
    LOL

OfflineParadox68

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 05:40:50 PM »

this is a rebirth! i hope to carry on the name! join, hop in game have some fun!

It's not getting crusty, it's disrespectful to take someone else's server name and label it onto a crappy Project Insanity. You can't just say "It's a rebirth!" every time. A rebirth would be getting the original source and putting it online for people to enjoy again. This server shares 0 similarities to the original Frugooscape, you do not have permission from Frugooscape, and you are just manipulating the name to bring a player count.

ka123.no-ip.org
    [email protected]

Offlinepokemonn

• View Profile

It's not getting crusty, it's disrespectful to take someone else's server name and label it onto a crappy Project Insanity. You can't just say "It's a rebirth!" every time. A rebirth would be getting the original source and putting it online for people to enjoy again. This server shares 0 similarities to the original Frugooscape, you do not have permission from Frugooscape, and you are just manipulating the name to bring a player count.

ka123.no-ip.org
    [email protected]

Trust me if i could ask someone for permission i would, but since there is no one that i know...
    I liked frugooscape and i'm trying to bring it back to life.. i love how you say my work is crappy... and a prject insanity...im not even using PI...
    WOW congrats you revieled my email and my no-ip and my port lol... i could do the same for yours....and yes you are being crusty
    « Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 06:18:20 PM by pokemonn »
    LOL

Offlinesk8rdude461

• MOPARSCAPE WAS HACKED
      • View Profile
    If you don't have permission to use someone else's name, then don't use it. That's kinda simple.

I won't be trying your game because you're taking someone else's name, and along with it their reputation.

While paradox could be a little nicer about it, he's right.

Imagine if you made one of the most popular servers out there, and then released it, only to find out 3 years later that some random person is using the name "because they liked it". They're making money, off your name. And off the reputation you built with your server.
    Would that not piss you off even the slightest? Because that would irritate me.

Offlinepokemonn

• View Profile
    If you don't have permission to use someone else's name, then don't use it. That's kinda simple.

I won't be trying your game because you're taking someone else's name, and along with it their reputation.

Imagine if you made one of the most popular servers out there, and then released it, only to find out 3 years later that some random person is using the name "because they liked it". They're making money, off your name. And off the reputation you built with your server.

I'm not making money, i would love to ask permissions and if needed have a settlement agreement but there is no one to contact..

It's like the guy who invented the Happy birthday song, everyone uses it, in cards on posters, singing but no one pays right because no one knows to who or what.
    LOL

Offlinesk8rdude461

• MOPARSCAPE WAS HACKED
      • View Profile

I'm not making money, i would love to ask permissions and if needed have a settlement agreement but there is no one to contact..

It's like the guy who invented the Happy birthday song, everyone uses it, in cards on posters, singing but no one pays right because no one knows to who or what.
    This is nearly 100% different. You can actually get into contact with the person that made the source, with a little digging around.
    The happy birthday song was invented before the internet existed... There was no where near as many advancements then as there are now.

Unless this person dropped all contact with the internet completely, I don't see how you can't find them. You just haven't tried.

Offlinepopcorn57

• View Profile
    Lol sure it's kind of dumb to take someone else's runescape private servers name. But at the same time it is just a runescape private server. Why the fudge are you all spazzing out lol? This is so minuscule and the server will never get more then 10 players. Calm y'alls tits.

Offlinesk8rdude461

• MOPARSCAPE WAS HACKED
      • View Profile
    Lol sure it's kind of dumb to take someone else's runescape private servers name. But at the same time it is just a runescape private server. Why the fudge are you all spazzing out lol? This is so minuscule and the server will never get more then 10 players. Calm y'alls tits.
    You're on a forum that's dedicated to runescape private servers. We're talking about a runescape private server. Hence, why we're "Spazzing out" over it. Because generally, the idea of being on a forum about a specific topic is to talk about that specific topic.

Edit: Also, this isn't anything compared to how people were responding to one of my old project's name. There was like 3 pages of discussion on the name and I hadn't even taken part of it.

Offlinepopcorn57

• View Profile
    You're on a forum that's dedicated to runescape private servers. We're talking about a runescape private server. Hence, why we're "Spazzing out" over it. Because generally, the idea of being on a forum about a specific topic is to talk about that specific topic.

Edit: Also, this isn't anything compared to how people were responding to one of my old project's name. There was like 3 pages of discussion on the name and I hadn't even taken part of it.

Nothing wrong talking about a private server but to be so devoted and passionate and offended about a name of a server. Kinda sad.

Offlinesk8rdude461

• MOPARSCAPE WAS HACKED
      • View Profile

Nothing wrong talking about a private server but to be so devoted and passionate and offended about a name of a server. Kinda sad.
    We are literally talking. Or at least, I am.
    Lol. I'm not "offended". However, if I found my server's name was being used without my permission (Especially if it had a reputation to it, and Frugoscape did), then I would be upset. Therefore, I expressed my opinion on the topic at hand. Which is that he shouldn't be using the name without permission.

Offlinepopcorn57

• View Profile

We are literally talking. Or at least, I am.
    Lol. I'm not "offended". However, if I found my server's name was being used without my permission (Especially if it had a reputation to it, and Frugoscape did), then I would be upset. Therefore, I expressed my opinion on the topic at hand. Which is that he shouldn't be using the name without permission.

I never said you were offended, But the others posting seem very insulted about it. I am just saying calm down a little bit (to those who seem/act offended). And if they copyrighted that name (the original owners of frugooscape or whatever the hell the name is) then alright I can see how that is a problem.  but if some brand new punky noob coder put up a leached server and threw that name on it that will not succeed in any means necessary then it's no reason to freak out about it.

And when he talked about the birthday song he was dead on. Everyone uses it. You said "You can actually get into contact with the person that made the source,"  We are not talking about the source we are talking about the name and if you are trying to make a point about leached sources you better start pulling some all nighters because 90% of the servers on these forums are leached.

And if you are wanting him to get into contact with the guy who made a name frugooscape years ago which  he does not even have rights to... then thats just dumb. Its like you are not able to name your kid jesus because jesus was a good guy in history. (if you believe in jesus)
    « Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 08:31:46 PM by popcorn57 »

Offlinesk8rdude461

• MOPARSCAPE WAS HACKED
      • View Profile
    Ohh a fun reply.
    I never said you were offended, But the others posting seem very insulted about it. I am just saying calm down a little bit (to those who seem/act offended). And if they copyrighted that name (the original owners of frugooscape or whatever the hell the name is) then alright I can see how that is a problem.  but if some brand new punky noob coder put up a leached server and threw that name on it that will not succeed in any means necessary then it's no reason to freak out about it.
    You quoted me and said:
    Which would imply that I'm "devoted and passionate and offended". Or at least, it was safe to assume such, since you quoted me when you directly said it. There are more ways to lay claim to a name or a brand than just copywrites. Trademarking and Registering it are also ways you can legally own a name or etc. However, that's not what we're talking about. I'd also like to say, again, I am not "freaking out" about anything. I am simply discussing.

And when he talked about the birthday song he was dead on. Everyone uses it. You said "You can actually get into contact with the person that made the source,"  We are not talking about the source we are talking about the name and if you are trying to make a point about leached sources you better start pulling some all nighters because 90% of the servers on these forums are leached.
    He was dead on because back in 1893 when the song originated (Or around then) there was hardly a way to document such a song. Again, talking about a song from over a century ago is not relevant to what we're talking about now. As I said earlier, there are ways to get into contact with people today. There are not ways to get into contact from people from 100 years ago.
    I'm also not talking about the original creator of the source. As that would be probably Insanity (from project insanity), or winterLove (from winterlove...). Unless the makers of Frugoscape actually made there own source.. Which I'm unsure of. Again, we are digging into parts that are unrelated to the topic at hand: The name of the server.

And if you are wanting him to get into contact with the guy who made a name frugooscape years ago which  he does not even have rights to... then thats just dumb. Its like you are not able to name your kid jesus because jesus was a good guy in history. (if you believe in jesus)
    Jesus had nothing to do with history. He was not a historical icon. He was a religious icon.
    You want a historical icon? Hitler. There's thousands of people named Adolf because Adolf Hitler was such an inspiration. He still is. Granted his actions were wrong. That doesn't really change how he came to power or how inspiring he was to the people.

OfflineWelliton_inc

• View Profile
    Name aside, this does look like a decent server.
    Quote from: sk8rdude461
    It's not unique. You wanna know why there's no server out there like it?
    That Logic doe....

Offlinepopcorn57

• View Profile
    Ohh a fun reply.
    You quoted me and said:
    Which would imply that I'm "devoted and passionate and offended". Or at least, it was safe to assume such, since you quoted me when you directly said it. There are more ways to lay claim to a name or a brand than just copywrites. Trademarking and Registering it are also ways you can legally own a name or etc. However, that's not what we're talking about. I'd also like to say, again, I am not "freaking out" about anything. I am simply discussing.

He was dead on because back in 1893 when the song originated (Or around then) there was hardly a way to document such a song. Again, talking about a song from over a century ago is not relevant to what we're talking about now. As I said earlier, there are ways to get into contact with people today. There are not ways to get into contact from people from 100 years ago.
    I'm also not talking about the original creator of the source. As that would be probably Insanity (from project insanity), or winterLove (from winterlove...). Unless the makers of Frugoscape actually made there own source.. Which I'm unsure of. Again, we are digging into parts that are unrelated to the topic at hand: The name of the server.

Jesus had nothing to do with history. He was not a historical icon. He was a religious icon.
    You want a historical icon? Hitler. There's thousands of people named Adolf because Adolf Hitler was such an inspiration. He still is. Granted his actions were wrong. That doesn't really change how he came to power or how inspiring he was to the people.

I quoted you so that you knew I was personally talking to you and replying to you. Not because you are spazzing, And I am not trying to make it so that I was directly insulting you. So i'm sorry if you took it that way just getting your attention is all.

And we are not directly/specifically talking about trademarking and registering but it still applies to this conversation because you are wanting him to "ask for permission" To use a name that no one really owns and they have no trademarks or anything else (not that I know of atleast, But that is why I said "if they own the name then I can see how that is a problem"). So they really do not need to ask for permission.

And the birthday song and Jesus are both analogies. Which makes it relevant because I am putting 2 different topics side by side and putting the same circumstances in both scenarios.

1) A guy named his server frugooscape. So That Means He must ask someone else for permission who named there server frugooscape first? even though they do not own that name to begin with?

Now I am using an analogy to help further my case I am not using this example literally. It's just a scenario for the purpose of explaining and clarifying my case. which is kind of ridiculous for him to ask someone for permission even though the person he has to ask for permission has no authority to even give permission of a name they do not own to begin with.

Analogy: we won't use the birthday song or jesus anymore this can fit in with anything... If you do something first then someone wants to do the same thing right after you does he really have to ask you for permission? (remember you did not put any copy right or whatever legal stuff to make it so only you can do it) So does he really need to ask for permission? Answer is No. If you buy a Gatorade then I want a Gatorade I do not need to ask you permission to get a Gatorade. ( And I know we aren't talking literally about Gatorades it is just an analogy just making that clear againl.) No Need to get into the history of creators of the birthday song or Jesus. Just analogies.

But you were talking about the source

You To Him:

"This is nearly 100% different. You can actually get into contact with the person that made the source <----
    with a little digging around.

The happy birthday song was invented before the internet existed... There was no where near as many advancements then as there are now. <-----just an analogy we are not literally talking about when the birthday song was invented.

Unless this person dropped all contact with the internet completely, I don't see how you can't find them. You just haven't tried."

And I said (if you believe in Jesus).
    I know kinda low bringing dictionary.com into this but just making my point.

History: "the branch of knowledge dealing with past events."

If you believe that jesus is real and that he made the whole damn earth and created life then I find that history.

But if you do not believe in him then yes he would just be a religious icon.

But that is why I put in parenthesis (if you believe in Jesus)

But yet again It is just an Analogy.

He does not need to ask for permission to name "his" server frugooscape. 

But all of this is meaningless because all I said first was that everyone should calm down a bit. It is just a name.

And before sk8r you said "Imagine if you made one of the most popular servers out there, and then released it, only to find out 3 years later that some random person is using the name "because they liked it". They're making money, off your name. And off the reputation you built with your server.
    Would that not piss you off even the slightest? Because that would irritate me."

1) do you really think he is going to get a player base and make money off of it? (your server you are creating is 100X better then his I follow your skarred lands project looks legit but you might not make a single dollar off it or even get a player base and yours is way better! There is no way his will go any farther then yours ever will.

If I made a beast server years ago and someone tried to resurrect it, I would NOT care because there is a reason it is offline. either I got sued by jagex so I am staying on the down low (and this guy will get sued to because if jagex did sue frugooscape then I am sure they are still keeping an eye out to see if he puts it back online. So they will see this server and just instantly shut it down again so it is not going to be popular or have any money made off it.)  OR I stopped because I don't care about private servers anymore so I don't care about some noob putting a failed version of it online. Because they do not deal with rsps's anymore.

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.