Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • SOUPSOUP: just get a vpn
      August 13, 2018, 06:44:28 PM
    • jme: _^_ will answer all of your javascript questions
      August 12, 2018, 07:11:00 PM
    • doomsale: and where is boxman?
      August 10, 2018, 03:16:59 AM
    • doomsale: Where can i play the Moparscape MMORPG with the Metallica instrumentals?
      August 10, 2018, 03:16:47 AM
    • doomsale: no longer clicking on doors and dummies at east bank
      August 10, 2018, 03:16:07 AM
    • doomsale: were all grown up now huh?
      August 10, 2018, 03:15:58 AM
    • _^_: hey everyone look at my graphs [link]
      August 06, 2018, 01:52:16 PM
    • braedyn: Someone pl0x help me out with PI Lottery!!
      August 03, 2018, 02:12:25 AM
    • Travas: p3n1s
      July 26, 2018, 09:46:33 PM
    • Krackkid: You up :eggplant:
      July 23, 2018, 06:18:17 PM
    • DeathsChaos9: no
      July 23, 2018, 03:53:31 PM
    • Emulous: Come check out Emulous: [link]
      July 22, 2018, 03:37:19 PM
    • Emulous:[link]
      July 22, 2018, 03:37:00 PM
    • Travas: ur mom
      July 21, 2018, 06:04:50 PM
    • YNRDAB: Watcha big ballers up too?
      July 20, 2018, 11:01:06 AM
    • dark250: i need help for coding client
      July 19, 2018, 08:27:37 AM
    • Travas: yes
      July 14, 2018, 02:19:44 PM
    • drubrkletern: lmao racist and sexist much?
      July 14, 2018, 01:11:52 PM
    • Cole1497: yeah i got you lil boat give me a second
      July 13, 2018, 03:19:35 AM
    • B0ATY.: yo can anyone unban my ip, i got banned for saying i hope someone gets aids :p
      July 12, 2018, 09:16:00 PM

Author Topic: Guilds of Veldahar - Guild Enlistment - Economic Server - Highscores  (Read 2760 times)

OfflineVeldahar

• View Profile

[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 10:28:53 AM by Veldahar »
    Runescape Gambling

Offlineartem543

• View Profile
    Bumpy!
    Runescape Gambling

OfflineVeldahar

• View Profile
    We're online 24-7, come give us a try I promise you won't leave without a smile on your face. We have a great community, a great staff team and last but not least, updates every few days. We have a strong economy so don't expect to be able to donate for points or items, we strive off of our ingame marketing.

I recently finished working on the fullscreen loading/login/game screens.

Runescape Gambling

OfflineTimeRS3

• View Profile
    thats a really cool idea I think ill be coming on to take a look  ;)

OfflineVeldahar

• View Profile
    thats a really cool idea I think ill be coming on to take a look  ;)

Thanks, i'm glad to hear you're liking the work. Could you tell me what you though of the game? What could be improved from a new players standpoint? We're going strong at 20 players right now and i'm hoping you're one of them.

Offlinereality-divine

• View Profile
    Bump, great server.

OfflineVeldahar

• View Profile
      Thanks Reality, I hope to see you online. In other news, I have been working on rejuvinating the wilderness a bit. Here is a post from the forums that was created today regarding the changes and updates made today.

• The prices of ore minerals have been reduced drastically when sold to stores so that players are less likely to sell ores to the shop, rather than other players.
      • If you are a supporter and choose to change your icon to that of a veteran, guild member or staff your supporter features are still available.
      • There is now a 5 seconds attack delay for players when logging in.
      • There is now a 5 second walk delay for players when logging in. This is to prevent being able to walk through clipped objects as there region loads.
      • A new skilling location has been added to the wilderness and goes by the alias 'Wilderness Resource Area'. This area is accessible in 52 wilderness and can be teleported to by talking to the player killing wizard. This area is a 12x15 fenced in location that gives skillers an experience boost in the skill they're training. This area is also home to a few other features that will be discussed about.
      • Infamous supporters do not have to pay the 100,000 coin entrance fee to enter the resource area. However, everyone else does. Leaving does not cost any money however if you do leave, you will need to pay the fee again.
      • Infamous supporters do not have to pay the 10,000 coin deposit box fee when depositing items. However, everyone else does. This box requires you to be in the area for at least 2 minutes before operating and requires you not to be in combat.
      • There is a 'magic chest' in the area which when thieved from gives the player resources in 3 types of skills. The chest contains woodcutting, fishing, farming, crafting and some other supplies as well. This chest requires 90 thieving and at least 2 minutes in the resource area to steal from. There is a 5% chance of failing. Every 5 minutes up until 1 hour your chance of getting better loot from the chest increases. When the 2 hour mark hits, all of your efforts have been drained and you start over giving you 1 hour of the best possible loot obtainable from the chest. I worked it out and averaged no more than 1m an hour when selling the best loot obtained from the chest, to the general store.
      • The following have been added to the wilderness resource area
        • 3 magic trees
        • 5 runite rocks
        • 3 adamantite rocks
        • 2 mithril
        • 3 coal
        • 2 iron
        • 1 gem rock
        • 2 farming patches

• There is a 'Greater magic circle' object that is in the wilderness resource area. Whilst standing in this 2x2 tile object, no runes are required for any spells. If you stand in this area whilst in combat this means that you will lose no runes as they are not required. This is a great place for alching as well as super heating.
      • Whilst standing in the wilderness resource area, all experience aside from combat is multiplied by 1.4. This does not stack with the experience lamps, or with 1.25x experience weekend.

OfflineImDratini

• First Time Poster
      • View Profile
    Best server I've ever played.

~Pokemon

OfflineVeldahar

• View Profile
    Achievements / Client 2.5

Hello Veldaharian,

I know I haven't been online very much for the past couple days so for that Im sorry. The reason I haven't been online much is because I had been spending a lot of time working on the new Achievements system. This system wouldn't work as well, or operate as well without the help of JULES[/URL]. Much like all of the previous graphical updates to the client, Jules designed the Achievements interface. Along with the achievements system, I have fixed a few things with the client which will be mentioned.

Client 2.5 Standard Edition
    • Pre login goblin interface has been repositioned
    • Sprite transparency for advanced images has been added
    • World map icon replaced with a new icon that when pressed opens the achievement interface
    • Achievement interface added
    • A few performance tweaks like removing unused interfaces reducing overall memory usage.

Achievements
    Achievements are small, medium or even large tasks that can be completed by all players. There are three (3) tiers of achievements. Each tier has support for 100 achievements (more can be added if needed).
    • Tier 1 - Very simple, easy tasks. Usually rewards 1-2 points.
    • Tier 2 - Fairly difficult, long tasks. Usually rewards 2-4 points
    • Tier 3 - Difficult and long tasks. Usually rewards 3-6 points

Achievements range from opening the rules page, joining a guild, to killing monsters and getting kill streaks. Fortunately I have designed the system to work well in virtually any environment so there are no walls meaning endless achievements. I have only added 39 achievements mainly because it takes quite some time to do this, but I also want your feedback on what you believe should be achievements.

Completionist Cape
    If you have completed all 39 achievements you can talk to the Wise old man in edgeville and ask him for a completionist cape. Unfortunately at this time this does not include a completionist hood. This cape does cost 1m coins, and requires you to have 1 empty slot when buying. If you log in after more achievements have been added the cape will be removed and added to your bank and will be unwearable until you finish the new achievements.

Achievement Points
    At the time of this post, there is currently no use for achievement points. I have not implemented a use for them at this time because I am still unsure what they will be used for. Fortunately, this is where your say comes in. I would like to know in this thread what you believe achievement points should be used for. Please, leave a reply.

OfflineN_A

• View Profile
    Wow, really cool looking achievements interface. Good luck!
    #skyrealm on irc.rizon.net
    #moparscape on irc.moparisthebest.org

OfflineVeldahar

• View Profile
    Wow, really cool looking achievements interface. Good luck!

Hey, thanks a lot man, I truly appreciate the comment from a respected member of the community.

In other news....

A few more updates have come to the achievements system. 42 new achievements have been added to the tier 2 section. The majority of new achievements are PVM related, and the rest are skilling related, mainly fishing, cooking, and mining. Some of these include;

• Kill 475 druids
    • Kill 500 yaks
    • Kill 400 turoth
    • Kill 500 jelly
    • Kill 400 penisroach soldiers
    • Kill 325 Abyssal demon
    • Kill 150 Steel dragons
    • Kill 1000 Mature dragons
    • Kill 750 Baby dragons
    • Kill 5000 npcs
    • Kill 7500 npcs
    • Cook 1200 shark
    • Cook 750 rocktail
    • Cook 3000 pieces of food
    • Mine 1000 adamantite ore
    • Mine 500 runeore
    • Mine 4000 ore from rocks
    • Use 1000 bones on an altar or bury them

These achievements supply between 2 and 4 points usually depending on the length and or the requirement of the achievement. When a player finishes an achievement it is yelled across the server to everyone.
    « Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 01:02:25 PM by Veldahar »

Offlinesamthaboss

• View Profile
    Bump for this awesome server!

OfflineVeldahar

• View Profile
    Bump for this awesome server!

Thanks sam ^^, glad to have you on the team.

Behind the Scenes - Ingame Item Marketing

Hello Veldaharian,

A new feature will be coming to Guilds of Veldahar in the following week. I have decided to call this feature the Market Center as I believe that within due time, it will become the center of item trading between players within the game. In the following paragraph I will describe what exactly the Market Center is and how players can operate it. Please be aware that this feature is still under development and some features may be changed during the process.

What is the Market Center?
    The market center can be described as a way for players to trade items amongst one another. The Market Center has a location where players can meet up and trade, the area has yet to be decided. The Market Center also has an interface that is functional, it has not been decided how this interface will be accessible.

How does the Market Center work?
    Players access the interface and use a search field to find an item that either they want to buy, or sell. After searching, a list will come up if offers to buy or sell have been made within a time period. The list will show the names of the buyer or seller, the cost of the item, and the amount. Icons will display whether or not the trade is still available, and if the player is online, or offline and as well as the date that the entry was made. If they choose to make an entry, the player can submit the price of the item they are looking to buy or sell, and the amount. They then submit the entry as a buy or sell request. The system is not automatic, it is not like the grand exchange. Players will have to meetup in the market location to finalize the trade.

Market Center Graph
    Although this is still a concept, I am hoping to have a fully functional graph to display the price of the item being searched over the course of the last 7 days. This graph may very well not be used to determine the exact price of the item, rather it is just a guideline. There will be various measures taken to ensure that the graph is not cheated.

Final Version

OfflineRevamp dis Shit

• View Profile
    GF to the mod having to approve this :|

Looks good and all..not bad..but I just can't say how I really feel.. it'll just POP your BALLOON and rain shit all over you.
    On that note, you could really start doing some server-sided work..
    Yes, you've shown you're decent with the client, as well as some web development..but all the while showing us how weak you really are when doing server-sided work. Toughen it up a bit?
    FvCK the staff member who made it so I can't even post..guess a shitload of mopar users won't get any quality answers in 'Server Help' anymore..nor any other section.. Pricks.

OfflineRadiance

• View Profile
    The interfaces are amazing. The graphics are amazing. Great job! A+

OfflineVeldahar

• View Profile
    GF to the mod having to approve this :|

Looks good and all..not bad..but I just can't say how I really feel.. it'll just POP your BALLOON and rain shit all over you.
    On that note, you could really start doing some server-sided work..
    Yes, you've shown you're decent with the client, as well as some web development..but all the while showing us how weak you really are when doing server-sided work. Toughen it up a bit?

Feel free to voice your opinion, I enjoy constructive criticism. Generally everything that requires a graphical user interface in regards to private servers, also requires some server sided work. Bank tabs, Achievements, Resource Pouch, Minigames, and much more have all required a lot of server work. There are many that would vouch that I am not 'weak' at programming.

@Radiance
    Thanks Radiance, I and my graphics designer both appreciate the awknowledgement.

OfflineDevilXsummoner

• View Profile
    I was on this server it was amazing! But I don't like low rev's. If he made a higher one I will be on it :).

Offlinesk8rdude461

• MOPARSCAPE WAS HACKED
      • View Profile
    I've seen Jason's work in the past. It's excellent. Doubt I'll play, just because I don't usually play many servers.
    But good luck on this.

Offlinesamthaboss

• View Profile
    Bump for GoV, we had a steady 18+ players online yesterday. lets see if we can break it today.

OfflineGov Cristik

• First Time Poster
      • View Profile
    Bump for Veldahar one of the best servers around, can't go wrong choosing to play here.

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.