Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • OracleScape: Bump my server and play [link]
      Today at 06:08:29 PM
    • OracleScape: BUMP my thread please [link]
      Today at 06:08:00 PM
    • stCky: idk man im just a chat bot
      August 22, 2017, 11:14:52 PM
    • symantec: is this forum
      August 22, 2017, 09:02:56 PM
    • symantec: what the fudge
      August 22, 2017, 09:02:52 PM
    • symantec: I just joined to download datmaker, the links are broken and a user named i nelson i has a fudgeing weird signature
      August 22, 2017, 08:59:33 PM
    • stCky: ur so cool and edgy
      August 22, 2017, 04:15:50 PM
    • Deathspirit: anyways, i'm un ip banned now.. but don't even want to be that at this point lmfao
      August 22, 2017, 01:58:14 PM
    • Deathspirit: now it's some sell out half leeched server :')
      August 22, 2017, 01:57:53 PM
    • Deathspirit: gf moparscape, was the best rsps community i've been on since 2006
      August 22, 2017, 01:57:31 PM
    • stCky: yeah, nah. it's cooked. [link] might help u with a backup or something idk man im just a chat bot
      August 22, 2017, 12:13:25 AM
    • flew420: I sure hope someone has a copy of the forum before it was recked
      August 21, 2017, 11:40:52 PM
    • flew420: O wow i see now, just read thru all the news articles. :(  i've been out of the game for a couple years so coming back to this shit is sad.
      August 21, 2017, 11:39:46 PM
    • flew420: Huh?
      August 21, 2017, 10:49:51 PM
    • stCky: got bought by a russian dude, he put a shitty rsps on it for donations, now no one cares
      August 21, 2017, 10:48:30 PM
    • flew420: I came on for some nostalgic reading in old classic development, and it only goes back to 2014 wtf.
      August 21, 2017, 10:43:09 PM
    • flew420: what happened to this site??
      August 21, 2017, 10:42:36 PM
    • Sean56:[link]
      August 21, 2017, 05:33:45 PM
    • kb010: how can i play? i downloaded the client and it doesnt open.
      August 21, 2017, 10:52:56 AM
    • wodkode: shut it down or fix it
      August 20, 2017, 10:11:28 PM

Author Topic: RuneTopia | Advanced RuneScape 2006 Remake  (Read 2595 times)

Offlinerunetopia

• View Profile
    RuneTopia | Advanced RuneScape 2006 Remake
    « on: August 16, 2015, 09:52:11 PM »

The Most Advanced 2006 Remake

Reserve your username now by creating a free account at: http://runetopia.com

Note: Our website is currently being worked on.

RuneTopia has been in development for a few months now, and we have already put the time in to get all the skills to work, including quests & minigames. Unlike other remakes, our team is mature and professional at tackling with updates, and helping out the community. You can view our features below.

We won't be basing our 2006 remake on only just the first 6 months of RS06, but we want to take it further, and make it so you can have the true feeling of the whole year.

We will be having an iron man mode too

Working Skills (In any order):

Agility (All Courses)
    Attack
    Defence
    Strength
    Magic
    Ranged
    Hitpoints
    Mining

Hunter
    Construction

Runecrafting
    Prayer
    Fletching
    Thieving
    Firemaking
    Mining
    Herblore
    Slayer
    Fishing
    Smithing
    Crafting

Farming

Quests (20 Added):
    Cooks Assistant
    Demon Slayer

Dwarf Cannon (With Cannon) - 90% Complete
    Dorics Quest
    Druidic Ritual
    Ernest The Chicken
    Gertrudes Cat
    Goblin Diplomacy
    Imp Catcher
    Knights Sword
    Lost City
    Pirates Treasure
    Priest in Peril
    Restless Ghost
    Romeo and Juliet
    Rune Mysteries
    Sheep Shearer
    Vampyre Slayer
    Waterfall Quest
    Witch's Potion

Client Toggles

MEDIA
    (click to show/hide)

Official BETA Release Date: 20/08/2015 - YOUR ACCOUNTS WILL NOT RESET!

Offlinekaxman

• View Profile
    Re: RuneTopia | Advanced RuneScape 2006 Remake
    « Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 03:58:24 AM »
    Played alot of remakes, alot of them have hard time getting things going and fall apart before they start, this one looks like they've got their act together, forums are active, most content already up and ready for Aug. 20 start.  Owner seems mature and solid, might be the one that makes it while... :cool:
    « Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 04:37:32 AM by kaxman »

Offlinehollynye

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 03:53:00 PM »
    hey this is going to be a great game cant wait until its out already 34 members and 202 posts already and its not out for 2 days out and up to 16 at one time this is going to be totally amazing

OfflineSoulcist

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 04:02:07 PM »
    Looks fine and all but there have been a lot of remakes and I believe some big names are still online. I don't see what would make this remain online because there aren't THAT many people that want to continue to play this, especially because of OSRS being online and all (regardless if this is for the 2006 era). I wish for the best of luck nonetheless.

Offlinerunetopia

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 07:39:02 PM »
    Looks fine and all but there have been a lot of remakes and I believe some big names are still online. I don't see what would make this remain online because there aren't THAT many people that want to continue to play this, especially because of OSRS being online and all (regardless if this is for the 2006 era). I wish for the best of luck nonetheless.
    There are still people that are unfortunate that don't have money to buy the real rs membership, on this everything is free including there will be NO pay to win benefits also there are actually no big names out there, RuneRebels was big but theres no updates, and most of all no players. Thanks for the luck :)
    « Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 08:31:47 PM by runetopia »

OfflineRuneAgent

• wololo
      • View Profile
      • MITB FORUMS
    « Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 12:06:50 PM »
    good news! I will be providing a download for rune-agent preconfigured to work on this server when its released since apparently I can't play on it :)

also if anyone wants to provide me an account for this server I will find any potential dupe, dupe a bunch of items quietly and allow them to keep the account with the duped items. PM if interested.
    « Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 12:17:33 PM by Miss Silabsoft »

OfflineShadowRSPS

• First Time Poster
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 12:40:53 PM »
    ^

I don't log in much here... but I think this is one of the few people you do not want to challenge...

Good Luck Runetopia
    « Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 12:42:41 PM by ShadowRSPS »

Offlinerunetopia

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 12:57:32 PM »
    good news! I will be providing a download for rune-agent preconfigured to work on this server when its released since apparently I can't play on it :)

also if anyone wants to provide me an account for this server I will find any potential dupe, dupe a bunch of items quietly and allow them to keep the account with the duped items. PM if interested.

You are just showing the community how unprofesional you are, you accepted to the rules before joining, bug abusing isn't allowed. If you don't like the rules, please leave as stated.

OfflineRuneAgent

• wololo
      • View Profile
      • MITB FORUMS
    « Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 01:21:06 PM »
    considering the server isn't even open it was just the name of my character. Maybe I wanted to play legitimately with that name. However I assure you bug abusing will be taking place just for the preban :) generally I'm pretty good and just abuse a few things and let the staff and administrators know about it so they can fix it. For your server I will make an exception and be one of those other bug abusers that do it to destroy economies/gain massive unfair advantages. However this is a programming community so of course I will share the instructions with everyone here on this thread.
    « Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 01:25:00 PM by Miss Silabsoft »

Offlinezuppers

• *autistic screeching*
    • Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: August 19, 2015, 01:42:53 PM »

LOL
    REEEEEEEEE

Offlinekaxman

• View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 01:59:57 PM »
    see mopar staff getting on players for format and crap, the this guy gets on here acting a fool, and throwing threats around to a new server, how un kewl, is that,...
    been active on forum here, and watching server develope and head for release, Jake (owner), is low keyed, active, and goes extra mile to help, and listens to the community ...If anyones got issues with him, and our is game, it's on them...
    don't be a hater...Players come see what everyone is a buzz about! :cool:

Offlinerunetopia

• View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: August 19, 2015, 02:31:16 PM »
    No wonder Mopar is dying.

OfflineNiglett

• View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: August 19, 2015, 03:03:49 PM »
    Couple of things from an observer here...

1. Not sure it was "professional" to ban someone based on their name alone, making the assumption that bug abuse was going to occur without any actual evidence or suggestion should make any player wonder why they'd bother joining...

2. Resorting to ad hominem attacks because of your incompetence as a server owner is a big red flag to anyone wanting to play (server owner cannot handle criticisms and clearly does not address issues appropriately) for anyone wanting to play.

3. I as well as others will likely be rooting for Silabsoft in this case, she did nothing wrong to deserve that ban. I'd have to say its quite naive to assume your players are going to follow rules without trying to break things, especially in this community. Naturally, once the bugs are abused and shown without any fixes it will only prove that you were never really fit to run a private server.

Oh well...

OfflineKetzer

• First Time Poster
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: August 19, 2015, 03:42:23 PM »

1. Not sure it was "professional" to ban someone based on their name alone, making the assumption that bug abuse was going to occur without any actual evidence or suggestion should make any player wonder why they'd bother joining...

2. Resorting to ad hominem attacks because of your incompetence as a server owner is a big red flag to anyone wanting to play (server owner cannot handle criticisms and clearly does not address issues appropriately) for anyone wanting to play.

3. I as well as others will likely be rooting for Silabsoft in this case, she did nothing wrong to deserve that ban. I'd have to say its quite naive to assume your players are going to follow rules without trying to break things, especially in this community. Naturally, once the bugs are abused and shown without any fixes it will only prove that you were never really fit to run a private server.

Oh well...

To be fair, both Miss Silabsoft as well as RuneTopia are acting rather childish. I would say Miss Silabsoft more so seeing as she is the one who instigated the entire thing by reacting to what I see as a legitimate ban, seeing as she just admitted to intending bug abuse, with threats of ruining the server and the enjoyment of potentially hundreds of people. Additionally, Miss Silabsoft's attempt to put herself forward as being innocent immediately after making these threats only further makes her seem both shallow and immature.

I can't say that either party is fully within the right, but RuneTopia definitely stands on better ground here, as he simply made childish remarks, whereas Miss Silabsoft has made childish remarks, threats of malicious action, and has falsely claimed that this malicious action is actually in the spirit of benevolence.

OfflineChassy13

• R.I.P. Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: August 19, 2015, 04:27:46 PM »
    You had no reason to preban Silab's username except that you could not fix, or even make an attempt to fix, the exploits you clearly know exist. If you had at least attempted to fix these exploits, you'd likely be thanking her (it's a BETA afterall?).

She can, and will, ruin your server's economy through these exploits, even though she knows it's wrong and against her own program's purpose. If you had at least made an attempt to fix the exploits ahead of time and were lucky enough to avoid the menstrual cycle at the same time, she might not have decided to act like she did.

I don't support the use of RuneAgent to ruin a server and its playerbase. I don't understand how it is constructive to destroy a server because it contains exploits. Yes we should be building more secure and stable private servers, but there is no reason a private server project that is not running for the strict goal of money deserves to be destroyed for not having competent developers for that small of a playerbase. The developers SHOULD try and fix these exploits with effort, but if they cannot and receive no help in doing so then they should not be PUNISHED. In this case, you were aware of the exploits and took steps to prevent specific members from getting to them. You did not make an attempt. So, you are punished.

tl;dr she will get to you one way or another, attempt to fix your exploits and maybe she will help you in the long run
    « Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 04:30:05 PM by Chassy13 »
    I'm far more mature than to steal a notebook

Offlinerunetopia

• View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: August 19, 2015, 04:31:09 PM »
    You had no reason to preban Silab's username except that you could not fix, or even make an attempt to fix, the exploits you clearly know exist. If you had at least attempted to fix these exploits, you'd likely be thanking her (it's a BETA afterall?).

She can, and will, ruin your server's economy through these exploits, even though she knows it's wrong and against her own program's purpose. If you had at least made an attempt to fix the exploits ahead of time and were lucky enough to avoid the menstrual cycle at the same time, she might not have decided to act like she did.

I don't support the use of RuneAgent to ruin a server and its playerbase. I don't understand how it is constructive to destroy a server because it contains exploits. Yes we should be building more secure and stable private servers, but there is no reason a private server project that is not running for the strict goal of money deserves to be destroyed for not having competent developers for that small of a playerbase. The developers SHOULD try and fix these exploits with effort, but if they cannot and receive no help in doing so then they should not be PUNISHED. In this case, you were aware of the exploits and took steps to prevent specific members from getting to them. You did not make an attempt. So, you are punished.

tl;dr she will get to you one way or another, attempt to fix your exploits and maybe she will help you in the long run

:palm:

OfflineChassy13

• R.I.P. Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: August 19, 2015, 04:36:00 PM »
    :palm:

Judging by your response and the time between my post and yours, you went to the tl;dr and took nothing from it.

Good luck, then.
    I'm far more mature than to steal a notebook

OfflineNiglett

• View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: August 19, 2015, 05:55:54 PM »

Oh well...

To be fair, both Miss Silabsoft as well as RuneTopia are acting rather childish. I would say Miss Silabsoft more so seeing as she is the one who instigated the entire thing by reacting to what I see as a legitimate ban, seeing as she just admitted to intending bug abuse, with threats of ruining the server and the enjoyment of potentially hundreds of people. Additionally, Miss Silabsoft's attempt to put herself forward as being innocent immediately after making these threats only further makes her seem both shallow and immature.

I can't say that either party is fully within the right, but RuneTopia definitely stands on better ground here, as he simply made childish remarks, whereas Miss Silabsoft has made childish remarks, threats of malicious action, and has falsely claimed that this malicious action is actually in the spirit of benevolence.

Hmm, not sure I agree it was a legitimate ban... there is nothing otherwise suggesting that she did anything other than signing up. Let's look at whats been presented:

Regarding Silabsoft's malicious intentions
    Quote from: Miss Silabsoft
    considering the server isn't even open it was just the name of my character. Maybe I wanted to play legitimately with that name

This gives us no indication on her original intent and whether or not it was malicious in nature, so anything suggesting it was more than that is merely speculation at best.

On the other hand RuneTopia seems to only post that Silabsoft had somehow already violated the rules without any actual evidence at to what bugs were exploited if any...:

Quote from: RuneTopia
    You are just showing the community how unprofesional you are, you accepted to the rules before joining, bug abusing isn't allowed. If you don't like the rules, please leave as stated

Unless otherwise proven, I cannot see how the ban was justified. I want to also point out, it is the server operator's responsibility to cover and prevent any types of attacks regardless of their intention, it is after all a cheating community so I don't feel sorry for them as other servers have had to endure the same.

Quote from: You said

Fair enough, however let's look at this from different point of view. You could say Silabsoft is doing them a favor even if it's out of spite; if they're smart they could of easily spun the situation in their favor by correcting vulnerabilities that would cost them much more down the road, as it is still in a "beta" phase. It's all strategic on how these types of situations are handled, they (the server owners) could have been the "bigger man" here and show that these types of attacks can be handled gracefully. What did they do instead? They decided it would be better to further aggravate the supposed "threat" to falsely show they are in control.

Anyway, I just want you to understand I'm on neither party's side, I don't agree with how either party approached this situation frankly, but in all reality Silabsoft will do what she wants, whether its right or not is not really our justification to make.

Offlinekaxman

• View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: August 19, 2015, 06:01:52 PM »
    Come at someone with possible issues and sound solutions, is helpful.
    Checking out areas players may know for problems, not abusing them, and reporting them, is helpful.
    New server trying to get going and someone telling the world they going to get um, is not helpful...
    Don't be a problem, be a solution,   

My question is would the player in question even want to play on a low rate , community based, eco anyway

OfflineScape-JAVA

• HEy girls
      • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: August 19, 2015, 07:16:52 PM »
    i see you've recently developed a report abuse system that sends the text entered to a notepad. gj.

How was her ban even remotely justified? Because she simply selected a commonly used private server name?

but RuneTopia definitely stands on better ground here

The only ground runetopia stands on is a mound of shit, moron.
    « Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 07:20:46 PM by Scape-JAVA »

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.