Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • hexedss1: Anyone would like to help on client side got a variable declartion Error
      Today at 09:06:30 PM
    • SOUPSOUP: just get a vpn
      August 13, 2018, 06:44:28 PM
    • jme: _^_ will answer all of your javascript questions
      August 12, 2018, 07:11:00 PM
    • doomsale: and where is boxman?
      August 10, 2018, 03:16:59 AM
    • doomsale: Where can i play the Moparscape MMORPG with the Metallica instrumentals?
      August 10, 2018, 03:16:47 AM
    • doomsale: no longer clicking on doors and dummies at east bank
      August 10, 2018, 03:16:07 AM
    • doomsale: were all grown up now huh?
      August 10, 2018, 03:15:58 AM
    • _^_: hey everyone look at my graphs [link]
      August 06, 2018, 01:52:16 PM
    • braedyn: Someone pl0x help me out with PI Lottery!!
      August 03, 2018, 02:12:25 AM
    • Travas: p3n1s
      July 26, 2018, 09:46:33 PM
    • Krackkid: You up :eggplant:
      July 23, 2018, 06:18:17 PM
    • DeathsChaos9: no
      July 23, 2018, 03:53:31 PM
    • Emulous: Come check out Emulous: [link]
      July 22, 2018, 03:37:19 PM
    • Emulous:[link]
      July 22, 2018, 03:37:00 PM
    • Travas: ur mom
      July 21, 2018, 06:04:50 PM
    • YNRDAB: Watcha big ballers up too?
      July 20, 2018, 11:01:06 AM
    • dark250: i need help for coding client
      July 19, 2018, 08:27:37 AM
    • Travas: yes
      July 14, 2018, 02:19:44 PM
    • drubrkletern: lmao racist and sexist much?
      July 14, 2018, 01:11:52 PM
    • Cole1497: yeah i got you lil boat give me a second
      July 13, 2018, 03:19:35 AM

Author Topic: RuneTopia | Advanced RuneScape 2006 Remake  (Read 3407 times)

Offlinerunetopia

• View Profile
    Re: RuneTopia | Advanced RuneScape 2006 Remake
    « Reply #20 on: August 19, 2015, 07:33:21 PM »
    i see you've recently developed a report abuse system that sends the text entered to a notepad. gj.

To be fair, both Miss Silabsoft as well as RuneTopia are acting rather childish. I would say Miss Silabsoft more so seeing as she is the one who instigated the entire thing by reacting to what I see as a legitimate ban, seeing as she just admitted to intending bug abuse, with threats of ruining the server and the enjoyment of potentially hundreds of people. Additionally, Miss Silabsoft's attempt to put herself forward as being innocent immediately after making these threats only further makes her seem both shallow and immature.

I can't say that either party is fully within the right, but RuneTopia definitely stands on better ground here, as he simply made childish remarks, whereas Miss Silabsoft has made childish remarks, threats of malicious action, and has falsely claimed that this malicious action is actually in the spirit of benevolence.

How was her ban even remotely justified? Because she simply selected a commonly used private server name?

but RuneTopia definitely stands on better ground here

The only ground runetopia stands on is a mound of shit, moron.

"stands on is a mound of shit" - haters are going to hate
    Runescape Gambling

OfflineRuneAgent

• wololo
      • View Profile
      • MITB FORUMS
    « Reply #21 on: August 20, 2015, 02:49:39 AM »
    With the release of runetopia as promised I have created a download for runeagent with the configuration already created

https://cryptospout.com/runeagent/runetopia.zip

If you are still using Java 7 or lower you will want to comment load('nashorn:mozilla_compat.js'); in the configuration file.

If you find exploits be sure to post them here so others can learn about common server vulnerabilities.
    Runescape Gambling

OfflineScape-JAVA

• HEy girls
      • View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: August 20, 2015, 12:37:29 PM »
    With the release of runetopia as promised I have created a download for runeagent with the configuration already created

https://cryptospout.com/runeagent/runetopia.zip

If you are still using Java 7 or lower you will want to comment load('nashorn:mozilla_compat.js'); in the configuration file.

If you find exploits be sure to post them here so others can learn about common server vulnerabilities.

thanks!
    Runescape Gambling

OfflineKetzer

• First Time Poster
      • View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: August 20, 2015, 12:45:25 PM »
    Hmm, not sure I agree it was a legitimate ban...
    RuneTopia banned an individual with a history of repeat bug abuse when they registered an account on his server under the name "bug abuse" who later admitted to intending bug abuse after they agreed to not perpetrate any bug abuse. Where is the discrepancy here? It was never stated that the individual in question ever had to actually carry out their plans to infringe upon the rules, and as it is his server, it is fully within RuneTopia's jurisdiction to decide what justifies penalty.

Regarding Silabsoft's malicious intentions
    I was referring to Miss Silabsoft's offer to "find any potential dupe, dupe a bunch of items quietly and allow them to keep the account with the duped items" and her statement of "For your server I will make an exception and be one of those other bug abusers that do it to destroy economies/gain massive unfair advantages."

Fair enough, however let's look at this from different point of view. You could say Silabsoft is doing them a favor even if it's out of spite; if they're smart they could of easily spun the situation in their favor by correcting vulnerabilities that would cost them much more down the road, as it is still in a "beta" phase. It's all strategic on how these types of situations are handled, they (the server owners) could have been the "bigger man" here and show that these types of attacks can be handled gracefully. What did they do instead? They decided it would be better to further aggravate the supposed "threat" to falsely show they are in control.
    There should be no reason for a person to have to deal with an individual who holds the title of "ex-staff" as if they are acting out of spite. We should expect better from an average member of the community, and much more from those who should be role models. If Miss Silabsoft had in reality merely wanted to help the server, she would have contacted RuneTopia individually and proposed her idea, and if he accepted, proceeded to discretely find any issues and collaborate with RuneTopia to rectify them. She could have even published what had been done afterward without issue, provided that any problems reported on had been fixed. Instead, she accepted a contract requiring her to not perpetrate bug abuse with, as she has admitted, full intentions to violate the terms of her agreement. You cannot deny that Miss Silabsoft has acted completely unprofessionally here, and while some good might have come of it, that good was not in her primary intentions.

Anyway, I just want you to understand I'm on neither party's side
    3. I as well as others will likely be rooting for Silabsoft in this case
    What?
    « Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 12:48:02 PM by Ketzer »

OfflineDavidi2

• View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: August 20, 2015, 06:04:20 PM »
    We don't enforce specific servers rules on the forums, and there is nothing in the rules here that says people can't abuse bugs on servers they find. Feel free to ban people on your own site/game that break your rules, but I suggest you just fix the problems rather than complaining here.

OfflineWelliton_inc

• View Profile
    « Reply #25 on: August 20, 2015, 06:55:15 PM »
    I don't give a crap about the other junk posted on this thread. Is this server basically a OS remake? If so what makes you think people will play this over OSRS which is F2P?
    Quote from: sk8rdude461
    It's not unique. You wanna know why there's no server out there like it?
    That Logic doe....

Offlinerunetopia

• View Profile
    « Reply #26 on: August 20, 2015, 07:34:52 PM »
    We don't enforce specific servers rules on the forums, and there is nothing in the rules here that says people can't abuse bugs on servers they find. Feel free to ban people on your own site/game that break your rules, but I suggest you just fix the problems rather than complaining here.

Yet you delete threads for people selling staff positions lmao.

Edit: I'm not complaining about anything.
    « Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 07:38:14 PM by runetopia »

OfflineDavidi2

• View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: August 20, 2015, 08:29:15 PM »

Yet you delete threads for people selling staff positions lmao.

Edit: I'm not complaining about anything.
    Selling staff positions is a site rule, bug abuse is not.

Offlinekaxman

• View Profile
    « Reply #28 on: August 21, 2015, 12:29:16 AM »
    still don't get all the want to max in 1 day guys, sit in town and look pretty, jump from server to server,  showing so much hate for a remake, that's doing well,
    have tryed out so many servers I can't count them all, most of them have same group begging for same things, get them, max out fast and leave, server dies...
    then there's a solid group of true oldschool players who like the grind, like a challange, not that one or the other is better, but there are 1,000 of yalls, and very few remakes worth a crap...so
    community is thriving, forums are active, and steady mid population, so
    give it a try, ya might remember why you started playing the game...and find some sharp players who will kick with ya, all are welcome...peace :cool:
    « Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 04:34:51 AM by kaxman »

OfflineRuneAgent

• wololo
      • View Profile
      • MITB FORUMS
    « Reply #29 on: August 21, 2015, 08:58:17 AM »

whoops

i'm now the lead content developer

stream.p1isaac(132) //click an object
    stream.isp2(3233) //x coord
    stream.p2(1278) //object id
    stream.sp2(3210 //y coord
    « Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 10:30:59 AM by Miss Silabsoft »

Offlineatno1

• View Profile
    « Reply #30 on: August 22, 2015, 11:15:36 AM »
    Havent eve played this crap and i can already tell that its a shit server lol. The majority no life wanting 5xp, retarded owner and mods that are virgins for life banning people instantly just for their own amusment. I knew this was a crap server when they advertised it , just another scam for idiots donation money before server is even created. Stupid website already shut down lmao. Dont come or play here guys lol, not that you can its already closed 1 day after release
    Come project2006 its not gay like here. We have 40xp mode
    « Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 11:22:33 AM by atno1 »
    New shitty rs remake
    Players: fix this bug, fix that bug

Developed bug-free rs remake
    Players: why not just play osrs?

Offlinekaxman

• View Profile
    « Reply #31 on: August 22, 2015, 04:14:21 PM »
    first isn't pay2win, no ones asked for donations, or given anything for them , just icon in game...
    link on home page ....
    secound isn't about which game is better, about 1,000 games of fast, pay2win///and no real remakes with active community....So yall got yours and want all the same,
    like I said most my friends love the fast...and enjoy the hell out of it, not hater
    just when one come out with more than 5 and under on it, this one has population from start, never been without 8 or more on from start....and forums are alive
    So just go play what ya like, let those who want this check it out, don't get the kill the remake crowd...
    anyway peace out , remember all about the love of the game... :cool:
    and Server hasn't been down for a sec... from start, have to wonder about previous post..
    If they shouting lies about that, and as they say , have not checked out whats the motive, especially with advertisement in post....???
    « Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 04:22:40 PM by kaxman »

Offlinezuppers

• *autistic screeching*
    • Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #32 on: August 23, 2015, 12:24:56 AM »
    REEEEEEEEE

OfflineRuneAgent

• wololo
      • View Profile
      • MITB FORUMS
    « Reply #33 on: August 23, 2015, 03:00:17 AM »
    I wasn't actually able to kill the bandos brothers when I spawned them are you able to actually loot the box after killing?

Offlinezuppers

• *autistic screeching*
    • Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #34 on: August 23, 2015, 03:27:20 AM »
    I wasn't actually able to kill the bandos brothers when I spawned them are you able to actually loot the box after killing?
    Yes.
    REEEEEEEEE

OfflineRuneAgent

• wololo
      • View Profile
      • MITB FORUMS
    « Reply #35 on: August 24, 2015, 12:48:49 AM »
    RIP runetopia, site redirects to another server this thread should be locked.

Offlinezuppers

• *autistic screeching*
    • Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #36 on: August 24, 2015, 12:57:48 AM »
    I sent OP a list of exploits I've found yesterday. OP if you're reading this and you put your server back up send me a pm and I'll unlock it.
    REEEEEEEEE

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.