RuneScape 2 Development > Server and Client Development Showoff

Official MoparScape Server - In Development

Pages: <<< (99/274) >>>

Davidi2:

--- Quote from: arham 4 on April 28, 2014, 04:36:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: Davidi2 on April 28, 2014, 02:04:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: RiiPiiNFtW on April 28, 2014, 01:53:53 PM ---Why don't you guys just use apollo or something of the sort? Its obvious Sinisoul likes to use Ruby and David can jaba, so obviously its a good source for this.

--- End quote ---
what we were using originally was similar to apollo for 500 revision, but there was discussion about buying a fully developed server or going back to Osiris. This has ground development to a halt until that discussion finishes.

--- End quote ---
Why buy a server if you guys know how to program? Hell, what's even the fun in that?

--- End quote ---
That was a long time ago that he bought it, and the concept was completely different at the time. He wanted an easily expandable base to put into the MoparScape client, and focus more on having a site-wide community server for people to develop with (like what sinisoul wanted) rather than having a playable server. The idea of writing a base from scratch had been tossed around many times, but no one ever completed it to the level Mopar wanted so he put the incentive (thousands of dollars) on the table. The incentive worked and Osiris was created. Now fast forward a few years and I see sinisouls development thread for scape-emu or whatever he called it. I personally thought "it's time to attempt to create a playable server for the community" once again so I throw out the idea in the staff section about using the base sinisoul had been working on based on an Apollo 530 lookalike. People seemed to like the idea, and this project was formed.

sini:

I felt like it was turning into bloatware though :\ It wasn't MADE for production.

arham 4:

--- Quote from: Jmood on April 28, 2014, 04:48:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: RiiPiiNFtW on April 28, 2014, 01:53:53 PM ---Why don't you guys just use apollo or something of the sort? Its obvious Sinisoul likes to use Ruby and David can jaba, so obviously its a good source for this.

--- End quote ---
what we were using originally was similar to apollo for 500 revision, but there was discussion about buying a fully developed server or going back to Osiris. This has ground development to a halt until that discussion finishes.

--- End quote ---
Why buy a server if you guys know how to program? Hell, what's even the fun in that?

--- End quote ---

Maybe because creating the framework to build content off of takes quite a while to create, look how long it has taken them so far. Note that this development team is also very small compared to most others so that also accounts for the reason it has taken so long.

--- End quote ---
As if we have a time limit. Who said to make a framework from scratch? Sinisoul seems to enjoy ScapeEmu.

--- Quote from: Davidi2 on April 28, 2014, 07:32:22 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
That was a long time ago that he bought it, and the concept was completely different at the time. He wanted an easily expandable base to put into the MoparScape client, and focus more on having a site-wide community server for people to develop with (like what sinisoul wanted) rather than having a playable server. The idea of writing a base from scratch had been tossed around many times, but no one ever completed it to the level Mopar wanted so he put the incentive (thousands of dollars) on the table. The incentive worked and Osiris was created. Now fast forward a few years and I see sinisouls development thread for scape-emu or whatever he called it. I personally thought "it's time to attempt to create a playable server for the community" once again so I throw out the idea in the staff section about using the base sinisoul had been working on based on an Apollo 530 lookalike. People seemed to like the idea, and this project was formed.

--- End quote ---
Interesting. Kinda wrapping us now.

sini:

Why would I use ScapeEmu when I wrote my own framework?

That, note, has almost as much functionality as ScapeEmu. .___. Like I say they are about 90/100

arham 4:

--- Quote from: sinisoul on April 28, 2014, 08:33:20 PM ---Why would I use ScapeEmu when I wrote my own framework?

--- End quote ---
Oh, well then. I don't know why MoparIsTheBest has to be so fussed up about a server he paid for a while back. Does he really want the "community effort" wasted if he trashes this. Remember the fishing spots and stuff, how people found things for this server. So why trash it and redo? I know you could just use the data still in Osiris, but serious, if the devs, even more, the "community", don't/doesn't agree with using Osiris (I see David a bit 50/50), then why use it?

/communityproject

EDIT: Is this[/url] the "Osiris" we are talking about?

Pages: <<< (99/274) >>>

Go to full version