Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • Krackkid: Hello everyone it is I, Krackkid.
      Today at 07:21:56 AM
    • soma_: Does anyone have an updated link to a blank Source / Client? 317/508
      Today at 04:57:44 AM
    • michaeltrailer: olm t pst
      Today at 04:52:48 AM
    • Adaro: Strange that staff think I'm a threat when I'm not threatening anyone
      Today at 03:07:16 AM
    • Adaro: My Skype is: Mod Adaro
      Today at 02:47:02 AM
    • Adaro: Make sure to PM me if you need help on Moparscape. I can answer any questions.
      Today at 02:46:48 AM
    • Adaro: Wilko unblock me on discord
      Today at 02:45:07 AM
    • Striker Fox2: Make sure to check out the new price guide - [link]
      Today at 12:45:49 AM
    • stCky: yes, drhouse.cum
      October 17, 2017, 10:29:20 PM
    • Travas: does anyone know a good site for penis enlargement pills?
      October 17, 2017, 09:19:51 PM
    • stCky: follow silentCjs big ass modelling guide for the rest, gl and hf
      October 17, 2017, 07:20:15 PM
    • stCky: mediafire link is fine booger13
      October 17, 2017, 07:18:37 PM
    • stCky:[link]
      October 17, 2017, 07:18:33 PM
    • booger13: Does anyone know off the top of their head how I can extract OBJs from the caches I downloaded? I see tons of people using them, but no downloads/guides ANYWHERE.
      October 17, 2017, 06:01:47 PM
    • stCky: no
      October 17, 2017, 03:04:31 PM
    • Striker Fox2: Server is back up
      October 17, 2017, 10:03:47 AM
    • Saltyspade10: Working
      October 17, 2017, 10:02:02 AM
    • Saltyspade10: Guys I'm the only player online
      October 17, 2017, 10:00:23 AM
    • DamonValkun: Still down
      October 17, 2017, 09:51:03 AM
    • Headchef: I hate it when this bullshit happends
      October 17, 2017, 09:22:58 AM

Author Topic: High-Charity 474 [Real 474]  (Read 11005 times)

Offlinedrubrkletern

• Absolute Legend
      • View Profile
    High-Charity 474 [Real 474]
    « on: July 27, 2013, 05:44:16 PM »
      High Charity 474
      Now let me just clear some things up before we get started here.
      • What base are you using, good sir?
        I will be using Hyperion, project insanity and all of its derivatives are garbage.

• Are you using a blank Hyperion, or a source which already has features in it?
        I couldn't do something with a blank hyperion except delete it from my hard drive.
        I am using rs2-server.
      • How far do you plan on going with this project?
        Hopefully all the way, meaning hosting it as well.
      • How long have you been working on this base?
        On and off since late 2010.
      • Can I have staff?
        Get lost

Now for a bit of background on this.
      I began working on this server around when rs474 was released, and when I began, I was making almost no progress, I didn't know much about java, so anything I did wasn't really an achievement, but over time, I learned more from this base, and was able to do more and more things. Slowly, but surely, I moved up with it, trying to improve content in any way possible. And here we are today.

TLDR Base helped me learn still using it

MEET THE TEAM
      • Jrubrkletern - Head Programmer and Owner
      • Whackatre - Head html engineer and Visual Basic pro coder
      • LilXCJ - Team psychiatrist
      • _^_ - Redundancy Consultant
      • Pure - CPO and MCE
      • Casey. - Marketing/Funding/Copyright protection
      • Sensored3 - Team Therapist/Doctor
      • veer - Director of Sarcasm
      Even though they are not a part of our team 'officially', I would like to welcome Bootnecklad and c|p to our teams, for each of them have donated over $500 each to our cause! You have our undying gratitude.
      • What do you want to achieve with this?
        The thing is, what I see with private servers all the time is everything is handled in millions of gp, very high leveled weapons, and all of the good things we know are left behind. That is why I'm trying to redesign the weapon and armor system for all 3 types of combat.

For example, Leather and Hard Leather would be lower level range AND melee armor
        At level 20 defense, You would get bronze.
        30 - Iron
        40 - Steel
        50 - Black
        60 - Mithril
        70 - Adamant
        80 - Rune
        90 - Dragon
        So on so forth, and this will be done with all the classes.
      • But the stats on those lower level things suck, thats kind of why we dont use them.
        Exactly! Which is why I plan on adjusting the bonuses for these items to better match their required level.
      To do
      • Boss scripts (DONE)
        Currently, these are VERY VERY flawed. And I don't mean as in exploits, I mean the way bosses are named.
        If you are familiar with rs2server then you would know that npc combat definitions are loaded from an xml file (Or at least mine is and some others that I've seen if not all of them) and to make a boss, you must put the attack type as CUSTOM in the npcs definition, and you write a boss script for it.
        But what does this have to do with anything, you may ask?
        Take a look at this:
      deleted
        This is the code which defines combat type in the xml file, obviously MELEE RANGE and MAGE should be self explanatory. But lets take a closer look at CUSTOM.
        As you can see, it looks for the boss scripts at org > rs2server > rs2 > model > combat > npcs, and for .class files.
        The next part is for the server to find out how to find the correct class for each npc id, it does this by grabbing the actual text name of the npc, and replacing spaces with no space at all.

• What is so bad about this?
        The fact that it finds the npcs boss script via name. If you don't know already, some npcs in the game share names, like lets say the npc "ghost".
        You make a boss script for this "ghost" npc but want to make another one for another npc with a different npc id, unfortunately this one is also named "ghost", so what happens? It gets the script from the first npc's boss script. This is a problem for me especially since a certain npc I use has a few different ids, with the same name, and I need to make boss scripts for these IDs as well, but they would all share one, now whats the point in that? Also, it is broken for things like jad, the name is "TzTok-Jad", the "-" messes it up. Now I don't know if I just did something wrong, but I tried replacing "-" with "" in the same place where spaces are replaced, but that actually ruined it and none of the boss scripts would be loaded.
      • How do you plan on fixing this?
        Well good question eager forum user, instead of using an npc name to find an npc id's boss script, I use the actual ID. So for example, instead of something like kingblackdragon.class, it would be 50.class 50 being its npc id. This gets rid of the problem of having npcs with the same names AND npcs with more complex names like tzhaar monsters, and any other out there if there are, this way, even if you could make specific hard coded exceptions in the CombatNPCDefinition, you wouldn't need to clutter it up uselessly, when it can be solved like this, now I know what some of you are thinking, that numbers would be more confusing. Not exactly, if I work on something for a while, I will quickly learn the id, considering how much I spawn it, open the file, so on so forth. So this is beneficial to me, but maybe not some others, but this is not for other people, this is for more flexibility, and it is better for me.

This has now been solved, thanks to newbiehacker for some help.
        At first, I just tried making it read the custom scripts from npc ids, but that wouldnt work, so i tried placing a folder with the npc's id then the npcs actual name, apparently java doesn't like packages or classes starting with numbers, in the end, i just thought of a cheap fix,
        Only ONE line needs to be changed.
        Old:
      deleted
        changing this one line will do it. I realize it is a bad way to do it, but since I really don't know that much, I thought this up but doubted it, but confirmed with newbiehacker that it worked (Working so far) to use this, just find the npc ids of your bosses, add an "i" in front of it, and you are done. For example, if you have a boss named KingBlackDragon, change to i50.
        • Barrows
          I finished adding the dialogues and spawning functions completely for the brother tombs, next i have to start scripting each brother, for whatever reason ahrim was already done.

I'm going to do it differently, for one the melee brothers will have a much higher 200 hp each than the usual, and 160 for the karil and ahrim instead of 105.
          Today I ended up starting on Torag.
          I thought he was too wimpy, so I buffed his attack speed up a nice amount, and since his set effect is REALLY weak, I decided to change it to draining prayer, this also be included in the armor set.
          Tomorrow I will do the other 4 brothers that have no attack scripts, then start on the tunnels.
          Finished combat scripts on the 31st for all brothers, currently working on the rewards.

UPDATE LOG
        7/27/13
        • Began changing item requirements, currently mithril and adamant armories are complete.
        • TODO: Finish Iron, steel, black rune, and dragon requirements, also reconfigure bonuses
        7/28/13
        • Changed Boss Script Naming (Thanks to NewbieHacker)
        • TODO: Finish Iron, steel, black rune, and dragon requirements, also reconfigure bonuses
          Finish Barrows Minigame
        7/29/13
        • Began working on barrows mechanics
        • Finish Barrows Minigame
        7/30/13
        • Finished main sarcophagus spawning mechanics, some picturres:

7/31/13
      • Finished all brothers combat scripts, including faster than normal attack speeds, higher health,and better effects for ahrim, karil, torag, and slightly better healing for guthans.
      8/1/13
      • Rewards chest finished! (Chest isnt ready for players, so killcount etc is not put into account, just testing the possibility of rewards by clicking the chest. The rest can be added very simply later.
      • THIS IS NOT LOADING SOME HIGHER REVISION but instead I found out that the 474 cache has some primitive HD animations used in around 508+, so I assigned the weapon i was holding those animations via xml
      • barrows is done for now, added soul and law runes to the chest, made bolt racks a bit more common, tomorrow im going to change tooth and loop halfs to something else (probably rune) and make dragon med much rarer then start on something else
      • Barrows finished, starting on something new 8/2/13
      8/2/13
      • Combat sounds now working for players! Now there is sounds ready for players and boss npcs. All thats left is regular npcs.

As we speak I'm adjusting sounds for spells, both casting and the sounds for the actual hits too.
      • Fix conflicting weapon sounds and spell sounds.
      8/4/13
      • Got the splash delays correct, spell sounds now work almost 100%, just need to plug in the right ids for the spells. Only combat spells left are normal stat lowering spells such as curse, stun etc and teleblock/charge.
      • Stop weapon and spell sounds from conflicting when using spells
      [/list][/list]
      8/7/13
      • Finally finished magic sounds, special attack sounds, and regular attack sounds now work correctly!
        However there may be a few things not included, like 1 or 2 spell sounds because I don't feel like going on a journey looking for them right now, and over time I'll add more special attack and regular attack sounds, the mechanics are working, and adding new sounds is easy.

After I uploaded the video I realized that the ags special sound was a bit too delayed, lowered the timer on that a bit already.
      • Fix npc spawning.... add more npc sounds
      8/8/13
      • npc spawning bug fixed
      • add more npcs sounds, and a secret update which i may reveal tomorrow (it wont show much of what is coming..)
      8/9/13
      • npcvnpc spawning bug fixed
      • Finish up secret.. add more sounds as I go...
      8/26/13
      • Worked on the 'secret' content some more
      • Finish up secret content for now.. add more sounds as I go...

I haven't not been working on the server since then at all, but when I have some time I fix or add this and that, and I'll list everything new since my last update which was almost a year ago..

Up to 7/10/2014 from 8/26/13
      • Finished Extreme Difficulty boss, fixed some delays, tweaked damage, delays, behaviors, and overall more sane.
      • Finally got around to finishing Hard Difficulty Boss, as in tweaked the attacks, delays, added proper sounds, and added/deleted some behaviors.
      • Started on and completed Medium Difficulty boss, the lowest in the minigame, Easy will NOT have a boss.
      • Began drawing up ideas and mechanics for Ultimate difficulty, which is the final boss.
      • Added more weapon sounds
      • Fixed bonuses to how they should be from their original runescape bonuses.
      • Fixed some of the invasion monsters, and added more.
      • Melee and range sounds no longer collide with magic or special attack sounds!
      • Add more sounds, including weapon, specials, npc, implement death/different getting hit sounds
      • Fix all equipment bonuses to what they SHOULD be.
      • Work on trading, following, and music zones
      • Work on the overall mechanics of the minigames, how rewards are calculated, the wave system, etc.
      • Think of more shit to do/add/fix
      7/16/14
      • Finished invasion rewards chest and the possible rewards
      7/19/14
      • Finished rewards chest, rewards you can get from it, and patched up ways to dupe/mess up dialogue? May revise rewards soon
      • Added new items to reward shop for ecto tokens, which means i have to configure their stats + prices
      • Added dragon token to rewards store for 300k ecto tokens, one time use, from then on you get two chest openings for the minigame when normally you would only get one
      • A while back I made items that gave damage bonuses (EG High level magic staffs), and now I fixed it so they actually WORK, before whichever gave the highest damage bonus would be the only one effecting your max hit, now they stack up, (Example wearing an item that gives 10% magic damage boost, and another that gives 5% boost, they will stack and give you 15% overall)
      • Working on editing item stats for the reward shops rewards, prices, etc
      7/21/14
      • Added NPC defense sounds for when they are hit for magic and melee
      • Tweaked meleecombat formula, hits with high end items way too high, I'll keep the order of bonuses and when I keep adding weapons/items, they will follow the same process since hits are more moderated and less 2-hit kill ish.
      • Add NPC defense sounds when player is using ranged
      • Add NPC death sounds
      « Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 06:09:38 AM by drubrkletern »
      "Moparscape is the oldest Runescape private server community. We have been active since 2007.

- Mitb, Founder"
      ez   infraction king

OfflineVain_

• View Profile
      Re: Untitled Development
      « Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 06:49:14 PM »
      For example, Leather and Hard Leather would be lower level range AND melee armor
      30 - Iron
      40 - Steel
      50 - Black
      60 - Mithril
      70 - Adamant
      80 - Rune
      90 - Dragon
      sounds like something jagex would do

anyway goodluck

Offlinedrubrkletern

• Absolute Legend
        • View Profile
      « Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 06:55:48 PM »
      Thanks

added update log to OP!
      "Moparscape is the oldest Runescape private server community. We have been active since 2007.

- Mitb, Founder"
      ez   infraction king

OfflinePK Syndicate

• View Profile
      « Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 06:56:17 PM »
      30 - Iron
      40 - Steel
      50 - Black
      60 - Mithril
      70 - Adamant
      80 - Rune
      90 - Dragon
      sounds like something jagex would do

anyway goodluck

Bahaha.

On topic though, I like that you have stuck with this one source since 2010! Hyperion all the way. Hope you make some success, even if it's personal success and you don't make it all the way to hosting.

Offlinedrubrkletern

• Absolute Legend
        • View Profile
      « Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 07:06:10 PM »
      thanks

- Mitb, Founder"
      ez   infraction king

Offlinenolan2131

• View Profile
      Re: Untitled Development [Hyperion-474]
      « Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 09:36:36 PM »
      Can I have staff?
      Perhaps on the rare occasion pursuing the right course demands an act of piracy, piracy itself can be the right course.

Offlineiz3 legend

• View Profile
      « Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 09:43:01 PM »
      I want staff too.

Offlinedrubrkletern

• Absolute Legend
        • View Profile
      « Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 02:44:25 AM »
      i just hate staff hunters from previous server ownership

- Mitb, Founder"
      ez   infraction king

Offlinehalflive9

• View Profile
      « Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 03:32:08 AM »
      I didn't know you were into programming :o

I wish you the best of luck.

OfflineSarwar

• View Profile
      « Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 04:19:34 AM »
      Good luck!
      /o/
       |     hail the potato
      / /
      ~ OTF Clan - Subscribe <3

Offlinedrubrkletern

• Absolute Legend
        • View Profile
      « Reply #10 on: July 28, 2013, 05:33:47 AM »
      Thanks guys, added a to do list.

- Mitb, Founder"
      ez   infraction king

OfflineAshi

• View Profile
      « Reply #11 on: July 28, 2013, 05:41:01 AM »
      ahahaha
      I couldn't do something with a blank hyperion except delete it from my hard drive.

enjoy c & p

Offlinedrubrkletern

• Absolute Legend
        • View Profile
      « Reply #12 on: July 28, 2013, 05:44:05 AM »
      thanks

- Mitb, Founder"
      ez   infraction king

Offlinekingman002

• View Profile
      « Reply #13 on: July 28, 2013, 12:18:57 PM »
      Good luck on this, just a few questions though.......

What base are you using, good sir?
      Is it blank?
      How far are you going with this?
      Can I have staff?
      ^^^^ Arham on cam!

Offlinedrubrkletern

• Absolute Legend
        • View Profile
      « Reply #14 on: July 28, 2013, 04:05:23 PM »
      pi
      1 more day
      yes

- Mitb, Founder"
      ez   infraction king

Offlinekingman002

• View Profile
      « Reply #15 on: July 28, 2013, 04:17:50 PM »
      pi
      1 more day
      yes
      pi? best. source. ever.
      1 more? that's longer than any project i've ever had! GJ
      WOOT I GET STAFF. co owner plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
      ^^^^ Arham on cam!

Offlinedrubrkletern

• Absolute Legend
        • View Profile
      « Reply #16 on: July 28, 2013, 06:39:10 PM »
      Seems like custom npc scripts seem to be working with numbers now, thanks to newbiehacker for some help with it. updated op.

- Mitb, Founder"
      ez   infraction king

Offlinemrnessie

• View Profile
      « Reply #17 on: July 28, 2013, 06:41:41 PM »
      drub add my skype: nessie.rsps1
      need developers

Offlinedrubrkletern

• Absolute Legend
        • View Profile
      « Reply #18 on: July 28, 2013, 06:44:57 PM »
      ok

Added how I changed the boss scripts for anyone interested (Warning, bad code)

- Mitb, Founder"
      ez   infraction king

OfflineWizard jesse

• View Profile
      « Reply #19 on: July 28, 2013, 11:13:31 PM »
      What base are you using, good sir?
      I will be using Hyperion, project insanity and all of its derivatives are garbage.

Hyperion is not that great either. A lot of things need to be reworked on that base

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.