RuneScape 2 Development > Server and Client Development Showoff

RS-Reborn - Latest Update: We're doin' it live

Pages: <<< (297/516) >>>

hybrent:

--- Quote from: sinisoul on August 14, 2011, 01:14:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: Scully on August 14, 2011, 01:06:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: sinisoul on August 14, 2011, 01:01:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: LilXCj on August 14, 2011, 12:56:50 PM ---Was hoping I could get that source or get someone to teach me how to write a framework (by simply sifting through the source code). Oh well. :|

--- End quote ---

http://uppit.com/v4kx277t2ipt/RSRemake.rar

That's what I got done. Also I plan to finish it eventually, but now I can actually do the type of scripting I want to :D

--- End quote ---
Well, this isn't really the place to release this... As it pretty much has absolutely nothing to do with us since there's not content on it whatsoever.

--- End quote ---

Still don't get why people are so obsessive over content...

--- End quote ---

Because it doesn't matter how incredible the design of your server is, or how many cool systems you implemented. No one will play your server because your scripting system is better than someone else's; they play for content.

We aren't doing this strictly to test ourselves like you seem to be doing; we are making a server that emulates RuneScape, like most other people here.

Scully:

--- Quote from: LilXCj on August 14, 2011, 12:56:50 PM ---Was hoping I could get that source or get someone to teach me how to write a framework (by simply sifting through the source code). Oh well. :|

--- End quote ---

That's what I got done. Also I plan to finish it eventually, but now I can actually do the type of scripting I want to :D

--- End quote ---
Well, this isn't really the place to release this... As it pretty much has absolutely nothing to do with us since there's not content on it whatsoever.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
When you actually write something that's half-way decent or better than the things that are released you don't want every half-wit to have it. It's a very simple idea really... Why would you a mostly undeserving community a fully completed server that they're just going to host and make no edits to. Then if there are issues they have to overcome by themselves they claim your release is total bull shit.

sini:

--- Quote from: hybrent on August 14, 2011, 01:33:28 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Because it doesn't matter how incredible the design of your server is, or how many cool systems you implemented. No one will play your server because your scripting system is better than someone else's; they play for content.

We aren't doing this strictly to test ourselves like you seem to be doing; we are making a server that emulates RuneScape, like most other people here.

--- End quote ---

You could have done both, but you guys were more concerned with remaking things people have done over and over again.

Scully:

--- Quote from: sinisoul on August 14, 2011, 01:44:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: hybrent on August 14, 2011, 01:33:28 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

You could have done both, but you guys were more concerned with remaking things people have done over and over again.

--- End quote ---
You quit telling me that you felt like you were reinventing the box...

t4:

Anyone else find this funny?

Pages: <<< (297/516) >>>

Go to full version