Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • Cole1497: join horney scape we are horney all the time and have a sex emote
      November 09, 2019, 05:14:33 PM
    • thewraith500: try autoscape,0rg brand new osrs CUSTOMS server! fight caves for flaming fire cape, upgrade them to infernal wings + more!
      November 09, 2019, 01:37:29 AM
    • SuperNativeZ: Come play brand new server [link]
      November 08, 2019, 02:13:24 PM
      November 08, 2019, 02:13:17 PM
      November 08, 2019, 02:13:14 PM
    • ragnoroker: Brand new server, come join the fun - unique server - RuneGuild - [link]
      November 07, 2019, 11:55:44 AM
    • ragnoroker: Brand new server, come join the fun - unique server - RuneGuild - [link]
      November 07, 2019, 11:55:40 AM
      November 07, 2019, 11:55:35 AM
    • ArtexAdv: Come play brand new server [link]
      November 07, 2019, 07:36:34 AM
    • grefin::cool:
      November 04, 2019, 12:55:57 AM
    • grefin: Hi friends! I cant get through that bank pin thing. What should i do my friends?
      November 04, 2019, 12:55:36 AM
    • cows1471: its weird
      November 03, 2019, 02:56:40 PM
    • cows1471: fudge me
      November 03, 2019, 02:56:34 PM
    • cows1471: my original account is 11 years ago
      November 03, 2019, 02:56:26 PM
    • cows1471: and yet
      November 03, 2019, 02:56:14 PM
    • Christmas_tree: this place has changed
      November 03, 2019, 02:54:34 PM
    • Christmas_tree: fudge me
      November 03, 2019, 02:54:25 PM
    • Christmas_tree: six years ago i registered this account
      November 03, 2019, 02:54:22 PM
    • thewraith500: everyone join autoscape,0rg its the best customs osrs server yet! the owner gives ultra boxes!
      October 28, 2019, 08:03:09 PM
    • gameruler93: I am so fudgeing glad to see this website is still alive.
      October 28, 2019, 07:57:18 PM

Author Topic: RSPS Library  (Read 9026 times)

OfflineDavidi2

• View Profile
    Re: RSPS Library
    « Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 05:24:02 PM »
    Just stop.. you are contradicting yourself in your own post and it shows that you 'blatantly' dont even understand what agile development means or when it's used
    Runescape Gambling

Offlinewildskiller

• View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: June 24, 2016, 09:59:19 PM »
    all of those are good things but it's just one guy writing a library, playing scrum on his own would be dumb af..
    Okay maybe so but I'm sure some sort of agile programming will help.

what are you even talking about? did you just take software engineering 101 and want to use buzzwords? scrum development/agile development has literally zero relevance to this topic.
    No, the OP wants his stuff reviewed and contribution so why wouldn't it be good to work agile? It blatantly looks like hes started working on 1 thing then stopped half way to work on something else.
    The geography part of the code wasn't meant to be pushed because it was unfinished. There isn't anything else in this project that is currently unfinished; everything will eventually be refractored and modified later on based on how I want my new functionality, but I'm still writing based on what I feel is best. If my knowledge isn't good enough for this kind of task, then I'm going to increase it as I go.

David, based on what I've seen from you, it seems like you're very experienced. So, I would really like some input on this. Instead of telling me it's shit or not worth my time, I'd rather want to see a post from you saying what I REALLY need help on or what is pointless, or what needs added. I really listen to people who are more knowledgeable on this subject.

I know this might be asking too much from people on here, but I actually do like it when someone tells me what I'm doing wrong ONLY if they give an explanation to why it is wrong or how I can fix it. So, please give as many suggestions and feedback as possible because I actually feed on that shit
    « Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 10:06:25 PM by wildskiller »

OfflineDavidi2

• View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: June 24, 2016, 10:34:36 PM »
    Ok Ill spend a few minutes to make some notes.

ConfigSection seems like a poorly construed idea. Its purpose is not clear, and I feel like any of its actual purposes are better served other ways. Simple String->(String/Int/Boolean) pairs can be done in java.util.Properties, JSON, etc and more complex types should really be saved different ways. Creating a new ADT for it seems very over-engineered.

The extension module concept is not something anyone would use. The only time you would be trying to add extensions (in the same language) through file loading like you are doing without just including them in the project is when you have a launched project that other people cannot modify. If someone is working on a RSPS source, why would they use an external library to add other external code rather than just add the other code?

The way you've designed your static container handlers is again, over-engineered. It is better to just have flags for the function of a container that can be changed any time, and check those flags in an add/remove method.

You should look into how area.add(shape) works, because Im pretty sure it wouldnt function the way you want it to. (could be wrong on this one)

Offlinewildskiller

• View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: May 14, 2017, 06:17:23 PM »
    I've re-worked everything and have started over again. I'm going to need everyone's help

OfflineLordDerik

• First Time Poster
      • View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: May 30, 2017, 07:31:14 AM »
    I've re-worked everything and have started over again. I'm going to need everyone's help

What kind help do you need?

Offlinewildskiller

• View Profile
    « Reply #25 on: June 16, 2017, 10:43:18 PM »

What kind help do you need?
    Suggestions as to what would be helpful systems to program for an rsps library. Maybe some code suggestions or actually examples of code

The Configuration package is in the works...

The Configurable class is an annotation interface that can go over fields within any class and the ConfigurationUtility class will allow for saving/loading values based on your Configurable variables.

Code: Java
    1. publicclass ItemDefinition {
    3.     @Configurable
    4.     privateint id;
    6.     @Configurable
    7.     privateString name;
    9.     @Configurable
    10.     privateint value;
    12.     @Configurable
    13.     privateint highAlch;
    15. }

The ConfigurationBuilder class will help build configurations for things you need to save like item definitions and npcs. There are different parsing types like YML, JSON, Binary, XML, and just a regular TXT format

2.         Configuration item_config = ConfigurationBuilder
    3.                 .startBuilding()
    4.                 .addConfigurable("id", 11732)
    5.                 .addConfigurable("name", "Armadyl Godsword")
    6.                 .addConfigurable("value", 1250000)
    7.                 .addConfigurable("high_alch", 120000)
    8.                 .addConfigurable("examine", "A beautiful godsword")
    9.                 .type(ConfigType.YML)
    10.                 .build();
    12.         Configuration npc_config = ConfigurationBuilder
    13.                 .startBuilding()
    14.                 .addConfigurable("id", 1)
    15.                 .addConfigurable("name", "Man")
    16.                 .addConfigurable("location", new Location(null, 0, 3222, 3222))
    17.                 .addConfigurable("random_walk", true)
    18.                 .type(ConfigType.TXT)
    19.                 .build();

Offlinelare69

• View Profile
    « Reply #26 on: July 19, 2017, 01:43:43 AM »
    coming with more suggestions

-> this isn't useful as entity "lists" are supposed to have a finite capacity. they don't grow like mutable array lists and hash maps

-> Entity and Interactable are the same thing, interactable is just a bad name for it. Entities are anything in the Runescape world that can be interacted with

-> You still need to use Maven (or something else to manage your dependencies), or at the least make a dependency list. i just say that because currently if people want to fork your code and contribute to your project they can't, if they want to use your open-source code in their server they can't, the only way they can use your project is if you ship a JAR with your code and all its dependencies in it

which also brings me to my second point, try and keep your dependencies to a minimum (that means if/when you ship your project, it'll be as lightweight as possible)

overall lots of improvements. if its supposed to be a generic API, try not to get too specific with your abstraction models and remember to only support things that are generic and identical in every server
    hi. check out luna:)

Offlinewildskiller

• View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: April 12, 2018, 09:47:10 AM »
    coming with more suggestions

-> this isn't useful as entity "lists" are supposed to have a finite capacity. they don't grow like mutable array lists and hash maps

-> Entity and Interactable are the same thing, interactable is just a bad name for it. Entities are anything in the Runescape world that can be interacted with

-> You still need to use Maven (or something else to manage your dependencies), or at the least make a dependency list. i just say that because currently if people want to fork your code and contribute to your project they can't, if they want to use your open-source code in their server they can't, the only way they can use your project is if you ship a JAR with your code and all its dependencies in it

which also brings me to my second point, try and keep your dependencies to a minimum (that means if/when you ship your project, it'll be as lightweight as possible)

overall lots of improvements. if its supposed to be a generic API, try not to get too specific with your abstraction models and remember to only support things that are generic and identical in every server
    Definitely noted on interactable and the EntityList and have changed accordingly. I've done some small things over the past few months that I can, have been too busy lately but am still going at it.

I've implemented some pieces of the skill design.

Any skill modification is normalized by the private SkillTick class within the SkillSetManager. I defaulted the normalization rate to 1 minute, so every minute skill boosts or decreases are restored by 1 level. Also, if any levels are modified, then the SkillTick class is queued automatically, so there is no need for any extra code to be thrown in for that

To allow a player to be a SkillHolder, just implement the SkillHolder interface and assign a SkillSetManager class to it like so:

1. importgame.skill.SkillHolder;
    2. importgame.skill.SkillSetManager;
    4. publicclass Persona implements SkillHolder {
    6.         privatefinal SkillSetManager skills =new SkillSetManager(this);
    8.         @Override
    9.         public SkillSetManager getSkills(){
    10.                 return skills;
    11.         }
    13. }

If you wish to given any skill boosts/decreases by level:
    1.                 skills.modifyByPercent(SkillType.DEFENCE, 0.10);// This will modify the level temporarily positive 10%
    2.                 skills.modifyLevel(SkillType.ATTACK, 10);// This will modify the level temporarily positive 10 levels
    3.                 skills.modifyLevel(SkillType.ATTACK, -10);// This will modify the level temporarily by negative 10 levels

I really need some feedback. Progressing this library becomes more difficult the further I get into development because it requires more knowledge of the RuneScape mechanics. I'm needing to learn how functions work relating to RuneScape and how I can actually make them more flexible so you aren't stuck with just the RuneScape system. I've been trying to work on a cache library on the side, but that's still more time consuming than I would like because I receive no information from anyone on this forum -.-

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.