Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • stCky: Palidinho is your OpenGL (was it OpenGL?) stuff open source anywhere?
      August 16, 2017, 09:07:22 PM
    • Travas:BUILD THE WALL
      August 15, 2017, 09:28:49 PM
    • Travas: i have ass cancer
      August 15, 2017, 09:23:29 PM
    • stCky: what are the fudge are you tryna ask?
      August 15, 2017, 08:21:35 PM
    • bader: what are the rsps community alive ?
      August 15, 2017, 05:46:16 PM
    • bader: yo guys
      August 15, 2017, 05:46:08 PM
    • Spacehost:[link] Updated our thread :)
      August 15, 2017, 09:40:34 AM
    • Adaro: The client is in Download section at Homepage
      August 15, 2017, 01:09:20 AM
    • FaTe_Of_GoDs: where do i get the client?????????????
      August 14, 2017, 05:23:14 PM
    • stCky: can anyone help me? I cant login to the shoutbox
      August 13, 2017, 05:45:15 PM
    • drubrkletern: appeal denied
      August 13, 2017, 02:35:27 PM
    • King_Trout:[link]
      August 13, 2017, 11:17:12 AM
    • Cole1497: no sorry
      August 13, 2017, 10:27:14 AM
    • ayz: yo can anyone explain something to me
      August 13, 2017, 08:08:51 AM
    • coolking12: Hi
      August 13, 2017, 04:16:06 AM
    • stCky: n+1
      August 11, 2017, 06:09:24 PM
    • PalidinoDH: How many more pages are going to show errors before this dude gets on and fixes shit
      August 11, 2017, 04:57:00 PM
    • stCky: it is made by the wonderful people at jetbrains
      August 10, 2017, 10:00:06 PM
    • Zoravon: what's the difference between that and eclipse?
      August 10, 2017, 05:59:52 PM
    • stCky: use an IDE like IntelliJ or shitclipse
      August 10, 2017, 05:33:01 PM

Author Topic: Wildy//289 - RuneScape 2005 Server  (Read 10428 times)

OfflineWW

• View Profile
    Wildy//289 - RuneScape 2005 Server
    « on: May 23, 2012, 04:19:35 AM »

Work has continued, I've successfully managed to migrate bases from that old netty base found on my hard drive to a fresh Hyperion.  I looked through the map via manually walking .etc. A lot of the free to play content is available (map wise) but a lot of members map data is unfortunately unretrievable, it's a private server so it doesn't need such a big map but I though this should be noted for future followers. That's why it's only 5.82mb (the entire cache) the latest item in the game is dragon platelegs, which I think is awesome :D

Yanova said it's missing: ~50% of models, ~75% of emotes, ~50% of maps & 100% of music.

Contents

Somewhere along the line late last year (2011) I started work a blakescape base with java.nio implemented & Graham's cycle-based task manager. Originally entitled Tatl then changed to Wildy without making an update as the project thread died some time before hand. I've been laying low on a lot of my project for now infact I've ceased almost all work. But recently I received a few older files from my mate David/Advo, both are relatively un-common and have boosted my enthusiasm towards private servers. One will remain untold but the other is a netty 289 base with a complete 289 client: this thread is to act as documentation towards development.

Developers:
    • James (WW) - Working on content & framework.
    • Open developer spot*
    * - Read at the bottom of this thread to see how to apply for a Wildy developer position and for prerequisites of applying.

Interested influential developers:
    This is a small paragraph on each of the following that may be considered well-known. (Will release information when we continue to discuss what will happen :) )
    • Ryan - (one of) Head administrator of Frugooscape
    • Mko - Noted from Dodian

Skills Progress:
       crossed means complete
       * - (to be) custom made
    • Agility
      • Gnome agility course
      • Barbarian agility course
      • Wilderness agility course
    • Cooking
      • Most fish and meat can be cooked
      • Burning food depending on level
    • Crafting
    • Firemaking
      • Ashes appear after burning a log
      • Clipped forced walking
    • Fishing
      • Most fish can be caught
      • Correct level and equipment requirements
    • Fletching
      • All logs can be fletched
      • Arrow & dart fletching
      • Stringing unfinished bows
    • Herblore
      • Identifying herbs
      • Unfinished Potion/Complete Potion making
    • Mining
      • Ore replaced with 'empty ore' object once mined
      • Prospecting different type of ores
    • Prayer
      • Bone burying
      • Head-icons & correct effects
    • Runecrafting
      • Multiple runes with higher levels
      • Wearing runecrafting tiaras
      • Runecrafting pouches
      • Abyss with portals .etc.
    • Smithing
      • Smelting bars using furnace
      • All equipment available from bars
    • Thieving
      • Pickpocketing NPCs
      • Stealing from stalls
    • Woodcutting
      • Most trees available
      • Stump after tree is cut down
    Currently working on:
    • Packet handlers with content introduced.

Content media:
    Newest down to oldest (newer images have been edited to hide the username)

Developer Position?
    This position is relatively important not only to the development of this server but for someone that's willing to put up with myself and my ideas. Teamwork is my main concern because I've seen projects topple and fall simply because of poor communication - I'm not expecting to have to talk with someone everyday but I do expect a decent supply on information on plans both for the server and when you can or cannot develop. There are several small point I'll point out here and now simply for those interested and myself as referencing points later on in the application phase.
    • Payment
      • Some people out there are more interested in the business side of things than the creative counterpart - being creating game content (quests, minigames, skill features .etc.) And reluctantly even though these people are completely qualified and experienced enough to create these things easily they consider both their work and time worth a form of payment. I am not Vault; I won't pay you per piece of work that is submitted to me. There are upsides to this concept, your work will be yours - creative rights & ownership are completely yours but clearly I have a small minority of ownership simply because it's implemented into the server

As for payment there will be a small payment given to you from my paypal account depending on how much is generated from the advertisements via google's service adsense. There are two ads per page (top & bottom) and they will generate enough funding to both pay for a VPS (once I save enough I will buy my own and host locally/possibly) and the web hosting services coming to a total of about $60 AUS a month. The difference will be split between yourself, moderators and I. Rates are still to be decided.
    • Pre-requisites
      • This is a simple point that won't be bent nor altered. I must see some of your own personal work and I will decide whether or not it's up to the standard required. Also I highly recommend you have at least been a member of these forums, R-S, R-L or the private server scene in general for 2+ years. If your work is exceptional the experience requirement may be lifted due to special circumstance.
    • Actual Work
      • This will be brief because I think you should let yourself decide what you want to work on next: I'm looking for minigames, quests & skills. I will personally work on a lot of skill bases myself but it's up to how us to decide who will do what. Under-the-hood work may be an option depending on the work you send me, meaning networking, player/npc updating .etc.
    More will be elaborated upon an approved application.
    « Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 01:38:55 AM by WW »
    god i am so fudgeing cool
    my old posts are cringe

OfflineScully

• View Profile
    Re: Wildy//289
    « Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 07:38:53 AM »
    Can you tell me how you got the maps to load? I mean obviously the sendMapRegion packet, but the maps are corrupt...

OfflineRodgerwilco

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 05:20:12 PM »
    How do you have all that done.. if you're working on handling of incoming packets?
    RSC Update: JMods still lack interest. Lots and lots of debating.
    Another Update: Jagex still doesn't a fk. GG Community

Offlinearham 4

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 10:21:57 PM »
    Oooo
    lolol remember when mopar was a thing

OfflineWW

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 01:46:17 AM »
    I've updated the thread for potential developers. Read here.

How do you have all that done.. if you're working on handling of incoming packets?
    Please re-read the thread, if you truly need an explanation on how the skills progress list works: crossed means this feature is complete and uncrossed means it's either in development or to be developed.
    « Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 01:48:12 AM by WW »
    my old posts are cringe

OfflineMezzyscape562

• View Profile
      • Tap Tap Adventure
    « Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 07:21:42 PM »
    Thing is ... The older the Revision Gets The Less things you have to code :)

OfflineLoveandpower

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 10:27:15 PM »
    will this be a hosted server?
    I just don't care anymore.

Offlinerunescape sucks

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 10:32:10 PM »
    I support, and for some reason I love your logo.
    (click to show/hide)

OfflineWW

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 04:46:29 PM »
    I support, and for some reason I love your logo.
    Thanks mate, wasn't that big of an effort though.
    will this be a hosted server?
    Undecided; this could be a release at some stage but most likely not the quality of the completed project.
    Thing is ... The older the Revision Gets The Less things you have to code :)
    Simply enough I'll put more effort into creating high quality content so the time spent working will be equal if not more. But still less if it were a 317 so I agree (:
    my old posts are cringe

Offlinematiasmunk

• View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 05:09:28 PM »
    I support. And if this server is to be hosted sometime. I would happily donate each month :)

Offlinegoxattackx

• View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 07:52:46 PM »
    Good luck!

Repping you because you're working on a different source that no one else does :P

OfflineEyeownyew

• View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 09:00:43 PM »

I made it because I felt like it. Use it if you want, I don't really care, I just love making banners.

Good luck with this, I love the 289 revision.

OfflineWW

• View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 07:28:42 AM »
    Development is currently slow because my mate Advocatus is helping me out by converting a blank RuneSource to 289; after this (should be within a week I'm hoping) development will start straight away.

I apologize for the pause, some people are clearly eager to see more and within 24 hours of getting my base I promise more information with some eye candy. :)
    my old posts are cringe

Offlinerunescape sucks

• View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: June 03, 2012, 02:17:44 PM »
    Great, is this going to be a remake? One where you add all skills and do other things(not like runescape), or something totally different?
    (click to show/hide)

OfflineSheikyy

• View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: June 03, 2012, 08:36:52 PM »
    Remake would be pretty good for a 289, would look beast

OfflineWW

• View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 06:33:29 AM »
    Great, is this going to be a remake? One where you add all skills and do other things(not like runescape), or something totally different?
    Undecided, I'll be adding all above included in the skill progress list & I'll most likely map it out accurately to RuneScape but for the quests and minigames I'm not 100% sure because it's an annoying and stupid task to get all the correct dialogues, the cut scenes .etc. so I'm not 100% sure yet when it comes to joining this sea of 2006 remakes even though it would technically be a 2005 remake but still the same concept.

The skills will be accurate to RuneScape respectively, combat will be as accurate as possible as well but as just mentioned quests may be construct differently. Quests are a big job for me because I instantly notice when they're not made right, they just become stupid and annoying - especially the dialogues these 12-13 year old workers use eg. "Can I Have A Quest?" "No You Can Not" "I'll Fight You!" "Fight Jad Instead!!!" - stupid one line with too many capital letters dialogue. Bleh, anyways this wasn't a bash at new developers - skills and combat could be considered a remake of RuneScape and quests/minigames could be another story.
    my old posts are cringe

OfflineXellium

• View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 08:16:46 AM »
    Undecided, I'll be adding all above included in the skill progress list & I'll most likely map it out accurately to RuneScape but for the quests and minigames I'm not 100% sure because it's an annoying and stupid task to get all the correct dialogues, the cut scenes .etc. so I'm not 100% sure yet when it comes to joining this sea of 2006 remakes even though it would technically be a 2005 remake but still the same concept.

The skills will be accurate to RuneScape respectively, combat will be as accurate as possible as well but as just mentioned quests may be construct differently. Quests are a big job for me because I instantly notice when they're not made right, they just become stupid and annoying - especially the dialogues these 12-13 year old workers use eg. "Can I Have A Quest?" "No You Can Not" "I'll Fight You!" "Fight Jad Instead!!!" - stupid one line with too many capital letters dialogue. Bleh, anyways this wasn't a bash at new developers - skills and combat could be considered a remake of RuneScape and quests/minigames could be another story.

Want to make your remake better than 80% of the others. Finish it.
    Project Project, coming underway.

OfflineWW

• View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: July 14, 2012, 12:23:37 AM »
    Want to make your remake better than 80% of the others. Finish it.
    That's my goal; development hasn't stopped. I had to concentrate on my full time work for the past while but recently I've found some time for development, I've uploaded a new screenshot showing the base migration is complete.

I've decided on Hyperion as the server base, everything is currently working as planned and I will start to work out some of the kinks that have been mentions between users on mopar and r-s forums. Although the blank Hyperion doesn't have much issues if I remember correctly and if there were they're simply issues like GFX height but because this is a different revision I'll learn if there are differences between 317/377 and 289 but most have said they're almost paralleled. I've fixed the memory leak in the event manager Graham had warned the user about on his thread just in case people are going to reply with that in mind.

Important notice to all Hyperion users! There is a memory leak currently present which has not been fixed in any official releases or in the Subversion repository. To fix it, open the EventManager class and after the isRunning() check, add an else which just returns from the function. If you do not fix this, your server will gradually consume more memory and CPU power and some actions may continue forever. (NOTE: this is not related to Sir Harry's memory problem - one of the first things I did was to ask him to apply this fix which did not help. According to Sir Sean, it isn't a problem with MINA either - it was something he added - which is kind of what I expected anyway since I had not experienced it during testing Hyperion and the Rune-Server official server.)
    my old posts are cringe

OfflineTravas

• View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: July 14, 2012, 03:49:09 AM »
    Shouldn't the total level be 28?
    « Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 04:28:14 AM by Travas »
    Davidi2
    Cpu's are like pussy you'd rather have two but one will work

OfflineWW

• View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: July 14, 2012, 11:28:06 AM »
    Shouldn't the total level be 28?
    Thanks for that mate, went back to it and after five minutes after going out tonight I edited the Skills class and the sendSkill() method to remove anything to do with Slayer/Farming. The reason I needed to do this was because I'm using a fresh Hyperion (edited) as a base originally made for the 317/377 revision. Also I changed the bank size to 352 to 280 so that's fully functioning as well. Updated media.

16/7/2012:

Added global drops, show up publically after a minute. The new media includes the older Yew tree model and some older item models as well. Going to work on NPC updating to get fishing started.

17/7/2012:

Added yoyo with working animations. Cannot walk before the animation ends .etc. going to start working on the Woodcutting base that's already implemented and see if I can add stumps with a small delay as well as mining with empty ores. Look at the media list to see the new yoyo media.

18/7/2012:

Added NPC handling, loads via .dat file. Also added teleportation spells even though only three are available making it relatively easy work. Added media for both implementations. Working on fishing system now.

19/7/2012:

Added MagicOnItem packet thanks to some thread on r-s by Shamon King. Big help actually, got both low alchemy and high alchemy available with working animation & graphics. Have to work on item values though but that can be done another time, will consider working on a nice fishing system soon-ish. Considering placements .etc. Edit: Started work on Bones to Bananas, working gfx & animation at the moment - just have to make a check for bones in your inventory (checking runescape wikia for type of bones this spell effects) then changing them into bananas. By the way there is media for alchemy and progress of bones to bananas spell on the main post.

20/7/2012:

Completed bones to bananas. Not the hardest job, checks for the amount of big & regular bones and replaces them with bananas. I'll consider adding a feature that requires bananas so there is some reason to even consider using this spell but it was good fun getting something I remember being useless as a player back then into my server. Going to work on gem enchantment spells then consider different ways to implement a strong fishing system into the server as well as fishing spot placement(s).

21/7/2012:

Worked today, didn't get much time on gem enchantment. I've made a system for each different animation/graphic depending on the level of jewellery enchantment. Works well, I just have to record the level requirements, experience gained as well as each ring, necklace & amulet. Simply stuff because I already got the system done testing via information with a sapphire ring now it's just the job of getting all the data. Easy, working on fishing afterwards with the same things in mind as last night. There's also media updated to show the GFX (more for eye candy). By the way I forgot to mention earlier with Alching and now Enchanting the interface (inventory) changes back to the magic spell book after you select a spell on an inventory item.
    « Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 10:42:38 AM by WW »
    my old posts are cringe

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.