Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • ragnoroker: Brand new unique server just released! - Awesome Community - [link]
      October 14, 2019, 11:11:32 AM
    • ragnoroker: Brand new unique server just released! - Awesome Community - [link]
      October 14, 2019, 11:11:28 AM
      October 14, 2019, 11:11:23 AM
    • marquise:[link]
      October 11, 2019, 12:24:21 PM
    • marquise: hey guys try autoscape.org [link]
      October 11, 2019, 12:19:08 PM
    • Rash: is this site still ded
      October 08, 2019, 07:54:22 PM
    • The Meek: Just Uploaded New Server ~Phusion~
      October 01, 2019, 03:30:31 AM
    • ragnoroker: Pre-EOC New server just dropped today! Come check it out :) - [link]
      September 27, 2019, 08:43:43 PM
    • ragnoroker: Pre-EOC New server just dropped today! Come check it out :) - [link]
      September 27, 2019, 08:43:40 PM
      September 27, 2019, 08:43:33 PM
    • PavSwag: try autoscape,0rg today i will personally help you get RICH and well KNOWN - pav
      September 26, 2019, 09:02:13 AM
    • PavSwag: try autoscape,0rg today i will personally help you get RICH and well KNOWN - pav
      September 26, 2019, 08:52:25 AM
    • ragnoroker: Brand new server! Join today - Good Eco/Nice Players - [link]
      September 25, 2019, 08:59:33 AM
      September 25, 2019, 08:59:24 AM
      September 25, 2019, 08:59:15 AM
    • PavSwag: bopalini
      September 23, 2019, 10:08:02 PM
    • PavSwag: Join autoscape,0rg fun events daily for infernal mystery boxes only server with Infernal Twisted Bow
      September 23, 2019, 03:05:33 PM
    • Frostydapure: Upcoming dmm/open pvp world server, 2006 style (different and fun trus me) [link] join join!
      September 23, 2019, 08:05:52 AM
    • Frostydapure: Upcoming dmm/open pvp world server, 2006 style (different and fun trus me) [link] join join!
      September 23, 2019, 08:05:45 AM
      September 22, 2019, 02:55:32 PM

Author Topic: Newbie having issues getting started creating own RSPS  (Read 737 times)

OfflineYkcud

• View Profile
    Newbie having issues getting started creating own RSPS
    « on: January 06, 2018, 03:38:19 PM »
    Hello.

I have been trying to create my own private server with the goal of having the ability to play around with one on my free time. I dont intend to release it, and kind just want a virtual playground if you will.

I have followed the instructions on the wikihow "How to Make a Private RuneScape Server". So far I have encountered some odd problems that I hope any of you could help me out with.

I have 2 systems I have attempted to run this one btw. One has Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on a desktop. The other has Windows 10 Home 64 bit on a laptop (this one is my main one).

I have downloaded the JDK, which I suspect something might be amiss there, but then again I am far from an expert on these things. I have also downloaded the starter pack indicated from the wiki (which is from like 2012 or so, kind of old in the grand scheme of things).

When I try to run or compile any of the batch files, I get the following error:

"Error: Opening registry key 'software\JavaSoft\Java Runetime Enviroment'
    Error: could not find java.dll
    Error: Could not find Java SE Runtime Enviroment.
    Press any key to continue . . ."

I have tried to reinstall the JDK and it has yielded the same result. This is happening with both of my systems.

Also curiously, there are some java games on my desktop that before the JDK was installed would not open at all. I would click on the Java icon and see the blue wheel for a few seconds, then nothing. When the JDK is installed in will run the programs, but when ever any of these games prompts to have anything named such as a character, file name, ect, it crashes.

I do not have access to the internet very often, so my approach to solve this is to sort of shotgun it if you will. What I am planning to do is find other links on instructions to create a RSPS, including youtube videos in case I missed something. If there is anything else you need to know to help me resolve this, please ask.

Also while I am at it, I am looking primarily for a source that is like old school Runescape (2006 era). If I can at least get something up and running, I am going to post another topic to find one. Thank you for any help.

1/7/18: Update: So I was able to get the client window open by editing the batch files to the correct destination, but the client is not able to connect. I will be experimenting with Eclipse as some of the tutorials use it.
    « Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 03:56:44 PM by Ykcud »
    Runescape Gambling

OfflineCres

• View Profile
    Re: Newbie having issues getting started creating own RSPS
    « Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 09:18:32 AM »
    Client not connecting

Make sure the client is set to connect to 127.0.0.1 as the address and whatever the server's port is (generally 43594).
    Portforwarding isn't necessary for local hosting I believe.

JDK issues

Most IDEs (like Eclipse) come with their own JDK version. Installing the JDK for yourself is not necessary most of the time if using an IDE anyways unless you want to compile outside of the IDE (for quick fixes or projects that can't be imported to the IDE for whatever reason.

Also make sure you downloaded the correct JDK version. 32-bit or 64-bit versions (and the x86 counterparts) can make a big difference.

Also lookup how to set global variables. This can help solve some issues involving with the system not being able to reckognize or find the correct java installment to use.
    And I can find myself alone with just my thoughts
    As time crumbles away

Avenged Sevenfold - Darkness Sourrounding

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.