Welcome, guest! Please login or register.

* Shoutbox

RefreshHistory
    • AutoScapeM: Join autoscape,0rg fun events daily for infernal mystery boxes only server with Infernal Twisted Bow
      September 19, 2019, 11:57:33 PM
    • AutoScapeM: Join autoscape,0rg fun events daily for infernal mystery boxes only server with Infernal Twisted Bow
      September 19, 2019, 11:57:30 PM
      September 19, 2019, 11:57:25 PM
      September 19, 2019, 11:57:19 PM
    • PavSwag: try autoscape,0rg today i will personally help you get RICH and well KNOWN - pav
      September 19, 2019, 12:36:06 PM
    • PavSwag: try autoscape,0rg today i will personally help you get RICH and well KNOWN - pav
      September 19, 2019, 12:35:49 PM
    • Codar: Come join us while we're fresh we're growing fast!! @ [link]
      September 18, 2019, 09:30:25 PM
    • Codar: New RSPS come check us out! @ [link]
      September 18, 2019, 04:07:24 AM
    • Codar: Released a new server come check us out! @ [link]
      September 18, 2019, 02:08:23 AM
    • ragnoroker: RuneGuild will be hosting some tournaments later to win some mystery boxes, join here : [link]
      September 16, 2019, 09:50:10 AM
    • calemx: death's-server has officially been released, come check us out  - [link]
      September 13, 2019, 04:14:21 AM
      September 12, 2019, 12:26:40 PM
    • cbrophy: would my account from 2013 work?
      September 12, 2019, 05:04:43 AM
    • ragnoroker: RuneGuild has officially been released, come check us out - [link]
      September 11, 2019, 11:26:35 AM
    • ragnoroker: RuneGuild has officially been released, come check us out - [link]
      September 11, 2019, 11:26:31 AM
    • ragnoroker: RuneGuild is due to be released tomorrow! First few players will recieve some goodies. Sign up on our website [link] Join our discord for updates [link]
      September 07, 2019, 07:43:28 PM
    • ragnoroker: RuneGuild is due to be released tomorrow! First few players will recieve some goodies. Sign up on our website [link] Join our discord for updates [link]
      September 07, 2019, 07:42:59 PM
    • ChrisMeadows: Yo, what's the forum's discord?
      September 04, 2019, 08:33:06 PM
    • newerarsps: i cannot register to rsps list anyone can help?
      September 01, 2019, 11:24:00 PM
    • PavSwag: Date Registered: July 03, 2012, 03:54:45 PM Think im just as good vet as u man, + I have over 80B in rs3 think im good on anyones 100k ass lookin bank b oi
      August 27, 2019, 10:48:09 AM

Author Topic: [317/PI] Server's Initial Setup Guide  (Read 3774 times)

Offlineskillforlif3

• View Profile
    [317/PI] Server's Initial Setup Guide
    « on: April 06, 2016, 11:54:44 PM »
    Hello Moparscape, This is going to be one of my first contribution to the community since 2010 :P
    I'm more of a RuneServer Guy than Moparscape but i thought why not come back and do something.. So lets begin.

This guide will explain in depth on how to start a nice programming environment for your server/Client to be worked on and will also get into the basics of programming in JAVA.

These Sections will be in the following.

PARTS:

A: Setting up a nice IDE to start developing your own server!
    B: Basic starter guide to programming
    C: Getting more in-Depth with programming
    D: Running a Successful Server.

A):

Part A.1) The advantages of using an IDE Compared to using notepad++/Notepad:

Using an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) is one of the most useful things you can do to start your own server, The advantages of using a IDE is as the following..:

• Syntax Highlighting
    • Not needing to compile after every change
    • Shows errors straight away
    • Makes life easier in general.

If you use notepad or notepad++ you are limited to the stuff above i listed, So basically my point im getting across is USE AN IDE.

PART A.2) Setting up an IDE to start development of your Server!:

There are many different IDE's out there for JAVA based programming but in my case im going to teach you how to use 'Eclipse' Since its a well known/used IDE in the RSPS Programming Community.

First off we will need to download it, Therefore we will goto Eclipse.org and Click the Download Button, We should see alot of different types of eclipse to download.

Click this one:

After you have installed Eclipse, Open it.. and you should have a screen like this:

Next open those two boxes overlapping eachother as it said in the picture i took.

After that goto File>New project>Java>JavaProject and Click okay

Now follow the GIF i have put below:

Untick the box and click browse and select your Server files.. it should open a folder in the navigator..

ECLIPSE TUTORIAL WILL BE CONTINUED...

PART B) Initial Java programming:

Well.. You want to start programming Java, But you know nothing about it? Well Java is a (OBJECT ORIENTATED Language) Which is basically a rip off of C#, Its very stable and reliable and also community driven, Meaning JDOCS will update alot.

So in this part im basically going to teach you the main components of JAVA which you will use alot within programming in basically any language..

VARIABLES:

Declaring Variables is like making a little open box in your RAM For things to be stored while the program is opened, Although i wont go in-depth with this as i am still learning JAVA myself.

There are many Types of Variables.. I will list them below and show you a what they do/mean

• INT: An Integer is a numeric value ranging from -2147,000,000 to 2147,000,000 If you go over the number it will return back to 1 or even give you a nullpointerexception etc.. Basically Ints are used to store numeric values.  (NOTE: You can't store decimal Values inside of INTS)
    • String: Strings are used for Alphabetical letters etc, EG: String myString = "This is a String";, You can also store numeric values inside of strings but is highly cringed apon since theres INT to do that.
    • Float: Floats are decimal values, Basically stores numeric values but they can be Decimal.
    • Double: Doubles aren't really used as much these days although they are basically the same as floats
    • Long: Longs are like ints but can hold a higher value.. its some ridicilous amount like 1123123123123123123 to 1231239128412848218 IDK.-.

IF STATEMENTS:

If statements are used frequently within java and other programming languages..

Example is like

IF>Number 10>Equals True>Send a message

We would write that out like

if (number == true) {

c.SendMessage("It equaled 10");

}

But yeah theres the if statement.

For loop:

For loops are also commonly used but are hard to remember the syntax .. For loops are used if you need to repeat something many times

example
    int repeat = 5;

for(int i = 0; i > repeat; i++) {

c.SendMessage("I will be repeated 5 times");

}

This is the end of java basics, I will update the thread in another few hours completing most of it off..

Kind Regards,
    Jack

[/b]
    Runescape Gambling

OfflineTree

• View Profile
    Re: [317/PI] Server's Initial Setup Guide
    « Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 12:05:13 AM »
    You need to fix up the formatting and presentation. Wrap code in code tags.
    Secondly, avoid being too opinionated. For example:

Well.. You want to start programming Java, But you know nothing about it? Well Java is a (OBJECT ORIENTATED Language) Which is basically a rip off of C#, Its very stable and reliable and also community driven, Meaning JDOCS will update alot.

Remove this. It indicates to me that you have very little idea of what you're talking about. Other than that, contribution is always a good thing and I hope you keep at it. :) Glad to see you're learning!
    « Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 08:16:35 AM by Tree »
    <_^_> this community has really collapsed
    <_^_> it is like a shitty version of friendster for washed up nerds
    Runescape Gambling

Offlineskillforlif3

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 07:20:59 AM »
    You need to fix up the formatting and presentation. Wrap code in code tags.
    Secondly, avoid being too opinionated. For example:

Remove this. It indicates to me, that you have very little idea of what you're talking about. Other than that, contribution is always a good thing and I hope you keep at it. :) Glad to see you're learning!

Appreciate the feedback Tree,

Like i mentioned. I'm still learning JAVA as i go on.. But im trying to make a in-depth guide for the newcommers that have no idea where to start just like we all were noobs once.
    Runescape Gambling

Offlinefopanss

• First Time Poster
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 12:17:36 PM »
    As a beginner it helped me out alot! thanks for the help!

Offlineskillforlif3

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 05:11:04 PM »
    Lots of incorrect and missed out information.

Explain? Incorrect Information??

..?

Offlinerunescape sucks

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 10:29:58 PM »
    There are many Types of Variables.. I will list them below and show you a what they do/mean

• INT: An Integer is a numeric value ranging from -2147,000,000 to 2147,000,000 If you go over the number it will return back to 1 or even give you a nullpointerexception etc.. Basically Ints are used to store numeric values.  (NOTE: You can't store decimal Values inside of INTS)
    • String: Strings are used for Alphabetical letters etc, EG: String myString = "This is a String";, You can also store numeric values inside of strings but is highly cringed apon since theres INT to do that.
    • Float: Floats are decimal values, Basically stores numeric values but they can be Decimal.
    • Double: Doubles aren't really used as much these days although they are basically the same as floats
    • Long: Longs are like ints but can hold a higher value.. its some ridicilous amount like 1123123123123123123 to 1231239128412848218 IDK.-.
    This part is hilarious.

Looks like an ok guide for people completely new to IDEs, I guess.
    Roy132

OfflineMinimi Guard

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 03:57:43 PM »
    Still waiting for future updates!
    Proud Owner Of MinimiScape!!
    Join The MinimiScape Forums Today!! (Done! Get on and sign up for a member!!)
    "I Demand A Recount!!"

Copyright © 2017 MoparScape. All rights reserved.